Seven Dates A Weekend | RO ✓

By riveting-

[COMPLETED] ➠ SHORT LISTED UNDER "MATTERS OF HEART" CATEGORY FOR WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2021!!! NOW A FEATURED... More

before | the beginning
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
00 | epigraph
01 | the one in which the plan is ruined.
02 | the one in which they swap coffee and names.
03 | the one in which they have a moment
04 | the one in which they open up
05 | the one in which saloni has a job.
06 | the one in which there's a procedure
07 | the one in which it's finally Friday night
08 | the one in which date one has a reservation
09 | the one in which it's time for a healthy breakfast.
10 | the one in which he sings
11 | the one in which she has a cute lunch date.
12 | the one in which she has a movie date.
13 | the one in which she has a night racer date.
14 | the one in which there's sunday dates
16 | the one in which she dates Aahan Kapoor.
17 | the one in which she goes viral.
18 | the one in which they kiss
19 | the one in which there's heartbreak
20 | the one in which she's gone.
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
00.2 | epigraph
00.3 | character aesthetic.
21 | the one in which there's a problem
22 | the one in which there's the ex
23 | the one in which there's mud cake and apple pie
24 | the one in which the villa is a getaway
25 | the one in which there's the amends and the plan.
26 | the one in which there's the confessions
27 | the one in which it's their date one
28 | the one in which there's sunrise and tapri ki chai
29 | the one in which there's food, coffee and movie dates.
30 | the one in which it's the final date
31 | the one in which you're it.
32 | the one in which north meets the west
33 | the one in which she got to start anew
34 | the one in which its Christmas engagement Party
35 | the one in which there's 10,000 dates for a lifetime
00.4 | AUTHORS NOTE
after | the ending

15 | the one in which he doesn't show up

237 36 8
By riveting-

When I pry open the door for Meera the first thing she does let out a Yelp and gasp looking at me. With my hair frizzy then ever before, my eyelids heavy and puffed up. My lips chapped and dry. And my clothes all wrinkled up and loosely hanging down my petite body, I could pass off for Chudail quite easily.

I sigh to myself as I push away a few strands of loose hair away from face and tuck them behind my ears. "Please don't scream, I'm still slightly hungover."

She lets out a breath of relief before passing by me and walking into the room. "Can you blame me? You look like you just got killed and came back like a demon." She shivers at the thought of it and I roll my eyes as I close the door and follow her.

"Please, go shower." Meera frowns looking at me. She sets down two bags which I'm assuming is one for my clothes and one for makeup. "Become human again please."

I grunt but nevertheless follow her pleas. I carry a towel and bathrobe with me and head off towards the shower. The hot steaming water against my skin feels amazing. The taunt poster of sitting on the bike melts away with the water on my skin. I wash my face and shake my hair under the shower. I feel good. But thoughts of Aahan revolve around my head. I stand in the shower looking down to my feet. I feel embarrassed yet again.

What was I expecting? Was I wanting something more to happen with him? Oh my god no! He's my boss here!! I slap my cheeks that keep heating up. But I can't slap the thundering heartbeat.

Why? Why am I feeling like this? I try to convince myself it's just because of my surroundings. I have been on several dates in the last few hours. I've been getting hit on and loved. Maybe that's why.

But Aahan is different.

Aahan Kapoor is not my date.

He's my boss.

I sigh heavily, running a hand through my now shampooed hair and wash the dirt. When I'm done showering and drying my body. I wrap the bathrobe around me and prepare myself to face Meera. When I step out, I'm greeted with two dress options.

One is a simple pastel blue dress. It is a sleeveless dress that pleats from the waist. It screams elegance to me. The second dress is a red one. It's a long dress that has a turtle neck and has slits from the sides to show off my legs.

I stand amazed at the options available to me.

"Which one is more dear to you?" Meera asks, coming to stand by my side.

"The blue one." I reply immediately. "But the red one is so badass, I want to try it too."

"Well, you're in luck. You have to wear it both for the two different dates." Meera explains and my eyes widen.

"Two changes?" I sigh, already feeling tired of the long day awaiting me

"Girl, don't even get me started on that. I'm the one who has to make it happen." Meera sighs, pressing the creases formed on her forehead. "Anyways, which one will you wear now?"

I choose the red one. I await the blue dress to be my final date. Meera works quickly. She styles my hair in a high ponytail. Helps me wear red block heels. And finally does a fiery red yet subtle skin makeup. The final look like always amazes me and this time I tap Meera's shoulder.

"Great job." I grin. She laughs. "Thanks for the cooperation. Now go!! Grab that camera and off you go!!"

I wave her off and head out of my room. For a moment I stop outside Aahan's room. I feel an urge to call him. To talk to him. For whatever reason. But some type of fear soon rolls under the skin. And then I'm moving away. Away from his door. From his presence and his those dark coffee roasted beans eyes.

***

My next date is a brunch at my date's apartment. After finishing my introduction and reviews like always, with the cameramen and crew, I soon move into the building and climb the stairs. I have a personal camera dangling around my neck. And my phone tied to my hip in a transparent fanny-pack bag.

Taking a turn to my right on the first floor, I come face to face with Mahir Khan's apartment. Mahir seemed to be an old school guy. But he loved to "read people." Which I think is normal, since he's a psychiatrist.

When I ringed the doorbell, it creaked open and I held my camera up and facing forward to the gorgeous face I had ever seen. Before me stood a green-eyed, subtle sharp jawline man, who stood easily above 5'11 in height.

"Wow." I breathed and immediately he chuckled. His eyes darted from my face to my camera.

"Hey guys" his huge hands waved at the camera. Then his eyes met mine.

"Hey, miss."

"Wow," I repeated again, this time slowly.

"You've already said that." He laughed.

"Beauty needs to be appreciated." Somebody, please seal my lips, I plead in my head. "You look like someone I could never date."

"Well here's your chance, isn't it?" He pulls open his door wider for me to step in and I grin ear to ear as I step in.

He leads me to his coach, before disappearing into his kitchen. I take into my surroundings and place my camera down on the coffee table, facing me.

The house is painted in cream brown and a bloody maroon. There's white furniture. There even a white fur carpet under the glass coffee table. A large TV hangs on the wall at the centre. And besides, they are photo frames. Pictures of him and his family. Him and his siblings. Him and his friends.

The vibe of this house feels great. Confirming that, I relax back on the couch before Mahir appears again with two mugs of chocolate coffee and then later, two plates of Salad, egg omelette and bread.

"Did you read my mind? I was craving egg omelette for brunch." I gape at him as he places the plates before me.

"Maybe, maybe not." He teases, taking a seat beside me. His weight pressed against the coach harder than mine. I turn to his now charming presence and smile.

"I don't think we've introduced ourselves to each other. Hi, I'm Saloni Neeves." Major takes my outstretched hand and shakes it with a smile. An actual smile. Not a smirk. Not an assuming one. Not a fake one. Just a simple smile. "Hi, Saloni. I'm Mahir Khan."

"So..." And then we are talking. Talking on various topics. Mahir tells me how he lives away from his parents, who actually reside in Delhi. He talks about the patient and how certain experience baffles him. Everything.

In the minutes of consuming food, we talk about various subjects. Ex, love, family, friends, betrayal and what not. I feel at ease talking to Mahir. He just opens me right up. And that's when I say.

"Can we like to have therapy sessions for a bit." I blurb, gulping down a sip of mango juice. "Forget for a moment you're my date. Just think of me as your patient."

Mahirs' brows squeeze in together, while his glass of mango juice in his hand tilts dangerously. "That's a first. No date of mine has asked me to do therapy with them. Usually, we do something else."

I burn scarlet red. Swatting him on his arm. "Mahir!"

"Okay okay. No need for whacking me. I was just saying." He shrugs, before adding, "But I'm ready to hear you out. Proceed to tell me your worries."

I take a deep breath before saying, "We just spoke about love right?"

He nods.

"I've been on so many dates this past two days. Is it possible to love one of them?" I ask. An image of Ashish and his kiss flies into my mind. Then it's Kiaan and his voice. Then it's Ivan and his honesty. It's Reyansh and his wildness. It's Viaan and his horrible personality. It all comes back. "I enjoyed my date but..."

"But?" He cocks an eyebrow at me. "There's something you're not saying out loud."

"But there's a certain pair of brown eyes and brown chunks of curly hair that makes my heart spin," I confess. I feel like I came up high to the mountains. But as soon as I left thoughts of denial carrying. I came crashing down.

Aahan Kapoor.

"Maybe you're already in love with someone else." Mahir says, "Denial is easier to pave into, instead of confirmation. But don't keep lying to your heart, Saloni."

"How do I know for sure? How is that a hundred percent guaranteed thing that I'm in love with him?" I franticly ask. Some parts of me yells, you know it's true! But I want it to be a lie.

Because when it's real, it will hurt.

"I don't do this to my patients but since you're my date, close your eyes for a second." Mahir explains, motioning to close my eyes with his hand gestures.

I do so. And I wait. Until I feel a brush of soft lips against my now. My body stills and I squeeze my eyes shut harder. I responded to a kiss after a while. But when I do all I think about is. Brown eyes. Messy hair. And crooked nose. A beautiful smile.

When Mahir pulls away, I open my eyes. He looks at me questioningly. But deep inside I know what just happened.

It's him.

It's been him since that rainy day.

***

I sit anxiously, for my next date to arrive in a coffee shop. The ambience is cool and calm. There's a rock band swinging songs, but softly. There's people seated on white and black furniture. Golden lanterns are hanging off the roof and illuminating the room. But the chair before me is empty.

kya chal raha hai? I can't help but wonder. All these times my dates have arrived before me or with me.

It doesn't help that my mind is someplace else. Ever since that shared soft kiss with Mahir, all I think of is him. I can't stop thinking about how it's all making sense. How all those emotions were swirling into the chambers of my heart. How his gaze has held me captive and always searching for it again. How his hands have me want to make them explore more within me.

My body burns up in shades of red as these thoughts rumbling around me. I slap two hands on both my cheeks simultaneously. Adjust the camera facing me, it keeps recording everything. I blush again.

I'm such an embrassment.

Where the heck is my date? I need a diversion. Something to tell me it's a lie. It has to be a lie.

He has her. Sushmita. Even her name screams more sanskari then mine. I can't help but feel helpless and ashamed. I clutch my throat softly as a heavy lump forms in it. A three-lined star chain rattles around my neck and my clutching hand. I gently squeeze the pleats of my blue dress and shake my hair away from my face, that curls down my shoulders. Yet I feel unease. I know this because my foot can't stop tapping in these white heels.

I pull my phone out and check the time.

One hour. My date hasn't arrived. I've been sitting here for some guy name Siddarth Shah. The shop workers look at me questioningly. Except for water I've ordered nothing.

Could I be looking more pathetic? I scan through the crowds watching at the two cameramen who are recording me from different angles. Unlike the brunch date, they are here this time. The previous one had been recorded on my personal camera solely.

I raise an eyebrow at the cameraman, hoping that through some telepathic way he'll understand my doubt. Where is my date? Do you know? But both of them only shrug.

I feel something swirl in the pit of my stomach. Another hour passes. People have come and gone. One of the cameramen had left his equipment and called Aahan. He comes back with a look horror plastered on his face. He walks closer to me tell me the words I'm already dreading.

Two hours no date was a dead give away.

And yet I wait for the cameraman to approach me and say it. Confirm it.

"Nahi aah raha hai woh." He says, apologetically. Like, as if he's the one responsible when he's not. "You've been stood up."

And there he says it. A heavy breath leaves my body and I panic. I've been stood up. I've been left. He hasn't shown up. He has come here today.

How many times will this keep happening to me? This is why I don't usually date. This is why I don't catch feelings. This is why I can't love.

When it's real, it will hurt. When it's real it will hurt. When it's real... My mind is fuzzy. I stand up and rush out of the cafe. The cameramen follow me but I move more quickly.

I need air. I need space. I need calmness.

And then he's there. Standing with a look of worry as I shake in fear. The very last person I didn't want to see.

My date didn't show up.

But he did.

Aahan Kapoor did.

a/n : cliffhanger? I know. But it will take awhile to update. Next chapter will all make sense to this story. <3

Don't forget to please vote and comment. Thank you :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 11.3K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!💘 Join Spruha and Varad in their love journey🧡💙 𝗚𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗲 ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...
319K 26.3K 63
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
195K 15.6K 31
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...