Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 55

76.2K 2.6K 1.3K
By SJSebastian

Cover by Ms_EliMonroe  😘😘

I thank you all for the love and support.

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

############################

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

"That was.....I didn't expect that at all," he ran his hand through his hair and looked at me if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

I looked away from him, staring the nearby plants. We were seated in front of a marble made fountain in the gardens closest to the castle. Everyone else were inside having supper. They allowed us to have each others company that night.

"I...I felt in my heart that it was the better choice Phoenix. Why wouldn't it be? Your father was right. We already know that we're going to go deeper into this than we already are, then why not do it soon? I mean we don't have to make the pure blood king put another lord to rule Silver Heights and imagine all the hastle and the work. Plus if we take over, it will be so much easier for everyone else.

However, if I made you uncomfortable I'm so so sorry. If you think it's a horrible idea to get marrie-" Phoenix stopped my rambling by placing his forefinger on my lips.

"Do you know how much joy you brought into my heart when you said you were willing to marry me? Don't ever assume that I thought it was a horrible idea." He gently held my chin and uttered the words without a hint of a smile. I swallowed nervously as I gazed up at him.

"I do sense a certain amount of unease in you. You need to tell me what it is Little Flower. Don't hide anything," he asked concerned. Attempting to hide anything from the Dark Prince was futile. There wasn't a single success in doing it.

"Marriage is a better decision for everyone. Once we are together in Silver Heights, Prince Zenas and my brother along with Beth can also begin their reign. Everything would be quite secured right?" I shrugged at Phoenix and looked at him. Butterflies were having a war in my stomach. How do I explain this?

"Yes, many things will be secured. With a new king and queen in Silver Heights, we will increase security and no one will dare threaten these three kingdoms. Not without thinking at least a hundred times over."

"Yes all of that will be great," I wiggled my toes.

"What are you getting at?" he scooted closer to me on the bench and pulled me across his lap. I let out a shaky breath and looked at him.

"I'm scared. Of marriage." I whispered softly as I expected him to give me a serious talk but what he did made me squint my eyes at him. Phoenix chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"I thought so. I mean you should be. I would be a little worried if marriage didn't scare you at all."

"Oh?"

"If you're scared, that means you know it won't always be easy. We will face hard times and we will be forced to make difficult choices. There will be obstacles to overcome but I guess it's a package," he said casually.

"I believe we can face anything together, don't you my Little Flower?" he stared deeply into my eyes. His beautiful midnight blue orbs held so much depth. So much love and affection. His blood red irises shone under the bright moonlight. The red gave me a sense of security. He was ready for this marriage and that is all the assurance I needed. I knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt me and that was enough. I felt safe with him.

"Do we need to give them a date yet?" I asked meekly in which he replied with a nod. "I'm not sure about the date? Do you have any thoughts about it?"

"Engagement comes first," he said.

"Right." I stared blankly ahead, not knowing what to do. I can't believe I was going to get married.

"Next month?" Phoenix asked after a moment.

"Your father will want it sooner. Will he be okay with this?"

"He's not the one getting married. He will have to agree with the timing."

"Alright then."

"How about the wedding date?" he asked me again. That's when my mind decided to shut down. Making a decision was easier than actually carrying on with it. My hands began to tremble.

What if I'm not wife material? What if I'm not as good as Beth or Tonya?

What are you talking about?! Stop it! What do they have to do with anything?! I mentally scolded myself.

"You're making that face again. Cut it out," Phoenix flicked my forehead. I shook the unnecessary thoughts away and looked at him.

"Are you done with the over thinking? Do you have an answer?"

"How about we just tell them the engagement date and let them decide on the wedding date?" I suggested

"Alright. Let's put you to sleep. I know you're exhausted."

"I feel fine actually. I don't think I can sleep."

"Tell that to yourself when you're laying on your comfortable bed."

~~~~~

I covered my mouth as I let out a yawn. Stretching myself, I laid sprawled out on my mattress.

"Still think you can't sleep?" Phoenix asked smugly. Shaking my head, I felt my eye lids become heavy.

"S..so tired," I mumbled. I felt his presence getting closer to where I laid. Phoenix slowly bent down and kissed my cheek. I closed my eyes, relishing the feel of his warm lips against my skin. He was always gentle and soothing when he wishes me good night.

He then straightened up and started walking towards the door.

"Wait." he turned to look at me, slightly raising his brow.

"Yes?"

"Um.....never mind," I quickly said and laid back down. He stood there for a few moments.

"Just say whatever it is that you want, Little Flower. You know that I am unable to easily deny you anything at all." Blushing hard, I looked down at my fingers. I knew he was grinning at me knowing full well his simple words affected me.

"Can you stay?" I looked up at his frozen stature. He looked at me as if he couldn't believe what I had just said. He continued to stare at me while he cocked his head to the side.

"It's okay if you don't want to," I mumbled quietly and expected him to leave. A few seconds later, he started walking towards my now stiff form.

"I'll sleep on that sofa." he pointed at the large couch at the left side of my room. I breathe out feeling relieved that he agreed to stay.

"Okay."

Phoenix comfortably sat at the edge of my bed beside me. "I'll wait until you sleep, if that's alright."

Running his fingers through my hair he kissed my cheek again. I was slowly drifting off to sleep as he continued to play with my hair. "I can do this every night.......forever."

Scoffing, I turned a little and placed my hand on his. "You'll get bored of doing this after a few years, maybe months." I said.

He looked me in the eye and held my gaze for a few silent moments. "I don't think I'll ever get bored of taking care of you. You don't understand what you mean to me. You are the only little rose that exists in my vast field of thorns, you are the silent cure for my restless mind, the very light that shines through my dark self." he said in all honesty.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. I played with the hem of his sleeves as I blankly stared ahead. "Hey, go to sleep. You were tired remember?"

"I was," I said in a daze. "Phoenix you don't have to sleep on the couch. You can lay down next to me."

He gently held my chin and made me to look at him. "You don't know what you do to me," he gave me a lopsided grin. "Thanks for the offer but I'll stick to the couch."

I simply shrugged and told him it was alright.

"They were quite happy with the engagement date, don't you think?"

"Yeah, now all the bloody work starts." He grumbled in annoyance which brought a smile to my face.

~~~~~~~~~

"I love it Phoenix. I really do. How many times do you need to hear it?"

"I don't know. I wasn't sure if you would like the design. I chose this one because it reflected your personality."

"I love it and I will cherish it but not as much as I cherish you." I hugged my Dark Prince. Moments later I felt his strong arms around me.

I chuckled remembering how worried he was earlier. He was so scared that I wouldn't like our engagement rings. I didn't know the most feared hybrid could actually turn out to be adorable. It was extremely rare but I am glad to have witnessed this side of him.

My ring was simple, and elegant. The band was a radiant gold with an exquisite design of a golden flower on the top part of the ring. A small clear diamond rested at the center of the flower design and another diamond rested right beside the flower. I adored the ring with all my heart. I couldn't believe that he would actually consider me not liking it. His ring was also elegant. It was a simple gold band with inward curvature designs that went both vertical at the center and horizontal. Both connected, making a 'T'. His ring also had a clear diamond which rested in the center of the vertical curve.

He had really good taste.

"I'm happy that you like the ring and I'm happy that the party is almost over. It's too crowded." I lightly slapped his chest. "Don't say that. This is only going to happen once!" I whisper yelled.

"What parties? Trust me they will never stop-"

"What? I'm talking about our engagement," I stressed out.

"Oh, that," he said blankly not knowing what else to say. I glared at him and walked towards my mother.

"Oh, my beautiful fae princess! This dress looks amazing on you! I told you to trust me didn't I?" mama gushed while hugging me tightly.

"You always pick the best ones for me." I said while once again admiring my rose gold, floor length, A-line gown, which had immense precision of beading detail all over it. My gown was sleeveless and comfortable too. The top fabric was mixed with glitter for a sparkly look. My mother has good taste too.

"The party is going great! Everyone is either ecstatic or simply dumbfounded! A fae creature together with the infamous Dark Prince and all," she laughed.

"You seem excited mama," I observed the fae queen.

"Well, what do you expect? Their reactions are amusing!" I smiled at her, feeling glad that she's having a good time.

"You're all grown up now, aren't you?" her warm smile faltered.

"What are you talking about? I'm still your daughter who has much to learn from her amazing mother."

"You won't need me much anymore," she said looking at me with tears in her eyes. Why would she even think that?!

"I will always need you mama. I might be grown up but I'm still your little girl in more ways than one. I'm not moving too far away from you." I crushed my mother in a tight embrace refusing to let go for a long time.

"I can't believe you're going to get married. I can't believe you're already engaged!"

"And I'm still clumsy and I enjoy running around with the pixies," I laughed. "I think I might drive him mad." She laughed along with me when I said that.

"Where's papa?"

"With King Epaphroditus Urien. Your father is going to sulk all week," my mother scolded.

"Why?"

"You being engaged and all. He still thinks you're seven."

"I'll talk to him later tonight." I promised my mother.

"Oh, Kyle and Prince Timothy were looking for you. If I'm not mistaken, they're by the dessert section."

Of course.

"I'll go meet them."

On my way towards the dessert area, I met many people. Most of them wanted to give me their blessings, some thought I was being forced to marry Prince Phoenix Valentine and a few of them gave me some tips on how I could defend myself against him. Mama was right. People were funny.

Nevertheless, I thanked them for their concern.

"Kyle? That's way too much sugar for one night." I eyed him devouring another chocolate brownie. I don't know how many he already had.

"Aeval!! Finally. Do you have to be so busy on your engagement day?!"

"I have to talk to people Kyle, I'm sorry. I'm free now though."

"Good! Well congratulations little red." He crushed me in a bear hug and lifted my feet off the ground. I laughed and hugged him back.

"So where's Mr.Darky?" he asked casually.

"Kyle, do you miss his wrath that much?" I crossed my arms. My crazy brother is never going to change. I stared at him for a few moments before hugging him again.

"I missed you so much. You better find time to visit."

"Can't promise you anything my dear sister. I'm a busy man now," he rubbed his chin and pretended to think really hard.

"Oh is that so?" I drawled. "I'll just tell soon to be King Zenas Everett to make yourself work under soon to be King Phoenix," I said casually as I observed Kyle glaring back at me.

"You cannot do that! I work under Tim and no one else. You can't do anything about it," he tapped my nose.

"How do you know what I can or cannot do? I'm going to be queen soon Kylie Pie. I can use my queeny authority to do many things," I smirked at him while flipping my fair.

"You tyrant!" he gasped. "I warned you about Darky. Now you're becoming just like him!"

"Stop shouting," I covered his mouth with my hand and looked around. Thankfully everyone else were either eating or involved in some conversation. "If you don't find time to visit me, I will make you."

"Pffftt. Fine," he surrendered. I hugged him again. "I've just missed you a lot Kylie Pie."

"Stop calling me that!"

"No. So, how's work?! I wanna hear about your life in Red Kingdom now."

"It's okay. I mean I earn a lot now. I'll be able to buy a house soon and yeah things are great. I deliver important stuff to higher ups and soon I may have to work for the new king."

"Whoaaa. Sounds cool. So you get to travel a lot."

"With the little brat, yeah."

"Hey what are you two talking about?" Timothy joined in with a glass in his hand.

"What are you drinking?" I asked him immediately.

"Water. Eleven year olds can drink water."

"Why is your water sparkling?"

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"It's not, princess." He gave me a sly grin.

"You cannot be drinking that stuff. Give it to me," in one swift motion the glass was now in my hand.

"Hey! I have rights princess. I'm a pure blood prince!"

"Eleven year old pure blood prince. Do you want your parents or your eldest brother catching you with a glass of martini cocktail?"

"They won't catch me and maybe they will allow me to drink it."

"You know they won't. There are so many other drinks without alcohol, Timothy."

"They don't taste as good as this one," he whined and stomped away from us. 

"I deal with that on a daily basis." Kyle coolly responded.

"Wow."

"Yeap."

"Please try to stay longer Kyle."

"I will. Maybe a few days."

"Well, I was hoping you would be able to follow us to Silver Heights in a couple of days time."

"Why are you going there so soon? Is Darky planning to burn the entire kingdom down and build it up in his own liking?!" he asked in pure horror. I gave him a look of disbelief, wondering how his odd mind functioned.

"No! Of course not! We need to make certain preparations before we take over the kingdom. The people there need to be open to drastic changes. So we're going there to discuss important terms with the current leader who is also the general of the defense forces. He's helping to keep the order in the mean time."

"Ohhh." He nodded in understanding. "Wait a minute! General?! India!!!" He screeched. I covered my ears and then pulled him closer to me. He attracted so much attention. Many heads turned our way and many glared at an oblivious Kyle.

"Oh my gosh. Zip it Kyle. What the hell?" India rushed to us.

"No I will not zip it alright. Anyway, you remember that guard who put us in prison?"

"Um..."

"The one who locked us up!"

"I do! But he's not the one who locked us up. He was following orders." Kyle raised a brow at India which made her roll her eyes. I wonder what was that all about.

"Whatever witch. If you're done defending him, I wanna know if that guy was the general."

"Pffft! I am not defending him okay and he's the leader or something. I'm not sure if he's the general."

"Describe him," I suggested to Kyle.

"Let her. I forgot how he looked like," he smirked at an angry India.

"Fine! Dark skin, tall and really well built. He does give out general vibes now that I think about it." She said trying hard to keep a strict face.

"Okay...." I looked quizzically at her.

"What?" she crossed her arms and looked at me expectantly.

"The description so far does fit so I'm guessing it's the same guy. So, you guys should come along. Please?"

"Since you're begging for my presence. I will come." Kyle boasted.

"To where?"

"Silver Heights India. I told you about this two days ago. Did you listen?"

"You did?" she stared blankly at me.

"I don't care. You're coming. You said you will. You can be my personal witch bodyguard."

"That I can do."

We then continued chatting with one another about random things and soon the engagement ceremony came to an end.

Everything went on smoothly on that memorable day. Witty banter between Kyle, Alex and Timothy. Insults thrown at Kyle, Beth and India, deadly threats from Phoenix to Kyle. Even Tonya and Beta Iker Noah joined in.

I was especially pleased to see Tonya after so long. When asked about her life in White Winter's Land, she replied by saying it wasn't easy and that she was still adjusting to the foreign lifestyle. She also had to portray her inner strength in order to keep typical bullies away. The tremendous support and love from her mate helps her cope up with everything. They truly love each other. 

"Good luck in Silver Heights, Aeval. I hope all goes the way it's planned."

"Thank you. Will you not stay the night Tonya?"

"Of course I will. We're leaving tomorrow at noon."

"Great!" I squealed and hugged her.

"We're gonna have another girl's night! Me, you, Beth and India." She jumped up and down. This earned her a skeptical look from her dear mate that stood nearby. She smiled at him sheepishly and he replied by winking at her.

They're so cute together.

~~~~~~~~~

"Where is everyone Eve?"

"They're in the hall upstairs. I think they're all going to play a game. You should join them Alex."

"Yeah sounds good. This get together was what everyone needed you know. It's so good to have our friends and family all in one place. Eve, perfect timing for the engagement party and look, no one wants to leave!" I laughed at my twin's excitement.

"No one wants to leave? Yes no one....except Phoenix." Alex chuckled at my disappointed expression.

"Evie! He's the Dark Prince! He's never going to enjoy this kind of stuff and you better get used to the fact that both of you are opposites."

"Yeah, I know." I nodded in understanding.

"It's in his nature but hey, I'm surprised that he actually stayed throughout the party. I thought he was going to disappear right after the two of you exchanged rings."

"Alex, he's supposed to stay. It's our engagement." I said exasperated. Alex held my shoulders.

"Eve, you can't feel bad about this-"

"I'm not Alex. Really."

"I can see it in your eyes, Evie. Don't bother covering it up. You are bumped up that he's not enjoying the wonderful celebration." He stared at me knowingly.

"Alright, just a little but not anymore."

"Prince Phoenix and social events just don't go together and there's not much you can do about it." Alex explained. Maybe Phoenix was actually uncomfortable. Maybe he was forcing himself to be here.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing Alex. I'm going to go look for him and you should really be in the hall. I'll come join you guys later."

"Alright."

I went up to the third floor and found him standing on the balcony, simply staring out at the dark sky that was covered in myriads of glistening stars.

I slowly walked behind him, observing his stiff composure.

"Has it come to an end, Little Flower?"

"Um...not quite. Our closest friends and family are staying here. India, Tonya and her mate, Kyle and your brother Timothy are in the hall."

"Angel is staying?"

"Yes. He said he's decided stay here with Kyle for a few days."

"I see. Those two have become inseparable." He muttered while he continued to stare up at the sky.

"Phoenix, are....are you alright?"

"Come here." He said softly instead of answering my question. I went over to where he stood and I was immediately wrapped in him arms. My back was pressed against his front as we stood on the balcony.

"Phoenix-"

"Sshhh, let's just enjoy this." He rested his chin on my head. I closed my eyes quite liking the warmth he so generously passed on to me.

I don't know how long we stood there before he slowly turned me around. "You seem worried."

"Me?! You're the one who's standing alone on the balcony staring at the sky like some poet who's looking for some enlightenment." I blurted out. He tilted his head and gave me a lazy smile.

"Why do you seem so sad Phoenix? I know your not a party person but this is our engagement. I feel like you don't-"

"I want this engagement. Words cannot describe how precious this gift means to me. I apologize for not being able to show it. I'm not a people's person and I'm not good at expressing myself and if I have somehow managed to bring down your excitement or dim your happiness, I am sorry." My heart swelled upon listening to his words. Carefully, I reached up and cupped his face.

"I should have understood your feelings better. I will try not to have doubts anymore."

"Well, we have lifetimes to understand each other. No need to rush.....my fiance." My cheeks and ears heated up at his words. I knew I looked worse than a tomato.

"Fiance." I whispered.

"Yes. Fiance," he pulled me close and our lips connected. We kissed each other passionately as I stood in his embrace. Phoenix's lips were warm against mine. His kiss was filled with yearning and I gave him everything I had during our kiss.

I gently pushed his chest away when I was in need of air. We pulled away, breathless as ever.

"I can't wait to marry you, Little Flower." He kissed me again, more gently this time.

"You'll have to wait for two weeks, my prince," I smiled up at him. He stooped down and swiftly carried me in his arms.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To the hall, where everyone else is."

"You'll come too?" I was slightly taken aback. "It's alright if you don't want to."

"I'll stay for a while Little Flower. It's not a huge deal."

"Okay."

~~~~

"A cat eating salad!!" Beth screeched.

"Car crash!" Tonya shouted.

"Pixies making love!!" Alex stood up as if he got it right.

"A mermaid who can't swim?" Beta Iker tilted his head and looked confused as ever.

"No you idiots!!" Kyle angrily stomped his foot on the ground and glared at everyone. I stifled a laugh as Phoenix and I sat down on the couch near Bethany.

"Hey you're not supposed to talk." Timothy complained already trying to disqualify Kyle from their game of charades.

"Well, I'm forced to okay!" Kyle retorted and stared back at everyone seated. "You guys suck at guessing."

"Okay genius! Tell us the answer then," Beth demanded.

"It was a chicken laying eggs." Kyle answered seriously. That did it. We couldn't hold it in anymore. All of us burst out laughing at my blur looking brother.

"Go ahead and laugh! Like you guys could do any better."

"We could definitely do better than you. That was horrible acting." The beta complained.

"It was perfect acting. Your were just horrible at guessing!"

"Should I even argue with that?" the werewolf raised his brow at Kyle. Tonya touched his arm and shook her head, giggling at their nonsensical banter. He sighed and looked over at Timothy. "You're up prince. Make sure you do better than your actor of a friend."

Timothy confidently went up and took one of the folded pieces of paper in the glass jar that was on the small coffee table.

He held up one finger, and opened both his palms, placing them together. So it was one word and it was a book.

Next he pointed to his nose and did a pulling motion.

"Pinocchio!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Timothy curtsied and went back to his seat.

"Pffftttt. That was an easy one." Kyle snickered.

"No it wasn't!" Timothy argued back.

"Quiet you two. Next up is Alex." Beth stopped Timothy and Kyle. "Then it's Prince Phoenix's turn.

"What?" Phoenix gave Beth a cold look.

"All of us must play."

"No we don't, princess," he hissed.

"You have to. Punishment for coming in late." Beth crossed her arms and eyed him playfully.

"I'm not doing anything. She'll play on my behalf." He nudged my shoulder and dared Beth to say anything further.

"Okay to make things interesting, only you can guess when it comes to Aeval's turn. If you can't, you must play one round."

Phoenix glared at her and gave her the 'do you wish to die' look. "Phoenix it's just a guessing game," I held his hand.

"Then I'll bloody guess. I'm not picking a paper, little fiance."

"O..okay," I muttered. I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

The moment I said that, groans and complains filled the hall.

~~~~~~~~

A few days later.

Third Person's POV

"Did you forget anything?" Prince Alexander asked his wife and Kyle.

"I'm all good. How about you Bessie?" Kyle asked the princess beside him.

"Are you doing it on purpose?" she grumbled.

"Doing what?"

"My name!"

"What? Do I have to call you Princess Bessie?"

"No! My name-"

"Then what's the problem, Bess?"

"Eerggh! Just shut up and get in the car. Where is Timothy?" the princess demanded.

"Already here."

"Okay you're the last one. We're ready to leave now."

Minutes later all of them left for Silver Heights. King Sindrion Celeste and his queen along with King Caelestinus and Queen Charlotte all left in one car. Prince Zenas, Princess Esmeralda Valentina, India, Kyle and Timothy left in Prince Zenas' car. Prince Phoenix took his fiance together with her brother and princess Bethany in his car. They were surrounded by many heavy vehicles as the royal escort. Armed soldiers rode before them and behind the cars too.

The ride to silver Heights was five hours long. Prince Zenas' car was by far the noisiest. Kyle, India and Timothy spoke and argued about many things on the way. Even Princess Esmeralda and her elder brother would join in the conversation occasionally.

Prince Phoenix's car was loud only because Princess Aeval couldn't stop going through all the radio stations. She would listen to a song for a few seconds before changing it into something else. Her brother would tell her to stop but she would only stick her tongue out at him and continue where she left off. The Dark Prince had warned her about breaking the radio but she said that if she didn't have music then she would sing loudly. Princess Bethany was too eager for a duet. Sighing to himself, Prince Phoenix allowed his little flower to play with the radio.

The only ride with some civilized conversation was the one with the kings and queens. They spoke about the possibilities of having grandchildren.

~~~~~

They all reached their destination in one piece. The royals were warmly welcomed by the defense forces. They were escorted to the main study which once belonged to Lord Marcus. After observing their warm welcome, King Sindrion noted that the soldiers were somewhat relieved. He understood why. Keeping the order of an entire kingdom wasn't an easy task. Especially without an official leader to guide them through things.

"General Gabriel Wilde." King Caelestinus greeted the head of the defense forces. General Gabriel bowed to the kings and queens and welcomed all the royals. All of us took our seats around the huge meeting table. Once seated there was a knock on the door. One of the guards standing by the door opened it and revealed Prince Timothy, Kyle and India.

The general's eyes widened as he stared at the trio he once threw into prison.

"Long time no see general." Kyle smirked as he took his seat next to me. Timothy and India followed in suit. I noticed the general's eyes never left India. He stared at her until she sat next to Timothy and looked up at him. Their eyes met for a brief moment before King Caelestinus cleared his throat.

"I assume you already know the purpose of our visit here, general."

"Of course your majesty. How soon will Prince Phoenix and Princess Aeval start their reign?" he asked with a hint of desperation in his voice.

"Eager to lighten your burdens I can see. Don't worry. They will start to rule in approximately two weeks time."

"That's good news. What will become of us once they start?"

"You all may keep your positions. The only difference is that you will report everything back to me or to your future queen. That will be the first major change for you." The Dark Prince answered coldly. "One other thing. Don't be so sure that your positions will be secured until retirement. Anything can happen in that time." He stared at the general knowing full well that he was the one who took orders from a mere lord and threw his brother, a pure blood prince into prison when help was most essential.

The general gulped. "Of course Your Highness."

"We'll be signing those papers now. I'm certain there are piles of them." King Caelestinus ordered.

"General, you must let the people know about this. They must be prepared for the exchange of power in Silver Heights. This is going to be the first time that they receive a king and a queen." Princess Aeval informed.

"Leave that to us princess. We have already been sending out rumors but now we can finally confirm the good news." The general nodded to one of his guards and they all left the meeting room at once.

It was almost evening by the time all the paperwork was completed. The fae princess couldn't wait to go home. Thinking about home, her feet froze themselves on the ground where she stood.

Home. She thought again.

This was going to be home soon. Very soon.

This was going to be her home, her kingdom, her everything. Even the people were going to be hers to care for. She was going to wear the crown of authority, leadership, responsibility, trust, love and truth.

In two weeks time, everything was going to change.

She closed her eyes for a moment and exhaled through her nose.

I'm ready. She told herself

~~~~~~

"Prince Phoenix Valentine Caelestinus and Princess Aeval Florentine Sindrion. You are now, one." The archbishop declared after they exchanged their wedding rings.

Their rings were both black with red diamonds that rested on the head of the band. The design for Princess's ring was more feminine compared to the bold masculine design for the Dark Prince. The red diamonds were to honor Prince Phoenix's kingdom. Likewise, their gold engagement rings were made in honor of Princess Aeval's kingdom.

"You may now kiss your bride."

The Dark Prince turned away from the archbishop and pulled his beloved Little Flower close to him, kissing her chastely on the lips. He poured out all his love in that one kiss. Love that was going to last for eternity. She kissed him back promising the same.

"I love you Phoenix," she said slowly pulling away. Her eyes shined with unshed tears which eventually ran down her cheeks as she blinked up at him. He cupped her face and wiped her tears away with both his thumbs.

"Esmie and Beth are going to murder you for getting your make up all wet." Prince Phoenix said softly as he kissed her again.

The Dark Prince and his Little Flower were married in the same cathedral in Golden Haven.

Princess Aeval looked nothing less than stunning in her bridal gown. It was a white ball gown with loose, flarry sleeves that came down to her elbows. The top part of her dress was beautifully adorned with golden sequins that made a lovely design. The gold was to honor her kingdom, Golden Haven.

Prince Phoenix looked more attractive than usual with his dark, mysterious look that only he could pull off. He wore a fitting tuxedo that was all black. Only his bow, cufflings and the rose that was pinned as his boutonniere were blood red.

Another grand celebration is to be held in Red Kingdom the next weekend. Although Prince Phoenix was against it, his parents gave him no choice and so it was decided.

~~~~~~~~

"Throw it already!!" Princess Bethany yelled at her sister-in-law.

Princess Aeval giggled and turned around. Gathering all her strength, she threw the bouquet high up, over her head.

The pretty flower arrangement landed gracefully in the hands of India. She shyly smiled up at the handsome general who stood next to her. Princess Aeval remembered Kyle giving them a month before they tie the knot. They did make a handsome couple in the eyes of many.

"Eat something now. I know it's going to be a long night and you may not have time to spare for a meal." Prince Phoenix pulled his newly wedded wife away from everyone and led her to their table in the grand hall. Since the reception was done in the castle itself, its was easy for the young bride to slip away and take a bite.

Princess Aeval ate some pastries and pulled her new hybrid husband out for countless photo sessions.

"We have to take as many as possible Phoenix. When this day is over, you don't have to come out of your room for a week. I promise." The young bride negotiated with her eyes filled with excitement and joy. Her husband could no longer say no.

"Alright, and it's going to be our room. Don't forget that." He smirked down at her pink cheeks as she attempted to hide her face from him.

After posing for what felt like thousands of pictures, the Dark Prince took his bride and rushed to the grand hall. "Enough already. How many do you need?!"

"I want to capture every bit of today so that we will always remember everything about our wedding day. Every single thing that happened." She gave him those innocent eyes.

"Oh look, they're begining to fill in the hall. You can't go out now." The Dark Prince sighed in utter relief.

"Great!! Now the photographers are here!! We don't have to go out!"

Prince Phoenix groaned lordly and rubbed his face.

~~~~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

The whole day was such a blessing. I savored every moment of it. It's not often that so many people from around the world would gathered in one place. To make things better, they all attended my wedding as ordinary people. There were no politics involved. No talks of work or duty. Everyone laughed and enjoyed themselves. They all seemed so free.

The reception started with a few speeches. Among those were from my parents, my brother and Beth and Phoenix's parents and siblings.

I will not lie. Certain parts of those speeches were embarrassing but they brought out gut-aching laughter from the guests. "I didn't know you thought a snake could be your sister," India stared at me in shock.

"Mama said I was four years old! I don't remember talking to a venomous snake."

"Why the hell would you do something like that?" Phoenix demanded. I simply shrugged.

"I think I must have really wanted another sibling."

~~~~~~~~~

"Take my hand. You'll be fine." Later that night, Phoenix stretched out his hand for me to take. I stepped forward and placed my small hand in his. I saw that his large hand almost covered mine completely.

Gently leading me towards the centre of the dance floor, he waited for the music to start. It was time for the bride and groom to dance. Once the music started, I loosened myself up and allowed the the song to flow through me. We both started to move along with the soft, romantic music. He pulled me closer to him as we moved to the rhythm of the song. Closing my eyes, I relaxed and rested my head on his chest. My nervousness temporarily forgotten. I drowned them out.

"Little Flower?"

"Hmmm?"

"As much as I love holding you like this, I'm afraid our song is coming to an end."

"Oh," I quickly pulled away and shook myself awake. Being in his arms always took me to a different place.

"I will dance with my father now." I informed my husband.

Husband? My heartbeat quickened at the mere thought. Although we are not king and queen yet, we will be going to Silver Heights tonight. To get ourselves settled in.

Prince Phoenix.

The Dark Prince

Now my husband.

Going to Silver Heights tonight.

Soon to be Queen there.

And a wife.

That means.....

I came to when I heard a distant clicking sound. Blinking rapidly, I shook my head until I could think clearly. I stared at Phoenix snapping his fingers infront of my face.

"Stop freezing like this!" He whisper-yelled. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. Oh look! Papa is there, I'll see you later."

~~~~~~~

Prince Phoenix's POV

What the hell has gotten into her?! She suddenly seemed worried about something. The dread in her beautiful eyes caused an uneasy feeling to wash over me. After I shared a dance with my mother and sister, I observed my sweet Little Flower who has finally become my wife.

I saw how she enjoyed the dance she shared with her father. They were close and King Sindrion Celeste was and always will be protective of his daughter. As a father should. I will not let him down. I will protect my precious flower with my life. I will cherish her more than anything.

The uneasy feeling came back once I saw her face again. What are you thinking about?

I knew she was putting on a jovial and vibrant exterior. She is happy but I could sense something else in her too.

The overly grand reception ended two hours later. People were finally starting to leave the castle.

"Hey, you prepared for Silver Heights?" Alexander patted my back.

"I think so."

"When's the honeymoon?!" Princess Bethany excitedly asked.

"Hopefully a few days after the celebration in Red Kingdom." I answered her thoughtfully.

"Ooooohh, nice!" she clapped.

"Welcome to married life. Good luck with everything. I'm told that you'll be leaving in half an hour?"

"Yes. Once I actually find your sister. She has too many friends and too many bloody pixies."

"Yeah she's the fae princess. She's Aeval Florentine. Can't expect anything less from my dearest sister-in-law and quit hating those lovable creatures. They're amazing." I simply scoffed and walked away.

"That's Phoenix for you." I heard Alex mutter to his princess.

A few minutes after walking around, I spotted my girl in the hallway, talking to her parents. Her eyes were watery and so were the Queen's. King Sindrion looked a bit stiff but he gave his daughter a warm hug and whispered something in her ear. She giggled after he pulled away. Queen Aurora also gave my girl a tight hug and kissed her cheek lovingly.

As if sensing my nearby presence, my Little Flower turned around and smiled at me.

She hugged her parents one last time and walked over to me.

"Shall we?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yes, I'm ready."

"All our things are already packed and there is a car waiting for us outside."

"Okay." She softly said. We walked out the castle hand in hand. The moment before we entered the sleek silver car. We turned around and waved at our family members and friends.

They all looked so excited for the two of us. My mother was smiling widely along with Esmie and Angel. Even my father seemed truly happy. Zenas winked at me and eyed my girl. Then winked at me again. I ignored him after that. The Elven King chose this time to present us with a wrapped gift. My sweet princess thanked him with a warm hug.

Blondie, Alex, the witch, Tonya and Princess Bethany looked proudly at her.

The Alpha King and Luna shouted their blessings while King Sindrion casually had his arm around his queen's shoulders. He twisted his wrist and pointed two fingers to his eyes and then pointed those two fingers in my direction. Letting me know that he'd be watching me closely.

After settling inside the car, I signalled the driver to leave for Silver Heights.

"Is anything bothering you?"

"Nope. Why?"

"Let me rephrase. I know there's something bothering you. What is it?"

"What? No. I'm fine. Maybe I ate too much cake?" She attempted to lie. I'll give her a C- for trying.

"I've told you this many time, my Little Flower. You're a horrible liar."

"I'm tired." She muttered, looking at her lap. Sighing to myself, I wrapped my arm around her while she rested her head on my chest.

~~~~

Once we neared the castle in Silver Heights, I gently shook my wife awake.

Wife.

It was amazing to even say it in my mind.

She is mine.

After everything, she's finally, officially my other half.

"Mhmmm," she groaned.

"We're here." I stepped out of the car and helped her to come out without stepping on her gown. Once she was out, I stooped down and carried her in my arms.

"Phoenix! This is Silver Heights! There might be a lot of people behind those doors!"

"Just a few guards for protection. Not that we really need protection but still."

"Put me down, please. What if-"

"Just a few guards Little Flower. I ordered the rest of them to leave the entire castle to us for the next two days so don't worry."

"Okay."

One of the guards opened the massive front door and let us in. My shy little wife pressed her face against my shoulder. I carried her all the way to the third floor, into our new chambers. It wasn't as big as mine back in Red Kingdom but it was almost there.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to tell the maids to bring some water."

~~~~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

With that, he left me in our chambers. My hands began their slight trembling. I knew what was supposed to happen now. I love him with all my heart but I don't think I'll be able to do it now. Will he be angry? Disappointed? 

I don't want to disappoint him. I want to please him but I just can't. Not in that way. My heartbeat spiked up again. I could feel a certain tightness in my chest.

The loud knock on door pulled me out of my reverie.

"Here, have some water."

"Th...thank you. Where are the maids?"

"I just took the water from the woman since I'm coming back here."

"Oh." I couldn't find anymore words. My brain was only able to come up with short answers.

"Spit it out. Now. I can't bear to see you this way. I don't like it. I hate that I don't know what's bothering you so just spit it out, please." His voice became louder towards the end.

He was determined now and I know lying will only make it worse.

"Remember when we spoke in the gardens the other day?"

"We talk a lot in the gardens, Little Flower." He came closer and cupped my cheeks. Phoenix then took my hand and led us towards the bed. Our bed. Sitting on the edge, I let out a heavy breath.

"I mean the day of the meeting. Among both our families. That night when I made the decision to marry you."

"Yes, I remember everything."

"Do you recall how I said that I was afraid of marriage?"

"Yes, and that was alright."

"At the time, it wasn't just the idea marriage that scared me. It was....." I couldn't go on. I burried my face in my hands. I felt pathetic.

Almost immediately I felt strong arms around my waist. He pulled me across his lap, like how he did that night in the gardens. "My precious wife. Tell me what really scares you. Being scared of something shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness."

"It's not that I don't want to. I do but I just can't bring myself to toughen up. I don't want to disappoint...But every time I try to be brave.....I'm back in the cold, dark..." I stopped myself from rambling.

"Hey, sshhh. Look at me," I shook my head and looked at my lap. "Look at me. Please." After slowly lifting my eye to meet his loving ones, I relaxed. "You can never dissapoint me. Even if you tried really hard, it will simply not be a possibility. I love you more than anything my Little Flower. I always have. You have to trust me on that."

"I do-"

"Then tell me exactly what's going on in that head of yours. Are you afraid of our first night?" My head shot up as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Ahh, it seems I guessed correctly. Why couldn't you bring yourself to tell me that?"

"I...I...Wouldn't that...? I don't know. Wouldn't that be simply disappointing?"

"No." He said firmly as he lifted my chin up. "Making love should be a sacred unity between two people who love each other. If you're not ready, we are not ready and that's okay.

When we got married, I also married your beautiful mind, your pure soul and your loving heart. I chose you because you make me whole. In more ways than one, precious wife. We didn't marry just so we could have sex. Right?"

"Right." My eyes welled up and my tears fell before I could stop them. Phoenix brought his face closer to mine and kissed my tears away. Then he connected his warm lips with mine. 

We kissed passionately as his grip on me tightened.

After a few moments our bodies heated up and we pulled away breathless.

"At least let me get you out of that dress." I stood up and nodded at him. He slowly turned me around and loosened the strings at the back of my gown. It reminded me of when I worked for him as a servant. I was so scared and helpless back then but not now. Those memories never haunted me after he saved my life.

His hands were gentle while working on the knots. He was careful not to hurt me.

"Done?"

"One second. Now it's done." He placed his hands on my shoulders and slowly brought his hands down, slipping the gown along with his touch.

Once my beautiful gown was completely down, it laid on the ground like a circular cushion. I was left in my white bridal corset that came with matching underwear.

I shyly and hesitantly looked up at my husband. Looking into his eyes made me gasp. His eyes were a lot darker. Dark blue veins spread across his cold orbs.

"Phoenix?" He shut his eyes and shook his head.

"I'm fine." He forced the words out. When he opened his eyes again they were back to normal, the veins gone.

"You have no idea how fucking sexy you look right now. You are extremely desirable and alluring, my wife. This new look is almost.....tantalizing." He huskily spoke as he stepped closer to me. Hearing him say all those words made my heart flutter for some reason.

My body heated up again and before I could do anything about it, my wings slowly tore themselves from my skin and made themselves known with a grand entrance. My wings looked massive inside our chambers. Once they settled by my sides, they began to flutter. "I think they like what you said." I shyly mumbled as I covered my warm cheeks.

"Can you get more captivating or enchanting?" Phoenix gazed at me. "You're making this difficult, my precious wife." He quickly walked over to his suitcase and brought me one of his T-shirts.

After both of us freshened up, we both laid in each other arms. I enjoyed cuddling with him. "You look adorable in my T-shirt."

"It's huge and comfortable. Thanks." I smiled at him.

"Are you comfortable with me shirtless. This is how I usually sleep." He hesitantly asked me. I kissed his nose and gave him a nod.

"I want you to be comfortable too Phoenix. Please don't do everything in my favor."

"I love you, my Little Flower, my wife"

"I love you too, my Dark Prince, and from this day forth, my husband."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

SOOOOOO that's all for now, lively readers. Share your 💭 💭 💭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 104K 70
'Are you afraid, do I scare you, baby girl'? He asked me in a sturdy accent And all I could do is nod in affirmation, as I lay on the bed trembling u...
469 89 41
I ran as fast as I could. " you can't run away from me forever sweetheart, you are mine." He said, " what do you want from me?" I screamed at the top...
305K 7.4K 30
BOOK 3 "Dance with me Tallulah." His whisper slithered over my skin, tempting me to comply. I smirked as I brought forth my current, allowing it to c...
224K 5.2K 41
"Don't you get it? You know when you try to run away, punishment like this happens." he said teasingly, squeezing my chest. I gasped for air, I reall...