It Can't Be Him... (Villain K...

Per shirleyisbored

Kaminari was revealed as the U.A. traitor. He has been revealing information to the League of Villains for a... Més

Author's Note
Main Character Introduction
BEGINNING: Interview
CHAPTER 1: A Normal Morning
CHAPTER 2: Charged Food
CHAPTER 3: Forest Flames
CHAPTER 4: Scars
CHAPTER 5: Kaminari Denki
CHAPTER 6: Bakugo Katsuki's Rage
CHAPTER 7: DNA
CHAPTER 8: A Childhood Discovery
CHAPTER 9: The Big Three...? (Part 1)
CHAPTER 9: The Big Three...? (Part 2)
CHAPTER 10: Kyoka (Part 1)
CHAPTER 10: Kyoka (Part 2)
CHAPTER 10: Kyoka (Part 3)
CHAPTER 11: Monoma's Confession
CHAPTER 12: It wasn't a dream.
CHAPTER 14: No Turning Back Now.
CHAPTER 15: Get a grip, Yaoyorozu!
CHAPTER 16: Dabi
CHAPTER 17: His True Power
CHAPTER 18: An Unfair Battle
CHAPTER 19: Bakugo's Humiliation
CHAPTER 20: The U.A. Traitor
CHAPTER 21: Invisible Ink (Bakugo vs Kaminari)
CHAPTER 22: Failure (Bakugo vs Kaminari 2)
CHAPTER 23: Midoriya's Bruises
CHAPTER 24: Siblings Encounter
CHAPTER 25: What Does Your Future Hold?
CHAPTER 26: Resentment
CHAPTER 27: Touya Todoroki
CHAPTER 28: His Greatest Weakness
CHAPTER 29: A Foolish Mistake
CHAPTER 30: You're Not Alone
CHAPTER 31: Time is of the Essence
CHAPTER 32: Jirou's Gamble
CHAPTER 33: This Isn't Right
CHAPTER 34: Goodbye, Class 1-A
CHAPTER 35: The Final Recording
CHAPTER 36: U.A. Barbecue (Final)

CHAPTER 13: A "Pleasant" Surprise

1.8K 64 19
Per shirleyisbored

Panting as he ran up the stairs, Todoroki finally reached the destination he desired.

Knock Knock Knock.

Todoroki slammed his fists at Midoriya's room door, making sure he would hear it. He tried at the knob but, unsurprisingly, it was locked. Being the cautious person he is, Midoriya has been keeping his door locked ever since the Kaminari incident. In order to be safe.

But you need to unlock your door now, Midoriya, thought Todoroki, Or we'll all be in danger.

"Midoriya! It's me, Todoroki!" he called, letting the anxiety in his voice slip out.

"Just give me a minute, Todoroki!" Midoriya's voice called.

"Look, I know we already planned on leaving tomorrow for the hideout, but we have to leave now! Like, immediately. I can't tell you the specific details right now—I'll tell you everything on the way—but all I can say is that Kaminari is back! Jirou saw him in her room last night. And..." he gulped, "He's a fooler. He was fooling us all this whole time, and he will continue to fool us if we don't stop him now!" Todoroki let the cool surface on the door rest on his forehead, "I have a feeling Kaminari did something last night. I kinda...saw him on my balcony last night when we were looking at the stars. Well...I thought it was fake, but now that I know he visited Jirou, I just know he was up to something."

There was silence from Midoriya's room. Todoroki knew it was a lot to take in, so he gave him a few seconds to think about it. Then, after an awfully long silence, Todoroki cut in again:

"Are you ready?" he asked impatiently.

"Just give me a minute, Todoroki!" he said back. Todoroki groaned and placed his back on the door.

"That's literally what you said a minute ago," he said. Then, the realization hit him. Wait. He was right. That was literally what you said a minute ago. To confirm his suspicion, Todoroki waited for another minute. Then, he heard it again.

"Just give me a minute, Todoroki!" it called again. No. Not Midoriya. It.

Todoroki released a geyser of ice towards Midoriya's door and the door collapsed onto the floor with the ice. He charged into the dorm room to find...nobody. Nobody except an old phonograph on the sheets of Midoriya's bed.

"Just give me a minute, Todoroki!" it called after another minute.

Oh No.

............................

Kaminari's POV:

Surprises can be anywhere.

Todoroki Shoto's surprises are everywhere.

When you were a kid, what kind of surprises did you like? The good surprises, right?

The kind of surprise where you would follow your casual routine, go back home, or go to your friend's house. Everybody knows something you don't. Then you don't expect anything to happen until the big moment....BLAM! All the hidden party poppers crack open, confetti is everywhere, and everyone is screaming Happy Birthday loudly, and you're just taking the time to process everything that had just happened in one moment.

I had a surprise like that once. It's not like yours though, mine was the totally, totally weird kind. And I'll tell you this, surprises can mean so many different things. Very, very different.

See, my surprise was a birthday surprise too! I know, right? How very exciting, right? Wrong. Well, probably wrong for everybody else at least. Good for me.

I didn't have many friends back in preschool. Not because I was a freak, not because someone spread rumours about me. But because I was new. I was getting insanely bored of my old hometown, so I got my parents to let me try new surroundings. Unfortunately, it didn't make much of a difference.

On my birthday after school, I followed my usual routine home, chatting happily with the few friends I had (Kirishima and Sero including) while kicking pebbles that crossed our way. It was a fun and humorous conversation, really. But...I faked those smiles because I wasn't having fun. I was bored, bored, bored! You see, what I needed was a spark! I needed something to occur. I needed a surprise in my life.

And there it was. Right there on my doorstep.

It's like the Gods had read my mind or something, because the moment was just too perfect!

I was 4 at the time. It was the age where your quirk begins to manifest in your body. Some things are predictable. Almost too predictable. But quirks? Quirks aren't as easy to predict. Sure, you have at least an idea of its elements, but you don't know what its exact functions are going to be. So, like any other kid, the revelation of my quirk was something I looked forward to.

Anyway, I walked in. There wasn't any confetti, or any balloons. Why would there be? Mom and Dad always forget my birthday anyway. It's okay. You can laugh.

Everybody was already seated in front of the door as I walked in. Everybody, as in Mom, Dad, my sister, and...a doctor. Well, maybe I should be more specific.

My mom and dad, with terrified eyes, pale faces, and quivering lips, jolting as they saw me open the door.

The doctor, wearing a lab coat and holding a clipboard in his arm.

My sister, Seiteki. On a hospital bed. Alive...or dead?

I smiled at the unfamiliarity this setting brought into my mind. Well, what a nice family birthday reunion we have here!

"D-Denki", my poor mother managed to say. I'm surprised she was still able to say my name, especially after listening to what the doctor had just told her.

"Hey mom," I said casually as I put my shoes away slowly, "What's up?" I looked up at the doctor who was staring at me, "Am I supposed to know you?" I asked informally.

He said nothing. There was no single emotion on the doctor's face. Not even a spark of anything. Just unalive. I tilted my head to the side to see my sister on the hospital bed, confused.

"Hey, what happened to Seiteki?" I asked. But the more steps I took towards them, the more Mom and Dad backed away, as if I might destroy them if I came any closer. My brows furrowed into confusion, but my heart was still pounding with excitement. Something happened for sure. Something about me.

"Well," Dad started with nervousness, "There was...an accident. Um..." He wouldn't look me in the eye. I tried to contain the glow in my heart. Finally! Something interesting!

"What kind of accident?" I asked innocently. Then, realizing the doctor was still there, I turned to him instead. "Hey! If a doctor is here, that must mean...you have the results for my quirk, right?"

When the doctor nodded slowly, my excitement was already peaking higher than the roof.

The doctor opened his mouth to speak, but Dad interrupted, telling me to go back to my room. Not wanting to cause any drama, I left the room. I felt his and mom's eyes piercing onto my back as I marched away. They had to make sure I left the room watched. And I did, but I hid behind the door to listen. I wasn't going to let this grand show go to waste (obviously).

"Doctor, there must be a sort of mistake!" my dad exclaimed, "To think that Denki...to think that my own son is the one who would be the cause of all of this!"

"Right! He would never hurt his own sister!" said Mom defensively. I'm imagining her entire body enveloped in pure fear. I grinned.

Ah. I knew it. So it was I made Seiteki in that state. But...how? How did I do that?

"If I weren't certain," said the doctor in his monotonous voice, "I wouldn't be presenting you this information in the first place. Our research and investigations all add up: It isn't wise to keep your son in the house with you. Your daughter merely just touched his hand last night and she was zapped this severely. You've seen what he's done to your daughter. He could bring the same fate for others, including you. He's dangerous."

Dangerous. What a lovely word. It's funny, because the word dangerous is a good word to sum up my lifespan so far. Because I'm dangerous, my parents distanced themselves from me. Because I'm dangerous, I hurt Seiteki, who later died in the hospital. My quirk, everything about my quirk is dangerous, even for me. Because I'm dangerous, I joined the league. I'm dangerous so I created a fake personality and joined U.A. Because I'm dangerous...I can kill whenever I want.

But even with all that...even with all of that. Some people still refuse to accept who I am. What I really am. What's wrong with them?

I'm giggling at how gullible heroes really are.

...............................

Todoroki left to go find the one person he needed the most right now. Please be here, please be here.

"Bakugo! Bakugo! Open up!" exclaimed Todoroki. He banged on the blond's dorm room nervously, desperately hoping that he won't have to break down another door and find another phonogram on the bed. When he was met with another silence, Todoroki considered crashing the door down again, but he stopped when he heard movement and shuffling seconds later.

The door opened, and for once in Todoroki's lifetime, he had never been so happy to see the blond standing before him. A wave of relief rushed over him but he tried all his might not to show any of it on his face.

"The hell you want, icy-hot...bastard..." Bakugo muttered groggily, who was obviously sleeping before Todoroki thumped so heavily on his door, "It's...not even 8:00am―"

"We're leaving now!" urged Todoroki. He didn't care if he sounded needy. His plan was already falling apart. "Come with me to the hideout."

The blond blinked twice, as if Todoroki just told him a really horrible joke. "Hah?!" he yelled, "You're kidding me. It's morning!"

"Yes, I know," said Todoroki trying to relax a bit, "But I don't think we should afford to wait any longer."

"No way," Bakugo scoffed, "You and Deku made the decision to leave tomorrow. And now you're ordering me to wake my ass up because you're all getting impatient."

Todoroki groaned. There was literally no time to argue!

"Look, we're not really in a position to be bickering right now," said Todoroki through gritted teeth, "But Kaminari was spotted in Jirou's room last night―"

"What the fuck―"

"And Midoriya! I can't find Midoriya. He's not in his room!" he cried worriedly. Bakugo's eyes widened.

"That stupid nerd left by himself?" he exclaimed, his hair sticking up in fury.

"No, I don't think so. I think...I think Kaminari might have him," he placed a hand on Bakugo's mouth so his loud yells only became quiet mutters (they might attract attention). Then, he whispered to him with an intimidating tone before he could push him off:

"Look, you wanted to come on the mission didn't you? So either you get out of bed and come with me now or I leave without you!" Todoroki hissed. When he heard a quiet gulp from Bakugo, he was satisfied and removed his palm from Bakugo's face.

Bakugo sighed and then scratched tiredly inside his spiky hair.

"Fine. I'll... get dressed," he said, "But you're gonna fill me in on everything once I'm done."

SLAM!

Todoroki was again left alone standing in front of Bakugo's door, feeling tenser than ever.

Eyy we're done with another chapter. You don't need to know this, but I got my wisdom teeth pulled today and now I can't feel my lips.

For some reason, I got a whole ton of inspiration to write this story after reading a few chapters of "Thirteen Reasons Why" so I spent a lot of time writing this new chapter. This was probably a bad idea because I should be doing homework. Oh well.

Fun Fact ATS (About this story): Seiteki, Denki's sister (that I made up), is also "static" in Japanese I think. I can't be certain because I used Google Translate lol. 

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Looking forward to see what happens next?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

17K 757 19
Denki Kaminari is a graduate from U.A. and has been a reliable hero at Ignition Agencies for about three years. He's comfortable here, he has a sched...
203K 7K 36
High school Student (Y/n), just wanted to live a normal life. That all changed when local bad boy Bakugou Katsuki draws her attention. Not only is he...
Dead Roses Per orangesugars

Literatura romàntica

9.5K 245 21
So, I definitely know what I'm doing ---- So Kaminari turns out to be the traitor and Todoroki finds out and he's ok with it till he catches feeling...
15.4K 177 26
MANGA SPOILERS!!! Also, R-18 mature sexual content and swearing. COMPLETED. The war against the villains is over, AFO and the League of Villains are...