CHAPTER 30: You're Not Alone

"Todoroki." a new female voice chimed in. Bakugo turned to see Yaoyorozu Momo at the entrance of the room. She wore a pale pink blouse and a black pencil skirt, her ponytail held high and proud on her head. Todoroki didn't make an effort to acknowledge her presence, even after a repetition of his name. He sat there, staring at the ground, as if he was hypnotized by a mysterious force. Swiftly and calmly, Yaoyorozu marched up to Todoroki.

SLAP.

And she slapped him.

....................................................

A moment passed, and Todoroki grew a bright red spot on his cheek.

Slowly, he looked up at Yaoyorozu, who had fury all over her face.

"I can't believe you," she mumbled angrily, "I've let you go too far, Shoto Todoroki." 

Todoroki gave no response, just stared at the cold, hard floor.

"The policemen gathered evidence the other day" she said, "They don't know it yet, but judging by what they have collected, I figured out what you've been up to. Why you left Jirou's room that morning. Why you've been ignoring all my calls. Why you've been acting so suspicious." She glared, "You went to look for Kaminari, didn't you?"

Todoroki flinched at the sound of Kaminari's name, but again, made no attempt to speak. Instead, Yaoyorozu turned her attention to Bakugo and pinched his ear.

"Oi! Oww!" he yelled.

"You!" she said angrily, "I expected better from you, Bakugo Katsuki! How could you let this all happen? Do you know how much danger you put yourself in?"

She waited for his response but Bakugo just sighed.

"I don't have an excuse," he muttered, "We took a wrong turn, that's all."

"A wrong turn?" she scoffed, "You initiated a suicide mission!"

"Like I said, wrong turn."

The two of them bickered for a while, Todoroki silently staring at the floor, his eyes dark and misty.

"Where is he?" asked Todoroki suddenly after a few minutes. The two teens stopped their bickering and turned to him slowly.

"Who?" they asked simultaneously.

"Kaminari," muttered Todoroki, "Is he dead?"

"In the prison where they keep villains," said Yaoyorozu, "They're going to use him to gather as much information as they can about the Leag—"

"So he's not dead," said Todoroki, "He's still out there."

"Yes, but—"

"No," said Todoroki, "No no no, he can't be alive.

Todoroki immediately stood back up and took heavy steps towards the open exit.

"Todoroki!" said Yaoyorozu.

"Where're you going, fuckface?" sneered Bakugo.

"To the police station," retorted Todoroki, "I'm going to take Kaminari back."

"Oh really, genius?" said Bakugo, "'Cause I don't think they're going to hand him over as nicely as you imagine."

"Not if I make them." he said. He was already out the door, pounding his feet against the floor.

Bakugo gets up to follow him, but Yaoyorozu puts up a hand to seat him back down. She gives him a nod, as if saying Leave this to me. When the blond didn't argue back, Yaoyorozu left the room to follow Todoroki, her heart heavy.