CHAPTER 22: Failure (Bakugo vs Kaminari 2)

Kaminari was breathing heavily. He covered his ink-covered eyes with both palms, screaming loud.

"AHHHHHH!"

Bakugo turned to face him, with a mischievous glint in his eye. Kaminari raised a hand to point at him.

"I hope you can still fight without vision," Bakugo snickered, "Too bad it'll only be temporary, though." 

"You...you..." he stuttered, unable to resist the pain in his eyes.

Bakugo threw the middle finger at him, "Listen, punk, just because you're a villain now, doesn't mean you get any stronger than me." His gaze darkened, "I gave you three chances today, and you messed it up. Hurt Shitty hair, attack Shitty hair, then now you talk shit about Shitty hair. Your time is up, buddy, and I'm going to mess you up. Bad." He created explosions from his palms.

"Grahhh!" Furious, Kaminari charged at Bakugo at lightning, and Bakugo was able to dodge just in time. He aimed an explosion at Kaminari's spine, who did a backwards flip and caught Bakugo by the shoulders. The blond lifted a leg to kick Kaminari backwards at full force, who rolled onto the ground but ended up in a steady kneeling position. 

His laugh was maniacal. His hair was now wildly out of place, and if his eyes weren't permanently closed from the ink, they would probably appear bloodshot. He was panting, his fingers twitching to pierce through a heart.

"You're so, so, naive, young Katsuki," he said, "I may have lost my eyes, but you just lost your life. I already destroyed your insulator sheet, and you're defenseless now! Hehehehe." He got ready to summon another wave of lightning. Bakugo used his explosions as a boost to leap in the air, but the wave of lightning was so fast and powerful that Bakugo was unable to make it.

"NGHH!" he fell to the ground with a thud, "Fuck." He bit his tongue to avoid screaming in pain, writhing on the ground with electric sparks dancing all over his body. I gotta...get up...Come on, MOVE.

Seconds later, Bakugo felt Kaminari's foot hold him in place. It pressed down on his back, damaging his bones. 

"I'll kill you, I'll kill you..." Kaminari giggled as he put more pressure on his foot, "This victory is mine, Bakugo, and I'm gonna kill you." He raised a finger covered with electric sparks and grinned creepily. 

It's just as I thought, thought Bakugo, His quirk...

"Huh? That's weird..." Bakugo sneered.

"What, you brat?" Kaminari asked.

"Pretty sure you told earlier me that I didn't have a chance at beating you," he said, "Now, look at you. You're blind, making an effort to hold me down, and claiming a victory that was supposedly not yours before..." The blond did his best to stop shaking from the pain, "Hey, Sparky, you're weak, too, aren't you?"

"DON'T PUT ME AT THE SAME LEVEL AS YOU, SHITHEAD!" he yelled, pressing down harder. Bakugo groaned, but made an effort to speak up.

"I...know y-your q-quirk now," he gasped between breaths, "I know it now."

Kaminari prepared an electric spark as Bakugo continued: 

"The more you use your electricity, your sanity decreases," he said, "At U.A., y-you were only able to activate a maximum of 6 million volts. Because if you...w-were to use m-more than that...you would lose mental c-control...am I right?"

He wished he was able to see the expression on Kaminari's face, because he knew he was right.

"Y-You little..." Kaminari stuttered, "AHHHHHH!" He lifted his finger again and blindly aimed for Bakugo's neck.