CHAPTER 25: What Does Your Future Hold?

Kaminari's POV:

Hi, it's me. Gosh, you haven't read one of these first person chapters in a while, huh? Well, you've been a patient reader, but I'm going to take you away from the present. I think it's time for a little backstory...

A cold breeze swept through my bedroom curtains. The moon shimmered dimly in the black night, pulling the tides that crashed onto the seashore. Today, just like any other day, I fled my house. It didn't matter where I was, I had to be somewhere that didn't have anything alive. But the waves felt so motile, I wanted to leave.

A few days after my elder sister Seiteki was killed, things have been different for me. Whenever I walked down the street, people would exchange odd looks, and whisper to each other. Then, and only then, they would take one step away from me.

"Is it him?" they would ask.

"Yes, he's the one." the other would respond.

"The one who killed his sister with his quirk?"

"What a monster."

A kind doctor explained to my family that my quirk name was Electric Prison. I know, sick name right? As you already know, the more I use it, the more sanity I lose, to the point where I have no more control over my own body. Sometimes, it could result in memory loss.

Well, that's what happened the first time. I remember Seiteki and I getting into a massive fight that one school morning. We were pushing each other, grabbing at our hairs...you know, the childish fights siblings have.

Apparently, I let loose at one point, and ended up releasing my undiscovered quirk out of the blue. She fell to the floor and her last breath escaped her.

Then, I left the house.

And when I came back, she was dead, and I had no memory of what I had done.

After Seiteki's demise, my parents began to distance themselves away from me. They became fearful when the doctors said I wasn't a normal kid. I remember watching my father get on his knees and burst into tears, and my mom...well, let's not talk about her.

My parents would use any excuse, and I mean any excuse...to leave me alone. At the young age of 6, I had to teach myself how to cook, how to live on my own. Because my shitty, coward parents wouldn't do the job for me.

One day, I heard they were going to send me away to a faraway place. Could be an island, could be a daycare (which they'll never visit), could be a hospital. Anywhere they wouldn't have to deal with me again.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate my parents. I'm actually grateful they're giving me such an interesting life in this boring world. But I'm still my own person, I should be able to make my own choices. God, that sounds so cheesy, but it's true.

So, here I am. By the seashore, not too far away from my house. I listen to the violent crashes of the waves, letting the splashes hit my face. Until...

"Beautiful, isn't it? The ocean."

I spin my head around and there stood a boy. He looks just a little bit older than me, and just a little taller. He has grayish blue hair and...hands all over his face.

Now, I've seen really weird people on the media, but this guy...he's going places.

"Can I help you?" I ask calmly to the strange boy. Then I add, "Or should I give you a hand?" I start smirking at my own joke.