Hold On To Me

By Roninolive

One night of passion lead these two to forever be tangled intricately. Mo Yuan (Mark) is rich, perfect, and... More

First Encounter
An Unexpected Surprise
Madame Mo
The Contract
I Do
Are You Pretending To Be Demure
Playing House
Don't Forget You're My Wife
Time To Say Goodbye
Old Man Bai
His World Collapse
Two Little Doughs
You Are On My Mind
The Truth
The Show
Found You
Missed Chance
Feels Good To Be Back
It's a Love Affair
Are You Insane?
Let Me Breath You In
Her Heart Soften
I'm Hungry For Your Kisses
Old Love, New Love
Love Triangle
Truth
A Turn of Event
These Two Can Only Be Mine
Shameless
Too Eager
It's Hard to Say
Bewildered
Redeeming Myself
Mishap
Who Are You?
Disconnected
A little Progress
Unexpected
Passive To Active
The Start of Something
Obsessed
Can't Handle This Man
I Surrendered....
Can't Denied The Attractions
Unashamed
This Heart is Yours
I Willingly Give Myself To You
Giving You The Happiness I Owe
A Day Full Of Surprises
A Step Forward Together
My Way Of Loving You
Overflowing Warmth
Only Fools Rush In
Strike While It's Hot
Storm and Thunder
I Won't Bite
Save It
Only You
Will You?
From This Day Forward...
An Intoxicated Night
Flabbergasted
Full Circle
Wife Pursuing
Heaven and Hell
Friendship
Burning Flames
Eagerly Waiting
Nothingness

Eternal Promise

1.9K 65 27
By Roninolive

In her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars...

-Beth Revis

According to legends Kunlun was a mythical mountain believed to be a Taoist paradise.

The occupants of this mountain follows "The Tao" ways of living. The Tao (The Way) is a fundamental idea of teaching about the various disciplines for achieving "perfection" by becoming one with the unplanned rhythms of the universe.
The Way emphasizes on naturalness, simplicity, and spontaneity. In addition there are the teachings of The Three Treasure...compassion, frugality, and humility.

Not only the occupants of the mountain followed "The Way and The Three Treasures" of living. They also learned astrology according to the movements of the stars and divination according to the calendrical year, date, and time.
Once the stars, moon, year, date, time, and the order of the astrological signs aligned then one can foretell the future.

It is said when a soul of a person arrives at Kunlun Mountain and becomes one of the occupants they must go through fifty lifetimes of experiencing the seven sins and virtues. Once they achieved the highest level of understanding then their souls will be free of their physical forms and becomes enlightened.

Once they adhered to the divine law of The Way and The Three Treasures and only shown goodness through their thoughts and actions.  Their souls will then takes physical forms and they becomes immortals.

Mo Yuan stands at the scenic overlook at the summit of Kunlun Mountain. This particular standpoint has been named "Kunlun Goddess".

The name "Kunlun Goddess" originated when Emperor Mu of the Zhou Dynasty supposedly discovered at the summit of the mountain the Jade Palace of the Yellow Emperor and met Xi Wang Mu (The Spirit Mother of The West).

Therefore later this particular area is named "Kunlun Goddess" referencing the fated meeting between Emperor Mu and Xi Wang Mu.

After yesterday's rain the dry soil produces an intoxicating earthy scent mixed with a hint of bruised grass, pine and sweet smells of various florals.

There's even a faint rainbow peaking slowly through the clouds. It's as if everything before his eyes was giving its blessing to their special day.

Mo Yuan's eyes move slowly around the beautiful and peaceful panoramic views before him. Taking in the lush green summer foliage that has now begins to wither and turns into various shades of yellows and reds.
Occasionally he would see flock of birds in perfect formations flying from the North towards the warmer South.

The first time he was here he was amazed that he felt a deep connection to this place. He can't pinpoint exactly what it was but it gave him a welcoming feeling and a sense of being home.

He is here today because on this twenty second day of the tenth months, it was a rare auspicious day in the astrological calendar for marriage according to the two elders of the families...Madame Mo and Grandfather Bai.

Mo Yuan and Bai Qian doesn't have much thoughts on these superstitious cultures or traditions. They are happy to finally be together in all senses and if the auspicious day makes the elders happy then it's even better.

As Mo Yuan stood there in deep thoughts a familiar voice drifting to his ears.

"Mo Yuan, it's time."

Mo Yuan turns around when he heard the all too familiar voice. Two tall handsome men approaches him in matching suits.

Pinned on the left side pocket of their jacket is a small branch of peach blossom.

The various pink colors of the petals contrast beautifully with their dark navy suits.

"Nervous?" Juni asked.

Mo Yuan shakes his head slightly. Although there's no expression on his calm face but if you look at his eyes there's happiness and anticipation there.

"How can this lucky bastard be nervous? He gets to marry twice. I'm envious!" Zhe Yu teased Mo Yuan.

"Oh...? Someone wants to follow Mo Yuan's footsteps?"

The three men looks up and saw Zhen Zhen. His eyes turns into slits as he stares at Zhe Yu unhappily.

Zhe Yu quickly rushes over to explain himself.

"Zhen Zhen, I wouldn't dare. Besides, although Mo Yuan gets to be the groom twice but isn't it to the same woman? So even if I dare to get marry twice...it will only be you."

Zhen Zhen face becomes gentle as he looks at Zhe Yu and a smile slowly appears.

"Humph...your tongue is coated with honey!"

"Alright, lets go or else we will be late." Juni reminder made the four dashing men quickly walks back towards the designated area.

Bai Qian looks in the mirror nervously for the last time and takes a deep breath. Her eyes landed on her stomach. She raises her hand and place it on her still flat stomach. A tender smile appears on her face.

"Bai Qian, you look beautiful."

Startled Bai Qian looks up and saw her father's figure reflecting in the mirror. She slowly and hesitantly turn around.

"Father."

"Father? Not Ji Ji?"

A smile appears on Bai Qian's face. Her mind momentarily wanders back to her childhood. When she was three years old her mom told her that her father's name is Jian Bai not Daddy...Bai Qian had a hard time pronouncing his name. So, in the end she called her father Ji Ji.

Her father smile fondly at her and there's a flicker of pain and sorrows in his eyes. However that instantly changes as he takes a step forward.

"Bai Qian...if...if your mother was alive today she will be very proud of the woman that you have turned into."

He looks down at his shoes and takes a deep breath.

"Bai Qian...I'm sorry. Sorry for not being there for you...to protect you. I was so blind..." Her father's sentences was fragmented and rushed but Bai Qian understood him clearly.

Bai Qian takes a step forward and closes the distance between them.

"Dad, I understand. I know you love mom and that's all that matter."

After all because of her father deep love for her mother that he was blinded to others vicious means.

"Qian Qian, I'm very satisfied with your choice of husband. I'm not qualified to give you any advise but within the last few months...I've..."

Both were quiet and reflective as they look at each other.

"What I'm about to say to you is what I should've done but now it's too late for me...for your mother is no longer here.
Bai Qian be honest in your feelings because that's the best gift you can give to yourself, be straightforward even if the truth is painful for you or for the other person to hear, don't be afraid or timid, don't hesitate to speak what's truly on your mind and in your heart.
You can be jealous and you can disagree with him for that shows that you care.
That person deserves to know your inner thoughts for he's your husband and the person that you will spend a lifetime with.
Mo Yuan had promised me that there's only you in his heart and I feel reassured by his promised. If there's a day that he doesn't keep his promise and his heart doesn't have you anymore...don't be afraid for I'm still here."

Bai Qian's heart shakes and there's a lump in her throat by her father's heartfelt words. Tears gathered at the corners of her eyes and finally it spills over.

She nods her head...

"Look at this old man...I made my daughter cried on the happiest day of her life."

"Thank you for your sound advise. Mo Yuan and I will try our best to protect our love for each other."

Silence...

"Dad, mom will be very happy if she's here today. I know she has forgiven you."

Her dad's eyes becomes unfocus as he thinks of the past. She could see his eyes getting wet.

He blinks a couple of times and nods his head.

He raises his arm and smile at her.

"Shall we?"

She loops her arm into his...

"Ji Ji, lets go."

Juni and Zhe Yu takes their place beside Mo Yuan as they all nervously wait.

Unlike their first wedding with just the bride, groom, Madame Mo, and the officiant. This time their families and closest friends are all here.

Mo Yuan eyes scans the dozen or so people that are sitting patiently waiting for the ceremony to start. It landed on his grandmother. She's smiling happily while speaking to grandfather Bai. 

The music suddenly start and it caught everyone's attention.

Mo Yuan and Bai Qian decided that the maid of honor should be Lisi. After all if it wasn't for her insisting Bai Qian to attend the party then they wouldn't have met.

Following behind Lisi is Zhen Zhen. Although, Zhen Zhen being one of the bridesmaid is somewhat unusual but they wouldn't have it any other way.

Behind Zhen Zhen is Chou Xi. Bai Qian has always considered her as a friend instead of someone that works for her.
She values Chou Xi dedication towards her children, honesty, forwardness, and loyalty.

The intricate lace sheath dress hugs her body like second skin and falls straight to the floor below the hips.
The lace pattern on the dress is bursting with peach blossom flowers. Tiny white pearls are sewn into the center of each peach blossom flower. It enhances the delicateness of the lace and makes the flowers looks alive, captivating, and blooming.
Every step she takes the flowers moves as if it was gently swaying in the breeze.

Her eyebrows are jet black and delicate like a fine stroke of a painting. Her small high bridge nose enhances her angelic doe eyes. Her lips were full and plush...it made him think of the softness when it touches his, the passion it ignites, and the promise with every sweet kiss.

He instantly wants to feel her lips against his. His heart beats accelerates as his mind races to places that it shouldn't go at this moment.

Her heart shaped face shines with happiness.
Her smile was warm with a hint of shyness as her eyes meets his intense gaze.

He stares at her entranced...

Someone clears their throat and coughs lightly...he feels a slight kick on his leg.

"Mommy is beautiful!" Yue-Ming childlike voice rang out in the stunned silence.

"The most beautiful!" Xiao-Ming agreed readily.

Bai Qian could feel her eyes getting wet...she fights back the tears and move towards the only man in her heart.

His hand reaches for hers and their fingers intertwines tightly together. This one contact
expresses everything without words. 

"I feel privileged to be here today among all of you as an officiant to join these two together to a lifetime of love and commitment.
The most remarkable moment in life is when you meet the person who makes you feel complete. The person who makes the world a magical place.
It was requested that I keep my speech short, family friendly, and that person also politely asked me to leave out stories that are unflattering to one's image."

The officiant's eyes shift to Mo Yuan and he winks at Mo Yuan mischievously.

"So, without further ado...
Dearly beloved and honored guests. We are gathered together here to join Mo Yuan and Bai Qian in the union of marriage. This union is not to be entered into lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously.
Mo Yuan, do you take Bai Qian to be your wife? Do you promise to love, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

"I do." Mo Yuan's soft voice was full of suppressed emotions.

"Bai Qian, do you take Mo Yuan to be your husband? Do you promise to love, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

"I do." Bai Qian's clear voice rings out joyously.

"Mo Yuan and Bai Qian will now exchange rings as a simple of love and commitment to each other. These rings mark the beginning of your journey together. Your wedding ring is a circle...a symbol of love never ending. It is the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end.
Mo Yuan, please place the ring on Bai Qian left hand and repeat after me.

As a sign of my love
(As a sign of my love)

That I have chosen you
(That I have chosen you)

Above all else
(Above all else)

With this ring, I thee wed.
(With this ring, I thee wed.)

And Bai Qian, please place the ring on Mo Yuan's left hand and repeat after me.

As a sign of my love
(As a sign of my love)

That I have chosen you
(That I have chosen you)

Above all else
(Above all else)

With this ring, I thee wed.
(With this ring, I thee wed.)

It will take loyalty to go forward together. It will take commitment to hold true to the journey you have both pledged today. It will take trust to know what's in ones heart.
To make your relationship work will take love.
It is my honor and delight to declare you married. You may seal this declaration and promise with a kiss."

Mo Yuan instantly wraps his arms around her waist. He lower his head...

"You are breathtaking...I am spellbound." Mo Yuan softly whispered to her.

The tears that she has been fighting back slowly spills over unrestraint.

"You better remember today's promise. Not just this lifetime..."

He pulls her into a fiery and passionate kiss that was fill with promises...

Eight months later...

(Mo Yuan's thoughts in italic)
Qian Qian, thank you for entrusting me with your heart.
Thank you for giving me a warm home to return to.
Thank you for giving me two beautiful boys.

I'm happy to have met you. I've never wanted any form of eternity until now.

When your eyes are locked onto mine, every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs.

Every time we becomes one...it felt like the world stopped.

My love for you has no boundaries, nor length or depth...it's absolute.

I want to hold you for all eternity...

Mo Yuan listens to Bai Qian's gentle breathing.

He gaze intently at her face. He wants to imprint her image into his brain.

His hand move from her thigh to her protruding stomach. He gently rubs her stomach and the tender look that appear soften his features.

They both decided not to find out the sex of the baby and let it be a surprise.

Although Bai Qian was deeply asleep but subconsciously she feels that someone was staring intently at her.

Her eyes slowly flutters open and she stares at the man that occupies all her peripheral views. No many how many time her eyes landed on his handsome face, her heart still flutters with excitement.

Her lips curves up into a smile and she lifts her arm that was wrapped around his waist to his face. Before that hand touches his cheek she feels an intense pain.

She breathe in deeply and try to calm her nerves.

Her slight movement was detected by Mo Yuan and a look of concern furrows his brows.

"What's wrong? Is it time? Are you in pain?"

Mo Yuan is extremely nervous and full of anxiety as he looks at her face.

He can see her skin is getting more moist as beads of sweats appears.

"I think...it's time."

Mo Yuan's heart feels like it's experiencing a catastrophic failure. He stares at her in a dazed.

"Mo Yuan."

Her soft voice calling his name makes his frozen body awakens.

He jumps out of bed at lighting speed naked as the day he was born. He quickly grabs his pajamas pants and tries to put it on. In his hurriedness his leg misses the pants hole and he fell over. After the third time he successfully puts it on.

He picks up her nightgown and jumps on the bed. Once his eyes landed on the flimsy piece of clothing he toss it back down the floors.

He rushes into the bathroom and grabs her bathrobe. He lifts her upper body and slowly helps her dressed.

He lays her down and wasn't satisfy that her legs are exposed. He jumps off the bed and runs into their closet. After a few seconds he comes out with his pajamas pants and puts it on her.

Bai Qian looks at her husband helplessly as another wave of contractions hits her.

All that ruckus that he made wakes the boys up as they runs into the room.

They stares at the scenes in front of them with childlike curiosity and wonder.

"Daddy is baby sister coming out to greet us?"

"Daddy is baby brother ready to come out to play with us now?"

Mo Yuan's lips was in a tight line as he nods his head.

"Xiao Xiao be good and go get Nanny Song."

"Ming Ming do you remember what daddy taught you? Go call Great Grandmother and Great grandfather."

The two normally mischievous boys takes off at lighting speed obediently.

Mo Yuan lifts her off the bed and carries her down the stairs.

Nanny Song was already waiting for them at the bottom of the stairs with Bai Qian night bag and the car key.

Mo Yuan buckle the seatbelt around Bai Qian and looks at the boys.

"Xiao Xiao, Ming Ming, be good and stay here with Nanny Song. Uncle Juni and Aunt Chou Xi will come and pick you up later to take you to see mommy okay...?"

The two boys obediently nod their heads as they look at their mother worriedly.

Bai Qian smile at the boys while calmly inhaling and exhaling. If ones look closely her hand was gripping the door handle while beads of sweat shown on her face.

Mo Yuan presses the gas petal and zoom out of their driveway...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 905 29
What if our Dreams were far more exciting than our reality. This is a Mo Yuan and Bai Qian love story told from a completely different perspective. M...
15.9K 454 30
This story will be based off of the drama Eternal Love: Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. I love Mo Yuan and Bai Qian too much and their stories keep circ...
14.7K 578 34
Mo Yuan A woman who he never saw and a woman who let him realize that after all he could still love and care for someone aside from the world. His bo...
76.8K 1.4K 45
The second book I ever wrote. It is amateur writing so not really all that great. Still, it is what it is, though please read my more recent fics...