Will You?

Love recognizes no barriers
It jumps hurdles, leaps fences,
penetrates walls to arrive at its destination
full of hope...

-Maya Angelou

Bai Qian is confuse, so she looks at the driver expectantly...suspiciously.

"We...are here...?"

The driver looks at her in the rear view mirror and smiles. He got out of the car, leans down and opens the door for her.

"Miss, we are here. As instructed by Mr. Mo, please follow this gentleman. He will lead you to where you need to go."

Bai Qian head turns to where the driver's hand was pointing. She stares blankly at the young man in a black suit standing by the car.
The rigid looking young man smiles and slightly bow his head in greetings.

Can someone tell her what's going on? It's just a dinner date...right? What's with this secretive atmosphere that she's feeling...?

She becomes muddle headed the more she thought about it. She thoughtlessly follows the gentleman who introduced himself only as Kang.

The number shown on the digital screen inside the elevator keeps going up higher and higher. She wasn't aware that there's a restaurant inside this building. Not only that but it seems to be at the very top of the building.

"Miss...please follow me this way."

Kang's voice interrupts her chaotic thoughts.

Bai Qian steps out of the elevator into a wide hallway. She looks around the unfamiliar surrounding and hesitantly follows Kang.

The lights suddenly turn off, her footsteps halt mid stride...her heart jumps at the sudden change.

"H...hello...Kang...?"

Bai Qian raises her hand to feel her surroundings in the darkness. Then she heard the creaking sounds of the door being open as a faint light filters through the hallway. She tentatively makes her way forward.

Soft music floats to her ears. The sounds are very distinct. It's not from the radio, or from a live band, but it sounded like someone is playing an instrument.

Is it the piano...? No...

The notes are clear and crisp.

The musical notes sounded like it's coming from a zither...
This song...why does it sounds so familiar?
Is it...this song...isn't it Marry Me Today?

It is the zither...somebody is playing the song Marry Me Today on the zither...

(Song Lyrics. Instrumental music playing in the background)
Flower blossoming in spring takes away the winter's pain

A light wind blows a breath of romance

Bai Qian slowly walks forward. She looks down at the peach blossom petals pathways. Above her there's a blanket of lights that looks like stars.

There were wooden easels lined the pathways with pictures of her and some of the pictures were of them together in various poses and settings. Hanging above her on the lights wire are posters filled with words. Bai Qian stops to read one.