In love with the Enemy.

Von Thegirlwhowrites_23

(Sequel to In love with a CRIMINAL, I want to say read that book first before reading this book to understand... Mehr

*Playlist*
*Dedications*
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

14

774 33 2
Von Thegirlwhowrites_23

14:                                                                                           {}

Not everyday life is what you expected. I think the thrill of waking up every morning, is too know that you have no idea what is going to happen, so you have a bit of excitement inside you waiting, anticipating for what's going to happen.

Right now... That was me.

Staring back at me was the fire, warm and radiating its heat onto me. It was entrancing, luring me into its mocking beauty.

One touch and you jump right back. Yet you'll do it all over again.

I heard footsteps, but I didn't bother to look behind me to see who it was. I already knew.

"Have you eaten?" He asked. I stayed silent for a bit before shaking my head. "No." I whispered, Not really surprised he heard me.

"What do you want?"

Here behind me was the guy who knocked down books from a girls hands, Commented on my body and is a natural jackass from what I could tell. 

Yet he is asking me what I want to eat.

And I knew why.

I stood up from the couch, My blanket wrapped around me, trailing behind me like a tail.

His head looked up, acknowledging my presences besides him and he just watched me waiting. 

His black eyes staring at me once again blank. No emotions. It was like he was a robot, with a beating heart. The only thing it was black as coal.

"I don't want your pity."

He didn't make any indications he knew what I was talking about. So I continued.

"There's nothing wrong with me. I don't have a disease that can be contagious. I am not sick... and I have enough on my plate at the moment, so I don't want your pity. Every girl is broken somehow. Ok?"

He just stared at me. I huffed and turned to walk away, but stopped in my tracks from his voice.

"Your not broken. At least from what I could tell. You have a brother, maybe more. You have parents and people who love you."

I looked down at the floor, my back still at him. His words hitting a spot in me.

"Even if you were, I like that your broken."

My head snapped to him, a small gasp leaving my lips. His eyes dark, yet his lips in a frown. His eyes flickered to me, looking lost. "Broken like me."

~

"Boss."

Jason looked up from the files on his desk and turned to Trance who stood by the door way, with a folder in his hands.

"What's that?" Jason asked, curiously looking at the yellow paper. Trance placed it on his desk, and stepped back waiting for further instructions.

After having Alva, Jason was given the proposition of taking over the Mafia. He would still hit up Ace for help, of small problems such as money or drugs, but when it comes to Guns and bodies, Jason took all of that to his own. 

He was grateful Ace moved to New York when Alva turned 2 of age. It would expand the business and make more money. 

But he would be lying if he said he didn't miss being right hand man.

Jason opened the yellow folder, feeling something bad. When his eyes glazed over the words, He was feeling something he haven't felt in a while. Scared.

His eyes flickered to the picture attached on the side and his brows burrowed. He looked up at Trance. "Where did you get this? What does this mean?"

"We found it on the door step. By a box."

"What was in the box?"

"Nothing. That's the thing. I have men searching the territory for any signs of someone. We're going to upgrade the security and put out any alarms for any intrusions."

"Go on and report back to me if you found anything."

"Yes boss."

Jason looked down at the words again and wondered if he should call Ace and warn him...

'No.' He thought. 'Ace has enough on his hands with Alva sickness and his part of the Mafia down there. I could handle this by myself.'

But Jason knew deep down, his decision was wrong. If the positions were reversed he would of been over the top angry with Ace if he hadn't told him something so important that could reflect on his families safety. 

His eyes looked down at the paper again and his hands covered his mouth. He heard a knock and His wife Came in. Pressing her hands over her stomach she smiled sweetly at Her husband, But stopped when she saw his facial expression.

"Honey what's wrong?"

Jason looked up at Zara and gave her a small smile.

"Sit down hun. I think we need to have a talk."

~

12 years ago: Night of the Gala.

Octavius Pov:

"Mom I don't want to go." I whispered, Her hands squeezing my shoulders tightly. I could see the Way her eyes kept looking to the side, her body stiff and her smile forced, her eyes full of fear.

I touched her cheek and she leaned in, kissing it. "Baby, it would be all over. I promise. Mommy will keep you safe ok?" She kissed my cheeks and smiled. "Do you want mommy to sing you why she loves you?"

I nodded, though I felt a little too old for this type of stuff. But if it made her happy then i'll allow it.

"Mommy loves you, this you know." She started, her voice not perfect but soft and beautiful to my ears. "For she always tells you so. I hold you when your scared or sad. I understand you when your mad." She touched my nose and I laughed lightly. "Yes, Mommy loves you. Yes Mommy loves you. Yes mommy loves you, I always tell you so."

She stood up and took my hands. "I love you my baby boy. I'll keep you safe."

~

My mother told me to go and look for something to eat. I could see her fear in her eyes when The man I have to call father held onto her waist. 

I nodded and walked through the crowds, heading to the food section. 

That's when I saw her.

She was standing on her toes, her lips in a deep frown, her arms stretched out to get a cupcake. I smiled and walked over to her.

I picked up one and handed it to her.

"Here."

She looked up at me after she took the cupcake and smiled. I felt my heart do something funny and I touched my chest. She started stuffing her face, crumbs flying everywhere and falling on the floor.

"Whank Wou." She said through a full mouth. I shook my head, amused. Mommy always say's a lady must eat like a lady. This girl eats differently from a lady.

Her big green eyes stared up at me, her black hair in little curls. She was wearing a Dark blue dress with shimmering gems on it. She looked like a princess.

I almost smiled but held it back, worried I might scare her away. Father says, I smile ugly and I scare people away.

I sticked my hands in my pocket and shrugged. "No problem."

She started looking back at the table, her tiny brows squishing together. "More?" She asked lightly. Before I could answer she looked back at me.

"What's your eye color?"

I sighed. Do I look funny to her? I hope I don't scare her away. 

Reluctant on answering her, I just decided to tell her the truth.

 "Silver. I have a eye condition. Its called, Silver Eye is a defect in the eye of American Girl dolls where the inner eye decal begins to detach from the eye. The eye begins to take on a silver look from the detachment. This generally happens with specific eye types, primarily the "pinwheel" decaled eyes."

I stated everything Mom told me when I asked her why my eyes look different from hers.

'Your always special. Don't hide what the man above destined you to have.' She told me one day.

The girl looked at me funny and I started feeling uncomfortable. "What?" I asked. I wanted to yell at her and say i'm different so what. But I stopped when I saw her looked down, shaking a bit.

"N-nothing." She mumbled, looking around. No!

I looked around and remembered the place I found. ""I want to show you something. Is that ok?"

She looked at me and nodded. Yes!

"Follow me." I put my hands out so she could take it. She stared at it and i was about to pull it away, when she placed her hands in mines.

I turned and pulled her through out the crowd, heading to the double doors and around the corner up the Rocky stair well. The air was cold and I could feel the warmth from her little hands. She was small compared to me, but her hands were soft, I squeezed tighter loving the feeling.

Once we were at the top I headed to the outside. I looked down at the little girl and she was breathing heavy.

Is she ok?

She looked up at me. "How old are you?" She blurted out. I laughed quietly. "10. You?"

She smiled. "This many!" She held up her fingers and I counted 7. "7" She said.

I did the math in my head, knowing mommy would be proud. "I'm 3 years older than you then." He said. She nodded. "I guess." She said. 

I snickered.

I took her hand and walked through the other open door. 

"I wanted to show you this." I pointed into the sky. I loved the way the Stars shined so bright, the Moon so big and round. It was really a cool view. I wished I could stay here forever.

"Beautiful Isn't it?" I asked after seeing her stretch out her hands as if trying to catch one.

"Pretty. Very pretty." She murmured. I looked at her as she smiled. "I want to become a star one day. Shine bright and twinkle, so the whole world could see." She whispered. "My brothers say I dream too much, but my mommy says I could be anything I want to be."

I frowned. She has brothers? She must have a big family... while I have none expect my mom.

"I agree with your mommy." I responded. Maybe one day My mom and her mom could meet. Then I could see this little thing more.

I saw her eyes twinkling as she stared out into the sky. A bright smile on her face. I felt something inside go off and I walked to her and tucked a piece of her midnight hair behind those tiny ears.

"You are a star." I said, her eyes looking up into mines. I looked at her chubby pink cheeks and leaned in to kiss it. Her skin was so soft. "My little star."

I would officially start calling her that. She looked like one too. So bright and small, Her eyes twinkling and her hair dark as the sky at night. She is a perfect star. And she is mines.

When I saw her not doing anything, I coughed. I cleared my throat and smiled at her lightly. "Sorry" I murmured. 

The sounds of Gunshots and screams was what happened to come next. My head snapped to the doorway and I felt my insides go cold. Mom.

"My parents." The little girl screamed. I started panicking. What do I do? Save mom or bring this little girl to her parents? I groaned and looked at her. She was on the verge of crying, her body shaking with fear. I couldn't leave her here. That would be selfish and mom wouldn't like me If I did that.

"Follow me. I know a short cut." I grabbed her little hands, loving the warmth and pulled her through the doors. 

I went the opposite directions and saw the little door I recognized. I opened it and I nodded in approval after seeing the tunnel. I looked at My little star and nodded. Urging her to go in.

She crawled on her knees and went inside. 

"Just keep going and you'll be outside. Find your family." I said. She stopped and looked back at me before I could close the door. Her eyes wide. Those green apple eyes. 

"Aren't you coming with me? I don't want to leave you!" She yelled, her body shaking. Another shot came and I saw her flinch. I looked behind me thinking I heard something and turned back to her. Her lips were quivering and I wanted them to stop doing that, so I leaned in. "It was nice meeting you My little star. I hope to see you one day." I whispered before pressing my lips on hers. I felt her lips slowly stop quivering but as soon as I pulled away it started back.

Before I could kiss her again, I closed the door and another shot rang through the halls echoing. I heard a muffled scream and looked at the close door.

"Silver eyes!" She yelled. I touched the close door and lingered for a bit.

"Remember me My little star." I whispered, before running down the hall and into the last place I saw my mom.

"Mom!" I screamed looking everywhere. "MOMMY!"

There was smoke coming from somewhere and I followed it, hoping my mom wasn't in there.

"Mommy!" I yelled, my tears rolling down my cheeks as I saw fire eating everything that came in its way.

I didn't want to be apart of that so I ran and looked everywhere. "Mommy!"

People were running out the door but I didn't see my mommy. I'm not leaving until I find her.

"Mommy!"

I started coughing, the smell of the smoke making my nose feel funny. I coughed again, my eyes burning. "M-mommy."

I kept calling her over and over, looking everywhere. The tables were flipped over and the chairs across the room. The place I met My little star was burnt and the cupcakes were trashed on the floor.

I looked at the close door and wondered if she gotten to her Family safely.

The smoke was getting to overwhelming and I started coughing more, finding it hard to breathe.

"Mommy."

I sat on the floor and cried, hoping she could hear me and come running.

"Where are you?" I wiped my eyes sniffing. "Why did you leave me! Mommy!"

I coughed, feeling my eye lids get heavy. I laid down on the trashed floor seeing the fire coming closer and closer to me.

I wheezed. "M-m-mommmmmmmmmm"

I let my eyes closed no matter how much times I resisted. 

Find me...

Before I fully went to sleep, feeling all the energy leave me, I felt arms wrap around me and I was lifted off the floor.

"Stay awake kid." 

 Was the last thing I heard before falling asleep.

My little star.

*-*A Million Feelings. One thousand Thoughts. One hundred memories. One person. *-*

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.6M 38.4K 39
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "Adriana Valentin" - Her family was the most dangerous family in all of New York. Her father, Alejandro Valentín, being the most vi...
11.9K 209 16
*A sequel of The Secret Mafia Princess.* Before reading this story, read the first story or else this story might be a little confusing, starting fro...
378K 9.1K 65
Evelyn already lost her mother; how could it get any worse? At least that's what she thought. She's forced to move in with her estranged father where...
6.4M 169K 45
It was one night. No names no feelings. But nothing is that simple when the impossibly hot stranger Ava encounters is heir to the Caponelli mafia...