Roommates (REWRITING)

By XthatONEchicX

CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF BEING REWRITTEN! More

ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 1 | Not A Random Hookup
Chapter 2 | Stuck With Me
Chapter 3 | Cockblocking
Chapter 4 | Job Application
Chapter 5 | Caring
Chapter 7 | Meeting His Parents
Chapter 8 | When Depression Hits
Chapter 9 | Lightweight
Chapter 10 | Hangover
Chapter 11 | One Hand
Chapter 12 | Tease
Chapter 13 | No Number
Chapter 14 | Ten Minutes
Chapter 15 | Locked Out
Chapter 16 | Gentleman
Chapter 17 | One Bed
Chapter 18 | Cold Shower
Chapter 19 | Canned Soup
Chapter 20 | Overthinking
Chapter 21 | Party
Chapter 22 | Near Kiss
Chapter 23 | Drunk Nicole
Chapter 24 | Wrong Pills
Chapter 25 | Regrets
Chapter 26 | Avoiding Him
Chapter 27 | Warming Each Other Up
Chapter 28 | No Excuses
Chapter 29 | Opposite Of A Strip Tease
Chapter 30 | Matching Costumes
Chapter 31 | Halloween Party Part 1
Chapter 32 | Halloween Party Part 2
Chapter 33 | Realizations
Chapter 34 | Followed Inside
Chapter 35 | Blame Blake

Chapter 6 | Annoyed

3.5M 91.1K 27K
By XthatONEchicX

Blake

Nicole was annoyed by me. That much was obvious by the way she kept looking over at me just to glare at me.

And I didn't care. I found it kinda cute actually.

Just figured it'd be safer if I worked her shift to make sure she didn't make irrational decisions just 'cause she was tired. She'd be going back to campus with me. In her own car, 'cause she still hated me.

Twenty minutes into our shift, she had glared at me over thirty times already. Something told me the number would go up a lot higher by the end of the night.

And I was right. By the time she sat down on a chair to change out of her heels, she had probably glared at me around a hundred times. Didn't bother me as long as I knew she was safe.

I've heard of people losing their roommates to unspeakable things, and I wouldn't want to go through the same. Although she hated being with me, I'd do everything I could to make sure she always made it back into the room she hated safely.

"You can go to your own car and leave me alone now." Her cold tone matched the weather as we walked out of the building and I looked around as I shoved my hands into my pockets. "I'm serious," she added when I made no effort to walk away from her.

Funny thing was, I had parked right next to her car when I arrived a bit after her. Her car was hard to miss. It was a pretty beat up old Nissan, looked like it got passed down through generation. Thing still ran pretty well for its age. A well maintained car will take you miles without fail. I admired that she didn't care about the looks she received every time she drove it.

"Blake," she stopped walking to look back at me. I nodded to let her know I was listening. "You can leave now. Seriously."

"My car is parked next to yours, sweet cheeks."

"Oh."

"Yeah, now shut your pretty mouth and keep walking."

Yet another glare was directed at me before she spun around to keep walking to her car, her heels hanging in her hand and her purse flung over her shoulder. The dress did her justice in all the right places, so I took my chance at having a good look as she stomped away.

"For the record," she stopped outside her car and looked at me over the hood. "I only did what you said cause I wanna get home already, not cause I listen to what people like you tell me what to do."

I shrugged as I unlocked my own car. "Whatever makes you feel better, doll face."

"You're never gonna stop with the annoying nicknames, are you?"

An irritated groan left her when I simply winked in her direction as my answer. Why would I stop when I loved her reaction every single time?

"You're the most infuriating person I've ever met, and trust me, that's saying a lot." Wanting the last word, she got into her car and slammed the door shut. I was surprised it didn't fall off from how hard she shut it. It also sounded like it struggled more than a little when she turned the key in the ignition.

"See you back at campus, sugar plum."

Rolling down her window just enough for me to hear her, she pointed a finger to the back of her throat and feigned a gag. "That's the worst one. Quit saying that one, at least."

"That just makes me wanna say it even more."

That got me the middle finger. "Go fuck yourself."

"Why would I when I can just fuck you?"

Her cheeks flushed and I chuckled. "In your dreams, weirdo."

"How'd you know about my dreams?"

"Lucky guess," she deadpanned before shifting her car to drive and backing out before I could say anything else.

• • •

"You're gonna follow me around on campus now too?" Came Nicole's usual irritated tone and I lifted a brow.

"I just happened to walk out of our room at the same time, sweet cheeks." I shut the door behind us and walked beside her just to annoy her further. "Now you just assume everything is for you, huh? Tell me; do you want me around 24/7?"

She scoffed and the way her nose wrinkled made me smile. "Hell no. Stay away from me 24/7 instead."

"Kinda hard when we sleep together."

She panicked and looked around to see if anyone heard me. "Don't say shit like that. It seems weird."

I couldn't help but smirk. She was damn cute when she was flustered. "I mean It's true. We do sleep together."

"We just sleep in the same room!" Her voice was a whisper-shout and she still kept looking around. "You make it seem like we sleep sleep together."

"I wish we would."

"Shut up!"

Quick, heavy footsteps came up to us from behind and I looked over my shoulder to watch my sis running towards us with Justus not far behind. For someone who was the fastest runner in high school, he looked like he hadn't ran in years. Then again, he was carrying several bags. Bags I could only guess were Patricia's.

"Nicole!"

With the sound of her name, she stopped walking and turned around to smile at my sister. "Hey, Patricia."

Without warning, Patricia engulfed her in a hug, catching Nicole off guard. She looked at me with fear and confusion in her eyes and I chuckled before walking towards Justus to help him with some of the bags.

He blew out a heavy breath. "Thanks, man."

"Why do you always offer to carry all the bags if you can't handle it yourself?"

He glared at me. "I can."

Wanting to be a dick for no reason, I dropped the bags he handed to me back on his arms just to mess with him. The grunt he let out told me exactly what I knew. He really couldn't handle them all by himself.

"Stubborn mother fucker." I smacked him upside the head before taking the bags back.

"Come with us!" Patricia demanded in a tone that was too excited. Even for her.

"Go with you where?" Nicole asked hesitantly. "Actually, either way I can't."

"Aww, why not, beautiful?"

The compliment coming from my sister caught her off guard. I could tell by the way her jaw dropped slightly and she stared at my sister in awe. As if a goddess herself just offered her the compliment. And I couldn't really blame her. I had to be the protective brother my whole life because she was blessed in the beauty department.

Sometimes I wished I had an ugly sister instead. Having a pretty one was a pain.

And looking over at Justus proved my point farther. I smacked him again when I caught him staring at my sis.

"Don't even think about it, asshole."

"I can't even look at her? Fuck off."

"No, you can't." We caught up to the girls walking out of the building. "Gauge out your eyes before I do it for you."

"Find me a serrated spoon then."

"Nah, do it with a plastic one."

"What the fuck are you guys on?" Patricia joined our conversation as both girls gave us horrified looks.

Taking my opportunity whenever I could, I found a way to make it flirty. "Unfortunately I'm not on anything, but I would like to be on top of Nicole." It succeeded in making her blush once again, even though she tried to hide it by looking forward again.

"You're disgusting." That came from Patricia, but Nicole nodded in agreement, still looking away. "Anyway, why can't you come with us, babe?"

"I gotta run a few errands, but thank you for the invite. Maybe next time?"

Patricia nodded and smiled as she gave her another hug. "Okay, I understand. Next time then!"

Nicole turned around and went around me to hug Justus goodbye and completely ignored me as she walked in the direction of her car.

"What'd you do to her now?"

I turned to hale at my sister. "Why the fuck do you always assume I did something?"

"Because I've known you our whole life."

"That's fair." Justus laughed. "Even I'm curious what you did, and I've only known you for five years."

I rolled my eyes as we kept walking to wherever the hell we were going. It seemed like we were basically just following her wherever she wanted. Basically what we've always done every time we went out. She was always in charge no matter what.

"So..." I started, rummaging through one of her bags. "What are we doing and where exactly?"

"Don't ask questions and just walk."

"Geez, I was just asking." I grumbled. "You don't have to be a dick about it."

"You can ask questions when you answer mine first."

Well, she got me there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 599 21
" We've been best friends for a long time. I don't want a stupid crush to get in the way of that.." she says " I've loved you for a long time. I won'...
580 7 51
S.M ; the scribbles along margins are not to be repeated
21.1K 210 16
He soon To Be Alfa She new in Town Will he give up his player life for her will she be able to forgive and move on?? MATES https://youtu.be/ZtsLYPh...
345 3 36
"Stop making me feel like I'm going crazy for loving you."