•°From Peer to Professor°• Se...

By EmmaSalamar

(Y/N) had been friends with Severus for about 4 years when he graduated from Hogwarts. She continued her stud... More

Introduction
Prologue
Year 7
Severus?
A New Severus
Quidditch Tryouts
Tension and Detention
Quidditch Complications
1am Talk
Assignment
Champions
First Task
Dancing with Dilemmas
Yule Ball
Living Quarters
Morning
Going Home
Diagon Alley
Christmas Day
Return to Hogwarts
Second Task
Misunderstandings
Shocking Revelations
Upcoming Birthday
Surprise
Curiosity
Trickery
Memories
Graduation
New Arrangements
Apparition
Jealousy
Unforgivable
Loss
Truth Be Told
Pleasant Evening
New Term New Teachers
Unexpected
Professor
Remember
Reunion
Christmas Eve
Subsequence
Pendant
Are You Really?
Name After Name
Essentials
Elora
Nurture
-Digital Art of Severus-
History Repeats Itself
Return
Where Once We Met
All Planned Out
Inevitability
Decisions, Decisions
100,000
Many Tasks At Hand
Assurance
Prophecy
Elora Art
Falling In Love With You
Epilogue
Sequel is Out!!!
New Snape x Reader book

Third Task

5.7K 266 97
By EmmaSalamar

~Severus' Chambers - December 31st - Tuesday Morning~

Severus' POV:

I woke up in a terrible state. Last night had completely shattered me. I was in no mood to attend the final task, but decided against staying inside my Chambers the entire day. I did decide to stay in my Chambers until the final task began in order to avoid any contact with (Y/N). Oh how I dreaded saying or even thinking that name at the moment..

~Enchanted Maze - Tuesday Night~

I had taken my seat a little while before the event began and passed the time by glaring daggers at (Y/N)'s back. I can't believe I ever thought I could love or be loved by another ever again. I was interrupted from my glaring session by a familiar boy that I recognized to be the one who (Y/N) had kissed in the the corridors yesterday.

"How bold you must be to engage in conversation with me at the present time.." I seethed at the boy.

"Please Professor. I don't wish to bother you more. I just wanted to hand you this." The boy told me as he handed me a neatly folded bit of parchment.

I took it from him abruptly and read the first line. As I was about to disintegrated the paper with my wand, the boy stopped me.

"No! Please don't! Just read it. I assure you it's worth being read." He frantically told me.

I groaned and read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus,

I can't tell you how sorry I am about what happened yesterday. You have every right to be upset with me. But I'd like to tell you why I did what I did. Lucas kissing me was merely a way to get Tyler's friends to not believe him when he told them he saw me kissing you. I felt terrible the second it happened and knew I had made a mistake. I felt as though I had wronged you. Which I definitely did. In the case that I don't survive this final task, I want to have a clear conscience and know that you forgive me. If you forgive me, 10 seconds before the task begins I will look towards you. You can glare or look away if you still hold a grudge towards me, which is completely understandable. Or.. You can smile. A loving smile. Once again I can not tell you how sorry I am and how much I truly love you.

~(Y/N)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I turned pale once I had finished reading the letter. The boy who had brought me the letter had already disappeared, but that didn't matter to me. How could I have been so foolish!? (Y/N) would not have done something like this to me with intent. I felt terrible for yelling at her.

I remembered how I shoved her against a wall and yelled at her. My heart ached from the memory. A couple seconds later, the countdown for the beginning of the final task began. I folded the letter and tucked it in my robe pocket before looking up.

"20 seconds!"

I looked down towards the entrance of the maze where (Y/N) stood. I waited for her to turn and look at me so that I could give her the most loving smile I could muster.

"15..14..13..12..11..10!"

At 10 (Y/N) looked at me. Once she saw my face, her expression turned from a depressed frown, into a cheerful smile. Once the final task began, (Y/N) focused on navigating the maze. I could only hope that she emerges safely from the maze..

Your POV:

10 Seconds before the final task began, I turned to Severus. I was expecting a scowl or glare, but to my surprise, he gave me that loving smile I always longed for. I suddenly had immense amounts of energy flowing through me. I turned back to the maze as soon as the countdown hit 0.

Inside the maze, it was much darker and colder. It made me feel despair and it frightened me. I thought back to Severus' rare smile and smiled myself. I can't die here, I have to make it out. I will make it out. I walked down a couple paths and turned left and right I don't know how many times. A couple times the maze almost closed on me, so I had to run. When I thought I could see the glow of the Tri-Wizard Cup in the sky nearby, I heard a blood-curdling scream. I turned to see the Beauxbatons Champion on the floor, about to be pulled under a hedge by vines. I rushed over and cut the vines with a spell,

"Diffindo!"

The vines retracted as soon as I cut 3 of them. The scatter-brained girl got up and hugged me for dear life.

"Merci (Y/N)! Thank you so much!" She cried a little.

"There was no way I would let someone go through something like that." I replied.

We backed away from each other and ran in the direction that we thought the Tri-Wizard Cup was in. As we approached the last turn, the light became brighter. There it was, the Tri-Wizard Cup!

"Both of us. Let's grab it at the same time." I told her.

She nodded and walked up to it with me.

"3..2.. Ah!" I saw the girl get flung away from the Cup and into a hedge.

She was being dragged under by the same vines from earlier. She panicked even more this time.

"You! Whoa! What happened to you!?" I stumbled back once I saw the possessed looking Durmstrang boy.

He had completely white eyes. As though he were blind. I tested my theory by picking up a rock and throwing it away from me. He stopped before me and turned in the direction of the rock. I knew it. I did the same thing again and prepared to cast a spell. He ran in the direction of where I had thrown the rock. At the same time I cast my spell,

"Expelliarmus!"

His wand flew out of his hand as he stared at me. Knowing I was there. He searched for his wand whilst I ran over to the girl. I didn't make it in time though, because the Durmstrang boy shot a spell at me, causing a huge gash to form on my arm. I screamed from the pain and fell to my knees. I needed to put pressure on it. I cast the spell Ferula in order to wrap my arm in a bandage.

It helped for now, but I had bigger things to worry about. I turned to see the bewitched boy point his wand at me and utter a spell before I could reach for my wand. I heard the Beauxbatons girl next to me say,

"Expelliarmus!"

I reached for my wand to try and save her, but it was too late, she was already gone. Damn it! I turned back to the Durmstrang boy and ran past him towards the Cup for the second time. As I grabbed it, one final spell was cast in my direction before I was apparated back to the beginning. I felt pain all over my body. As soon as I was back at the beginning I wasn't able to scream for help at all. I soon realized what had been used against me. Sectumsempra. People were cheering for me, but as soon as they noticed the blood gushing from my body they screamed. Multiple people rushed over to me, not knowing how to help.

"Let me through! I know how to save her!" I hear the all too familiar voice of Severus Snape.

He dropped to his knees in front of me and began uttering the counter curse.

"Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur." He repeated the counter curse over and over again until the gashes in my body closed completely.

Even the smaller cut on my arm was gone. I sat up and faced the people that were surrounding me and smiled.

"I lived!" I laughed, causing people to begin cheering again.

I got up and held the Tri-Wizard Cup up in the air. People cheered louder, causing me to smile wider.

Severus' POV:

I looked up as soon as people began cheering, hoping to see (Y/N) at the front of the maze. Although she was there, she was on the floor. I looked closer and realized she was loosing blood, and in large quantities. A look of horror spread across my face as people around me began screaming. I ran out of the raised stands and down towards the field where multiple Professors were standing.

"Let me through! I know how to save her!" I yell as I forced my way through the group of Professors.

I fell to my knees and immediately began reciting the counter curse.

"Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur." I repeated it until her wounds closed up.

Once all her wounds disappeared, (Y/N) sat up and faced the people that were surrounding her and smiled.

"I lived!" She laughed, causing people to begin cheering again.

She stood up and held the Tri-Wizard Cup up in the air. People cheered louder, causing her to smile wider. After all that had happened, she was still able to smile. Truly fascinating.

Your POV:

I turned to see the other two Champions standing next to their Headmaster and Headmistress. They were both completely normal now. I walked over to them as people continued cheering and spoke,

"Thank you Annette. Without you I would most likely have died back there." I smiled at her.

She smiled back at me.

The Durmstrang boy, who I remembered to be Andrey, apologized for cutting me so badly. I accepted his apology but then asked him,

"How did you know that spell? I've only ever seen it in my Advanced Potion Making book. Who taught it to you?" I was glared at by his Headmaster.

"He will answer no such question." The man said with a raspy voice.

"Ok then.." I said as I backed away.

After a little bit, everyone was heading back to Hogwarts. Lucas had attacked me with hugs once he caught up to me.

"I knew you'd win (Y/N)! Nothing can stop you! Not even that horrid spell!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Thanks Lucas. And thanks for getting that letter to Professor Snape before the task began. It really boosted my confidence during the whole thing." I thanked him.

"No problem! Anything for my best friend! He said as he slung his arm around my neck. Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 206 19
She has a secret that her kind have been hinding for thousands of years from the muggle world and the magic world but like all secrets hers comes to...
194K 3.7K 64
This is a Snape x Reader story. Y/N L/N is a 16 year old girl who was in last two years at Hogwarts. She has liked Professor Snape since she first me...
354K 8.8K 25
harry is now in his 5th year at Hogwarts, he has always thought that the potions Master was attractive this year Harry was more obsessed with him Wh...
2.4K 70 27
Severus Snape has returned to Magical Britain a changed man after a long absence. He resumes his old position at Hogwarts, only to discover that he i...