The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 8

4.5K 161 15
By BitchyCookies

Karter

I looked up at the sky, putting my hand over my eyes to block the bright rays coming from the sun. I could feel the sharp and wet grass under my other hand. I looked around and found myself in nowhere. All I could see was land with bright glossy green grass.

Sensing someone behind my back and I turned my head and saw my beautiful mate in his glory. He was shining brightly as his love-filled eyes connected to mine. Ivan walked in front of me and kelt on his knees, his hand extended forward to push back the hair on my forehead. He pressed a kiss there and then on my whole face. 

He pecked my lips and caressed my cheek while his other hand pushed me back, so I was lying on the ground. My mate's hand went to brush on my inner thigh, and I sigh of content left my mouth. He continued to kiss my neck as his hand never stopped rubbing my leg. I closed my eyes and decided to enjoy his careful touches on my skin.

"Ivan." I moaned as he gently breathed on my skin.

"Karter." He whispered in my ear, resulting in a shiver to run down my spine. "Wake up, love." Wake up? But I'm not sleeping. I just had my eyes closed...

Suddenly bright light glared at me, and I blinked my eyes to get used to it.

"I made you breakfast, sleepyhead." My mate's voice boomed in my ear, and then I realized I was dreaming. It made me blush furiously after I was able to grasp that what was happening in my dream is taking place in real. I abruptly sat up and struggled to cover my whole lower body with the massive shirt of my gorgeous mate.

Ivan was glowing like in my dream, and it was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. My eyes shyly met his, and I saw them filled with mischievousness.

"W-what?" I managed to say, and he smirked at me.

"I was waking you up." He playfully said and started walking towards the other side of the room. There was breakfast on the table on the other side of the room. Is someone joining us for breakfast, and who the heck made it?

"You made all of this?" I asked in amusement. I could see rice porridge, fruits, waffles, eggs, and bacon.

"Nope, Sophia, my housekeeper helped me." He ran his fingers in my hair and slowly massaged my scalp. I closed my head and thought If I were in my wolf form, I would've purr so embarrassingly loud. "You don't like it?" I heard my mate's voice, laced in nervousness.

"Of course, I do! But you didn't have to make this much."

"Bullshit. Of course, I had to." My mate sat down and prepared his plate, so I started to do the same since I'm STARVING! I think my feelings matched my action because Ivan told me to slow down, which cause me to blush and mutter a 'sorry.'

I shyly asked my Alpha if we can join my parents for lunch because my mum is going to kill me if I don't formally introduce Ivan to them.

"Of course, babe, why not? Did you tell them who's your mate?" He asked, putting down his food and giving me all of his attention. His question resulted in panic to bubble in me. I didn't tell my parents because I wanted to see their faces when they know who mate is. But maybe Ivan intends to tell them so they can prepare for the arrival of the Alpha of the pack.

"No... I wanted to surprise them. Is that okay?" I cautiously asked, afraid that I'll somehow displease my mate. He furrowed his eyebrow as his face covered with....concern?

"It's totally fine." His words left me in relief, so I began eating again.

-------

We finished eating, so I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and came back to take my clothes from yesterday. No matter how much I love wearing Ivan's clothes, feeling content, and protected because of his scent surrounding me, I'll, unfortunately, have to take them off.

"Can I take a shower?" I asked Ivan with my clothes pressed to my chest.

"Of course, you can. Like I told you before, this mansion is yours as much as it's mine." His words made my heart flutter and left me feeling tingling. His hands reached my head and ruffled my curls, and when he retreated, a hollow feeling embraced me. "You don't have to wear your clothes from yesterday, I'll give you some of mine," He said when his eyes glanced at my clothes.

"N-no, it's fine. I can change when we get there." I told him and hurried my way to the bathroom. I can't wait to bring him to my house and see my parent's reaction when they witness who my mate is. I'm not sure if he'll like being there since it's nothing like his mansion. My house is small but cozy. I hope he doesn't mind spending a few hours there. I sighed and decided to think about this matter later.

My eyes ran around the bathroom, and a small gasp escaped my lips. It is huge! It was squeaky clean and sparkling under the shining light.

I placed my clothes on the counter and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I scan myself from head to toe. My hairs are ruffled and messy, my face is blotched and my eyes are a little red because they get a little dry at night. All I'm wearing is an over-size shirt that Ivan gave me and I have to say it's too big. My shoulder is exposed and it reaches to my knees. I don't look good when I wake up and I felt a bit self-conscious about that. I sighed and turned to undress when I remembered I don't have a toothbrush here. I ran back to the room hoping Ivan would be there.

"I don't know wh-" I started but what I saw was enough for me to burst from embarrassment. Beta Alexander was sitting with Ivan and they seemed like they were talking about pack business.

"I-I'm so s-orry to in-teruppt." I said and ran back to the bathroom. I should have checked before bursting in the room. I hope Alpha isn't angry at me, it was an honest mistake. I start to panic because all I could think of were scenarios of him getting mad at me about it. I gripped the counter and began breathing heavily. But before I could hyperventilate, I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I say, hoping my voice sounded stable.

"You okay in there?" he asked and I thanked the Goddess he didn't seem to be mad.

"Yeah... I wanted a spare toothbrush." I shyly said.

"There is one in the top cupboard. Do you want me to come and find it for you?" I looked towards the cupboard curiously and then I understood the second half of his sentence. I blushed and stuttered. He is so straightforward about everything.

"N-No! I-I mean I-I'll find it b-by myself." I said before he could welcome himself. My heart was thumping so loud I bet he could hear it from where he is standing.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to take my shower in one of the guest rooms. Think you'll be okay?" He said and I felt a weird thump in my chest. I didn't want to be clingy but I wanted him to remain close to me, as close he could get while I showered.

"Okay," I whispered.

'Tell him to stay Karter, he is our mate, he'll listen to you', Percy whined. 'I can't do that Percy, we have to give him space and not overwhelm him by our presence', I said hoping he would understand.

'I don't think he'll appreciate you thinking like that', He mumbled and went away.

I tried not to think about it anymore. I showered as fast I could so I can see him again. I felt shy thinking about it and smiled to myself. I dried myself and went to wear the clothes from yesterday. After putting on my clothes, I was drying my hair when heard Ivan come to the room. He stood there and stared at me. Curiously I looked up and suddenly my whole body was on fire by the way his eyes took in every curve. I instantly looked away because that perverted Percy was sending lewd pictures of Ivan in my head. That ugly wolf was grinning like a schoolgirl.

"You ready to go, babe?" He suddenly asked and I noticed his voice was deeper than before. He walked towards me and Goddess why is he looking at me like that. I forgot to answer him and he raised his perfect brow at me waiting. My breaths became shorter and shorter because of his aura.

"Ye-yeah, I'm r-ready to go", By the time I answered him, I was panting. He came towards me and wrapped his arms around my figure. I sighed because of how good and comfortable it felt to be in his embrace. I tiptoed and coiled my arms around his neck and squeezed conveying how much I enjoyed it.

"Karter? Is it okay if I invite my parents to lunch? They'll love to finally meet you." I heard him say and my whole body tensed. His parents mean the previous Alpha and Luna in my small house. I don't know what to say. Will they...

"They'll be fine eating with my family?" I asked him to confirm that he meant what he said.

"Of course, why wouldn't they?" he said while looking at me. I blushed and worried about what to say.

"I-its that... my family is not much and we don't have a big house.." I said and my heart dropped when he sighed while shaking his head. I disappointed him....

"You would really think they'll mind something like this?" I felt like screaming when he tore himself from my body. "Remember my parents were the Alpha and luna of this pack. They love spending time with their people so they'll be more than fine about eating with them." I instantly forced my gaze to the floor, the submissive me taking over my whole body. I started fiddling my fingers as tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to fall any second.

'KARTER YOU IDIOT! How can you say something like that to him? Now he hates us! Have you lost-'

"I-I'm so sorry, Alpha. Please forgive m-" A hiccup cut off my words as I desperately tried to earn forgiveness. Tears ran down my flushed cheeks and I bit my lower lip to stop myself from wailing loudly.

All I can remember is that he took me back in his embrace and mumbled praises in my ear.

"No need to cry, love." Ivan whispered and then I was being carried to the sitting area in the room. My mate set me on his lap as he said on one of the couches. His big warm hands rubbed my small back while the other hand gripped my neck and tucked my face against his collarbone.

"I'm s-sorry." I hiccuped and heard him hush me. Ivan cuddled me and assured me like he was talking to a kid. I pulled back and looked at his concerned face. "I'm sorry, I was being stupid." I must be looking like a mess right now, how embarrassing.

"It's okay, Kar. Let's forget about it. Yeah?" Ivan brought his hands up to my face and wiped the tears which were spilling from my red eyes. "How are you feeling?" His voice was soft and gentle and so warm.

"Like a bad Omega." I managed to say without stuttering. My eyes burned as I recalled how stupid I'm to say something like that about the former Alpha and Luna. The Moon Goddess should punish me severely because of it.

"None of that." Ivan's demanding voice thundered in my ears. "Go to the bathroom and wash your face. If your parents saw you like this, they'll probably kill me." His voice came softer and worried this time. Ivan planted a peck on my pouty lips and urged me to go.

I trudged towards the bathroom and nervously looked back at Ivan. He was looking at me encouragingly and gestured for me to move on. I obediently stepped inside and moved my gaze to the mirror. I want to scream...

My eyes are swollen, red, and glossy. My wet hair is ruffled and looking the worse it has ever looked. My cheeks are red and wet. 

'You should have thought about it before crying a river, you idiot.' Percy's voice didn't make me feel any better. I quickly splashed cold water on my face and repeated it a few times. Then I dried my face with a towel and looked back at my reflection. It didn't help much but maybe it will be better until we get there.

I feel embarrassed. My newly founded mate saw me in this state.

I walked into the room to see Ivan sitting in the same position, thinking really hard about something.

'Is he thinking about leaving us? Because he can't handle us?' Percy said, making my head spin because of the stress.

'Shut the fuck up, Percy.' I hissed at him. 'He's not going to leave us. Have some faith in us' I sighed and started to walk towards my mate, who still wasn't aware of my presence.

"Let's go?" I shyly said watched him abruptly look at me. Ivan gave me a small smile before nodding and standing from the couch. He walked in my direction with a smile still on his face. My mate extended his hand towards me to hold and my body automatically did as he wished.

We walked down the stairs and met with a grinning Alex who was standing with his legs crossed and his body was sporting by the end of the stairs. Beta Alex was wearing rugged jeans with a white plain shirt.

"Your servant will be your driver for the day." Beta Alex dramatically bowed down in from of us, which made Ivan fondly shake his head at him.

"You are my driver every day." Ivan simply said and walked right to the door with his hand still clasped with mine.

"Wait for me!" I heard Beta Alexander say from behind us but Ivan didn't turn around. Beta Alex quickly ran toward Ivan, who was just inches away from opening the car door.

"Alow me." Beta Alex opened the door while bowing his whole upper body in front of us. A giggle escaped from my mouth at his attics while my mate playfully growled at his Beta.

"Drop it, Lex." Ivan said as he helped me sit inside the car.

"Okay, Sir!" I saw Beta Alex salute and cower away when Ivan glared at him. "Where to, Alpha?" He said after sitting in the diver seat and gripping the steering wheel.

"Kar's parents," Ivan mumbled while embracing my hand in his and placing them in his lap. He looked at me and smiled after staring for a good minute. He turned his head to Beta Alex who was whistling happily then released a shaky breath. I don't know why and how, but I knew what was bothering him.

"They are gonna love you." I softly whispered and leaned towards him to leave a lingering kiss on his clothed shoulder. My mate turned to me and placed his lips on my temple and nodded.

"I'm being silly to worry about it, right?" He whispered back in a husky tone.

"Damn right." Beta Alex spoke from the front and I watched Ivan's expression change in a millisecond. "I've met them and they are cool. So don't worry about something so stupid." Ivan huffed and looked away, setting his eyes on the moving trees out of the car window.

"Wait until you have to meet your mate's parents." My mate muttered and gripped my hand a little tighter.

"I'm not worried about meeting their family, cause you see," Alex turned his head towards us. "Everyone loves this." He cheekily said and gestured to his face, making me laugh while Ivan angrily ordered him to focus on the road.

Ivan suddenly furrowed his brows and took out his phone from his pocket. "Dad is rejecting my mind-link." He murmured when I squeezed his arm. "Dad?" I heard him say on the phone as he set the call on speaker for us to hear as well.

'Yeah, son?'  The deep voice of the former Alpha said, dominantly. 'Don't tell me you are not coming for dinner. Your papa will be very hurt.' 

"Are you free for lunch?" My mate asked, ignoring the question.

'Yes... You are coming over for lunch?' He asked, confusingly.

"I want us to have lunch with some people," Ivan said, vaguely and told him the address. "Please be there by an hour."

'Fine, it's better than nothing. Okay, your papa needs me. Love you.'

"Love you." They disconnected and Ivan put back his phone after smiling brightly at me. "They are gonna be over the moon." He excitedly grinned at me and ran his fingers in my hair.

In a minute or two, we reached our destination. I could mildly feel how nervous Ivan is so it made me anxious too. It looked like Ivan's body is moving automatically since his eyes were unfocused. I tugged his body back to bury my face in his wide chest. I hear him release his deep breath and whiff in my scent. 

"Don't worry, they already love you as their Alpha so there is no doubt that they accept you as my mate." My voice was muffled but I knew he heard just right.

"I just don't want them to like just because I'm their Alpha. But you're right. Thank you, Kar." We pulled away I smiled encouragingly at him.

"I took your ceremony pictures, you don't have to have a photoshoot now." Beta Alex said while swiping away on his phone. We didn't realize he was taking pictures of us and it made Ivan shook his head fondly as we continued to walk toward my house.

The Beta came from behind and rang the bell for us. He patted my mate on his back quite hard and I knew it was his way of assuring him. My heart starting beating hard as I concentrated on hearing what was going inside.

".....n the door, honey." My mother's voice came.

"I'm on it." Kayne's voice was loud and it meant that he was near. The door swiped opened and my brother's smiling face came in view.

"Kar! I heard from mum that you found your-" He excitedly said but his words got cut off as he realized who was standing with me. "Greetings Alpha," Kayne slightly bowed his head. "What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking?" I knew he was confused until he looked at our joined hands. "You.. are kidding me." My brother's figure went stiff as he put all the pieces together.

I cleared my throat and dragged my mate inside, who was stiff too. "It will take time for him to completely grasp it." I said to my anxious mate and his Beta. 

"Does that mean he hates me?" I couldn't reply cause my mama came to the view.

"Mama." I happily said walked in her embrace.

"My baby." She rubbed my back lovingly. "I'm so happy for you, my love." She cupped my face and kissed my forehead adoringly.

"Where is dad?" Before she could say anything a voice came from our kitchen.

"Right here." My dad said, making me laugh.

"Alpha." My mother greeted my mate respectfully but her face showed confusion. Ivan walked towards us as both my dad and brother came to the living room.

"Mama, dad, Kayne; meet my mate, Alpha Ivan." I finally said and sighed as my family went in complete shock.

"H-hello, it's nice to meet you." My mate said, going up to my parents and offering them his hand. My mama, who was still petrified, moved her hand and place it on Ivan's. He kissed the back of her hand, respectfully and did the same to my dad.

Ivan looked back at me with a horrified and hesitant expression when the three didn't move a muscle. All I could do was let out a sigh.

---------------

Yo what's up baby, yo man baby (If you know, you know).

I had the worst day yesterday, like the WORST!  Just know that I cried the whole day....

I finished my assignments and all the quizzes this morning and I barely had the energy to edit this chapter but I  will start on the new chapter... 

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter, if you did, you can vote and comment your thoughts. 

Bye Angels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 6K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
559K 20.9K 62
The Sequel to Being Their Omega, A story revolving around Kyle and his three mates. ((This is obviously a harem type story so if you don't like more...
3.9M 168K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
157K 6.3K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...