Belonging

By ih8nuts

Victoria Wilson had always been the freak of the school. Picked on by senior and junior alike, by managing to... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Not really an update

Chapter 1

27.8K 749 81
By ih8nuts

What is the life of a nobody? What even makes a person a 'nobody'? The fact that they aren't as talented or gifted in certain aspects as another may be? Why can't people just accept that everyone is different, no two individuals can be the same. True, they may be similar, but not totally the same.

So what gives people the right to do or say whatever they wish, to a person incapable of defending themselves?

What gives them the right to make another feel inferior? Make them feel like they're worthless and unloved? Nothing. Their behavior is completely unacceptable.

But does anyone care? Not in the least.

They're all too consumed by their own life. Too ignorant of what others around them go through. The classic example of this deplorably common human error is in schools. And trust her when she said, she spoke from experience. The cruelty shown by one human to another was shocking at times. How much one person manipulates and browbeats another; for their own gain, be it material, or merely for entertainment. Even animals are not capable of such displays of heartlessness. That, my friends is how far the human race has fallen.

But that is just how life is, some people get the power and some get to be treated like trash.

"What're you doing?" a voice snapped her out of her reverie. Jumping in shock, she quickly spun around to face the voice. A boy of about her age, probably older stood behind her; about six feet tall, blond with green eyes and a lean, athletic build.

"Uh-I-I-" She stammered like the moron she is, how come this person wasn't ordering her around like everyone else? Why was she being treated like a human being by this boy? Didn't he know who she was?

"I believe he asked a question, whore." Her main tormentor spoke up; Sid Jacobs. When did he get here? Shit. Now she'll have to answer.

"I was completing your trigonometry homework that is due next week, sir." How pathetic is that she had to call a kid barely a year older than her 'Sir'?

Believe her when she said, it's not out of choice, she nearly got beat to death for failing to be respectful to the popular group. All the while she spoke to him, her eyes were downcast. She's not allowed to look them in the eye either, all because of Sid.

"Right, you have to do my astronomy project, it's due next month." Sid ordered.

"Yes, sir." She mumbled.

"Good. Come on Jack." Putting his hand on the boy's shoulder he steered him away.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she turned back to the books before her, time to do someone else's homework. It sucked being someone's punching bag. Well to be fair, he never hit her himself, the one time she did get beat up because of him was when he ordered his black-belt holding girlfriend to beat her up. What a sense of honor. Was she right? Or was she right?

Wait, let her start at the beginning. She was Victoria Wilson. Daughter of Johanna and Grayson Wilson, both of whom were alcoholics. Which meant that she had basically lived alone all through her teenage years and most of her childhood. She may not be the prettiest girl on the planet, but she was not exactly ugly either, more like average. With an average height of 5'5, an okay body, jet black hair, chocolate brown eyes, thin, shapely lips and a button nose. She believed that she was rather normal, but was still treated like the school freak in high school and now received the same treatment in college, hallelujah.

They were loving parents, but never had the time to actually see how miserable their only daughter was. To be honest, she was not sure she wanted them to know what she went through; they already had so much on their plate to deal with, like their alcohol problems and how to get enough money to afford the next bottle. Anyway, she had graduated from high school a year early, which at the time seemed like a blessing, for she wasn't exactly the most popular student back there either. Which also means she was the only eighteen year old to be in the second year of college. Which basically means she got picked on a lot more than anyone else in the entire school, generally the few taunts thrown her way during the day were all bearable. But Sid Jacobs made it his purpose in life to turn her into his personal slave ever since day one, when she accidently bumped into him while entering a class. One would think a guy would let such insignificant events go, but no; he deemed it an insult to his person that someone so low in the social food chain would dare to touch him. So one thing led to another, and now she's been stuck doing first only his and eventually his friends' assignments for about a year and a half now. Which brought us to the present; where she sat in the library, doing someone else's work.

"Hey." A voice whispered in her ear. Nearly shrieking in surprise, she fell out of her chair and onto the floor. Looking up, she could see a boy about six feet, very muscular and dressed in all black, except for his shirt. He had dark brown - almost black- hair, dark chocolate brown eyes and a tan complexion, with a muscular build. Overall, he looked pretty dangerous. Did she know him from somewhere? She only did homework for Sid and some of his friends, so she didn't owe him any work.

"W-who are you?" She stammered. She was not used to talking to the male population of her school, therefore she blushed like a tomato every single time she even made eye-contact. And right this moment, she could feel her cheeks heating up as well. Great.

"I couldn't help but notice this little episode that just transpired." He blatantly ignored her question.

"So?" She asked, entirely dumbfounded.

"So, little girl. I have a solution to your problem."

"What problem?" For an intelligent person, she sure could be dumb.

"Sid."

"Oh. That."

"Yes, that problem." He seemed amused. "The solution is simple and quick and will ensure that you don't have to put up with any kind of abuse or bullying ever again."

"What s-solution would that be?" She stammered. This had to be a game.

"Come with me and I'll show you." He smirked.

"N-no." she was sure as heck not going anywhere with a stranger.

"I'm not going to rape you. You just need to come to the main entrance of this library to meet someone."

Well, the main entrance does always have a constant traffic of students going in and out. He couldn't really kidnap her in full view of the administration and present students. At least she hoped not. But what had she got to lose anyway? Life couldn't get any worse. Putting her things in her book bag, she turned to face him as she slung it over her shoulder.

"Lead the way." she mumbled.

"Awesome. You won't regret this." He beamed at her. Why did he seem so relieved? Motioning for her to precede him he fell into step behind her. Taking small, tentative steps she tried to delay the unknown. She didn't know what was going to happen and that was driving her crazy. Her insatiable curiosity was the reason she graduated early, the reason she never got along with people, preferring the company of books for they had a lot more to offer her in terms of mental stimulation.

"Wait here. I'll be back in a sec." The dangerous looking boy stated and walked off into the library parking lot, his mobile telephone attached to his ear. Okay then, she'd just stand there and wait like she had nothing better to do with her life. Like, oh I don't know...Sid Jacob's homework.

"Hey, come on." The boy had appeared in front of her again. Didn't he just walk away? How long had she been zoned out for? Turning around he walked off into the parking lot.

"Hey! You said library entrance!" She shouted after him as she reluctantly but curiously followed him.

"You'll still be able to see it from the parking lot. Won't you?" Glancing back at her he had the audacity to wink at her. Internally she scoffed at his player-ish ways, who went around winking at girls he didn't know? Unintentionally she glared at her feet as she followed him to God-knows-where.

"As promised, Boss. Victoria Wilson from second year at the State University." He spoke to someone.

What the heck was going on? Looking up from her feet, she came face to face, well face to chest with a black T-shirt. Wait, what? Looking up she made eye contact with the owner of the shirt. Instantly she backed away, stumbling in her haste and put a good seven or so feet of distance between them. If you look up danger in a dictionary, his picture would probably be right there. For the boy, nay man in front of her was the epitome of danger and she was shit scared. Who wouldn't be?

A distance of mere feet separated her from a well over six feet tall man, with a very muscular physique, dark -almost black- brown hair, dark chocolate brown eyes. Tan skin with a strong, wide jaw, thin but shapely lips, with a straight, sharp nose and a few tattoos on his muscular arms. All in all, he had an aura of death and danger about him. What has she gotten herself into?

"Hello hobbit." He smirked at her as though they've known each other all their lives. And that was scaring her even more than his scary appearance. Scary-looking people wouldn't do anything without a purpose behind it. She was frozen to the spot, mute, not a sound escaping her lips. What was he going to do to her? Was he going to kill her?

"She gonna be sick?" The boy who brought her here asked the tattooed man. Both stood there staring at her as though she was an experiment in a lab.

"Shut up Ryan." The man in front of her, growled.

"You, come here." He motioned to her, she frantically shook her head. Her fear was making her awkwardness even worse.

"SO eloquent. I must say." Quipped Ryan.

"Are you fond of your life, Ryan?" The man growled at him. At his hasty nod, he spoke. "Then shut it and get lost." Instantly Ryan scurried off. Traitor. Well he was the reason she was in this mess, so yeah.

"This is the last time I'm asking you politely. Come here." Clayton spoke to her as soon as Ryan went out of earshot.

Unwillingly, her limbs unfroze and she took slow, agonizingly slow steps toward him. All the while she clutched her book bag to her chest, as a measly form of protection from him. He stood patiently as she finally stopped just about four feet away from him.

"I'm Clayton." He introduced himself. "I already know who you are though, Victoria."

"W-wha-what do y-you w-want fro- from me?" she stammered out after a moment of him just staring at her, as though lost in a trance.

"That's for me to know." Stepping closer to her, till they're a mere foot apart, he grabbed her and pushed her against a nearby car. His muscular arms on both sides of her, caging me in. "And you to find out."

"I-I...Please, le-l-let me g-go." She pleads, fearing for the worst.

"I'm afraid that is not possible. I've set my claim on you, and you don't get a say in it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.8K 29
"Ryan let me out! I hiss and move out the way, while trying to still be quiet. Him and I both know well what would happen in someone caught us in he...
836 49 20
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
81 1 64
Pt 1 Ariel finds herself agreeing to go to Cole Langford's house for a party with his four friends. She isn't sure how the night is going to end up a...
1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...