Agent 18: The Daughter of Fury

DylenTheOreo

Did you know that Nick Fury has a daughter? I know Nick Fury a stone cold badass is a father! This story foll... Еще

The Baby from the Ocean
My Little Annabelle
A Little Bit Thunder
A New Team
The Discussion
Codename White Daliha
White Dalahia: Combat Mode
Uncle Coulson Time: Let's Get Some Ice Cream
Nick Fury: Detective Mode
First Date: Successfuly Cute
Second Date: Dinner at the Fury home
Off to New York
Happy Birthday Annabelle
White Dahlia New Wardrobe
It's Okay
Third Date: Accidental Badass Mode
Flashback: The Eye Patch
The Holy Trinity: A Dangerous Mission
Flashback: Hawkeye the Babysitter
The Depression of Annabelle Fury
Nick Fury: Tell me the Truth
Randal's Confession
Four Years Later
The Man in Black Hair
Wedding Bells: Clint's Special Day
Randal: A Shocking Question
EXPOSED: Happy Birthday Dad
Annabelle Fury: A Big Step
Hawkeye and White Daliaha: HYDRA Encounter
You Gotta Be Shittin Me

Mr & Mrs Fury

656 13 14
DylenTheOreo

Annabelle and Randal snuggle up under the covers watching Tv. Well not really watching Annabelle nuzzles her face into his chest while Randal hums to himself. He can't help but smile at his beau.

"What are you doing?" Randal chuckled.

"Im enjoying myself."

"I can see that." He chuckled.

"What are you singing-humming I mean."

"Just an old song I used to sing non stop as a kid. It's been in my head the last few days."

"Singing it out loud might help it out of your head."

"You just wanna hear me sing."

"That's besides the point."

They both laugh.

"I like it when you sing. It sounds pretty." Annabelle smiled.

Randal glances down at Annabelle. She bats her doughy eyes. Randal sighs in defeat, his true weakness, Annabelle's eyes.

"Alright you win." He sighed. He clears his throat and starts to serenade.

'See the pyramids along the Nile, watch the sun rise from the tropic isle.
Just remember darling, all the while, you belong to me.
See the market place in old Algiers, send me some photographs and souvenirs.
Just remember when a dream appears...

Randal glances down at Annabelle sound asleep. He smiles softly and kisses her temple.

You belong...to me.

He holds her a little tighter and closes his eyes.

*********

"Why so glum butterchum?" Randal asked.

"I would say I'm fine, but you're gonna know I'm lying." She frowned.

Randal scoots closer.

"Talk about it, what's on your mind?"

Annabelle shrugs her shoulders. 

"I-I...sometimes I think about my mom. Mostly of why she's been gone for so long and if she even wants to see me. Or just not even bother coming back.

Randal rubs her back for comfort.

"I'm sorry Belle."

"And it's wired because I want to meet her, but  at the same time I don't. I don't hate her, but I don't really care about her. Is that bad?"

Randal shakes his head.

"I don't think so. You'd wish she was there for the important parts or at least came around."

"Yeah...now I feel like if she were to come back I'd just feel...mad? Numb? Mixture of the two?"

"It's okay, you don't wanna have any negative feelings towards your mom. I get it. Just don't blame yourself for anything she did. At least you have your dad and your uncle. I know they really love you."

"I know they do. It just sucks when your mind goes and thinks about something stupid or sad shit and sometimes those thoughts don't stop." She sighed.

Randal stands up and holds out his hand. Annabelle takes hold and they shuffle into the middle of the room. He places her arms around his neck and his arms around her waist. They close the space in between them and start to sway side to side. She rests her head on his shoulder.

"So this is love, mmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, mmm
And now I know and now I know
The key to all heaven is mine...

Annabelle tearfully gazes into Randal's eyes. Her doughy eyes make him swoon a little, but her tears make him concerned.

"W-What's wrong love?" He questioned softly as he wipes her tears away.

"I-I love you...so much. Don't ever leave me." She cried softly.

Randal feels his heart melt and flutter all at once. He leans in and gently kisses her. He embraces her a little tighter. He pulls away and rests his forehead on hers.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

************

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF HARM/SUICIDE ATTEMPT

"Annabelle...w-what are you?"

Randal is shocked to see the love of his life sitting in his empty bathtub with a small piece of something sharp. Annabelle doesn't say anything.

"I thought you were asleep?" She gasped.

"I didn't feel you next to me. What-" Randal scrambles under the sink and pulls out a mini first aid kit. He sits next to Annabelle in the tub and tries to hold her arm, but she pulls it away.

"Don't-I'll just go." She frowned.

Randal wraps his arms around her hugging her tight. Annabelle starts to breakdown crying.

"Please don't leave. I'm not mad at you...I promise. Just...talk to me." He spoke softly.

"I-I-I'm sorry." She cried.

Once she calmed down, Randal bandages Annabelle's wrist. They both sit across from each other in the tub.

"It's a lot...at first it was when I killed that guy. Then it turned into how I felt about my mom...sometimes I wouldn't even be sad. I'll be having a good day with you or my dad and it just...happens." She confessed.

"I'm not mad at you Annabelle. I still love you." Randal looks down at her hands. "You know you can tell me anything-"

"I know..." she sighs. "I thought it was something I could control, like only doing it when I felt bad or..." She wipes her eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Randal holds her hand.

"...if you want to leave me, I understand." She pouted.

Randal lifts up her hand to his lips and kisses her knuckles.

"Why would I do that? Annabelle I love you so much. Even when you have to leave I don't want you to. Randal gazes into her sad dough eyes. "It's okay Annabelle, I'm not mad at you." He spoke softly.

Annabelle wipes her eyes and turns away towards Randal.

"I just...it's hard sometimes." She starts crying again.

Randal scoots a little closer to her. He holds out both of his wrists and reveals a faded scar on each one. Annabelle gasps softly and takes a closer look.

"When-when was this ? What happened?"

"Years ago...I was acting out. It got bad to the point where my parents sent me off to boarding school. It was absolute hell. I was bullied, beat up, and humiliated. The staff was just as bad if not worse as the kids there. I didn't care if I went back home or not...I just wanted to leave that place. At that point I didn't care how I left." Randal tries to hold back his tears.

Annabelle caresses his cheek.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered.

"It's all right. Basically what I'm trying to say is...I get how you feel. Belle, promise me-or at least talk to me if you ever get 'those' feelings."

Annabelle nods her head and rests her head on his shoulder.

"I'll try." She agreed softly.

The two sit there in the tub in silence for a moment. Randal rests his head on Annabelle's as their fingers intertwine. A few moments go by and both of them start to feel their eyelids getting heavy.

"We should probably get out of this tub." He told.

"In a minute." She pouted.

"Enjoying the moment?" He questioned.

"...yeah. I mean the tub could be more comfortable."

Randal chuckles. Randal smiles softly and gives her a peck on her temple.
After a sweet extra minute the two slightly struggle to get out of the tub and they both waddle back to the bed.
Annabelle snuggles into his chest while he wraps his arms around her. Randal starts to hum, the vibrations from his chest soothes Annabelle.

"Fly me to the moon...and let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on...Jupiter and Mars."

Annabelle's eyes start to feel heavy as Randal continues to serenade. He gives her a little peck on her forehead and continues to sing. Eventually the singing puts both of them sound asleep in each other's arms.

***********

Annabelle flutters her eyes open. She squints at the bright light and turns away. She groans softly as her vision starts to focus. Annabelle hears a monitor beeping and looks down at her arm. She starts to raise her arms, but someone takes hold of them.

"Take it easy Annabelle." A familiar voice told.

"...dad?" She groaned.

Fury scoots closer to the infirmary bed.

"Hey, how you feeling baby girl?" He spoke softly.

Annabelle's vision starts to become more clear. She's in the med bay. She feels her side where the rod used to be.

"Like shit...and hungry."

Fury chuckles.

"How-how long have I...?"

"Almost two days. Took them hours to get that damn rod out. Then there was the possibility that it got infected since it was rusty. Thankfully that didn't happen. Almost shit a whole brick wall when I saw you like that."

Annabelle sighs as she rubs her face. She stares at the ceiling.

"You all right sweet pea?"

"I have no idea-" She gasps softly.

"Dad where's Randal?" She tries to sit up, but she whence in pain. The heart monitor starts to speed up.

"Take it easy, you're stitches are gonna come undone."

Annabelle takes a deep breath to calm herself down. The monitor slows down too.

"Dad, where is he? What happened?" She questioned.

Fury sighs as he crosses his arms.

"Eli Venibarg is locked away in a cell. Since he's a Hydra spy."

Annabelle shakes her head.

"I need to see him."

"Unless it's beating the shit out of him, why the hell do you need to see him?"

"We need to have a lil chat." Annabelle slowly fights through the pain as she tries to sit up.

"Annabelle, stop! Your ex boyfriend is a low life hydra criminal." He scolded.

"Yeah I know, but we got some shit we need to-"

"What you need to do is rest and not worry about that raggedy boy. Everything he has ever told you was a lie."

Annabelle shakes her head. Sweat starts falling down her face.

"That's not true. I know he lied about his identity, but what we had wasn't fake." She persisted.

Fury grabs hold of his daughter by her shoulders. He tries hold her down but she keeps squirming which is slowly causing her stitches to rip. Annabelle starts to push her father off of her, but she's still under the affects of the drugs. The pushing is more of a soft limp.

"Annabelle, get a grip!" He raised his voice.

"Let go of me!" She argued. Fury pushes her back onto the bed and pins her down.

"Look at yourself! I raised you better than this-especially over some boy!" Fury shouted.
Annabelle winces in pain as she holds her side.

"That raggedy boy and I need to have a talk. Just give me ten minutes." The sweat from Annabelle runs down through her body. The pain continues to become unbearable for her.

"Annabelle, that's enough!" Fury shouted. He releases his grip. Annabelle gasps. "I can't believe that little fucker has you acting like this. He has you brainwashed."

Annabelle groans both in pain and frustration. Tears start to run down her face.

"I'm not brainwashed! Dad, just listen to me!" Annabelle cried.

"This isn't a conversation! You go anywhere near him-

"I still love him okay!" Annabelle cried out. She winces  in pain again as she holds her side. She looks down at her hand and there's blood on her palm. Fury turns away and presses a button on the bed. He walks towards the door not looking at his daughter.

"You stay away from him. I'm putting you under constant watch. This conversation is over..." Fury clenches his fist and storms out of the room. Annabelle sits there with tears running down her face as the doctors come trotting in.

She clenches her fist and swings at the doctor. She misses completely and ends up falling flat on the floor causing her stitches to come more undone. The doctors try to help her up, but she fights them. Two of the doctors hold her down while the third one gets a needle. They stick her in the neck and Annabelle's movement slows down. All while Fury stands there watching through the little window. He stomps away  while holding his head feeling guilty, but knows he's doing the right thing. To him at least.

*****************

Later That Day

Fury slides a keycard and the door opens. Randal or Eli sits in the corner with his head down. Fury pulls up a chair and sits down.

"Is she okay? H-how is she?" He questioned.

"My daughter is no longer your concern. Start talking."

Eli glances up at Fury.

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"Don't play stupid, Hydra figures out who my daughter is and you decided to weasel your way into her life."

Eli thinks for a moment.

"What are you talking about? You think I targeted Annabelle?"

"Of course a Hydra spy is as stupid as he look."

"Look...in the file Hydra gave me it didn't say anything about you having any kids. I thought maybe you kept that off the record. Annabelle's your only child I just assumed you did that to keep her safe."

Fury crosses his arms. He doesn't want to say too much that lets Eli know the full truth.

"So tell me, how did you know she's my daughter?" Fury questioned.

"I didn't know until I met you. Mister Fury, your daughter is the best thing that's happened to me. I never had any ill intentions-I wanted to marry her."

"Marry her?" Fury shakes his head and starts to chuckle manically. "That's rich."

"Mister Fury-just please...I need to see her." Eli pleaded.

"The only thing you'll be seeing is this cell. As far as I'm concerned you never existed and I'll make damn sure that if you even have the slightest thought of my baby girl-you'll regret it." Fury vowed.

***************

The next day...

Annabelle wakes up in her room on the carrier. She groans as she wipes her eyes. She yawns.

"Fuuuck me..." She sighed. She turns her head and looks around the room. The clock on her nightstand reads: 10:48 pm. Next to the clock are some Norse Mythology books and Captain America comics.

Annabelle takes a deep breath slowly sits up. She's able to pull through while controlling her breathing. She tries to put some weight on her legs, but they feel like jelly. She gives her thighs a good squeeze and holds onto her nightstand stand. Annabelle is able to slowly stand up on her wobbly legs.

"Okay...okay." She sighed heavily.

Annabelle slowly starts to waddle out her bedroom and into her little living room area. She gasps. Her uncle Coulson sitting in a chair reading a book. Coulson turns and see's his niece, he smiles.

"Hey there lil captain. How you feeling?" He questioned.

Annabelle doesn't say anything. She surveys the room.

"Don't worry, we didn't bug your room. I promise. Had to fight your dad on it, but you're bug free." Coulson told.

Annabelle notices two bowls on the table.

"What's with the bowls?" Her voice is all groggy.

Coulson stands up and takes a few steps to the fridge. He opens the freezer door and pulls out ice cream.

"Well I did make a promise that I'd buy you two things of ice cream." He sits the tub down on the table with spoons at the ready.

Annabelle doesn't say anything. Coulson reads her body language and sighs.

"Annabelle, can you sit down please?" He asked. Annabelle waddles to the chair and carefully sits down. Coulson digs out three large scoops and plops them into Annabelle's bowl. She angrily eats the ice cream.

"I'm gonna be honest...everything sucks right now."

"You don't say?" She sassed.

"Annabelle, I'm sorry that this happened with you and Eli-"

"Randal." She interrupted. "I knew him as Randal."

"I know you love him, but with him being a Hydra agent we don't know what his true intentions were."

"Uncle Coul-

"Just listen, please." He said firmly. Annabelle swallows her tongue and continues to eat her ice cream.

"I'm sure that he had some type of feelings for you, but now we're taking precautions. How do we know he wasn't planning on infiltrating Shield? What if if he was using you to get to your father? He could've discovered some very sensitive or classified information." He explained.

Annabelle puts her spoon down in her bowl.

"You don't think I wasn't careful around him? I had to lie to him on a daily basis on where I was or what I was doing. What makes you think I'd do something that careless?" She raises her voice.

"Annabelle, you know how we do things. Especially with Hydra agents."

Annabelle clenches her fist and her hand starts to shake due to her tight grasp. She tries to fight it, but tears start to flood her eyes.

"So you're going to kill him? Just-end him and throw his body in a ditch somewhere?" She questioned shakingly.

Coulson opens his mouth, but hesitates for a split moment.

"I don't know what your farther plans to do with him. Whatever he plans to do...it is what it is." He shrugged. Annabelle hangs her head and the tears rain down onto her lap. Her cries start to become more vocal. Feeling guilty, Coulson decides to leave now before things escalate for the worst.

"I'll leave you alone for now." He stands up and shuffles towards the door. Before he leaves he stops and looks at his broken niece.

"Your father and I love you dearly. I want you to know that, Annabelle. I'll check back in a bit." He walls out of the room closing the door behind him.

Annabelle sits there alone with a bowl of half melted ice cream. Through the tears she tries to hold herself to self soothe, but it mostly turns into her having a breakdown...alone.

*******************

Due to her injury Fury threw his daughter into Physical Therapy and had her taken off field duty until she's fully healed. To be extra safe Fury and Coulson test to see if Annabelle was brainwashed without her knowing. This caused even more of a rift between the small family. Annabelle agrees only to show that she was never brainwashed by Eli or Randal.
After that Annabelle goes around looking drained or just finished bawling her eyes out. She hasn't spoken to her father or Coulson since the brainwashing test. She does her best to stay out of their way.
Fury and Coulson tell themselves that they're doing the right thing. They know Annabelle is hurt, but they've been, not knowingly, pushing her away into a hurtful depression.

Randal or Eli has been through psychical hell through Fury and Coulson's hands, mostly Fury. The beatings have been almost a daily routine and Fury has no problem with that. If not his fists he'll physically throw Eli across the room until his whole body is badly bruised. Part of beatings was to get any information out, but Eli swore he's innocent, for the most part. Other that Fury or Coulson aren't getting any information out of him.

At this point the torture is just for Fury's sadistic entertainment.

Almost two months have passed and nothing has changed. Annabelle continues to not talk to her father or uncle. She just wakes up, does psychical therapy and goes back to her room. If she's not too stressed out she'll try eat something or just eat her emotions if she's tired of crying.

A few weeks has passed and Annabelle still hasn't seen or talk to her dad. Coulson will check in with her, but it's mostly a one sided conversation. Not even a conversation he just pokes his head in to see if she's breathing at this point.

**************

In other news:
Clint has arrived back from visiting his wife after a four week staycation. He heads for Fury's office where he sits there icing his fists in a bowl.

"Hey there Fury, what's with the ice?" Clint questioned.

"Ah Clint, good to see you." Fury takes out his fist and wraps a towel around it. "Been beating the shit out of our little friend for the last month in a half."

Clint thinks for a moment.

"What friend?"

"Eli Venibarg, formerly known as Randal the rat bastard." Fury pours himself a shot of Burbann and shoots it back. He leans back in his chair.

Clint raises his eye brows and sucks the air through his teeth.

"Yikes...is he still breathing?"

"Sadly. Coulson and I have been trying to get any information out of him and it's gotten nowhere. However I'm having just a blast beating the Shit out of him." Fury smirked.

"How's Annabelle doing?"

He doesn't psychically show it but Fury's "Upbeat mood" shifts.

"Last I heard she's been doing better in psychical therapy. Other than that no idea."

Clint looks at him puzzled.

"W-well where is she now?"

Fury checks his watch.

"She should be back in her room. She should be leaving psychical therapy by now. If you wanna check on her, be my guest." He pours himself another shot.

"Do you know how she's feeling with the whole 'finding out her boyfriend is an enemy spy' thing?"

Fury pauses for a moment. He shoots back his shot and sets the glass down.

"She's fine, she's just being moody. She'll get over it. Feel free to go and check up on her, I'm busy."

"Alright..."

*********************

Clint knocks on Annabelle's door.

"Hey lil Captain it's your uncle Clint, aka you're favorite, open up."

There's no answer. Clint waits a moment then knocks again.

"You in there kid?"

"No." Annabelle answered. Clint turns to his left side and sees a very drained Annabelle dragging herself to her door. Clint feels his heart break seeing his niece looking defeated. She's wearing a baggy long sleeve shirt and biker shorts that go up to her waist. Her hair is a mess and has more bags under her eyes than a department store. Annabelle walks past her uncle and opens her door, he follows in behind.

"Hey, hows uh...how goes it?" He asked nervously.

Annabelle doesn't answer and just walks into her room. Clint sighs and follows after her. He walks in seeing her curled up in a ball facing the wall. He approaches the bed and sits down.

"Annabelle, talk to me. What's going on? I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but you look like shit."

"Yeah I know." She sighed.

"I'm not gonna sugar coat anything I'm about to say so...don't take it to heart." He warned.
"Annabelle...you-

"I miss him." She confessed. "I miss him so much." She clenches has left wrist.

Clint doesn't say anything, he just lets her speak.

"I feel like I can't even look at my dad or uncle Coulson the same way. Or at all." She cried.

"You wanna talk about it? I'll be here however long you need me to be."

Annabelle shrugs her shoulders.

"I won't pry, just whatever you wanna say it."

There's a small silence in the room. Annabelle points to her night stand.

"In the dwar, a little box. Hand it to me. Please." She requested.

Clint fishes through the nightstand and pulls out a little dark blue box. He pops open the box and sees the shining engagement ring, he gasps.

"Wha-when did he-oh shit." Clint closes the box and sits it on the nightstand.

"Is it stupid of me to think that all of this is my fault?" She questioned l.

"How so?"

Annabelle shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders. She flips onto her back to face her uncle.

"If I had accepted his proposal he wouldn't be in that cell." Annabelle sighs. "When he proposed to me...at first I was just gonna tell him to wait a bit longer. But now I'm thinking "what if I said yes sooner?" "Would either of us found out our true identities?" Annabelle sniffled softly.

Clint rubs her back for comfort. He exhales heavily before answering.

"...I get it. You didn't want this to happen-I mean, shit I was rooting for you two. But thinking about what if's aren't gonna make things better." He told.

Annabelle clenches her wrist.

"I love him so much...is that stupid of me?"

"...no, no not at all. Love is...painful." Clint checks his watch. "Have you eaten today?"

"Probably not. I don't even know if I ate last night."

"I'll get us some takeout and I'll bunker down with you for the night. We can talk more after we eat. How does that sound?"

Annabelle wipes her eyes and nods her head. Clint pats her on the back and leaves the room to order the food. Once he leaves Annabelle grabs the jewelry box and opens it. She takes out the ring, she slips it on and gazes at her hand for a moment. The diamond glistens in the dim light as tears continue to roll down her face. She pulls the ring off and tucks it back into the box and drops it back into the drawer.

*************

Clint sits on the floor against Annabelle's bed as they watch reruns of Adventure Time. As he eats his takeout Annabelle sighs heavily.

"You alright there lil cap?"

"Yeah...I can't eat much without it hurting a little. I'm okay." She frowned. Clint turns down the volume on her TV and turns to face her.

"I'm sure you mean that, but you can't really bullshit me kid. I am the one who taught you after all." Clint told.

Annabelle holds the engagement ring in her hand, she clutches her fist.

"I'm going to see him. Not tonight-soon though."

Clint shakes his head.

"Can't say I'm surprised, but as much as I love and care for you...I don't-ah fuck. I-I wanna help-"

"I understand if you can't. I'm not asking you to do anything, I'm giving you a heads up. I'll most likely get caught by my dad and I'm pretty sure he'll either ground me until the end of time or have someone watch me 24/7."

Clint sits next to his niece and sighs.

"Say you actually get to see El-

"Randal...I knew him as that so that's what I'm calling him." She interrupted.

"All right...if you get to see Randal what are you going to say or do?"

"Talk to him, get some closure. We didn't really get to ask questions after the whole almost dying thing."

"And you're sure about this? Regardless of the consequences?"

Annabelle nods her head.

"...yeah. My dad thinks he brainwashed me, but he didn't. All these years we've been together he never showed any signs of a toxic person. We've only argued three times since we've been together and two of those times were about which movie franchise was better."

"Okay...so sneaking in, any ideas?"

"A few at the moment. I could disguise myself and walk right in or crawl through the ventilation system. I'm sure there's a camera in the cell so I'll have to disarm it or pull a Speed move and have it on a loop."

"And if there's guards? If  they see you they'll sound an alarm."

"I know...I'll come up with something more thought out."

Clint sighs heavily and glances up at the ceiling.

"One more thing Annabelle."

"What is it?"

"Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Trust me on this."

Annabelle nods her head as she lays on her back.

"I will. I promise."

*************

About two weeks have passed while Annabelle plans her infiltration mission. Clint decided to bite the bullet and helps his niece monitoring the security around Randal's cell. Once he reported back to Annabelle she'd right it down and hide it in her room in case her father or Coulson come in and snoop around.

Another week goes by and Annabelle has a pretty solid plan laid out. Clint came in clutch and pulled a Speed move and get a recording of Randal from night to dawn.
Before carrying out her plan she grabs the engagement ring along with a few small remote devices and slides them in her pocket. In order to pull it off Annabelle decides to flood her toilet to at least get her out of her room. She grabs some trash out of her bin and dumps it in the toilet. She flushed it and everything starts to fall into place.
Annabelle calls a janitor to clean up her distraction. She makes her way to a bathroom down the hall and locks the door. She goes into the last stall and takes out a stash of tools hidden in the toilet paper dispenser. She steps on top of the toilet and unscrews the vent up above. She places the grate down and shimmy's her way into the ventilation system.

***************

Randal sits in a corner of his cell staring off into space. His lip is busted and has multiple bruises on his body from the beating Fury gave him earlier. He looks down at his left hand and imagines a wedding band around his wedding finger. His thought is soon interrupted as he hears faint movement around him.
He perks his ears up and listens closely, but nothing happens. Just as he tries to relax something drops from the ceiling. He gasps.

He slowly stands up as he sees a thin yet somewhat long bolt on the floor. He picks it up and looks up at the ceiling and a few more drop down. He quickly, yet painfully moves out the way as the grate slides up into the vent and long legs soon dangle from the ceiling. Randal looks on puzzles as he tosses the screw. Soon the legs drop along with whom they have belong to, Annabelle.

The two lock eyes for a moment, but she breaks contact and rushes to the door. She places a small device on it lock the door from the inside. She turns back towards Randal and he's gazing at her, he's speechless. The look he gives her is the same look they gave each other when they first met.

"Annabelle?" He gasped. She blinks at him.

"Randal." She spoke softly.

Randal slowly limps towards her. Annabelle notices the bruising on his body her heart aches.

"This-this isn't real, is it?" He questioned. Annabelle holds out her hand. Randal reaches out and their fingers intertwine naturally. Randal gasps and starts to chuckle as tears run down his face. Annabelle's heart is beating so loud it almost echoes.

"Hey baby." She smiled trying to hold back the tears. Randal pulls her in and wraps his arms around her and vice versa.

"I missed you-so much." She cried.

"I missed you too. I was starting to think I'd never see you again."

Annabelle rests her head on his shoulder. Randal starts to hum the lyrics to Can't Take My Eyes off of You. Annabelle smiles through the tears and holds him a little tighter without hurting him.
After a while Randal stops humming and pulls back a little to gaze into Annabelle's watery eyes.

"How are you here? W-what are you doing here?" He questioned.

"We need to talk."

Randal nods his head. "Yeah...yeah I agree. I would offer you a place to sit, but that mattress is uncomfortable as shit."

***************

The two sit down on the floor next to the bed facing each other. They sit in an awkward silence while one of them waits for the other to say something. Randal opens his mouth but hesitates to speak.

"Did you date me just to get to my father?" She blurted.

Randal shakes his head.

"No...when I met your dad I was-surprised. Not because of who he is...well maybe a little. He looks a lot scarier in person."

"...was everything you told me about you a lie?" She asked.

"Not everything. The feelings I had-have for you were as real. There was something I was in a boarding school that treated the kids like shit, mostly me since I was smaller than the rest. I did try to...ya know." Randal motions his finger across his neck. "My parents are a different fucked up story." He told.

"What happened?"

"The whole school shooting thing wasn't a complete lie. The shooter wasn't a Student it was my mother and she...she was just super paranoid with my dad. Maybe because he always was out working, but my mother thought otherwise. So one night she just grabbed his gun and shot my dad, then she shot herself."

Annabelle gasps softly. Randal nods his head.

"Yeah...that was also one of the reasons why I-yeah." Randal hangs his head and sighs.

"I'm sorry." Annabelle fiddles with her fingers. Randal glances over at her hands.

"Annabelle, would you have told me you were a Shield agent?"

She shrugs her shoulders.

"Over the years I thought about it. I wanted to at some point but I decided to not to."

"How come?"

"I wanted to protect you. I've too many nightmares of evil people hurting you because of who I am-or what I do I suppose."

"I understand. I'll admit it...when I proposed to you I wanted to run away from Hydra. Not to use you as a scapegoat, but I was ready to leave and start fresh." He told. "You know with everything that's happened to me-being in that boarding school, recruited by Hydra, my parents...you are the only good thing that made it worth while." Tears running down Randal's face.

Annabelle caresses his cheek and wipes his tears. She tries to hold back hers but they slowly run down.

"The name Randal...where did it come from?"

"Oh god it's been so long. I don't-I don't really remember. I'm sorry." He glances down at Annabelle's side where her wound was. "How's your side?"

She groans.

"It's fine. My father took me off field duty and put me in physical therapy. The healing felt like it took forever, but it's doing better."

Randal holds his hand and strokes her hand with his thumb.

"I was so scared when that happened. If I lost you I wouldn't...I wouldn't have made it. I'm glad you're okay." He said softly. Annabelle smiles softly as she scoots closer to Randal. He rests his head on her shoulder.

Annabelle reaches into her pocket and pulls out the engagement ring. She slips it on her wedding finger hand and the two gaze at it.

"Did you ever have an answer?" He asked softly.

"Hm?"

He points to the ring. Annabelle brings her hand closer to look at the ring.

"Originally I was going to say we should wait a little longer. Maybe a few more months or a year."

"And now?"

The tears in Annabelle's eyes overflow. Some of them fall onto Randal's prison uniform. He sits up and wraps his arms around her even if it hurts a little.

"I..." She gazes into Randal's eyes. In that moment she saw something she didn't see before. Annabelle takes hold of his left hand and speaks from her heart.

"...yes." She whispered. Randal is surprised by her answer. He crashes his lips into hers and they embrace each other passionately. He pulls away and caresses her face.

"So how about it? Wanna say fuck it and get married?" They both chuckle.

"Are you serious?"

Randal nods.

"In a prison cell?" She giggled. Randal shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm sure people have gotten married in worse places."

Annabelle takes his hands and hold them. She they gaze into each other's eyes.

"Well...do you Randal take me, Annabelle, as your wife? To love and cherish this time we have left?"

"Yes...yes I do." He kisses her hand. "Do you Annabelle take me, Randal as your husband? To have and to hold even if...even if I am no longer part of this world." He cried.

"I do."

"Then I pronounce us Mr. and Mrs...Fury." He announced.

Annabelle tearfully smiles.

"You may now...kiss your wife." She cried.

Randal and Annabelle lean in and share their first as a married couple. The kiss feels sweet and innocent when they first kissed. In this moment nothing mattered except the love between them. They both knew the moment wouldn't last forever, but to them it feels as if time stood still.

*****************
Fury drags himself to his daughter's room on the base. Before entering he stops and thinks for a moment. He knocks on the door and waits for an answer.

"Annabelle, it's me open up."

There's no answer. He knocks again.

"Annabelle I know...I know you're not in the mood, but we need to talk." Fury called out.

The door opens up and it's the janitor. Fury raises his eyebrow in confusion.

"Who the hell are you?" He questioned.

"I'm the janitor that got stuck cleaning this clogged up toilet. It's not even shit that's in the toilet, it's trash!" The janitor frowned.

"Wh-what-what the fuck are you talking about? Where's Annabelle?" Fury stammered.

"Huh? Oh you mean the young lady that I'm positive clogged her toilet on purpose?! She went to the bathroom down the hall. I oughta give her a piece of my mind."

Fury shakes his head and thanks the janitor. As he approaches the bathroom, Coulson calls out to him.

"Fury!" He called. "Have you talked to Annabelle?" He questioned.

"Apparently she clogged her toilet and had to use the hallway bathroom." Fury knocks on the door.

"Do you think we were too rough on her? About the whole...thing?" Coulson asked.

"Of course not. She'll be mad for however long and then she'll come around and realize what we did for her was right."

Coulson exhales heavily and crosses his arms.

"Maybe...I don't know. I don't like how she's been looking."

"How? Sad?"

Coulson shakes his head.

"No, she looks like she's not eating or sleeping. I saw her the other day in passing and she didn't even look like our little girl."

"She is a grown young woman." Fury deflected.

"You know what I mean."

Fury knocks on the door again. This time it's loud. "Annabelle, in there?"

Still no answer.

"Is she even in there anymore?" Coulson questioned.

"I would hope so, she's not in her room.Unless she went to go hang out with Clint."

Speak of the devil Clint starts walking towards Fury and Coulson. He and Coulson make eye contact and Clint does a one eighty and starts to speed away. Coulson trots after him while Fury follows. Clint tries to call for an elevator, but Fury and Coulson beat him to it.

"Oh-hey guys." Clint smiles nervously.

"Where's Annabelle?" Fury questioned.

"Did you check her room?"

"Apparently her toilet got backed up with trash." Coulson frowned.

"Really? That's wired, probably should have someone fix that." He sassed with a deadpan tone.

The elevator door opens. Clint steps inside and Fury does so as well as Coulson. Before Clint could press any floor button Fury slams his fist on the emergency button. Clint swears under his breath.

"Is there a -"

"Don't play stupid with me Clint! Where's Annabelle?" Fury raises his voice.

"I don't know, somewhere on this base probably curled up in a ball crying."

"How do you mean?" Coulson questioned.

"Have you two actually seen Annabelle? Like at all?"

"What about it?" Fury asked.

"She looks like an extra from a zombie movie."

"Oh please don't be dramatic. Tell us where she is. Now!" Fury demanded. Clint stays silent. Infuriated Fury sucker punches Clint right in the gut. He drops down to his knees clenching his stomach. Even Coulson is surprised by the outburst.

"So that's how you're gonna treat me?" Clint groaned. He crawls to towards the wall behind him. "Beat the shit out of me until I talk?"

"If it gets me the answer I need then yes." Fury raises his leg back ready to kick Clint right in face. Coulson restrains him.

"Let go of me Coulson!"

"Sir, you need to calm down."

Fury elbows Coulson right in the face and he slams into the elevator door. He groans holding his cheek. It dawns on Fury that he just hit his best friend square in the face.

"...fuck. He sighed. Fury hesitates as he reaches out to Coulson. "I-Shit..."

Coulson shakes his head.

"I understand you're angry and frustrated Nick, but don't take it out on us. That goes for Annabelle too." Coulson scolded.

Fury turns to Clint still hunched over on the floor. He holds his hand out. Clint sighs heavily and takes hold of his hand. Fury helps him up.

"Jeez, Fury you punch like a boxer." Clint said still holding his gut.

"I'm sorry...To both of you. Fury hangs his head as he slides down to the floor. "I've been a pretty shit dad haven't I?" He questioned.

"Sir, with all do respect, yes." Clint told. "I know Annabelle is your baby, but you have been real harsh about how she's been feeling. I know you're doing what you think is best, but it's not. It's hurting both of you."

"He's right Nick." Coulson added. "We've both been real assholes."

"Yeah...I was hoping that-I don't know what I was hoping for. The one thing I hated most was seeing her sad and I just was so blinded by that little boy-" His mind clicks. He looks up at the button panel. He quickly stands up and presses one of the buttons.

"Oh shit, don't tell me."

"What-oh no." Coulson sighed.

The three ride the elevator down to the prison floor. Fury tries to calm himself down at the thought that Annabelle either broke out Eli or something worse.

***************

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Randal and Annabelle sit in silence holding each other in the dark room. Annabelle can feel his heart beating through his chest.

"What are we going to do?" Annabelle asked softly. Randal thinks for a moment.

"We could...I don't know."

"What is it?"

"We could end it."

Annabelle sits up.

"End what?"

Randal sits up as well.

"Sooner or later your father will kill me. I don't him to take my life. If I'm going out, I'm going out my way."

Annabelle holds her head trying to make sense of what her husband just said.

"Randal..."She looks up at him. "Do you hear yourself?"

Randal holds her hands.

"Annabelle I'm sure of it. The day your father threw me in it was hell. I'm tired of the beatings and wondering every time he sets foot in here if he'll just put a bullet in my head. This is the one thing I can do, I'm not leaving here alive you know this."

Annabelle thinks to herself and sighs anxiously.

"Even if we do end it, how would we?" She questioned.

"I made a shiv. I've been working on it for a few weeks now." Randal pulls away and lifts up the raggedy mattress. He picks up a sharp and slightly rusted metal shiv hidden in the mattress.

Annabelle studies the shiv and starts to sweat.

"It won't be quick."

"...I know. The only quick way is the throat."

Annabelle stands up and starts to pace back and forth.

"Randal, as your wife, this isn't a good idea."

"Annabelle, please, if you love me you'll at least think it through." He pleaded.

"This is insane!"

"Okay, okay...just think about it for a minute."

"Randal, there is nothing to think about, I'm doing this and I'm not letting you go through with this."

"Then what am I supposed to do? I can't live like this."

"I'll figure something out." She holds out her hand. "Please give that to me. I don't want you holding it."

Randal looks at her hand and see's some scars on her wrist. Annabelle notices and switches arms.

"Are those new?" His tone sounds a mixture of concern and mocking.

"No, they're not."

Randal reluctantly hands Annabelle the knife. She slides it into her back pocket and continues to pace back and forth. A few moments of silence go by and Randal grows anxious and irritated. Before he can say anything a loud slam scares the troubled couple. It's Fury, Coulson and Clint. Randal stands up and steps in front of Annabelle.

"Randal, let me talk to him."

He shakes his head.

"I'm not letting him take you away from me. Not again."

Annabelle places her hand on his shoulder to ease him. She steps in front of him and pats his shoulder again.

"It's okay, let me handle this this." Annabelle turns but Randal immediately grabs her arm with some force. She gasps.

"Annabelle-"

"Let. Go. Of. My. Arm. Now!" She demanded.

Randal glares into her eyes. Normally they make his heart melt, but now he just feels a coldness from them. He loosens his grip and Annabelle yanks her arm away. She shuffled her way to her father clenching her fist.

"Dad, before you say anything-"

"I'm sorry Annabelle."

Annabelle is taken back.

"What?"

"I fucked up. I fucked up a lot. When I held you for the first time I wasn't ready to be a dad, but I promised that I would do anything I needed to do for you. And I ended up hurting you."

Both Fury and Annabelle's eyes start to water.

"I should've listened to you about your feelings. I thought I was protecting you from getting hurt. You're my baby girl, my little sweet pea. I wanted to protect you, but I ended up hurting you and I feel so, so shitty. I should've been a better dad and I'm sorry." Fury confessed with tears running down his face.

Annabelle wipes her eyes. Fury noticed the engagement ring.

"Please tell me that's a promise ring."

Annabelle chuckles through her tears.

"...we'll talk about it." Annabelle sighs heavily. "I love you dad and I accept your apology." She tearfully smiled.

"I'll open the door, it'll take a minute for the device to come of." Annabelle pushes a few buttons on the device.

"Annabelle."

She pauses.

"Say whatever you need to say to...him over there. I won't hurt him anymore, but it'll be a while until we sort this out." Fury told.

Annabelle nods her head.

"I understand." She finishes entering the disarm code.

She shuffles her way towards Randal with tears running down and his eyes are bloodshot. His body looks tense.

"...belle-please." He cried.

She caresses his cheek and wipes his tears away.

"I love you...I love you so much, that'll never change."

Randal gazes at her longingly. They both embrace each other for one last hug.

"Belle...please don't leave me here alone." He cried.

"I'm sorry, but at least for now you'll be okay. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I need you to stay patient with me. Please." She pleaded. Annabelle looks into his sad eyes.

"I love you...so much." He cried softly.

She buries her face into his shoulder and holds him tight.

"You are truly the best thing that's ever happened to me." He confessed. She pulls him in for a painful kiss goodbye.

"I know." She cried softly. The device unlocks and falls off the door. Fury scans his card and the door slowly slides open.

"Goodbye...for now."

Annabelle's hand slowly leaves Randal's cold cheek as she turns away. As her finger leaves his face he quickly grabs her by the neck and pulls out the shiv from her pocket. Before she could react Randal, her husband, digs the knife into her neck and slices it open. Fury shoved his way into the room and goes to cradle his daughter. Coulson and Clint draw their guns. Eli has his arms open and drops the shiv onto the floor. He tilts his head back embracing what comes next. Coulson shoots Randal twice in his chest and Clint takes the kill shot right between the eyes. Coulson rushes next to Fury and Annabelle. Clint kneels down next to them ready to help while Coulson is putting pressure on her neck.

"Shit! No, no, no , no!" Fury gasped.

"Clint-!"

"I'm on it." Clint takes over while Coulson talks into his earpiece.

"Emergency! Send Medical to the prison holding, now!"

Fury holds his daughter in his arms as she desperately gasps for air. He tries to rock her.

"Da-daddy!" She cried out.

"Don't-It's okay baby girl. Just look at me alright?!" He panicked.

Annabelle continues to cry and gasp in pain. She spits up blood.

"I-love...you."

"I love you too baby girl it's okay, help is..."

Annabelle's crying stops. Clint feels he body temperature drop to a eerie chill. Her body turns cold as her father holds her. Clint lets go of her neck and his bloody hands start to tremble. Coulson's knees start to buckle and he collapses onto the floor. Fury holds her closer hoping for a miracle.

"Ann-Annabelle, baby girl don't do this to me. Annabelle-please..." The tears start to fall on her face with no reaction. Her lifeless eyes are at half mass as blood slowly continues to spill out from her neck and mouth. Fury holds his lifeless daughter in his arms and lets out a blood curdling scream echoing through the halls.

*
*
*
*
*
*

Annabelle Nicole Fury

Age: 24

Cause of death: Betrayal and a shiv to the throat.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

**
**
**
**

Writers Note:

Hi guys, so this is the end of Annabelle's story. I know, I know y'all are probably going back and reading the last paragraph like
"No..no-what?! NO!"
I started this story many years ago back in high school. At first it was an English assignment for my senior year to use certain vocabulary words for a short story, and I took that short story and made it into 31 parts. Honestly I didn't even think I would make more than 15 or 25.
Who knows maybe someone at Marvel will read this (probably not but who knows) and it'll be the next Disney Plus series. One can hope. It's been a long road, but I appreciate and love the thousands of you who find my stories and read them. And shout out to all my foreign readers and followers. With that being said thank you I love you and I'll see you in the next story. Be on the lookout for something mischievous.

BUH BYE!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

109K 3K 18
Warning: This was my first book, it's so bad. Read at your own risk. Needs a lot of editing!! 😂😅 My name is Maddison Stark-Nicole. And yes I did j...
10K 428 41
Adopted daughter of genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist Tony Stark and sister to the famous capsicle Steve Rogers. Annabelle had the worl...
45K 888 21
Steve finds out he has a daughter after years of Natasha's been gone. Will she tell him the truth or will his mistakes be the end of their family. Ro...
273K 7.1K 23
What if Clint and Natasha had a kid? What if only iron man, agent coleson, and fury knew about her? But what happens if she wasn't really their ki...