Saving Melanie Deen

Par ali_cher

"That's the funny thing, though. Loving me is a death sentence, isn't it?" *** Melanie Deen's world consisted... Plus

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 18

232 12 0
Par ali_cher

"We look like hookers" Quinn fixed her skirt as she stared at herself in the mirror."Classy hookers" She added, shrugging. I snorted, slapping her butt with little force. Can 'classy' and 'hooker' even be a combo?

"They think we're stupid little girls. They think we can't play their own game. But they're wrong" I shrugged. To be honest I didn't know what that attitude was or what the hell I was doing. Perhaps, I uncovered a new side of me?

She bit her lip, grinning at me."I must say, this is exciting!"

"It is! We're the shit!" I encouraged, slipping into a body-tight dress. It was blood red. Should I repeat? Red. Yeah, not a color I usually wore.

"Wow!" Quinn whistled, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I blushed and walked up to the mirror in my hooker dress and black heels. Is that...me? I always wore a leather skirt with a low cut v-neck to work...and that already seemed quite revealing. But this...This is no flouncy skirt and top. This is every curve of my body on display. Everything I never show off... on display. For everyone's eyes to see.

"I don't know if I can pull this off" I managed to say. She scoffed and fixed the back of my hair, separating the freshly curled strands."No, seriously" I turned to look at her, biting the inside of my cheek. A habit I thought I rid myself of.

She waved me off, shaking her head."Don't be stupid!"

I pressed my lips into a thin line, gathering my thoughts. I thought I could do it. I thought I could put everything aside and just be young. I really thought I could go through with my plan. But seeing what I saw in the mirror...I realized that it wasn't me. It was someone else.

I was always the grey, tiny mouse that no one noticed. I like to blend in with the background. I never drew attention to myself. So what the hell am I doing?

"Okay, stop!" Quinn waved a hand in front of my face, snapping her fingers to bring me back to reality."I can literally see the panic in your eyes"

I huffed, falling onto my bed.

Ethan wasn't home and I was honestly not surprised. He seemed completely fine with the random girl at the diner. But something in me thought he'd come home anyway. I thought he'd talk me out of going to this stupid party. Why did I think that? I don't know. None of it made any sense to me whatsoever.

"You look amazing, Mel" Quinn sat down next to me."Like, 'model material' amazing"

I shook my head, eyes brimming with tears for no apparent reason. I said it once to Ethan and I'll always say it. I will never feel that way about myself.

"Seriously, Mel" She tried again.

"I don't see it" I shrugged. I see my father...I see my mother. I don't see me. I see years of abuse.

"Wait here" She sprung up and disappeared in the closet for a few seconds. I didn't have much, so I couldn't possibly know what she was thinking of finding in there.

She appeared, hands behind her back."I think this will help you feel more comfortable" She winked. I shrugged, waiting for her to show me.

She put a black leather jacket over my shoulders and clapped excitedly. I got up and stared at the mirror."I guess it covers me a little..." I mumbled. She nodded, patiently waiting for my verdict.

"Fine. We're still going" I sighed.

"Yes!" She cheered, grabbing her clutch and slipping her nude heels on. She looked gorgeous. She was wearing a satin black skirt along with a nude strapless top and nude heels.

"You look amazing" I smiled.

"Why thank you, my fellow beauty" She winked, shoving my clutch into my hands."Now let's go before the dang party is over!"

I groaned, taking one last look in the mirror. Those two assholes better be there.

***

I stepped out of Quinn's car, looking up at the huge house in front of me. There were people all around it. It was literally bursting with drunk and high teens. Not exactly my kind of vibe, but why the hell not? It was for a good cause...right?

"Promise me you won't leave me alone" I whispered to Quinn as we walked towards the door.

"I promise" She whispered back, squeezing my hand. I took a breath of air and we walked into the house. Immediately, Ethan blocked my vision with his chest. What the hell? Was he guarding the damn door until we got here? I looked up to see his enraged green eyes, then spotting Trent's annoyed brown eyes right behind him.

"I didn't think you two were really stupid enough to actually come to this tool's party" Ethan spoke, his voice cold.

"Funny how we knew you both were stupid enough to be here" I flashed him a bitchy smile, making Quinn giggle."It would be a miracle if Ethan Summers missed a party full of desperate whores" I added. His jaw ticked and he walked off without another word. Trent looked at Quinn intently before following Ethan into the kitchen.

"Talk about passion..." Quinn whistled, totally not noticing Trent's stare. I waved her off and we made our way to the drinks. 

She poured herself a drink and downed it straight away."I guess I'm driving" I laughed.

She shook her head, grabbing my glass and pouring vodka into it."No honey, we're walking our asses home tonight. I need you to relax, so drink up babe!"

I raised my eyebrows but took the glass anyway. I guess that's fine with me. Unexpectedly, a hand wrapped around me from behind and I almost choked on the vodka.

"Hey, baby" Ricky slurred into my ear. I looked at him, only to see smears of red lipstick all over his neck and face. Wow.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Ethan chatting up two girls by the door. Why get mad at me then? I turned to look at him and he rolled his eyes at me. Right, cool.

I averted my attention back to Ricky, cringing at his drunken state.
"Bye, baby" I laughed, awkwardly.

He furrowed his eyebrows, confused."What I do?"

I poured myself and Quinn drinks, giving her a secret look. She winked and sprung into action, making me grin from ear to ear. It was a nice feeling, knowing that someone understands you. All those years of support group really did bring people closer, huh?

"Bitch, get outta here! You're covered in some other hoe's slobber. My sexy girl here...doesn't need your shitty presence!" She made a face at him and pushed him into a dancing crowd, where he disappeared. Hopefully, forever.

I laughed to myself, before taking a tiny sip of vodka and gagging at the taste. I prefer whiskey.

"I should be a bouncer in that bar you work at" Quinn huffed, leaning against the table.

I nodded, thinking about it for a moment."That would make work a lot more fun"

She downed another shot glass and I raised my eyebrows at her."What?" She asked, pouring another."I want to have fun" She dismissed me. Fair enough.

"Don't get wasted. I'm not going to drag you home" I took a sip, ignoring the bitter taste. Never thought I'd say this, but maybe I need to chase this with something...

She made a face and mocked the way I sipped the vodka."Fine, Mom"

"Hey, ladies"

I turned my head to see Noah. He was evidently high and he wasn't even trying to hide it. Quinn turned away, rolling her eyes. "Ladies" He repeated himself, swaying slightly. I bit back a giddy laugh. Look at Quinn! Such a bad bitch, acting all cold and confident! Maybe this was a good idea after all.

He really thought we'd come here for them? We came here to have fun. Also, to spark some jealousy...but that wasn't important."Noah, I think you're a little too high to talk to me right now. You know how I feel about that" Quinn shrugged, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with her.

"That was smooth" I admitted as she pulled me through the crowds of drunken dancing people.

"Oh I know" She laughed before pulling the DJ down so that she could whisper something in his ear. How rich is this Noah kid? He has a fucking DJ.

Suddenly, Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous started blasting through all the speakers in the house and my mouth dropped to the floor. Quinn squealed as she ran over to me. She grabbed my jacket off my shoulders and threw it at the DJ, earning us a disapproving glare.

I gaped at her.

"Mel, feel the fuuuuucking music" She waved her hips around, pulling me with her. Yep, she's had enough booze already. Nevertheless, I moved to the music with her. I couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh at how happy she looked in the moment. And if I was honest, in that moment, I could say I also felt happy."Fuck it!" I cheered.

We danced through the song, syncing ourselves to memories of the music video. It gave us crazy old school vibes, sending us into wild mode. We forgot about all the shit we've been through, completely letting it all go just for that one freaking dance. And it felt so damn good."Mel, I never thought you're one of those!" Quinn shrieked, taking in my skilled club moves. I had my fair share of clubbing over the years. Illegal, because I was and still am underage, but oh well. It was a bad time, and I needed a distraction.

"What are you talking about?" I smirked, going down low and bringing it back up like it was my fucking job. She whistled loudly, pretending to fan herself. "You're one of the hot girls!" She wiggled her eyebrows."I'd become a lesbian for you, hot momma"

I laughed hysterically, clutching my stomach.

"It's true. I definitely would" She shrugged, right before jumping into the dance with me.

Sadly, two hands pulled me away from Quinn and all of a sudden I was being carried to the kitchen. I tried to see who it was but my hair was in the way. Not that I need to see the face. I already knew who it was, just by looking down at his tattoos.

He placed me down and I rolled my eyes, turning around to give him my pissed off glare."Was that necessary? I was having fun" I pouted, trying my best not to slur the words.

He clenched his jaw and poured a drink for himself."Yes, it was necessary. You were acting like a...like a..." He struggled to find the right words.

I poured a glass of whiskey for myself, knowing what he was getting at."Like a what? Come on. Say it!" I shouted in his face, decreasing the space between us. He gritted his teeth, staring deep into my eyes.

"Come on! You've said it before, why get shy now?" I smiled, cynically. He made me sick. His constant mood swings, his neverending gloomy behavior, the way he wanted to control my every move...it all made me sick.

With that, I flipped him off and made my way back to Quinn with a glass of whiskey in my hand."What's his deal?" Quinn wondered, pausing her slutty dance moves to pick her shot glass of vodka up from the floor.

"He thinks he owns me" I gritted my teeth, trying not to let his stupidity get to me. But it still got to me. Who am I kidding?

"Heck no!" She shook her head, swaying her hips drunkenly. I downed my whiskey and took her shot glass. She watched me down her vodka, eyes big enough to fall out of their sockets. I shivered from the wild mix of alcohol traveling down my throat.

"What are you waiting for? Let's give them something to look at" I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.  She gaped, nodding slowly. Let's get this party started, shall we?

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.7M 118K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
455K 13K 40
[[✨COMPLETED✨]] • We both inched closer and closer until our lips were brushing against each other like some sort of tease. But before we could go a...
4.7K 320 59
Omg I'm going to die! "I can't! Jesus! I'm not going down there" "Oh come on Rue, it's not even that way down". I turned to look at those hazel eyes...
61.8K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...