Caged In

By AnnSearle

A day trip to a local wildlife refuge was Cage's last idea for a date with a female. Being dragged into it by... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 12

3.2K 134 20
By AnnSearle

Frozen in my place at the sight of her, I cannot move, can’t speak. I’m trying to stop from breaking my teeth with the pressure applied form grounding them down onto each other. My anger boils to combustion. What is she thinking coming here? She will destroy the small bond I have already managed to create with Sophia.

Kirsten walks forward with a cheerful bounce to her step completely ignoring the anger I know she can sense coming from me. “Hey, Cage.” She bats her lashes with a sense of flirtation in her voice. I have to remind myself punching females is frowned upon in our pack. The wolf puts out his threatening tone that I have to cover with a continuous coughing fit.

I can feel Sophia’s hand on my back, fingers spread open trying to cover as much space while she moves it firmly against me. “Hotshot, you okay?” She asks concern etching its marks in her features. I can’t stop my cover yet I’m still trying to gain control. Kirsten’s voice interrupts us with its offensive pitch, “Oh, sorry, didn’t see you standing there.” She fakes a sweet tone while looking down at Sophia.

My coughing gets worse.

Sophia doesn’t miss a beat, giving Kirsten a once over before dismissing her completely. “Let’s get you a drink before you choke and I have to give you CPR.” She directs her attention back to me. Nodding I follow her to her clinic while Kirsten trails behind us. Glaring back at her over my shoulder she has her head bowed looking at her hands clasped together in front of her.

The building is cold when we walk in, she goes straight to the fridge to get me a bottle of water. Handing it to me I let our fingers touch, lingering while I tell her thanks. She gets slightly flustered at the feel of sparks sent through her, I can see the electricity flash through her storming eyes. For a moment the world fades while we just gaze at one another until Kirsten once more interrupts us. Her very presence offends me.

She clicks her tongue “thanks for the help Stephanie, let’s go Cage you have to show me around, you know, so I can get to know things.” She steps into my bubble with intent, I can’t show her my intent and she is using that to her advantage.

I can feel the energy around Sophia shift to green, she is chewing the inside of her cheek and breathing deeply in and out through her nose while she glares at Kirsten. Her blink is long before forcing a smile. “Actually since Cage is still new here he can’t show you around, but you are more than welcome to join us today. He is assigned here for the day to help me with my paperwork and anything else I may need him to do for me since his guide isn’t here today. Names Sophia.” Her voice drips with sincerity and I almost believe she means it. Almost. The overload of tension in the air is getting to the point of aggression. If Sophia was one of us she would have already torn Kirsten’s jugular from her neck. Her aura is overwhelming me. The wolf is drinking it in, he is fully hers. I can’t stop my tongue from licking my lips, I never thought I would feel this kind of power coming from her. Kirsten must feel it as well because she slants her head down in submission with a small nod and meekly states “okay”.

Sophia raises her lip in a slanted smile, “great,” she responds before turning away and moving to her filing cabinet. Fuck. My eyes hone in on every inch they can consume of her body, the urge to show her our appreciation mixes with the powerful need to dominate. My pants feel constricted. Groaning I have to turn towards the wall, chugging the water to quench the rising thirst.

Unsatisfied.

I hear the thud of stacked papers drop on the table before she begins to order Kirsten around. “Come on Hotshot you are helping me with something else.” She beckons me with her finger while she walks to the back room. I’m okay with following behind while my eyes travel down.

Fuck.

“Wow. I wish punching volunteers wasn’t discouraged ’round here.” She is chewing on her cheek again while she opens and shuts cabinet doors roughly. My little Spitfire.

"See what I have been dealing with all week?” I can feel the tension start to dissipate from her. The seclusion is refreshing.

“I pity you. Didn’t you say the other one is worse?” She remembers from our texts I brought up Cheyenne. I can’t help smiling, she read what I said and remembered. My skin heats, I’m feeling like a juvenile again.

“Yeah. She can be.” I scratch the back of my neck. “So what do you want me to do? Said I needed to do some things for you.” I know Kirsten can hear us out there, as much as I would love to let loose how I really feel, I can’t.

Sophia mumbles under her breath while her back is turned to me. She assumes I can’t hear her. ′A few things.′ She turns back around a slight blush to her cheeks "Well nothing actually I just had to get us away from her but since we are back here.” She looks me over, lightning zips and sparks across her eyes. “I need to do inventory for the month so I can make my orders. Think you can help me.” The heat grows on her neck but she turns back to the counter to grab paper and a pen.

Oh, I can help you anytime.

"Sure thing.” Giving her a sly grin she sticks out her tongue at me. Fuck. Opening the cabinet door I try and breath in any fresh air. The tension has shifted and our smells are mixing in the air between us as the bond weaves us into an inseparable knot.

Time passes quickly before my stomach growls and we head to lunch. Kirsten is still going through the massive stack Sophia gave her. “Are you sure this needs to be done? It all seems to be in order to me.” The fury in her Amber eyes is more like a winter breeze, its bite dies down the longer you stand in it. My mates eyes will crash and slam you in their storm, wrecking you on the jagged rocks hidden in their depths.

Opening the door wide the wind blows in sending the papers to fly through the air. “I’m positive. That needs to be organized.” Sophia tells her with a chuckle. Closing the door behind me she laughs louder. “That was a happy accident,” she tells me, “I finished that paperwork last week. Mind driving into town for lunch today?” She asks me with a brilliant smile I can’t help but fall for.

“Let’s go, lead the way.” Send a wink and a smile back her way. She gladly takes the lead. Giving me directions we go back to the same diner Scott and I had gone to. Making our way to a corner booth for privacy we give our drink orders to the waitress. Sophia’s smile hasn’t faltered this whole time. I burn the memory of it into my mind; I’d give her anything she wanted if she asked me with that smile. Lips full, pulled back to reveal her pearls. It has a slight slant on the right side. Small dimples poke inward. This is the longest time I have been able to watch it. The drinks come and I can’t help put to gulp half of mine down, the thirst is growing.

We make quick food orders. Copying hers by ordering a burger and fries, she also orders a small shake for the side for her own. “Hungry?” I ask her with a small chuckle.

“It’s for dipping my fries.” She deadpans.

“Dipping your fries?” Raising my brow to her, it’s such an odd way to eat fries.

She giggles while covering her mouth. “I’m chubby okay, don’t judge me. Winter is coming and I need the extra chub.” She teases.

“You aren’t fat Sophia and I’m not judging.” She is squeezing her lemon wedge into her water giving me a whatever look. Does she really think that of herself? Her curves drive me crazy, I love her how she is.

“I didn’t say fat you ass I said chubby, fluffy.” She counters, wiggling her eyebrows while sipping her straw.

“Fluffy in all the right places.” Sipping from my straw slow.

She sputters her water before grabbing a napkin and covering her mouth. “Oh my God Hotshot, I can see why you chugged your drink. Down boy.” She jokes and laughs. She has no idea. I wiggle my own eyebrows and she bursts. The waitress returns with our food giving Sophia a look like she has a second head.

“Anything else?” Her voice is monotone, annoyance evident in it.

“No.” I match her tone.

Sophia is already popping a fry in her mouth and reaching for another to dip. She holds it out to me “try it” she orders while the shake starts its descent down the fry to touch the tip of her finger. Leaning forward I am more than happy to obey, taking it between my teeth right to her finger letting my lips encase her soft skin. “Delicious,” I tell her while licking my lips. I want another taste of her, that little tease of a sample isn’t enough.

She looks at me dazed before composing herself. Flames lick the skin of her face. We eat quietly stealing glances of one another from time to time. Watching my hand bring a fry to my mouth she pulls her eyes quickly away focusing on my arm. “So your tattoo, is it your whole arm or just a few here and there?” She asks.

Looking down at my arm animal eyes look back, greenery and furs mixing to form the sleeve of ink. “The whole arm,” I tell her looking back her way. “You have any more,” pointing to her hand, “noticed the finger one.” Trying to stay with the topic.

“Yea.” Looking at it she smiles with a soft laugh, “it is my brother’s name, so I’m always telling him off. I also have a dream catcher in the center of my shoulder blades and a fairy on my foot. I want to get more. So is yours all animal scenery like that? Have any more?” Her eyes light up, she likes ink I can tell.

“Yes, I use to sit out back while my grandfather did yard work and draw in my journal. When he passed I got it all tattooed on me.” Lifting up my sleeve I show her the artwork that can be shown.

“You drew all of this?” She reaches over softley skimming a finger over my forearm. “I didn’t know you were an artist.” She has no idea how many times I have sketched her in my book trying to perfect every inch to match the real image of her. Pointing out the animals as I remember drawing them, telling her the stories behind each one. I can see the one of my grandfather chopping wood and rub my thumb over it.

“I’m sorry Cage.” She says softly.

“It’s fine, it was years ago,” telling her as I bring my shirts sleeve back down my arm.

“Still hurts though. I understand. My mom passed away ten years ago. I still miss her.” She tells me while working a fry in her ice cream. The atmosphere between us has taken a deep dive downward.

“So can I see your tattoos. Wouldn’t mind that back one.” It’s hard to lighten the mood but she goes with it anyway. Giving me a smile. “Not a chance.” She answers eating her fry slow before licking her fingers and winking.

Getting back Kirsten is nowhere to be found and the paperwork still lays sprawled out everywhere. Sophia curses under her breath as she bends down to pick them up, I join her and we both pick it up and she puts it in the bottom drawer of her desk. She isn’t happy.

Deciding to walk around and check the animals I spot Kirsten speaking with someone, crying. Seeing us he stomps our way. “What a bitch” I hear her mutter out. She crosses her arms and taps her foot on the ground. Wayne was right she isn’t as intimidating when she does this, it’s adorable. I can picture a little female mimicking it.

Focus.

“Who is that?” I ask her.

“My boss.” She seethes.

What?

“Sophia I need to speak with you, now!” He is fuming. His large head is red, even his bald spot is tinted in the crimson colouring. She follows him back to the main staff building while Kirsten comes to stand directly in front of me, a scowl on her face.

“Take me back to the pack lands.” She demands of me.

“Take yourself back!” My voice is raising. “What are you going to do, cry to Cheyenne and Scott? Go ahead. I don’t give a fuck anymore, I don’t care about you or what Cheyenne has to say. Luna or not she can’t force me to take a mate, I have rights. Why would I ever choose you? Especially after today. You’re fucking nuts!” I can’t hold back anymore, what do I have to lose anymore?

“It’s not like that Cage. We are trying to help you.” The tears are welling in her eyes. I laugh hard.

“Help me?” My shoulders shake with my laughter. “You want to help yourselves. I’m sorry you lost your mate young and you missed out but what you are doing is wrong.” Narrowing my eyes on her standing to my full height.

“She’s a human, it’ll never work.” She matches my stance, trying to make herself bigger.

“So what? That’s not your choice to make, is it?” My anger can no longer be contained, I want to cause her harm, the wolf readys under the surface. “What would you do if it was your mate? How would you feel? Having some female butting in trying to steal your very soul, demanding he be with her because she thinks she’s better than you. How would you feel?” Yelling my question again she slants down pressing her lips together. Tears start to descend down her cheeks. “You should be ashamed of yourself. What would he think of you acting like this?” She looks away from me, my truth hurts her.

The wolf wants out to put this bitch in her place, I have to walk away before he does just that. I’ll wait for Sophia outside instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 15K 43
C̶l̶i̶c̶h̶e̶ 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲!! ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱᵗˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰʸ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵒᵐᵉᵍᵃ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵐᵃᵗᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇⁱᵍ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵃˡᵖʰᵃ? ʷᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘᵛᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗ...
10K 271 25
It was cold. So cold. My skin and body was numb, I shivered. My skin was purple, the once puddles on my floor almost like a pool. My cell was complet...
357K 20.4K 62
Bitten by a stranger she was trying to rescue, June realizes she is turning into a werewolf. An alluring man named Dom promises to help her as long a...
467K 23.7K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...