Words left unsaid

By vanessa505

We all sometimes regret, we all make mistakes. we sometimes keep it bottled up inside of ourselves. we someti... More

Words Left Unsaid
Chapter:1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter:4
Chapter:5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8
Chapter:9 part:1
Chapter:9 part:2
Chapter:10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter::23
Epilogue:Here's to never leaving words left unsaid

Chapter:20

27 4 0
By vanessa505

why does everyone keep asking me this?!, we are just friends, that's all” I said sternly

we just ask you to put the date on your presentation, are you alright ms. Colt?” Stephanie said.

I clear my throat and look at the steel clock to see it was still 1:10p.m. I nodded and continue with the presentation of the upcoming crowns hotel in London. After I finish showing them the rates and the financial requirement. The meeting was finally over. I close the power-point and place my laptop in it's case. I look up as I saw frank was still sitting. I grab the case and walk over to him. I tap his shoulder and he jump in his chair. He chuckle and rub his face.

well that was an awesome presentation, you had some good points, I’m glad I chose you” he said

thanks anyway don't forget tonight's date at 8” I reminded him.

He chuckle “wouldn't miss it for the world” he said

I look at him as his chest was rising up and down fast. He kept on rubbing his hair and look down.

frank, are you okay?” I ask him

yeah I can't believe it's July 20th already” he chuckle.

yeah this week has went by fast,but it will go by faster if we work and preoccupy ourselves” I said.

like you and that writer” he chuckle.

I gulp as I remember the headlines, I wonder why didn't Nathan tell me?, I could ignore it it could be another rumor, he must have been on a business lunch, yeah that's right.

Michelle?” a voice ask.

But a person wouldn't kiss his business, I mean I haven't seen him for long years, he could've have a girlfriend between the years, I’ll be okay with that I mean we are so not together, we could have been. My mind start to drift to that day. Stop going back there, he has moved on, I have too, so why do I feel like crying?

are you okay?” that voice ask again.

I am okay, physically I am, I can accept the fact that Nathan dating, I mean I got married, yeah let's just keep our back straight, head held high, and tone voice. I'm okay, I’m okay, I’m-

My phone ring tone blast off and not just any ring tone Nathans oh shit. I snap out of my thoughts and jump as I saw frank.

are you okay?, I have been saying your name for-

The ring tone replayed it's song, I smile sheepishly at frank and lower it to silent.

sorry I was still calculating the finance in my head” I lied.

oh don't worry your pretty little heads, there are other people to do that, now sit take a little break, I wanna chat with you” he said.

but the-

the work can hold for five minutes, so how are you?” he ask me.

I pull a chair back and sat down, I flatted my dress and clear my throat.

I’m doing fine, now what are you going to wear for your date tonight?” I ask him.

a monkey suit, now what's wrong?, you only try to change topic, when your sad” he said.

I’m fine” I said.

He sigh “Michelle does this have to do with Nathan in the newspaper?” he ask me

My breathing stop and I look away from him. Remember head high and back straight, I remind myself, don't let this affect you, show no emotion or weakness.

that have nothing to do with me, that's Nathan life” I said

your right, it doesn’t, but why are you still affect by that?, you should tell Nathan, tell him your feelings, I know-

we are just friends, nothing more” I stated.

okay let' go with friends, you should still tell him” he sigh.

I watch as frank lower his eyes and saw a hint of sadness. I put on a fake smile, I didn't want to pour everything on him, I mean he shouldn't be worrying about me, he should be worrying about his date tonight.

your right, as friends we can tell each other how we feel, now I'm going to think of way to tell him” I lied, but made my voice energetic.

that's great can i-

I’m sorry frank,but you have your date tonight, I don't want you to get distracted” I said

okay cool call me to let me know how the talking went” he said.

I nodded and stay in the seat as he left the board room. I sigh and felt my phone vibrate. I groan and turn it on. I scroll through the miss calls and messages. I sigh as I read over one message, that made me want to cry.

Did I say or do something wrong chellie?

I shook my head and clear my throat. I walk out the board room down the hall toward the woman’s locker room. I sat on a bench and reply to Nathan.

No I’m just really confuse about somethings, I just want peace for a little while I type back.

Oh, just don't do that you had me worried, I was about to ram your front door down he message.

What!, please tell me you didn't break anything:O I reply back.

Nope just that ugly welcome mat:)

Hey that was a present>;( I type back.

Well whoever gave you that must have been delusional and crazy he type back

Should I put you into a mental institute?, you brought me that when you were 17 I message him

Oh yeah I told you that in 20 years, we'll be laughing at it as we bury it into a time capsule he type back

Yeah and I’m still not laughing;) I message him

Duh, it's not 20 years yet he message me.

I wish it was sigh I message him

gasp miss chellie you do not mean that, quick hurry up and get over here, I’m dying from heartbreak” he message me.

You'll be fine:) I message him

No I won't unless we bury it at our place he message me.

I halt my fingers as I read over his message, he wants us to go back and bury the carpet, but I haven't been their for 10 years, who knew what we would find or read, if we go back, no I couldn't risk him knowing, how I feel, I have to get the letter out of there now, before he digs it up and sees it. What if he doesn’t like me too?, I rather take it with me to my grave, I rather words left unsaid, then ruining our friendship. My phone vibrate again. I sigh and open up the message

What do you say?, I can't do this without you, together? He message me.

I swallow my saliva, I didn't want to hurt him again

Fine let's set up a date, how about on august,20? I message him.

Are you kidding?! He message me.

Oh come, on, we'll feel like we're back in high school please naty!^^ I message him

fine chells:) he message me.

I scowl at the nickname and sent him a message saying we will talk later. I made another call to set up a flight to Florida for this Saturday. I had to get the letter and bury the capsule back. I mean how hard is it to get a letter?. He'll never know I mean what he doesn’t know won't hurt him. He'll be able to date and stuff.

All I’ll be doing is keeping him happy,everyone deserves a chance to be in love, he'll have his and I will still have mines that is to just be happy for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
425K 5.8K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...