Chapter:22

Nathan wait!” I ran over to him and grab his arm.

He shook his arm away from me and push me away.

I’m done waiting!, when were you going to tell me?, why did you keep this a secret?, how could you?!” he yell

I held back my tears and stare into his eyes trying to form a sentence. I walk toward him and cup his face.

I’m sorry, I just didn't want you to know, I didn't want you to be-

Mad!, well I’m not mad, I’m furious,! you as my best friend,should know I don't like secrets, you know how I felt, my heart broke and I try to patch it up,but I realize I couldn't”

for 10 years you kept that secret away from me,you wasn't even thinking of my feelings”he walk toward the front door and place his hand on the knob.

I bit the inside of my cheek and ignore the waterworks shedding. I ran over and grab his hand.

don't go, I can fi-

what can you fix?, you can't fix this, it's the past and you can't fix us” he spat and open the door and walk away.

I gulp and ran out the door to follow Nathan. “Nathan, Nathan, Nathan!,”Nat-

I gasp as I watch his body disappear. I shook my head and continue to run in the fog. I yell his name as I search for him. I wipe my tears and continue running. I inhale and exhale as I look around. I collapse onto the ground and try to exhale and inhale. I watch as the fog roll and roll. Everywhere fog. In the near distance, I heard voices. I got up slowly and follow the voices,but it seems like they were coming from everywhere. I continue walking till I saw the day. The day that I kept under lock and key,the day that broke us, the day that begin our new journey.

*********************************************************************************

I ran quickly up the white stairs heading toward the second floor. I flung open my bedroom door. I look at the time. I had 30 minutes till my parents reach home. I ran to the closet and grab the duffel bag. “only grab what you need”. I went into my dressers and grab all my undergarments ,tops,bottoms. I stuff everything in there. I went into my shoe closet and grab the shoes. I grab a comb and brush. I look around the room wonder what else I need. I ran into my bathroom and shove every female product in there. I reach for the key that was on top of my medicine cabinet hidden under a false tile.

I remove the mirror from my tile wall and press the key in. I grab all my emergency fund and place it into the bag. I zip up the bag and close the safe and place the mirror over it. I sent a text to Nathan that I’ll be at the train station in 20. I close the phone and ran downstairs. I halted my steps as I saw Mary and Harold. They look up at me and Harold cold eyes narrow toward my bag. I stay motionless as he walk up the stairs toward me.