Lynne

Von MissusSlimShady

Rin finally got her big break in the music industry, but stardom may not be all it's cut out to be. Rated M f... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 18

97 3 0
Von MissusSlimShady

 My parents didn't have much to bring with them in the first place, but they had reduced all of their belongings into only a few suitcases. Almost everything else they had donated, sold, or were in the process of shipping to their new home. Point being, we didn't have much to unpack, and Ia and I quickly found ourselves with a lot of free time on our hands. Grandma was a sweet as always, offering to take us around town to her favorite restaurants, but Mom and Dad didn't want her to leave the house in her state. She was still having trouble walking correctly, and it was painful to see.

So, to my parents delight, we were able to roam the ocean-side city at our own free will for hours at a time.

The Vocals texted me to check up on me, specifically Gumi and Luka, who constantly asked for pictures and updates. There were plenty of opportunities for fun pictures throughout the city. Ia was happy to pose with some statues to photograph for the others. We got more than our fair share of weird looks. And also, for the first time, our fair share of fans. I was surprised at how many people recognized me, frantically reaching into their purses, backpacks, pockets, looking for anything for me to sign.

"Where are my fans?" Ia asked after one such wave ended.

"Oh, whatever." My hands were covered in sharpie marks.

"Where to next?"

"Hm," I put the marker back in my bag, and rested my hands on my hips. "We did everything we wanted to do already, basically," I thought aloud. "Wanna go to the beach again?"

We were halfway done with our trip already, and I was ready to be back home. The beach was cool and all, but I missed my bed. I missed my guitar, and I missed my living room.

Len's living room, you mean. I frowned.

"Not really," Ia looked around the street. "There are just so many people."

"Yeah." What else was there to do in this town?

"Let's just walk until we find something," she suggested.

As much as I loved seeing my fans, I really hoped they would leave us alone on our little friend-date. That was unlikely to happen when we spent our entire day walking around a city of celebrity-hungry people. But, Ia insisted, so we did.

"There are so many hot guys here," Ia fawned, her eyes following a group of guys traveling down the sidewalk across the street from us.

My eyes were drawn to the buildings that towered over us. "Yeah," I said mindlessly. We were deep in the heart of this city, witnessing it at its peak hours. Cars honked, people walked briskly through the crowds, somewhere a dog was barking. It had been entertaining for the first few days. Now, I wanted nothing more than to hide in my apartment.

Len's apartment.

"Dude," Ia grabbed at my sleeve. "It would be so easy for you to get a dude in California."

I tore my gaze from the buildings to shoot her an amused look. "We can't just go buy them at the pet store, Ia."

"You basically can."

"What does that mean?"

"You're famous! You could, like, do anything."

I shook my head, still grinning at her droning. "Not really. I just sing."

"I bet you could walk into that Starbucks," she pointed across the street. "And get a free drink."

"I'm not trying."

"I bet you could get both of us free drinks."

Before I could respond, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I stared blankly at the screen.

"Who is it?" Ia asked, looking over my shoulder instead of waiting for an answer. She narrowed her eyes and gave me a sly smile. "Maybe you don't need a California dude."

It was another text from Len. He hadn't said anything to me since the night we arrived, not even answering my response. But here we were, four days later.

Once the shock of him talking to me passed, I frowned at Ia's joke. "I'd rather have a Cali guy. He's been being a dick to me lately."

"Len?" She started walking again.

I nodded, opening the text.

-How is it?

"Then why is he texting you?" Ia asked.

"I have no idea. I didn't exactly leave on great terms with him."

Ia bit her lip in thought. "Maybe that's why he's texting you." She jabbed me playfully in the side. "I bet he misses little Rinny!"

I recoiled away from her attack, laughing. "Fat fucking chance," I told her.

We fell into step with each other again.

"What should I say?"

"What did he say?"

"He just asked how everything's going."

"Tell him that you wake up every morning crying because he isn't there."

"You're so annoying."

She jumped in front of me, walking backwards. "And that's why you love me!"

"I guess."

"Ouch."

-Everything's fine.

I decided to keep it short. He still hadn't apologized for his bitchiness, and I wasn't about to forgive him for no reason.

He responded immediately.

-Why did you have to go there

My thumbs typed the message as I walked blindly. The sight of Ia out of the corner of my eye kept me walking straight.

-Parents are moving. Grandma isn't doing good.

-Im sorry

I furrowed my brow at the text.

"What is he saying?" Ia asked.

"I told him about Grandma and he said sorry. What's wrong with this kid?"

"I told you," my friend responded. "He misses his Rinny. If you had gone to Cali without me, I'd be texting you nonstop, too."

-It's okay. She'll be better with my parents here.

-You won't miss them?

-I will. But it's better for them here.

His response took longer than the rest. I tried to picture Ia's prediction; imagining Len sitting alone in the apartment with the TV off, kitchen spotless, silent except for the padding of his fingers on the screen. The picture seemed ridiculous in my head.

My phone vibrated again.

-When are you coming home

"Home?" I said out loud. Last time I checked, it was 'Len's apartment.'

"What?" Ia was checking out another group of guys before I spoke.

"He asked me when I'm coming home."

She grinned. "I'm not even gonna say anything anymore."

-A couple days.

-Okay

I wanted to ask him if something was wrong, but it seemed strangely personal to ask him outright.

-How are things there?

-Fine

I locked my phone, sliding it back in my pocket. He still didn't seem like talking, obviously.

"You lovebirds done?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

He texted me the next day, too. And the one after that. And then the next. Our conversations were nearly identical every day, and never lasted longer than ten minutes, but they were consistent. It weirded me out, but Ia seemed thrilled by it. She never failed to grin devilishly at me whenever my phone rang.

The night before we left, I was packing the rest of my things into my duffle bag. The rest of the house was silent except for the constant drone of the ancient computer next to me. The lamp next to my futon was my only source of light, and it definitely wasn't as bright as it once was.

My phone was sitting on the desk when it rang. I figured it was Luka responding to Ia and I's running picture, but alarm shot up in me when I saw it was Len. And he wasn't texting, he was calling.

I tried to remember the last time, if ever, we had talked on the phone. Luka's night, I remembered, hearing his panicked voice in my memory. What could be going on now?

"Hello?" I asked, not masking the concern in my voice.

"Hey." He was calm, maybe even calmer than I had ever heard.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing."

Did he just stutter? "Okay..." I trailed off, weirded out by the whole situation. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

I sat on the edge of my bed. He's lying. Something's wrong. "How is everyone?"

"They're fine."

The only way I'd be able to figure this out would be to skirt around it until he said something. "You've been hanging out with them?"

"...Not really."

"Why not?"

"I dunno. I kinda just don't wanna leave the house."

"Why not?"

"I dunno."

Yes you do, idiot. "Have you seen any of them?"

"Gumi brought me McDonald's yesterday."

Even though he was clearly upset about something, I had to smile at his poor excuse. "What a nice friend."

He chuckled, too. "Yeah. Got me the wrong thing, though."

"Len, are you sure you're okay? You really sound-"

"I'm sorry for being a dick."

There it was. The S word again. "What?"

"I was being a dick for no reason before you left. And I'm sorry."

I was stunned beyond words. "It's okay," I faltered.

There was shuffling on his end. The image of him alone in the living room popped into my head again, seeming more plausible than it had previously. "I don't know why I said that stuff. It was stupid.

What a way with words, this boy has. "It's okay," I insisted. "Really."

"When are you coming back?"

It hit me like a train, the realization that it wasn't calmness I heard in his voice, but sadness. "Tomorrow," I answered quickly.

He sighed. "Okay."

"Um, are the others awake still?"

"I think so."

"Why don't you go hang out with them?"

"Why?"

"I'm sure that apartment has been lonely."

He didn't say anything. There was more shuffling.

"Are you going to?" I asked. I was staring at my almost-packed suitcase.

"...Maybe."

"Okay."

"What time does your plane land tomorrow?"

"Should be around three."

"Okay."

We sat on the line quietly for a few moments.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I finally told him.

"Yeah."

"Night, Len."

"Night."

The second I hung up the phone, I texted Miku.

-Favor.

As always, she had her phone within arms reach of her.

-What's up?

-Can you go check on Len for me?

-What? Why?

-We just had a really weird phonecall

-He just came downstairs. He seems fine.

I let out a sigh, letting my back fall onto the rough mattress.

-Okay. Thanks

-What's going on?

She was probably just as confused as I was.

-No idea. He just sounded like something was wrong

Miku didn't respond. I set my phone down, rubbing my eyes in exhaustion. I'd see them all together, so I saw no point in trying to talk to them anymore.

Deciding to leave the rest of the packing for the morning, I curled up onto the uncomfortable bed for one last night of poor sleep.

When the plane finally landed, I ready to go to bed again. People were standing, pulling their luggage out from the compartment above, and I stayed sitting. Ia was still passed out next to me, and she would no doubt be wide awake the second I touched her. I couldn't imagine it. Something about flying just exhausted me.

Even with our first-class seats, we were in the last group of people to get off the plane. I carried my huge bag on one shoulder, my purse on the other. I didn't remember my duffle bag weighing a hundred pounds when I brought it, but, in my jet-lagged state, it felt like I was carrying bricks.

"Where are they?" Ia asked, wheeling her suitcase gracefully behind her.

"We have to get... past security," I panted. "They're waiting in the lobby." Miku was picking us up. According to her texts, she had Meiko with her as well.

"You sound like you're dying."

"Gee. Thanks."

Not only was I still recovering from the emotional goodbye hugs of my family, but I was carrying this bag of rocks. I wanted nothing more than to collapse onto my new comforter.

We made our way through the airport, dodging late riders, kids, and falling luggage. I had nothing to claim, but we had to wait for Ia's other suitcase. It took its sweet time finding us, too.

Finally, we had made it to the lobby, where I instantly spotted Miku. She was pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. Meiko stood next to her, and the two chatted away. They clearly hadn't seen us yet.

What I didn't expect to see what Len, standing next to the girls, tapping his heel impatiently against the wall. He was the first one to see us, and the second we made eye contact, he was next to me.

"Need help?" He asked.

"I think I've got it-"

But he didn't listen. He grabbed the duffle off of my shoulder, and slung it across his back.

"There she is!" Miku yelled, pulling me into a hug. "Hey, Ia."

Ia waved. She had evolved from her starstruck habits, and could now hold conversations with my friends without drooling. It was quite the improvement.

"How was Cali?" Meiko asked.

"Hot. And crowded."

"Sounds awesome."

I shook my head. "I just want to go home."

Miku grinned. "Then let's get you guys home."

Len wasted no time in rushing out of the airport and into the parking lot. As we traversed the parking garage, I fell in step next to Miku. The other three walked far ahead of us. Len was still carrying my bag.

"He wouldn't let us leave without him," she whispered to me.

Len was acting so strangely kind to me that I had no idea how to respond. Holding doors open, not putting my bag down, asking me about my trip the entire drive home, everything. I wasn't the only one who noticed. Ia smirked at me until we drove away from her house, leaving her on the driveway. The other two grinned at each other as he plopped in the back seat next to me, switching with Meiko after we dropped off Ia.

"Do you guys want to hang with us tonight?" Miku asked as she pulled into the parking garage. "It's Fight Night."

I shook my head. "I'll probably pass. My bed is calling me."

We parked. The two girls in the front turned to look at us. "Your loss," Miku smiled. "We're gonna party."

We said goodbye to them at the first floor, and ascended the stairs. Our footsteps and Len's heavy breathing were the only noise to be heard.

"Why don't you take the elevator?" I asked him, more for the sake of saying something than to make conversation.

"I don't like closed spaces."

"The bag is heavy."

He hoisted it up onto his shoulder to keep it from slipping. "It's not too bad."

"Is that why you don't like planes, too?"

"Yeah."

"It must be a pain to drive everywhere."

"I live driving. Now, if I was the one flying the plane, I'd have no problem flying in one."

I nodded. "Have to be in control, huh?"

"Yeah."

The door to our floor was already open. I pushed past the door into our room. Instantly, I felt better. The familiar, clean air that smelt somewhat like breakfast from the kitchen and somewhat like a campfire from our fireplace.

"Dude." I let myself fall limply on the couch. "Was this always this comfortable."

"Yes." He stood next to my room. "Where do you want your bag?"

"Right there is fine. I'll put everything away later."

I didn't need to tell him twice. He dropped the bag on the ground with a loud thud.

"You hungry?" He asked, prancing up to the kitchen.

I rolled over on the couch. "I'm starving."

"What do you want?"

I propped myself up on my elbows. "You're cooking? Are you sure you don't want me to-"

"You just got home. You can rest all you want."

Home. There is was again. "Um... what do we have?"

He shuffled through the cabinets until we decided on salmon. I switched the TV on while he cooked, half listening to the drone of my show, and half listening to the hiss of the fish on the stovetop.

"We never watched Zombieland," Len told me from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I guess not."

"Do you wanna watch it tonight?"

"Sure." I rolled forward, peering over my shoulder at him. His back was to me. "Where is it? I'll get it."

"In my room, on the bottom shelf next to my bed."

"Cool." The carpet tickled against my bare feet. I had found the energy to chance into pajamas. I skipped happily to his door, and pushed it open.

Nervousness hit me in an unexpected wave as I realized I had never been in his room. In fact, I'd never even seen his room. I was surprised to find that his room was smaller than mine. It was well decorated, with the same carpet in my room. He had his guitars hanging on the wall next to the door. I couldn't help but stare at his collection. I had only ever seen his one guitar, Emma, but there were five more hanging on the wall, and several cases sitting nearby. Across from them was a weight area. I had never seen the kid work out in the few weeks I had been here, but they didn't look like decorations. There were shelves on either side of his bed. One held... books? What? Those were definitely decorations. The other held movies. I crouched down next to it, scanning the bottom shelf for Zombieland.

"I've got it," I told him, returning to the living room. "I'll just put in on the fireplace."

"You can start it now, if you want." One cooked filet of salmon sat on a plate next to the stove. The other was sizzling in the pan.

"But then you won't be able to watch it." I set it on the fireplace, then leaned back onto the giant couch.

"That's okay."

"I'll wait."

I didn't have to wait long. Dinner was ready not even five minutes later. He brought two plates to the couch, handing me one, and setting his down before putting the movie into the DVD player. My mouth watered at the plate in front of me. Salmon and vegetable rice. It was still steaming.

"You're not gonna go watch Fight Night with the others?" I said as he sat next to me.

He shook his head. "Not my thing." He turned the TV up with the remote as the previews began. "Sorry it took so long."

I shot him an odd look. Seeing him act this friendly was nice, but it was still weirding me out. "It's fine."

"I would have given you yours right away, but-" he lifted the bottom of the filet on his plate, revealing the blackened bottom.
"Aw, Len. You could have given me the burned one."

He grinned at me. "Nah, I wouldn't do that."

The movie was awesome.   

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

142K 3.8K 26
You are (y/n) (l/n), an ordinary person with parents with very high expectations and a famous actress for a sister. You try your hardest to be great...
8.4K 700 26
*Sequel to The Dandere Girl* Rin and Len Kagamine are now in College. New friends, except for old ones, like Gakupo and Luka. There relationship stil...
706 27 1
Okay, so maybe it's not the 'most' cliché oneshot, but cliché enough to make you wanna facepalm. It's a RinxLen one, just so you know, but honestly w...
46K 1.8K 34
Rin Kagamine is the girl that sits in the back of class Not saying a peep through her mouth No one knows why People call her Dandere, and that is wha...