Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 35

3.8K 199 19
By Puppies59

                                          Bowen

The room was silent as we watched the she wolf make her way back up the stairs, no one seemed to know how to respond to what just happened. I should be the one reprimanding Micah right now but the way he looked thoroughly defeated by little Sid made me leave him be. I still couldn't understand how quickly and aggressively she had acted in Fletcher's defense, and how pleased my wolf had been for her protectiveness instead of angry over her correcting my pack. "Seriously Fletch, you okay?" Jason murmured out as Simon helped steady the pup back on his feet. "I'll be fine." He whispered as he sent a look towards the stairs.

 "She looked really hot when she was kicking your a**." Beck grinned tauntingly at Micah who was still sitting on the floor. "Uh, yeah she was only wearing a TOWEL!" Tucker exclaimed softly. "Speaking of which, she forgot it and I think I should go return it right now." Emmett grinned cheekily as he picked the towel up and turned towards the stairs. "Don't even think about it E." My warning tone stopped him in his tracks. "Whatever you say boss." He shrugged before throwing the towel over his shoulder and settling in on the couch. 

"She's right, I hurt the pack I'm supposed to protect, Fletch kid I'm so sorry. I screwed up." Micah whimpered out pitifully, his guilt halted any and all joking around the room. "It's okay, I forgive you but her forgiveness might come harder." Fletcher winced out. "Yeah CG can be very protective and stubborn, but she'll come around to forgiving you, eventually." Gavin shared a glance with the stairs and it made me curious how he knew that. "I've never felt bad about fighting you guys till now, we really are a bunch of losers." Daniel murmured sadly. 

"No we're a pack that hasn't been acting like a pack, and it took an outsider she wolf to finally knock some sense into all of us. We're all guilty, like me keeping my distance from the rest of you, that's not exactly being a good pack brother." I was surprised by Asher's admition and the sheer truth behind it. "Oh great, Sid the kid is turning us into a bunch of sissies." Beck growled out softly. "No she's teaching us things about ourselves that even we don't know, helping us face our fears to make us stronger. I went on a run with her today and actually faced off with Spartan and her two mutts." Simon states softly and I'm not the only one surprised. 

"She's changing us, but it's a good kind of change, the sort of change that should have come a long time ago." Colton sighed out. "What are we going to do?" Jason voiced uncertainly. "Well first off we figured out dinner plans for tonight, then we help her with her attackers and after things settle we'll go from there." I gave the order and the discussion was over as we got to work on ordering Pizza since no one felt like cooking tonight. There was a sort of solemness hanging in the air as fear of the unknown rested heavily in the minds of my pack. 

They still did not know of my plans to keep the she wolf amongst us and I would keep that quiet until I was ready, Colton was the only other member who understood what I had in mind and he was loyal enough to keep silent on the matter. There was part of me hesitating over my plans after what I'd just seen, welcoming another alpha into the pack would not be an easy task. I had seen how easily she reprimanded all of them and how quickly she had gotten through to them in a way that I couldn't even if I tried. She was good for us, but my wolf knew that her power held an underlying threat, one of us would have to give eventually and I was not the sort to bow easily.

                                               Sidney

I could feel the tension in the air as I rejoined the boys downstairs, Sassy perched on my shoulder, Tyson and Ollie stationed at my sides. "Alright idiots don't be going awkward on me now. What happened happened, it's over and done with, now let's all move on shall we? What are we having for dinner?" I quipped as I plopped onto the couch beside Emmett. I could see he had my towel draped over his shoulder but I chose not to go into conversation about the creepiness factor of that little bit of information. "Pizza." Simon said as he walked towards me. 

Tyson growled at his approach but when Simon ignored him and sat on my other side I smiled my approval and Tyson laid down quietly at my feet. "See not so scary." I hummed happily as the others stared at Simon in shock. "Not when you've got my back." Simon murmured softly as he met my gaze. "Ah, you really do learn quick." I teased with a grin and he smiled back, only to seem surprised when Sassy jumped from my shoulders and onto his lap. "Well hi there little kitten." Simon smiled as she curled up in his lap, he tentatively pet her as she started to purr.

 "Well look at that, Sassy sure seems to like you at least. It took me two months for her to get like that with me, and that was after a lot of treat bribery." I huffed out as I playfully glared at my traitorous feline. "I've always been more of a cat person, maybe she can tell." Simon shrugged. "Why did you name her Sassy?" Daniel asked as he pulled up a chair to sit across from where I was. "Well she showed up on my property really skinny and looking for handouts. She wouldn't let me near her at first and slowly she got used to eating in my presence, coming when I called her. Anytime I tried to pet her though she would turn from a friendly stray to a full on feral cat." I shake my head at the memories of the old Sassy.

 "One day she came to eat and she was limping on a swollen paw, I decided to help her out even if it wasn't my best idea. She clawed me up like crazy before I could wrap her in one of my old shirts and put her in a box to get her to the vet, they treated her foot and I brought her home. She would occasionally come to me but her moods changed from friend to foe fast, I kept calling her a sassy little thing and the name just stuck. It took a while for her to get used to me and the dogs but now she's as loveable as can be, she can still be uncertain around most strangers though." I raised as I shook my head at where she was happily sleeping in Simon's lap. 

"You really love animals, don't you?" Jason muttered softly and I tilted my head towards him. "Yes I do. To quote Alfred A. Montapert 'Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to'.  I'm happiest when I'm around or caring for animals, they've always been an important part of my life when the human part was sh*t." I shrug back honestly. "Yeah it's like your a different person at the sanctuary." Beck stated slowly and I shrugged.

 "I'm myself at the sanctuary, I don't have to protect myself from the evils outside, I just have to love and protect the goodness of the animals." I murmur back. "You still hunt them in wolf form though." Tucker remarked. "Yes. There can be multiple parts of a person, true I love and care for them, but as a wolf I'm also a natural born predator. I do not kill an animal unless it is my goal to eat said animal, and I do so as respectfully as possible. In a way I'm protecting the animals even when I hunt them, culling the sick and weak from the herd helps the herd stay healthy and strong." I state calmly. "I've never thought of it like that." Gavin frowned slightly.

 "The most important thing is to not go killing ruthlessly for no reason, which is sort of ironic since that's the way I fight but that's just another part of who I am. I'm a strong and ruthless fighter, a respectful hunter and a caring protector, three things that don't seem to mesh but surprisingly work well within me." I hum out. "You do have remarkable control over each of those parts of your personality." Colton agreed curiously. "Yeah but that control took a lot of time and effort, you have to want to make it work before the parts start to come together as one." I stated gently to the silence of the room, the sound of a car pulling up outside broke the quiet. "I've got it." Micah grunted as he pulled out his wallet and headed to go collect the pizza, he would get over his cranky little mood at some point.

                                             Emmett

It was weird how easily the tension in the air shifted when the she wolf was around, how easily the mood changed to something brighter in her presence. I still couldn't keep the grin off my face that she had chosen to sit beside me on the couch. She also didn't seem all too bothered by the fact that I still had her towel over my shoulder, it was still slightly damp and smelled of soap yet held no scent of the she wolf herself. When she continued to act like everything was normal and fine one by one the others relaxed back as if nothing had happened.

 The only one that wasn't back to normal was Micah who was a lot quieter than usual after her reprimand, I could still feel the slightest hint of his guilt through our pack link. I decided not to focus on his mood and instead I wanted to show off a bit for the she wolf, plus making the others jealous was a small bonus. I draped an arm over the back of the couch behind her and grinned as all eyes in the room shot to the movement, and I received some warning glares. "So Sid, what's your favorite kind of pizza?" I rumbled out as I took a bite of my own slice of pepperoni and raised my shirt just the tiniest bit to show her a little skin.

 "Well I'm not too picky, but I like to do meat with a little twist of pineapple." Her answer had my nose wrinkling slightly. "Yes! Finally someone else who understands the goodness of pineapple on pizza!" Tucker crowed out happily, he and Micah were the only two that ate that junk willingly and happily, but Micah ate anything. "I know right, everyone hates it but its a great combination. The juicy sweetness of the pineapple helps to counteract the spiciness of the pepperoni and Italian sausage. True they don't seem that spicy but when you load a pizza down with the stuff it's nice to mix pineapple in with it." She nodded back eagerly.

 "It just seems wrong." Beck shook his head at them. "Have any of you ever tried it?" Her reply was challenging and met with negative reactions. "How do you know it's bad if you don't even give it a chance?" She raised. "I might try it if you feed it to me." I whispered into her ear as I let my arm drape over her shoulders, she instantly tensed under my touch. The rest of he guys looked ready to tear into me until the she wolf smiled up at me despite her tense shoulders, I couldn't help grinning back.

 "M&M since I like you idiots, I'm going to give you 5 seconds to remove your arm from MY person before I remove it from YOURS." The smile on her face did nothing to hide the warning in her tone, and I was quick to heed it. "Paws off, got it." I surrendered to the chuckles of everyone in the room. "You know your cute when your mad." I hummed out to her. "Try making a move like that again and I'll show you just how 'cute' I can be." She growled back. "Yeah E, show the she wolf some respect." Colton added, drawing her attention to him. "Thanks Beta boy, but I can handle my own battles remember?" Her smile was a lot kinder towards him as he chuckled but nodded back.

 "Good, now how is the rogue base camp surveillance coming along?" Her attention focused on Daniel as we all awaited his response. "I haven't checked the recordings today but usually they just talk sh*t, a lot of it about the girl that stumbled into their camp the other night." Daniel growled out. "Yeah I gave them that impression so they're going to be talking about it, it's not something to get worked up over." She sighed out. "But you're not like that..." Jason grunted as Asher elbowed him into silence. 

"It's nice that you feel protective but you don't have to be. I've heard plenty of that kind of junk and more, I learned not to dwell on the selfish opinions of others. So there still is no talk about any attacks or business going on?" She quized. "Nothing yet, but I'll keep checking, if anything comes up I'll let everyone know." Daniel stated gruffly. "Okay sounds good to me. Now if you'll excuse me I have work tomorrow and I've got to get some sleep. Goodnight guys!" We called good nights back as she headed up the stairs, I wasn't the only one to watch her leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.8K 35
it is (the continuation) of the Wattpad of Shadowmonarch325 because I really like the concept with now all the school of oreigaru QQ Cote ... as well...
5.1M 45.1K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
290K 17.7K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
50.9K 2.4K 17
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !