SUPPRESSION •Complete•

By savrose10

"This would be a better story if I were dead." -Freya Sinclair ••• Suppression was never the key, that doesn'... More

Note
SUPPRESSION
WELCOME TO THE CITY OF STAFFORD
WELCOME TO MUELLER HIGH
FANTASTICAL TEACHERS
ARTDOM
RE-REDECORATING
ROMANTICIZED
CRAZY ART FANTASIES
TRASH BIN HUGGER
FACEBOOKING, TWEETING, AND MESSAGING
ANOTHER YEAR OLDER
GAVIN . . .
THE WINDOW TO THE SOUL
IT'S PINK WITH SNAKE BITES
THAT MORNING FEELING
A LITTLE LOLA GOES A LONG WAY
HOMEMADE PRESENTS
AN INVITATION
BOTTOMS UP
FATEFUL NIGHT
FIRST TIMES
THE AKAWARDNESS AFTERWARDS
CONFESSIONS
WHAT FEAR WAS
ENGLISH COACH
TROUBLEMAKER
BREAKDOWN
THAT'S THAT
CONFRONTATION
THERAPY
CRAWLING BACK
WINTER FORMAL
CONFRONTATION 2.0
FIRST SESSION
THAT TIME OF YEAR
CHRISTMAS EVE
CHRISTMAS SURPRISE
FRIENDSHIP
DITCHING
RECONNECTING
MORE THEN FRIENDS
SPEAK UP
GIVE SOME AND TAKE SOME
VALENTINES LEAP
HOME GAME
SLIPPING TO THE PAST
LOLA'S BURDEN
SUN SHINING THROUGH
LOST
APRIL
A CALL
A DATE TO REMEMBER
HOLLOW
MY STORY
AFTERMATH
ALONE
Final Author Note

THANKSGIVING

40 4 0
By savrose10

THANKSGIVING

I was looking forward to Thanksgiving break. Not because of the family time or the great food. No, it's because I get to spend Thanksgiving alone.

Mom is doing a charity thing with church. Basically she's making Thanksgiving for the homeless and dad just orders pizza and watches the game. I grabbed a slice and went back to my room. Thanksgiving is usually like this, mom is always volunteering and dad can't cook. Plus he can't miss a minute of the football game. So meat lover's pizza it is.

In the past I'd go over to a friend's house for Thanksgiving, usually . . . Ainsley's. But those weren't possibilities now, especially Ainsley's.

I set the slice of pizza down on my bed and picked up a pad of paper. I had come to a decision. That I don't care, not about anything. So I'll stop avoiding Gavin, I'll go to art and I just won't cause anymore trouble. I'll nod along like a well trained dog and just sit in the back and be quiet. No one will miss me or notice.

So with all those decision made I figured out what to do with my bird. I decided that maybe the bird doesn't have to be the focus and on top of that I decided to not do photography. Matter of fact I took all my cameras and put them in a box in my closet. I wasn't going to use them anymore.

I took my pencil and began to trace the outline of a girl's shoulder and then the slope of her neck. Soon I was drawing the point of her chin. Then I traced backwards to draw the side of her head up to her hair line. I attempted to sketch her ear, but then I decided to just cover most of it with her hair. I started the flimsy strands of hair going down her shoulder and over her neck, cover the side profile of her face. I sketched the beginnings of her forehead then stopped, leaving her face empty. No nose, no eyes, and no mouth. I was tempted to erase her ear, but left it. I erased some strands of hair from her shoulder so I could start drawing the bird's fluffed out belly. I drew the slope of it's head so that it looked like it was hiding behind it's wings, hiding it's face. I detailed the feathers by darkening the shading and then finished my bird off with it's tail feathers.

I sat back and studied my drawing. It had a few too many eraser markers near the face, but I liked that. It made it look like someone erased the face. I actually liked the side profile of the faceless girl with a hiding bird on her shoulder.

Dad: "That's creepy, Frey-Frey, she's missing her face."

I hadn't even heard my father enter. I looked up at him from behind my shoulder to see his face all scrunched up in distaste at my drawing.

Dad: "Seriously morbid, Freya, give the girl a face. And look at this, your pizza is like a freaking stone. Nice waste of food, I could have eaten this. Go take Peanut out, he's standing by the door."

He grumbled the whole way back down stairs about the waste of pizza. I shrugged and looked back down at my drawing, I liked it. I thought this was a very productive Thanksgiving. I got my art project done just in time for the second marking period. Not that I even had to, considering I have an automatic A in the class.

I taped my drawing up on my wall then went back to re-sketching it. This time I was going to get the bird's wing just right and fix her ear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 9.7K 43
𝑂𝑛𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑟�...
2K 112 26
When Freya moves from Bradford to London she meets the one, that nobody compares to, Josh. She falls for him and just when she thought life was hard...
2K 355 17
A short cut in life has never been an option. Spilling of blood for surviving has never been an option. No matter how rocky your life can get never t...
191 47 23
Life of a teenager is never easy...whether dealing with school or other things..finding out who you are...your dream. But along the way, Emily may no...