Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)

320 5 3
By lala_cutiepie273

~*~ Author's Note: So I decided to Post this chapter sooner than expected. This Is part to of chapter 12. Just to let you know what went on at James house when he was away. Hope you like it. ~*~

Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 2 James POV (Pic of James)

I can’t take it anymore. I know I said I missed my dad and everything but right now I wish he wasn’t here. I forgot how awful things get when he and my mom get together. Right now they are torturing me. They literally tied me and are forcing me to watch them “dance”. They’re doing their “world famous” Salt-n-Pepper dance for ‘Push It’. I had a choice to either watch or learn it. When I said neither my dad tackled me and tied me down to a chair. *Sigh* when you put my mom and dad together nothing can stop them.

“Mom, dad please just let me go”, I begged. The assault on my eyes is unbearable.

“Not unless you’re ready to learn the dance”, my dad said still “dancing”.

“Mom come one please.” I gave my mom a sweet puppy dog look and saw her face mollify. It helps when you’re a momma’s boy. Still, it’s a blessing and a curse at times.

“Honey just let him go,” my mom said to my father. It also helps if your dad is scared of your mom.

“Fine, I guess he will never know about the King’s swag”, my dad said while untying me.

“Dad what do you know about swag.”

“Son please I invented swag. Why do you think your mom wanted to get with all of this?”

“Because she was blind at the moment and by the time she got her vision back it was a little too late. Oh and she wouldn’t re-marry because she believes in monogamy.”

My dad just sucked his teeth and said, “Please stop hating because you know you look just like me. You little swagger jacker.”

This left me speechless. What the what?! I know he did not just say that. When he was finally done untying me I ran up to my room before he says anything else that can scar me. Also it seemed as though he and my mom were about to have a make out session and I was not seeing that. When I reached up to my room I decided to call Gabriel but before I could he called me.

“Hey Gabriel, what’s up?”

“Dude we have a serious problem.”

I can tell by the tone of his voice that it was something serious. “Gabriel what’s wrong”, I asked with a lot of concern in my voice.

“It’s Saphire someone is…” he started to say. Then before he could finish there was a loud crash in the background. What’s wrong with Saphire, is she ok? “Saphire get off of me and let me go.” What the hell is going on over there?

“Hey Jay-Jay.”

My heartfelt at ease when I heard her voice. Thank God that she’s ok. “Fireball, what’s up?”

“Nothing much. Just, you know being bored and stuff. So how’s quality dad time?”

“Don’t remind me you know things are when he and my mom are together. “

“Oh yeah, I forgot.”

“Yeah, so what was that noise I heard in the background earlier?”

“Umm, I tackled Gabriel.”’’

“Well may I ask why?”

“No specific reason, you know how random I can be at times.”

Why do I have to know the weird people? “Look Jay-Jay, I don’t want you calling for the rest of the trip ok. I understand that you worry about me sometimes but I want you to enjoy family time, ok?”

“But what was Gabriel trying to tell me?”

“Don’t worry about it. And if you call I’m personally going to hurt you.”

“Whatever, Saphire just take care of yourself ok? I love you.”

“Of course and I love you too. Bye.”

And with that she hung up. *Sigh* what was that all about? I turned around to see that my dad was at my doorway. “What do you want dad?”

“Oh nothing, so you were talking to Saphire. Nice girl, nice girl.”

“Where are you going with this dad?”

“Nowhere, it’s just that you told her you love her. Love is a pretty strong word.”

“Dad get out of my room”, I said while throwing a book at him. Really can my friends and family get any weirder? One normal person, I’d just like to know one normal person. Guess that’s too much to ask for. I went to lie down on my bed to try to figure out what it was Gabriel was trying to tell me. It could be anything really. I taught about texting Gabriel but knowing Fireball she probably took his phone.

*Sigh* what a drag. Just then I heard my mom and dad arguing. I wonder about what this time? They love each other dearly, that I know, but like any other married couple they fight. I try to listen in on the conversation but can’t really hear anything. All I know is that it has something to do with the army. Well that’s a big surprise. Then things got really quiet. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door and my dad popped up.

“James we need to talk. Come on let’s go for a drive.” Ok now things look bad. This had to be something big. While we were in the car neither of us said anything. It was only after a while I realized where he was taking me. We were heading towards the docks. This is where all major conversations happen, including the talk about where babies come from. When we sat down at our usual spot is when he began to speak.

“James there’s something you need to know,” my dad said. You can practically hear the sadness in his voice.

“Dad what’s wrong is everything alright between you and mom?” Other than losing Fireball the thing that scares me the most is my parents splitting up.

“James your mom and I are perfectly fine. But there’s something else that you need to know.”

“Come on dad tell me what’s up.”

“Well I know I said that I was here to stay this time but I’m going back to the army.”

“What? Why?” This is unbelievable, why would he even think about doing something like this? “Don’t you care about me and mom anymore? We like literally just got you back. Why the hell would you leave again? Also I repeat we like literally just got you back. Why would you do something so stupid,” I kept asking question after question, not giving my dad a chance to answer any of them.

Obviously my dad lost it and started to scream, “Listen I’m doing this for you ok? They wanted to take you and ship you off but instead I told them that I would go back if they left you alone. I didn’t want you to have to give up your college days and your dreams.”

Now this silenced me. Right now I feel real guilty of accusing my dad of all those things. Why is it as human beings we never give others a chance to explain? There was now a lot of tension in the air. I can’t help but feel guilty for all of this. I mean it was just earlier today I was wishing that he wasn’t here. Now look at this.

“Dad I’m…,” I started to say but then my dad cut me off.

“James don't you even think of saying sorry. This is my choice, I made this decision. I know how you would’ve reacted to the news; your mom did the same thing.” Again things got quiet. It stayed this way for a while. Well, talk about an awkward moment. This is like the first time there was silence like this between my dad and I. 

“Dad I don’t know what to say but thank you,” I finally said breaking the silence. “And I’m sorry for accusing you about not caring for me and mom.” Thinking about my dad leaving again is not really something I look forward to.

“Are you sorry enough to learn the Salt-n-Pepper dance,” my dad asked with a big smile coming across his face.

“Umm, well… is joining the army still an option?” This caused my dad and I to start laughing. I’m going to miss these moments until I see him again.

“So when do you leave?”

“Umm two weeks from now, so until then I belong to you and your mom.”

“Two weeks. I leave to go back to college in two week too.”

“So until then let’s show America what the Kings are made of.”

“Yeah ok, let’s do this.”

THE NIGHT BEFORE THEY LEAVE

“Let’s recap shall we. You two spent 1.5 million dollars on lord knows what , James you got arrested, you took your son to a strip club, drove all the way to New York to take a picture of the Statue of liberty, got banded from Coney Island, and got tattoos of crowns. You did all of this because you want to show America what the Kings are made of. Worst part about all of this is that you didn’t even bring me. I’m a King to you know. I swear you give birth to one and gave the other 25 years of your life and this is how they treat you.”

Wow my mom is furious right now. Good news is I’m leaving first thing in the morning. Too bad my dad doesn’t leave until the night. Now the only thing is how to get off the hook. Think, think, and think. Oh wait I’m a momma’s boy.

“Mommy I tried to convince daddy to bring you along but he said no. I’m so sorry mommy.” I said this with a sad look on my face. Hopefully she’ll buy it. Now my dad was mouthing the words ‘traitor’ and ‘suck-up’. 

“Oh I believe you honey. I know it’s not your fault,” my mom said while hugging me. It really does help when you’re a momma’s boy.

“I also bought you this,” I said while handing her a 24k diamond studded necklace and earrings.

“Awe they’re beautiful baby. Thank you.”

“But not as beautiful as my mommy,” I said this in my baby voice. I’m so not in trouble anymore. Ha I’d like to see my dad top that. You know only if he can.

“Ok, you’ve flattered me enough for the night. Go upstairs and finish packing while I deal with your father.” I gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran up to my room before she has a chance to change her mind. Before I left I noticed my dad giving me the evil eye. I’m going to have to deal with him later. Trust me he’s going to want revenge. As I’m packing I can hear my mom yelling at him and I can’t help but laugh.

I’m too busy laughing I didn’t realize that they were done. I ran to my door to try to lock it but I was too late. He would’ve just burst it down AGAIN anyways. Before I could say anything he attacked me. This of course being in the regular routine for when we get in trouble with my mom. He had me pinned to the floor for a couple of minutes before helping me up. Then we just fell back down to the floor and started laughing.

Everything was interrupted when my dad’s cell phone rang.

 “Hello? Oh hey Gabriel, what’s up? Wait why didn’t you just call James phone? Yeah that sounds like something Saphire would do. Ok hold on.” After that my dad handed me the phone and left the room.

“Hey Gabriel, what’s up?”

“Do you remember two weeks ago when I tried to tell you something,” he said this like he was out of breath.

It took a while, a long while actually my memory isn’t the best, but I finally remembered. “Do you mean the same thing Saphire tackled you for?”

“Yeah, that.” Things got quiet for a while. I wondered what it could be; if something was wrong I needed to know. Besides this whole suspense thing is overrated.

“Gabriel, what’s wrong?”

“Someone is trying to kill Saphire. I don’t know who though.”

“Yeah thanks for letting me know. Listen we’ll deal with this tomorrow when I come back. I have to go.”

It’s a good thing my dad wasn’t in the room or else he would’ve seen the pissed look on my face. Whoever this person is will die before they lay a finger on my Fireball while I’m around. And sure my dad is the one going to the army but I’m about to wage WAR! Ok that was a little too corny. Oh my gosh, I’m turning into my dad!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*~So that's the end of another chapter. Hope you liked it. Don't forget to comment vote and if you haven't already fan. ~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.5K 33
When one day is able to flip Ekaterina's life upside down, a dangerous guy forces her into a marriage, and her father completely agrees, her trying e...
58.6K 6.5K 34
What happens when everyone sees you the same way, a self absorbed, egotistical, spoilt, arrogant person even though you're not? But then you meet...
1.4K 71 39
Meera Desai. She believed in public affection. James Brenegan. He believed in private affection. She wanted a public display of affection while he w...
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...