The Seven Deadly Sins: Faded...

By Spencer_Lorenzi

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Lucas quoted Alfred Lord. "But how would... More

The Seven Deadly Sins: Faded Stars
Morning
Don't Challenge Me
Promise
Expect the Unexpected
Concentrate
Seeing the Past
First Day
I'll be your Aphrodite, if you'll be my Ares
Humans and their weird phrases
Better? Better
Death of me
Disbelieve
Legacy
Daughter
Who Am I?
Clone
Ill
The Weather
Prey
Jungle Berries
Forgiven
Cherry Bomb
Mirror Effect
Angels Vs Demons
Restless Thoughts
Quality Time
Playing Creepy
Beat
Faith
Connection
Link
Splitting The Future
Ancestors and Descendants
Files
Haunting Past

Energy

843 32 10
By Spencer_Lorenzi

Skylar's Pov:

"Just keep looking up for me. Yea okay, there we go, Alex do you see how black her veins are right there?"

"Yea, how long do you think until it goes away?"

"Hard to say, but we will know in a few days after we do some blood test."

Clicking her flashlight off, the nurse took a couple of steps back, allowing my eyes to readjusted. Alex being Alex wanted answers as to my sudden involuntary change of attitude towards her. Me being me I decided to go along with all the tests that Alex wanted the doctors to perform.

Knowing what I know now from Nicholas, I was more than willing to go along with it because the last thing I wanted was any connection with anyone that wasn't solely Alex.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to call this in and see if someone can be sent to receive your medicine for you," The nurse said, stealing a glance my way.

Nodding my head, I crossed my ankles and intertwined my fingers together as I looked over at Alex.

Leaning against one of the walls in our shared bedroom, Alex seemed to be tense as she eyed the nurse. I knew she wanted answers and having to wait was new for her. It was always surprising when Alex couldn't figure things for herself since she was supposed to be all-powerful and knowing. I guess her knowledge only extends to that in which was made in pure and goodness. The only sinful act she truly knew was wrath and that alone wasn't enough to fully understand what was going on with me. Demons didn't derive from her so she was limited to what she knew of them.

Once the nurse left our shared room, I called out to Alex, extending a hand towards her.

"Alex, love come here."

Without giving it much thought, Alex pushed herself off the wall and walked over to me as if it was an involuntary action. Once she reached me, she grabbed my hand and allowed herself to kneel down to face me. She placed her free hand onto my cheek and softly stroked it; looking deep into my eyes.

"Your blue eyes seem as if they are dulling a bit," Alex mumbled.

Grabbing her hand that was on my cheek, I gave it a quick squeeze before responding.

"I'll be fine Alex, you worry too much some times."

Sighing, she shook her head before responding.

"The last thing I need is to have you sick while having to deal with the demons and hunter. Knowing me, I'll put everything else in the backseat while trying to take care of you."

"Alex I'll be fine, we just have to keep my anger in check," I responded.

"That's the thing Sky, you're the angel of happiness, if the infection doesn't go away, there can be repercussions for the humans," Alex respond as she's slowly got up.

"How so?" I asked.

"If the angel of happiness can't even be happy, how are the humans going to be happy? That virtue is because of you."

Frowning, I bite my bottom lip before thinking back to Nicholas's statements. A part of me wanted to tell Alex but I was afraid she would forbid it and or hurt Nicholas.

Noticing my sudden silent frowned, Alex voiced her thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

Shaking my head lightly, I responded.

"I'm fine, but what are we going to do today? What are the plans?" I asked.

It was Alex's turn to shake her head.

"We aren't doing anything. I'm going to go meet up with the other Sins that I couldn't met with yesterday and see what they know regarding the demons and hunter situation."

"So once again you are leaving me out of the loop," I said, my hands slowly gripping the sheets.

Looking at my hands, Alex bit her bottom lip, and responded.

"Skylar please not today. You need to rest," Alex said before turning her back to me; signaling that the conversation was over.

I could already feel the presence of another voice in my head as I tried to calm my anger. I tried to blocked it out though as I looked straight ahead at a vase of flowers Alex had gotten me yesterday. She had given them to me as her way of saying sorry for yesterday events.

Concentrating on the flowers, I took a deep breath in before slowly letting it out as Garnet taught me.

It took a couple of tries but it wasn't long before the bright colors of the lilies and roses, slowly faded before shivery up.

It wasn't a pleasant sight and before I could realize what I did, Alex spoke up.

"You killed them Skylar."

Quickly shifting my eyes from the now dead flowers to Alex, I watched as she stared me down, a look of disappointment in her eyes.

"I didn't m-"

"You never do Skylar."

"That's not fair, all I was trying to do was control my anger Alexandra."

"You still killed a living thing Skylar. That's not how we use our power. And how did you even know how to do that huh?" Alex responded as she looked at me from across the room.

"Does it even matter?" I countered, the little energy I got from the flower starting to fade.

"It does when you go around taking energy from living things and killing them!" Alex exclaimed, her eyes slowly shifting in colors.

She was radiating anger and without giving it much thought I absorbed it.

"Skylar stop! You're doing it again!" Alex shouted louder as she closed the distances between us.

"It's your responsibility as her mate to calm her down. She needs your help Skylar, no one else can calm the great queen."

"It's my responsibility as your mate to calm you," I said, the words coming out my mouth freely.

"Enough!" Alex exclaimed.

Instantly without my doing, I found myself lowering my head and on my knees, in submission to her.

For a moment no words came out of my mouth but my mind was racing with words.

The room was quiet and it was only when I felt Alex's hand on my shoulders that a sob escaped my lips.

Slowly I looked up at her. I then got off my knees and moved away from her.

"Skylar-"

"Don't fucken touch me," I said as I continued to sob.

By the look on Alex's face I knew even she was hurt by what she did.

"I didn't mean to Skylar, it's the God in me to discipline my children."

"I am not your child, I'm your fucken mate. But I guess not even your mate is equal to you."

"Please Sky-"

"Leave."

I could see it in Alex's eyes that she was battling with herself in her mind, but one look at my facial expression told her it was best to leave me alone.

"I'll hold the meeting elsewhere today. I'll make sure the guards are on high alert for you."

Staring directly at her, I made no effort in responding. Sensing this, Alex shook her head lightly, before turning on her heels to leave the room. I waited until she finally closed the door to let out the sob I was trying to hold back. There was no point in trying to hide how hurt I was. We both knew exactly how I felt.

"Even after she made you feel less than her, she still refused to let you join her. Instead, she moved the meeting elsewhere. It makes you wonder if she truly sees you as an equal to her."

Without giving it a second thought, I responded to the voice in my head.

"She moved the meeting to probably give me the space I needed."

"You have a whole room on a different level of the house to have your only space. There was no need to move it and you know that as well."

"She wasn't going to even let me join the meeting to begin with. It doesn't even matter if she changed the location of it." I responded out loud.

Slowly getting off my bed, I walked over to my dresser that held the large mirror. I stare directly in front of it before asking Nicholas to reveal himself.

Instantly, my reflection slowly started to change. Before me was Nicholas in his true angel form.

"Hello sister," Nicholas responded as soon as he saw me.

Returning the gesture, I waited for him to respond and take charge of the conversation.

"Doesn't it feel wrong knowing you are not included in the meetings?" Nicholas asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, I responded.

"It feels more strange than anything knowing that if I hadn't died my life would have been different."

"You of all people know that it was your faith to die. Perhaps because you are the only one who can do what must be done."

Frowning, I asked him to elaborate on what he was trying to say.

"There's no hiding that I've heard pieces of the conversation you've been having with Alex."

"So you've been eavesdropping on us," I responded as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Not intentionally, but yes. Every time you get mad I am allowed into your mind. Sometimes I heard your conversation without even trying to."

"Yes well, then you already know why I can't join the meetings."

"I don't. It makes the most sense to have you at the meeting. You are, after all, the bridge between all of us."

"How so?" I asked.

Tilting his head slightly to the left, a small smile appeared on his face.

"Why you have all the genes of every creation made. Human, from your dad's, angel from your mom, the hunter from Mike, and now demon from me."

"What good does any of that do for me when I haven't mastered any of the skills. And besides, I'm no demon, I'm an angel. I'm just infected and we both know it would be gone before it is out of my system."

Letting out a small chuckle, Nicholas responded.

"You can always get reinfected if you ever chose too. Don't you see Skylar? The reason Alex has been keeping you under lock without giving you the key is because you're powerful. Remember when you block her out of your mind?"

"We both know how I was able to do so," I commented as I rolled my eyes at Nicholas.

"Don't you want more for yourself though?" Nicholas asked, as a frown formed on his face.

"I want what is destiny for me, nothing more and definitely nothing less."

Sighing, Nicholas shook his head.

"Skylar it is not the time to sit back and wait for things to happen. The hunters are getting out of hand as well as the demons. If anyone can understand how to fix the situation is you."

"That's the queen's responsibility," I responded.

"Don't you get it? You are a queen! You just haven't been given your rightful title!" Nicholas exclaimed.

"Nicholas just drop it please, there is no point in this conversation," I replied.

"Skylar I've seen first hand how bad it is here on Earth. If you come to me I'll show you."

"Nicholas what did I just say."

"Do you honestly want to be locked away in your room? I thought you wanted to be seen as an equal to Alex." Nicholas responded, his tone bitter.

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair before locking eyes with Nicholas. I could see how important this was to him and a part of me felt guilty that I was dismissing his claims.

"Where are you?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

Instantly a smile broke out on his face.

"Come to the main library of Fotarstown Harbour."

"Why there?" I asked.

"It's one of the main library used by Alex's family."

"Why keep a library on Earth instead of in Heaven?" I asked.

"The books can be read by anyone in Heaven, but down here on Earth the words are invisible. In Heaven, there aren't supposed to be secrets so the words reveal themselves. On Earth though, they are invisible and can only be read by royalty." Nicholas explained calmly.

"So how does this help us. It's not like we can read the books."

"You can. You are after all royalty from your mom's side." Nicholas responded.

"So you're using me to get to the books?" I asked as I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Never, they are for you to better understand the universe. I won't be offended if you keep the information you find out to yourselves."

Slowly nodding my head, I responded.

"Okay, you got me. I'll see you soon Nicholas."

Once again a smile broke out on Nicholas' face.

"I'll be waiting, my queen."

*****************************************************************

Skylar's Pov:

The journey to the library didn't take long with me staying high up in the sky to avoid being spotted. I would have taken the car Alex's had purchase but she was using it at the moment. Out of the both of us, she was the most careful when it came to blending in. I, on the other hand, was more careless since I knew we could always use our power to wipe someone's memory.

It didn't take much finding the library and once I located it, I looked for a place to land where no one could see me. Despite being careless, I did try my best to avoid problems.

"Hello, sister!" An enthusiastic voice called out as soon as they saw me.

"Hello to you to brother," I responded.

Dusting off the dirt from my pants, I walked over to Nicholas. Like always my landing was rough and I manage to land on my knees.

"I see you had trouble with your landing," Nicholas commented as he walked over to me.

Sighing, I removed the strangles of hair that covered my eyes.

"Where's Mia?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"She is back in Heaven. Unlike me, she is not allowed to stay down here on Earth too long," He responded.

"How long are you allowed to stay on Earth?" I asked.

Closing the distance between us, Nicholas placed his hands on my upper arms.

"I'm at level 23, which means I am allowed to stay on Earth until my mission is complete." He commented.

"And what mission is that?"

Letting one of my arms go, he waved it in the air before responding.

"I am assigned to a location not far from here. I am supposed to report back all my findings of the demons that stay around this area. I am allowed 30 days for this."

Nodding my head, I grabbed Nicholas' hand to remove it from my arm.

"Well let's get a move on. I have to back home in an hour and you have a post to be watching."

Gesturing with his hand, Nicholas took a step back before responding.

"Than be my guest and lead the way."

Rolling my eyes at Nicholas, I turned on my heel and started walking for the entrance of the library.

The second I walked in, I instantly had a flashback.

I saw my past life walking through the library looking for information on Alex. It didn't take long before my past self started talking to someone who led her to a secluded area of the library. There was lust in her eye and she had tried to advantage of my past self before she got hit with a book. My past self took this chance to grab as many books that she could before leaving the library.

"Fuck," I mumbled as soon as the flashback ended.

"It seems as if you've been here before," Nicholas said, his hand on my lower back.

"I reckon you saw the flashback with me," I mumbled as I grabbed my head.

"I hope that you don't mind, but I saw that look you got in your eyes and couldn't help but wonder what you were seeing. I wanted to make sure you were alright just incased you needed someone to pull you out."

Letting out a small sigh, I smiled at Nicholas before smiling.

"Thank you, I'm alright."

"Bless then. Shall we continue then?"  Nicholas asked, a kind smile on his face.

Nodding my head, I turned my attention back to the entrance of the library.

"I suppose we both know where we should head," Nicholas whispered.

Taking a quick look at the librarian I noticed that it was a different person then from my past life, but they were indeed an angel nevertheless. As if sensing they were being watched, he quickly looked my way.

Once he locked eyes with me, I watched as his eyes widen before quickly bowing.

Making a quick detour, I walked over to the librarian to speak to him.

"Keep your eyes glued onto the floor and stand behind me," I whispered to Nicholas.

The last thing I wanted was for the librarian to be alarmed that I was with a descendant. It's one thing to be a descendant in heaven and it's another thing to be one down here on Earth. Usually, angels believe they have decided to be a fallen angel instead of serving their God.

"Princess Skylar, it's an honor to finally meet you," the librarian said before looking up at me.

Taking a quick peek at his nametag I realized that his name was Kennedy.

"It's nice to meet you too Kennedy. This is my bodyguard Nicholas. Don't mind him."

"Is there anything I can assign you with?" Kennedy asked after taking a peek at Nicholas.

Shaking my head, I tapped my fingers on the counter before responding.

"Nothing that I can't do myself. Alexandra sent me here to retrieve some books for her."

"Oh... well, I suppose you know where they are?" He asked as he frowned slightly.

"Yes, Alexandra told me exactly where to go. She is hoping to find some answers to some questions she been having about the hunters and demons."

"Well, the McCartneys are known for writing everything down, the great Evan just finished submitting some of his work for the library," Kennedy commented softly.

"Do the queens every submit their own writing?" I found myself asking.

"Of course, anyone of importance or that is royalty usually submits their writing here."

Once again I tapped my fingers against the counter, causing Kennedy to look at them.

"Well, I must be going, Alex is waiting on me," I commented.

"Um... princess Skylar are you planning on removing the books from the library?" Kennedy asked before I could turn around.

"Well yes, Alex asked for them," I responded, frowning slightly.

"Queen Alexandra forbids it though after the last accident we had about 18 years ago."

"What happen 18 years ago?" I asked.

Shifting his weight from one foot to another, Kennedy seemed to be hesitant to answer. Nevertheless, though, he composed himself slightly before looking at me again.

"A couple of books got into the hands of Mike Wines. For this reason, the only people who can actually check them out are the people who wrote them or the Queen herself. Queen Alexandra herself wrote this into law, so I hope you can excuse my confusion on the matter. Perhaps I could call-"

"Princess Skylar has no intention of checking the books out. Alex just sent her here to look up some dates and some information. She simply got confused. I have strict instructions to see her to the section and back to Queen Alexandra before dawn. Queen Alexandra would have done it herself but she has more important matters to attend to with the other sins." Nicholas commented, interrupting Kennedy.

"Well... as long as Queen Alexandra has permanent this."

"She has," Nicholas responded.

Looking over my shoulders, I noticed that Nicholas was retrieving something from his pocket. Folded up into four, was a piece of paper that had the seal of the McCartney's. It was quickly flash to Kennedy, purposely showing off the seal, before being put away.

Instantly Kennedy seemed to relax after seeing the paper and finally smiled.

"Well then, I wouldn't keep you, have a good day my princess."

Giving Kennedy a short nod, I turned around with Nicholas right on my heels. When we were finally a good distance from Kennedy, I whisper over my shoulder to Nicholas.

"What was that paper you showed the librarian."

"It just my permission slip to be here."

"And the seal? How did you get it?" I asked.

"It's a printed version of it. It is the seal but not fresh ink. The seal is just there to prove that Benjamin's training angels have the queen's approval. The signature is that of Benjamins but obviously I didn't show the guy that." Nicholas responded.

"Leave it to a descendant to be cunning," I mumbled.

"It's all in good nature my queen," Nicholas responded.

"Nicholas I'm not your queen, you know that," I stated.

"But you will be, there's also no harm in referring to you as such."

Rolling my eyes, I continued to walk farther into the library. For some odd reason, I knew exactly where to go, as if my body was already programmed to the McCartney's section.

Moments later, Nicholas and I were face to face with large double-doors. Carved into the door were angels among other symbols that belonged to heaven.

Sensing that I was not going to make the first move in opening the doors, Nicholas went ahead and walked in front of me.

"Allow me, my queen," Nicholas said.

Grabbing the handle of one of the doors, Nicholas tried to open them but for some reason, the door would not budge.

"I think they're locked," Nicholas mumbled before letting the handle go.

"I doubt the royals would rely on a lock to keep their secrets away," I mumbled.

"Well, then what do you propose is keeping them locked?" Nicholas asked.

Walking over to the doors, I lightly touched the features craved within them.

"I was able to open them in my past life, so I guess they only open to certain people," I responded as I grabbed ahold of one of the doors handles. Instantly I felt a slight burning sensation go through my hand.

Once the sensation left, I gave one of the doors a quick pull. Unlike for Nicholas, the doors opened at will.

"That's some spell..." Nicholas mumbled.

"I think the only reason I am able to open them is because one of my past ancestors wrote something that is in here," I responded before allowing Nicholas to walk in first.

Nicholas took small steps as if to test the water with the room itself. Surely, if they didn't want just anyone to open the door, it must have been forbidden to be here without permission. I didn't blame Nicholas for being cautious, I wouldn't want to be somewhere I wasn't wanted. Once I knew it was free for him, I walked in and closed the door behind me.

We both seemed to be astonished at how empty the room was. One wall of the room was dedicated solely to the books while the other three were kept plain. There wasn't much furniture in the room beside a simple three seated couch.

"So this is what the royals are hiding? An almost empty room?" Nicholas asked.

"There's a reason for everything the royals do... I just don't know what it is." I commented as I walked over to the books.

"Yea, well it is a waste of space. Please tell me you see something that I can't," Nicholas asked.

"No, I think we can both see the same things," I mumbled as I started to read titles of the journals.

"Well you seem to be reading something that I can't," Nicholas commented as he walked over to me.

Taking a quick peek at him, I responded.

"You can't see the titles of the journals?"

Shaking his head, he frowned. Nicholas slowly reached for one of the books that was titled "forbidden powers". Opening it, he flipped the pages.

"I can see the books but... they are all blanked."

"Well, you already knew you wouldn't be able to read them to begin with." I responded as I turned my attention back to the books in front of me.

Sighing, Nicholas put the book back where it belonged before walking over to me.

"What do they say?" Nicholas asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, I read the titles out loud.

"This one says, Mates vs. soulmates while the one you picked up said "forbidden powers"."

"Leave it to the descendant to pick the evil book," Nicholas mumbled before turning around.

I could tell by the tone Nicholas was using that he was frustrated as well as disappointed. I watched as he took a seat on the couch before locking eyes with me. Seeing that I was watching him, Nicholas immediately put a smile on his face.

"Don't mind me my queen, please continue."

"Nicholas I don't know what I'm looking for, I don't think we thought this out," I said, turning my body completely to face him.

"But here we are now, we have to use this moment wisely, just look for something that can help you understand yourself," Nicholas said as he gestured to the book.

Shaking my head, I turn my attention back to the book before responding.

"If only you can see the writing with me like you hear the conversation I have with Alex."

"Come again?" Nicholas asked.

"I said, it would be wonderful if you could see what I see like you hear what I hear."

"Oh no yea I heard that but it just surprised me," Nicholas said.

Without having to look I knew that Nicholas was back on his feet as his steps echoed throughout the almost empty room.

"Well can you?" I found asking when Nicholas was finally next to me.

"I've never really tried too. The most I've seen is your flashback but you already know how that's done."

"Well, how do you listen to my conversations?" I asked finally making proper eye connect with Nicholas.

"When you're mad, you're allowing the infection to take over. Since I'm the one who got you infected I can interfere with your train of thoughts."

"So I just have to get mad so you can hear my conversations."

Nodding his head, Nicholas confirmed my statement.

"I only get angry when I'm with Alex so that'll out of the question. And before you ask, no I can't absorb your anger only Alex's."

"Well, this conversation went nowhere," Nicholas said as he threw his arms in the air.

"Well, I'm not actually an expert in finding loopholes when it comes to undermining the rules."

"And I am?" Nicholas asked.

"Stop being so sensitive I wasn't attack you. How about this, I'll just read some paragraph out loud so we can both try and understand them."

"Be my guest," Nicholas sarcastically stated.

Squinting my eyes at Nicholas, I wanted so desperately to smack him over the head.

"Do you think it's my fault that you can't read the book? I'm not the one going around restricting people from doing whatever they want."

"Well, you surely aren't doing anything to stop it either. For someone with so much power, you know nothing on how to use them. That in itself should be a sin."

"You know what, I think I was mistaken, there seem to be two people in this world who really know how to get under my skin."

Rolling his eyes, Nicholas responded.

"You don't have to repeat yourself twice."

"I didn't."

Looking at me, Nicholas seemed ready to defend his statement but instantly stop and smiled. Although no words came out of his mouth, I could still hear him talk.

"You're mad at me."

"No shit, you brought me here for nothing and honestly if I get in trouble with Alex with nothing to show for it, I will personally have you de-ranked a level."

Slowly Nicholas's closed smile turned into a rather creepy smile.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked.

"I know how to mind control someone."

"Try it and I will kill you." I quickly stated.

"No no that's not what I mean. What I meant with that statement is, I know my way around the brain. I just have to figure out how to see through your eyes."

"I rather not be a guinea pig for you to try new things."

"Skylar-"

"Nicholas it wouldn't be right and for my sake, it would be extremely dangerous. You can already hear my thoughts if you can see through my eyes, what's not to say you wouldn't be able to use my powers."

"I would have thought you would have trusted me more."

"It has nothing to do with trust Nicholas, now please drop it."

"Well... as you wish my queen."

Bitting the inside of cheek, I decided not to make eye contact with Nicholas. I knew if we did make eye contact it would possible for him to overtake me in my mind, something I wanted to avoid. Sensing that the conversation was over, for now, Nicholas took to picking up random books only to put them back after flipping through the pages.

Instead, I gave all my attention to the books in front of me. I decided to skip over all the personal journal and stick to my blessing power. I also tried to find books on hunters and demons. It took me a few minutes to figure out how the books were arranged since there were so many. Eventually, though I found the section I was looking for; my ancestors.

"Nicholas come here," I stated.

"What is it, my queen?" Nicholas asked as he placed one of his hands on my lower back.

The gesture caused me to stiff, but I chose to ignore it and cleared my throat.

"You see these books right there?" I asked.

"Yes, what about them?" He asked, looking to where I pointed.

"These are my ancestor's journals."

"Lovely looking journals," Nicholas commented.

Coming to stand closer to me, Nicholas reached out to grab the first journals in the set.

"Tell me, are there different names on the journals?" Nicholas asked as he continued to inspect the journal.

"There are only five different names, and one of them is my mother. The one in your hand belongs to someone named Barachiel. Do you know anything about them?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Nicholas responded.

"Just that he's one of the 7 archangels. Here take a look."

Reaching out to grab the book from Nicholas, I started to feel a magnetic pull. I hesitated to grab the book but before I could change my mind, Nicholas pushed the book into my hand.

Instantly I felt my eyes changed.

"Are you okay?" Nicholas asked.

Ignoring his questioned, I opened the journal to the first page. Without my doing or willpower, I found myself reading out loud as my hands gripped the journal tightly.

"I am the angel who heals and the angel of patience.  If you need help with faith and hope, I am there. If you need faith and need a miracle in your life, call on me. I am the archangel Barachiel, one of the seven, who stand before the Lord."

Once I was finished reading the first short entry, I found myself gaining control of my body again.

"Wow, such power," I heard Nicholas mumbled next to me.

Realizing that his hand was still on my lower back, I closed the journal and took a step forward.

"Did you feel him? Barachiel I mean, running through your body?" Nicholas commented.

"I think it's time to leave," I responded as I put the journal back to its location.

"You're not being serious right?"

"I am Nicholas, I don't think we should be messing with these books. There's a reason they are locked away."

Grabbing a hold of my shoulders, Nicholas quickly turned me so we were face to face with one another.

"You are doing more harm to the Earth and the people on it by not knowing how to use your power. If you can't control your blessing how do you expect people to be happy? Your mother already changed the legendary of your ancestors by changing the blessing from patience to happiness. It took her less than a century to ruin what took millenniums to create. Do you know how badly the people on Earth need patience? I walked among them and they lack it. I just wonder how many years it will take to get rid of the blessing completely."

"Do they really lack patience?" I found myself asking.

Shaking his head slowly, he dropped his hands from my shoulders and took a few steps backs from me.

"No one has patience now a day. It's always, I have to get here and then there or I need this thing now not later. It's pushing people in the street to fighting without hearing one another out. Happiness could have been found with having patience, but one can't be happy if one does not know how to be patient for what they need in life."

Staring at Nicholas, I allowed his words to sink in. I knew what he was saying was true because I've seen it first hand when I used to attend school on Earth. People on Earth just never seem to be happy or have patience.

Breaking eye contact with Nicholas, I stared at the books. All the answers I needed were right there, written perfectly by the people who knew the universe better than anyone.

"We can't stay here looking for answers but... maybe we can take some books with us. Just the ones that can help me, nothing more."

"Well then what are we waiting for? Grab the books and let's go."

Looking at the books, I quickly decide to pick some out. I made sure to grab almost all the journals that belonged to Raphael and the last one of my mothers. I wanted to figure out how the blessing came to be and how it ended up being the way it was. Next, I looked for anything pertaining to hunters and demons. There were a couple of books on the anatomy of hunters as well as how they use their powers.  There was, however, only one book pertaining to demons. I quickly looked through the book but realized it didn't give me any information I didn't know. It just stated how they came to be and the descendants of Lucifer. All in all, I only had 3 books I wanted to take. For the third one, I settled with the journal that talked about how the hunters use their powers.

"So what books do you have?" Nicholas asked when he saw me walking away from the books.

"Um, the first journal of Raphael and the last journal of my mother. I also got one about hunters."

"What about demons?" Nicholas asked.

Shrugging my shoulders, I locked eyes with him before responding.

"There is only one and it just talks about the basis of what a demon is."

"There's nothing more?"

"There's not going to be any personal journals here about demons. It's not like there is a royal demon running around here."

"Well how about the prince of Earth? He's royal."

"And who's that?"

"Lucifer," Nicholas stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm not even going to entertain the conversation as to why there is no journal in here that belongs to him," I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yeah well, you didn't even know he was called that."

"I didn't see a journal titled that way."

"Well, we can worry about that bit some other time, at least you have something to start with," Nicholas responded.

"So any ideas as to how we are going to get these books out of here without being seen by Kennedy?"

Smirking, Nicholas allowed his eyes to change colors.

"Leave that bit up to me."

********************************************************

Alex's Pov:

"Please tell me you're kidding?"

"Amber, why would I kid about something like this?" I asked.

"And you just left her?" Amber asked.

Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked at Amber. At this precious moment, I was supposed to meet up with the remaining sins I haven't seen. I was supposed to hold the meeting at my house with Gabe, Jackie, and David, but decided against it. I wasn't in the mood to talk strategy. The only reason I was even talking to Amber was because I didn't know where else to go.

"Alex you know you shouldn't be here, you should be with your mate," Amber said as she came to sit in front of me.

Shaking my head, I reached out to grab my glass that was half full of whiskey. I knew it was a sin to drink but I allowed myself an exception. It wasn't like I was going to get punished.

"I don't think Skylar wants to see me at this moment. I mean, you should have seen her Amber. One minute she's staring directly at me and the next, she's kneeling before me."

"Why is it that you don't want to include her in anything that you do?" Amber asked as she gently removed my glass from my hand to set down.

Shrugging my shoulders, I watched as Amber placed my glass down on her coffee table before responding.

"For starts, she isn't ready to handle the responsibility and secondly I don't want to lose her again. I mean she got infected maybe two weeks ago and her body still isn't healing itself correctly."

"She's never going to be ready if you keep babying her. No matter how much you try to fight it, her faith was already created before you had a hand in it. If she's meant to get hurt again nothing you do is going to change that," Amber responds softly.

Shaking my head, I slowly got up from my chair as I looked at Amber.

"You would think that will all the power I have, I could change her faith."

"Her faith isn't for you to change Alex. It never was. Either you love her or lose her. That is your choice and at the rate you're going, you're about to lose her all over again."

Standing up from her chair, Amber walked over to me and placed a hand on my cheeks. She gave me a small smile before responding.

"Alex you have to stop fearing the fear of losing her because if not, it'll come true. She has always picked you, why can't you do the same."

Staring at Amber, I couldn't help but feel my eyes changing colors. I found myself sniffing and it wasn't until Amber removed her hand from my cheek that I realized that I was crying. Her hand was stained black from my tears.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I quickly tried to clean my face.

"Don't be," Amber responded.

Looking at the clock that hung on the living room wall, I realized that it was about to be five in the afternoon. When I had arrived here it was 1 in the afternoon.

"I should probably start heading home," I mumbled.

"You shouldn't have ever left Alexandra," Amber remarked as she gently grabbed my upper arm.

Without getting it a second thought, I allowed Amber to guide me to the front door. I knew she wasn't trying to be rude, if anything, I was glad that she was pushing for me to leave. I knew I wouldn't have on my own account.

Even Gods try to escape their own worlds. That's why Heaven existed.

"Alex, I wouldn't tell you how to run your Kingdom or how you decide to handle your responsibility, but I will tell you this much. Skylar isn't something you have a right too. Let her have her own free will to do as she please, after all, she not your property, she's just your mate."

"I suppose you're right," I stated as I gripped the doorknob.

"Good, now go apologize, and do it correctly."

Nodding my head, I gave Amber a quick kiss on her cheek before opening the front door. Making sure that the coast was clear, I quickly took out my wings and flew straight up.

It didn't take to long to get home since Amber's house was only a few miles away, but I did take my time nevertheless. I was practicing what I was going to say to Skylar when I saw her. Nothing I came up with though seemed right. It either came out to focus or it lacked sympathy.

Frustrated with myself, I could feel my eyes already changing colors.

As soon as I landed on my property the guards tried to come up to me, but with one glance in their direction, they stayed where they were positioned.

I didn't want to lash out on anyone because I was frustrated with myself. I also didn't want to see Skylar in fear that she might get upset that I was upset.

It just didn't seem like I could win in any situation. Obviously though, I knew I couldn't just walk into the house and not greet Skylar. So I decided to just swallow my pride, what little a queen should have, and walk up to the bedroom I shared with Skylar.

Hesitantly when I got to the door, I found myself struggling to knock on the door, but I knew there was no point in just standing out here in the hallway. I could already sense Skylar, and if I could tell she was behind this door then the same went with her. Allowing my body to take in some air and expanding my lungs a bit, despite the obvious fact that I didn't need to breathe, I did so anyway. Trying one last time, I raised my hand and softly knocked on the door.

"May I come in?" I called out from behind the door.

Waiting a few sounds, I heard some noise before Skylar finally gave me the okay.

Slowly opening the door, I automatically felt myself try and stand tall, seemingly trying to display my status. It came naturally, the role of being someone in charge but I tried my best to drop my shoulders, as I walked farther into the room.

Laying in bed, under the cover was Skylar, with her phone in her hands. She shot me a quick glance, before turning her attention back to her phone. Bitting the inside of my cheek, I turned to look at the flowers that were still sitting on the dresser. Softly walking over to them, I cleared my throat before speaking.

"No one should play God, it isn't as fun as everyone thinks it is," I commented, slowly waving a hand over the dead flower.

Allowing some of my energy to move from within me to the flowers, I slowly brought them back to life, the pedals slowly growing back as bright as before. Letting out the air that I had held in my lungs to be able to do this, I calm myself, allowing my lungs to go back to a still motion. Taking a peek out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Skylar was watching me, her phone still in her hands though. This gave me the courage to turn my body towards her and walk over to our bed.

"It's almost second nature to me now though, but it never gets any easier to do so," I said.

"You brought them back to life," Skylar commented pointing to the flowers with her phone.

"It's easier to do with small organism, it doesn't take much to regenerate their cells, but with humans it's much harder. It takes a lot more energy," I responded, stopping short from my side of the bed.

Nodding her head slowly, she turned her attention back to her phone. Once again, I bite the inside of my cheek. I wanted nothing more than to get her attention, so I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Do you want to learn it?"

That caught her attention, however, as quick as the surprise expression over came her face, it left, replaced with a bored stare.

"No," Skylar responded once again giving her phone more attention than me.

It was now my turn to be surprised. Skylar was never one to turn down the chance to learn something.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I rather avoid getting yelled at or control, or even told how bad of an angel I am. Beside what good will it do me? It's not like I'll ever use any of the skills I'm taught. I swear Rapunzel had more freedom than me," Skylar replied, mumbling the last part.

Running my hand through my hair, I forced myself to take a seat on the bed.

"I'm sorry Skylar," I said softly.

"Okay."

"Can you please put your phone down for a second," I asked, noticing I still didn't have her full attention because of it.

"Why don't you just command me to put the phone down," Skylar shot back, still not looking at me.

"I never meant to com-"

"You've tried before and it didn't work. Now it did, aren't you happy? You can control everything that was created in purity now, congratulation."

"What are you-"

"With the other sins and bless angel when I told you stop invading my thoughts or did you also just forget that fight because we are having a new one?"

Scratching the back of my neck, I didn't know how to respond to that. Surely that case was different because she was being influence by the disease but it wasn't much different from our new fight either.

"Do you want some space Skylar?" I asked softly after a few moments of silence.

This seemed to anger her more. Slamming her phone down, and sitting up straight, Skylar turned her body completely towards me before responding.

"What I want is to be your dam equal. I want to be included in the meetings and I don't want to be talked down to as if I was just your subject."

Staring into Skylar's eyes, I watched as her eyes started to lighten up, the veins around them starting to pop out a bit.

Trying my best to remain calm, I tried a different approach to tey and get Skylar to talk to me. Clearing my throat I tried again.

"When I got hit with Mike Wines' bullet, it was destroying me from the inside out, not allowing my body to regenerate like it usually does. The thing though is, you can't destroy or create energy only transfer it from one form to another. He wanted to transfer my energy to himself but he wasn't able to because I was brought back to Heaven. To keep it short, my father transfer your energy into me allowing me to live. Til this day, I dislike when people take other's energy because of the guilty I had to endure thanks to my father,"

"I appreciate you telling me this Alexandra but why are you doing so? Why now?" Skylar asked, her eyes now completely on me.

"I was upset to see you take any living organisms' life because my father did that to you. it just brought back those memories. Skylar, I see you as an equal and if anything I see you to be above me because I think so fondly of you. The thing though is, instinctively someone has to be the alpha and sadly that is me. I cannot control it but, I want to prove to you that I do see you as an equal so, next meeting I have, you are more than welcome to join under one condition."

Raising her eyebrows at me, she seemed to be bitting on the inside of her cheek. For a moment she seemed to be having an inter-battle with herself.

"What's the condition?" She asked.

"Let me show you how to control your energy. To at least be able to correctly transfer it and move it through your body so as to not trigger your angel side. The topics we discussion can be very sensitive and I cannot have you switching from being normal to being infected."

"And that's all?" She asked after a moment.

Nodding my head, I inched my hands closer to her leg, slightly caressing it with the tips of my fingers. It caught her attention as she quickly looked at me hand but made no statement objecting to it. Instead she just locked eyes with me again.

"Okay, well... how hard can that be."

Smiling, I couldn't help but chuckle, glad to see Skylar nervously laugh.

"Not hard at all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 267 11
As the title says
102K 3.1K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
3.8M 88.6K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
1.1M 62.3K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...