thief.

By asanation-

jennie tests the popularized phrase of 'ride or die' when she comes back in contact with a now dangerous frie... More

π•₯π•™π•šπ•–π•—.
the town home.
the medic.
the other doctor.
the bag of chips.
the club.
the fight.
the video.
the sandwich.
the basement.
the office.
the neighbors.
the bathroom.
the racer.
the racer pt. 2
the couch.
the club dancer.
the cup of coffee.
the problem.
the stare.
the water bottle.
the arena.
the daydream.
the gun.
the soirΓ©e.
the jinx.
the nickname.
the knock.
the phonecall.
the move.
the admirer.
the invite.
the lunch.
the shot pt. 1
the shot pt. 2
the day off.
the flowers.
the bullet.
the breakdown.
the storm.
the kitchen.
the surprise trip.
the mom.
the photo.
the bruise.
the girlfriend.
the shirt.
the past.
the girl.
the chair.
the dress.
the sister.
the break-in.
the jump-attack.
the weakness.
the reveal.
the deal.
the deal pt.2
the sacrifice.
the break.
the thief.
the epilogue.

the abduction.

4.1K 221 23
By asanation-

A few weeks passed. She got better, but Jennie wasn't necessarily in the best condition to return back to her work. But still, despite that she tried. Taehyung was the one who greeted her as she was putting on her jacket.

"You're not ready to go back."

"When will I ever be, Taehyung?" She sighed. "I wonder how you deal with this every day, because that...I don't think I could deal with that again. Not just physically, that hurt my brain too."

"I don't get stabbed everyday."

"You don't, but it feels like you do." The brunette reached for her boots, scowling slightly when his hand cut her off.

"If you try and put them on, you're going to hurt yourself more." The male reasoned, instead taking the shoes in his own hands.

Jennie watched him in silence, then let out a breath. "Did Taeyong say anything to you?"

"Nothing I didn't know." He responded vaguely, she rolled her eyes.

"Be specific."

"Don't worry about it." He turned to look up at her. Taehyung had successfully helped her put on one boot. "It's not anything you don't know about me already."

"I don't like it when you're tense."

"What gave it away?" Taehyung mumbled, taking his time to finish tying the laces.

"That's not important." She bit her lip. "Have a board meeting. Maybe the others can help you think of an idea."

"It's already scheduled for this afternoon."

"Okay."

"Did they...say anything to you before Baekhyun's men tried to hurt you?"

Jennie bit her lip. She couldn't remember much, thinking about it. Probably a way for her brain to forget the traumatic incident, by ignoring it. However, she did recall a woman as her assaulter, though he already knew that news already.

"No. Not really." Her shoulders loosened. "But I think he's trying to get rid of the people who are close to you and Lisa."

He nodded to himself. A small smile crept up Jennie's lips, it didn't fade when he finished tying the other shoe, and turned back to her.

"So? How is it."

"It's decent." She wiggled her toes. "Not bad."

He arched an eyebrow at her. "Any reason why you're smiling all of a sudden?"

Jennie scowled, then fisted a hand around his collar, pushing him back into one knee in front of her.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung sometimes you drive me nuts."

For the first time in a while, he smiled. His lips grew into a small smirk from what was originally a scoff. She returned it.

"Can't I just look at you and smile?"

"You are a soldier Jennie Kim." Roseanne grinned, patting her shoulder. "Knew you wouldn't quit on us."

The shorter brunette smiled to herself, leaning back into the chair more comfortably. "Thank you."

"Is Jungkook not here yet?" V asked to the other men sitting at the table with them. "Usually he's on time."

"Haven't seen him." Hoseok shrugged. "Sometimes he runs late. Lisa's not here either, so they're probably coming together."

"Have you talked to her yet?" Jisoo questioned towards Jennie. "I know you've had a lot going on, but Lisa feels bad for what she said."

"No." She shook her head. "Haven't had time, with all of this happening."

Jisoo's face softened when Jennie sighed. "But the feeling is mutual."

"So, after months of thinking on it, I say we finally do something." Taehyung stole a look to Chaeyoung, who smiled in satisfaction. "I have been waiting for the right moment, and I think it's now, considering Baekhyun is cutting more and more corners."

"We should give him a bait." Namjoon suggested. "Something that he wants badly."

"The thing that he really wants, he also wants to kill." Jennie pointed out. "And it's not just Lisa anymore."

"From what I can remember, he's trying to get rid of the people both Lisa and Taehyung are close so. They tried to kill me first. I think the next person might be—"

She was interrupted when the tall blonde threw open the office doors, clearly out of breath.

"Have you seen Jungkook? He's not answering my calls."

Jisoo tensed. "Jennie, if you're right...then he might be the next one."

"The next one?" Lisa stared at the others around her, confused. "What?"

"You haven't seen him?" Taehyung got up from his chair. "When was the last time?"

"On Tuesday." She sighed. "H-He said he had something important to do. I kept bugging him about what it was, but he would never tell me."

Jennie closed her eyes. This was bad.

Very bad.

"You mean he was taken?" Lalisa stared up at V, who was pacing around his room. "By Baekhyun? He's going to kill him!"

"No! He won't kill him." He pulled down the blinds of his windows. "I know he won't. It's a way to get you into his clutch, Lis."

"Well, it's working." Lisa tried to stop the bouncing of her knee, to no avail. "I have to go."

"No. You won't."

"Taehyung." Jennie reasoned, gaining his attention. "Get some air. Don't argue about this right now."

Discreetly, she was trying to get him to leave the room so she could talk to Lisa. All it took was an outsider to notice the thick tension in the room. Lisa was scared, Taehyung didn't know what to do.

"Fine," He breathed. "Call me later."

The brunette nodded, getting up to sit closer to Lalisa. When he was gone, she let out a breath.

"I'm scared Jennie. Jungkook could be in deep danger right now...I'm sure he is. If I lose him, I-I don't know what I would do. I can't even describe the things he did for me before I met you."

"When I moved from Thailand to Korea again, I had because of an anonymous letter I received from someone. Turns out it had been from V. His father — our father had been looking for me after the news of my mother taking me and moving to Thailand to escape her husband. She died soon after. But, when I met V here in Seoul, I was not the same girl you see right now. I was a literal mess, I did all these awful things to myself...like I was addicted to my own self suffering."

"V and Jungkook changed my life in many ways. V became like my actual brother, and almost like the parent I never had. He was harsh with me most of the times, and we fought a lot." She was crying. "And Jungkook...he was a complete asshole to me. At first V assigned him to watch over me because I was pretty impulsive, and he was pretty blunt with his opinions. Whenever I did something that probably wasn't the best idea, he wouldn't hesitate to call me out. It was so annoying, he got on my nerves all the time. But I can't remember when that transitioned into me liking him, or when it became him liking me back. But he was the only one who understood me in a way that Taehyung didn't. Both of them covered the different spectrums of my personality. To lose either one of them is like losing a part of myself."

"I don't expect you to understand what I went through after moving here...because a lot happened. I know you were upset that I didn't tell you, and I'm sorry. I was just scared of what you would think after all of this, I was the one who convinced you in the first place and got you deep into all of this. I just never seem to do anything right! And now, Jungkook's in danger. Because of me."

"It's not your fault Lisa." Jennie sighed. "I probably won't be able to convince you, but know that it's not."

"And don't worry about Jungkook. You've got all of us, and Taehyung who are going to do anything to get him back."

a/n: i might've teased a possible prequel for thief in this chapter :) if you got an idea of what it might be about, comment below ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 7.4K 33
taehyung, the boy with the kindest heart, got a letter from a stranger. "dear you," he is finding out who this girl is and what happened to her. why...
3.2K 206 31
two best friends, grow together, they are like 'one soul in two different bodies ' both have crush but on different people and they start dating w...
72K 3.1K 23
A short story between the initial encounter of two people; never seen before. #1 taennie #1 Taejen
10.1K 553 22
❝By the way what's your name Princess?❞ Taehyung asked to the girl. ❝Let's not meet with each other again❞ Jennie winked to him and left hurriedly. ...