๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ถ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘น ๐‘ฒ๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ต๐‘ฐ๏ฟฝ...

By K-Global

!!SEASON TWO COMING SOON!! Season One's winner is @astroduality (was chersonesse) K-Global welcomes you to K... More

โ˜•๏ธŽ ๐ญ ๐ž ๐š ๐ฌ ๐ž ๐ซ โ˜•๏ธŽ
เผบ K A R N I V A L' S G A L E R I A เผป
โžปโžปโžป S E A S O N O N E W I N S
โžปโžปโžป I N T E R V I E W #1
โžปโžปโžป I N T E R V I E W #2
โžปโžปโžป H I G H L I G H T S
โ˜ž๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โœง S E A S O N O N E โœง โ˜œ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ
โœง M E E T & G R E E T โœง
โœง R O U N D - 1 โœง
โœง R#1 E N T R I E S โœง
โœง R O U N D 2 โœง
โœง R#2 E N T R I E S โœง
โœง R#2 R E S U L T S โœง
โœง R O U N D 3 โœง
โœง R#3 E N T R I E S โœง
โœง R#3 R E S U L T S โœง
โœง S P E C I A L R O U N D โœง
โœง S P E C I A L E N T R I E S โœง
โœง S P E C I A L R E S U L T S โœง
โœง S E M I F I N A L S #1 โœง
โœง S E M I S #1 E N T R I E S โœง
โœง S E M I S #1 E N T R I E S (contd.) โœง
โœง S E M I S #1 R E S U L T S โœง
โœง S E M I F I N A L S #2 โœง
โœง S#2 E N T R I E S + R E S U L T โœง
โœง W I N N E R S โœง
โœงโœง G R A N D F I N A L E โœงโœง
โœงโœง F I N A L R E S U L T S โœงโœง
**Quick Survey**
โ˜ž๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ˜†๐š€๐šž๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐š—๐š™๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ๐šœโ˜† โ˜œ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ
โ˜†๏ธŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐šž๐š•๐š๐šœ โ˜†๏ธŽ

โœง R#1 R E S U L T S โœง

292 25 50
By K-Global

We are really very excited to bring to you, the results of the first round of Kover Karnival. We know all of our participants worked hard and all of them deserve the best.

Let's see what our judges have to say about your works!

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

1. Juverine

Siah : 18/20
-i love the cover ! although , some thing seems off in it , i think it's the font. if it were more bigger and highlighted , then it would've definitely been perfect !

Adlyn : 16/20
I love the melting clock placed behind the figure, it added so much to the cover and the interpretation as a whole was mind blowing. The only thing that put me off was the texture of the figure, I think you could use some sharpness instead of smooth brush strokes then she would've stood out a lot more. But then again, I'm just too picky haha!

Synn : 11/20
So like I said before, one factor I dislike in covers is when the designer edited the character's face so much to the point that I can't recognize the person. It slightly happened in your cover which bothered me, to be honest. Your explanation is really good and I can see that with more practice, you'll be able to portray what you want to show, better.
Using 1 font style is a plus but I wish you could've used uppercase letters cause the background tend to get all the attention instead of the title of the story (which is more important), and I guess avoid placing the name of the author that way (slanted, on the character's clothing) cause it looks like a watermark.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

2. ughgay

Siah : 20/20
-bruh, i am whipped. the interpretation was amazing , the font , the color , the highlights of this cover , they're all amazing omg :')

Adlyn : 16/20
I love how you used the title font there! Everything in here seems to match real well with your interpretation. I can see you've used a lot of tools and have tried your very best. Maybe a little too much?

Synn : 18/20
I really really love your entry, it's my top choice in this round, keep up the good work! Your photo's quality is high, the fonts you used go well together and your coloring is great too.

But why 18 and not a perfect score? You stated on your explanation that one side of Jimin's face is happy and content but I can't really see it... I'm seeing more of a "nostalgic" look. But anyway, that's just a small matter, overall you did well.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

3. cherrieah

Siah : 18/20
-it's pretty cool. although , the interpretation wasn't really good , and the 'by cherriah' font doesn't make the cover as good.

Adlyn : 14/20
The smokey and dark vibe is just lovely! Though I think the cover would've looked great without those question marks and the faded "Road Not Taken" on the left top of the cover too. The interpretation was well thought ^^

Synn : 15/20
Okay, truthfully, the lower half of your cover is really pretty (from the very bottom to the top of the character's head) but I had a problem with the top half cause it appears having some kind of a dead space there. I think it would've been better having some background beyond the smoke and not just a plain area and text, or if you'll just enlarge the character.
But other than those, you really did well with the typography and coloring! I love that you stick to a palette (red-white-black) and the title is clearly seen.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

4. chersonesse

Siah : 20/20
-the interpretation is perfect. i love the simplicity of this cover and the font is so cool. the faceclaim + background go so well together wow. it's super creative , i luv it

Adlyn : 20/20
Literally have no flaws to point out in here. Its perfect. The title is placed too well and clean. Definitely would grab a book in an instant seeing a cover such as this! Well done with the unique interpretation as well. ^^

Synn : 14/20
Photos used are high quality which is a big deal for me so that's a plus! Your explanation is really great too and I can feel that you thoroughly interpreted it on your own.
The thing that bothers me though, are the branches on the ground (lol). The sizes of the branches don't fit well with the size of the person holding the balloons. It may seem weird that I noticed even that but... that one particular branch near the character is even as long as his leg and it kinda irks me (which I know is possible in real life but it would've been better if those are removed/made smaller).

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

5. jiminui_yeochin

Siah : 15/20
-i like the interpretation. it's not really very creative tho plus the font makes me feel like it kinda ruined the cover. the burnt paper at the side doesn't match really well :(

Adlyn : 13/20
First off, I just am in love with your interpretation of the poem, its really out of the box thinking and makes everything a lot more deep. Though the cover could get more of editing done and a little touch-ups here and there.

Synn : 09/20
There's so much happening in your cover and I can't seem to focus one thing. There's a burning edge on the top and some kind of a teared apart effect in the middle. The photos don't match that well too, although your explanation is really good (putting a story there is great) and you've shown what you explained, but I know it could've been interpreted better. Maybe just stick to one photo next time and try playing with the title if you're using a cursive font type (like some words could be bigger than the others, or you could place it diagonally with some loops overlapping each other). Continue practicing your craft and don't stop checking out other graphic designers' works to learn more styles/techniques.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

6. divinegguk

Siah : 20/20
-the color is beautiful. the shiny effect they've used + the wings on yoongi are amazing. i love how creative this is and the font makes it seem so much cooler.

Adlyn : 16/20
Omg! I love those little sparkles here and there and his wings are beautifully edited in! Also absolutely love the hope and change for good things in your understanding of the poem.
Its just the color contrast bothering me quite a bit. I wasn't able to notice those butterflies until you mentioned them in your interpretation :(
Maybe everything is little too blue? Like it's difficult to distinguish between the object within, due to all being more or less the same color?

Synn : 17/20
I know you (hahahaha) I already expected a great entry from you, and you didn't disappoint me. Yours is my second favorite. It's high quality and the title and the character are equally eye-catching. You also have used a good font style and your explanation is short but precise (which I prefer).
One thing that I kinda dislike though is the font you've used for your quote. It's a different type of cursive/script font style than the one you used in the title, and I sort of feel that it's redundant? (can't think of a better term hehe) I wish you could've used the font style in the "GRAPHICS BY NIKKI" instead.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

7. tokyoschild

Siah : 19/20

-pretty creative. the highlighted font is amazing , plus the interpretation is amazing ! i like this a lot.

Adlyn : 14/20
I can see your effort making this work with the font, it can get quite bothersome sometimes :(
but the word "taken" is bothering me since its not very much readable. Great effort though! We all improve step by step ^^

Synn : 12/20
The photo you used looks really good and has the potential to look like a professional book cover if edited properly. Like one of the previous entries, I love the lower half of it, but when I scroll up, that's when the problem appears. You used four font styles which is (in my opinion) a no-no in cover-making (read somewhere that 3 is the maximum number of font styles in a cover).
I really think that if you would've used the same font in "TAKEN" with the words "THE ROAD NOT" and also edited it in the same way (fading effect), it would've been much better. Your choice of image and explanation is great though and I believe you have a long way to go!

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

8. mani_v

Siah : 20/20
-it is slightly different than the rest of the covers , and it's uniqueness makes it stand out. totally creative , yet simple and pretty. the vhs effect is like the cherry on top , wow !

Adlyn : 19/20

This is one unique cover and I absolutely love it! Its so well made, the placing of the title and the "play" on the top of the edit really makes me want to discover and know more about the story behind the picture. Your interpretation is well thought through, I could see myself relate to it! Well done~

Synn : 15/20
I see you're a minimalist editor and I'm actually quite glad knowing that one is a part of this competition :) I know how difficult it could be for those editors who prefer minimalist/simple aesthetic style to join in contests like this, cause some tends to judge based on manipulation/blending skills which is actually, quite unfair (if you ask me).
Okay, enough with the drama. I really like your entry, it's clean and even with the use of various effects, you were able to put it together nicely. Though there's one thing about your cover; at one glance, it seems like nothing much was happening there but after reading your explanation, the elements you used actually have meanings - which could either be an advantage or a disadvantage for you. But thankfully, I (and the other judges, I believe) are someone who reads explanations so that's a good thing for you (hahaha!).

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

9. Softheartxx

Siah : 14/20
-firstly , the font isn't good. the cover is too dark and even though it's simple , it's not eye catching. the bubble effect thingie is cool tho.

Adlyn : 10/20
You chose the picture very wisely I see~ Though I find the cover too empty. It doesn't have any elements to make it stand out to me personally. Your interpretation of the poem is really meaningful and lesson worthy, well done ^^

Synn : 08/20
Honestly, I had a hard time judging your entry cause it took me a long time to distinguish what I like and dislike about it. First of all, I think the raw image you used is already enough (for me). The addition of the vines/leaves vector at the top and bottom, and the fairy lights thing on the top is kinda unnecessary. You could keep the paper planes vector, it looks okay with or without it.
Second, it looks like the title wasn't given much importance because of the placing and the font size, which shouldn't be applied in book covers. I suggest you keep viewing graphic portfolios and broaden your scope about font styles to improve your craft. Also, joining more competitions like this could greatly help too.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

10. KookooCash

Siah : 15/20
-it's good , the interpretation is cool. but this effect , they've used i forgot what it's called , totally ruins the cover. it would've been so much better without it.

Adlyn : 14/20
Wow, This is beautiful! It gives me autumn vibes and I'm loving it ~ I just think it needs a nice finishing touch with the title font, that's all! Well done with the interpretation. It's one of my fave poems as well ;)

Synn : 10/20
I had a problem with your entry and that is I can't identify the problem with it (lol jk). I think I ended up judging it based on my preference, to be honest, cause I don't really like that image-turn-to-painting/drawing effect you used (don't know what it's called). It has the possibility to make an edit look childish if not manipulated properly especially with the font style you've chosen, it added to that certain feeling.
Also, in my opinion, the half-colored, half-grayscaled effect doesn't match with the image. Maybe if the girl is facing us then it could be understood, but she wasn't showing us any expression (cause she's literally not facing us hehe) that one could interpret into a, let's say, a colored and a dull world.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

11. noaireu

Siah : 19/20
-wow. i love this. the interpretation was really good. plus the font makes it seem like a cool mysterious cover.

Adlyn : 15/20
Isn't this one unique piece? Such an intriguing design you got there! Well done! But somehow the girl looks out of place I guess?
I love your understanding of the poem ^^

Synn : 11/20
You have portrayed your explanation clearly but I feel like there's something wrong in your cover that I can't pinpoint. Again, this may sound like I'm basing my judgement in my own preferences (and not with your skills) but - the girl being on top of the Earth is too much for me.
Honestly, with only the world there - without the girl and the road signs - it would've sufficed cause the photo is pretty enough and your chosen typography goes well together too. Maybe a girl just walking down a deserted road with a road sign ahead, would've been enough too, cause having the entire Earth there is too... vast.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

12. Dippy08

Siah : 13/20
-this cover once again , doesn't have a good font. it seems messy and the smol rm looks out of place. the borders make it seem pretty disorganized but hey the interpretation was nice.

Adlyn : 12/20
I see RM there haha~
Its a bit too much going on here? Don't you think? Your style is pretty unique. The accents make the cover look a little too grainy in my opinion.
Good job with the interpretation hon!

Synn : 09/20
There's too much happening in your cover and it makes my focus wander. Like one of the previous entries, you also used 4 font styles which is a big no-no. Another thing is your image, it's low quality and we all know Wattpad tends to lower the quality of the photos uploaded in the site so... yeah, your cover won't pretty much appear how it is.
Tip: When searching images and you've come upon a low quality one, try using <right click> "Search Google for image." On the results, there will be "Find other sizes of this image:" then click "High" or "Medium" for better quality.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

13. kckdarke_94

Siah : 16/20
-the font is really good. there was no explanatory paragraph tho. i don't understand the use of a castle and those line thingies nor does the subtitle fit. im sure they could've done a better job.

Adlyn : 11/20
I don't fully get the idea of what you tried to interpret through the cover. (I might be just dumb lol) It doesn't really have anything that catches my attention at first glance. The overall design is a bit dull. Maybe next time I'll be loving your design lot more! I loved your short poem of the poem haha ~ Thank you for your efforts ^^

Synn : 09/20
I'm sorry but again, there's too much happening in this entry. You have used two different cursive/script fonts on your title and author name which makes it incompatible and the style you used on your quote is (I think) not a recommended font type for a book cover.
I don't know if I should look at Taehyung or the Big Ben (if I'm not mistaken) on the background, and looking at them is even difficult because of the overlays/effects (dust? and beams?). I think it would've been better if I can see Taehyung clearly with a faint view of Big Ben on the background.
Actually, the font style you used in the title is good too but I suggest you try playing around with it (like some words could be bigger than the others, or you could place it diagonally with some loops overlapping each other).

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

14. CutenentNJ

Siah : 17/20
-a forest themed one , yup i likey. although jungkook seems out of place idk , if only they would've blended him well and used a bold font for all the words, it would've been perfect.

Adlyn : 12/20
I love your simple design, though I think placing Jeongguk in the middle needed a bit more of editing to not make him look out if place? Like a toning down the brightness of the backdrop? Well done with the interpretation~

Synn : 12/20
The good things about your entry is its clean editing and eye-catching title, which is a plus. But I think, your chosen background is too much for the photo of Jungkook. It tends to snatch the character's spotlight because of the bright colors it has.
But the colors actually match (on the same palette) so maybe try putting it in a collage-type of book cover? (ex. If I Stay book cover) And you can add more photos with the same colors (colors of autumn, perhaps?), a polaroid-style cover is good too with 2 polaroids on the cover - 1 of Jungkook and 1 of the background you used.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

15. caramelkalopsia

Siah : 17/20
-it's pretty creative. the use of different colored fonts is awesome although it would've been better if they used white instead of black on the bright side.

Adlyn : 12/20
Love your interpretation of the poem! Very detailed and well thought indeed~ The only thing off about your design is the first half of the title is not readable and the picture used is not very understandable at first sight. Good job trying your best though ^^

Synn : 08/20
Again, like I said on one of the previous entries, please practice on using high quality photos on your covers cause Wattpad tends to lower the quality of photos uploaded in the site and if your cover is already lq, then... yeah.
[Tip: When searching images and you've come upon a low quality one, try using <right click> "Search Google for image." On the results, there will be "Find other sizes of this image:" then click "High" or "Medium" for better quality.]
You decided not to put a character in your cover which is (for me) considered as a risk, cause there's nothing that could pique the reader's interest at first glance other than the title of the book. So I suggest next time, make the title dominate the cover, use an eye-catching font style, color and placement for it.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

16. Jeontids

Siah : 17/20
-it's cool , i like how they put all the details on taehyung. it seems mysterious and cool but once again the font ruins it. if only they would've not used red colour for it :(

Adlyn : 13/20
The contrast of your title font with the overall design comes a bit off to me.The leaf merging edit is definitely not my cup of tea :')

Though I totally appreciate your hardwork on this one! Great job with the interpretation of the poem ^^

Synn : 10/20
So yeah, for the third time (I'm just copy-pasting this hehe) like I said on one of the previous entries, please practice on using high quality photos on your covers cause Wattpad tends to lower the quality of photos uploaded in the site and if your cover is already lq, then... yeah.

[Tip: When searching images and you've come upon a low quality one, try using <right click> "Search Google for image." On the results, there will be "Find other sizes of this image:" then click "High" or "Medium" for better quality.]
The cropping of Taehyung's photo is actually great, you've zoomed it in nicely and its placement is good. That leaves-effect on his skin is okay too but it becomes too much with the forest background, it would've been better if you leave it with plain-colored backdrop (in my opinion). Also, avoid using more than three font styles on your edits.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

17. EARTHSETTES

Siah : 20/20
-this is pretty different and i love it. the purple colour is beautiful. the faceclaim suits the background so well. the bubbles , the mountains , they all create an angsty feeling. it's perfect !

Adlyn : 17/20
Well don't you have a beautiful mind? Literally would've never thought in so much depth over the poem, well done! Im really loving the simplicity of your design!

Synn : 15/20
Your color palette is really pretty, I love it! I like that retro effect (is that what it's called? hehe) on Wheein's earrings. I don't have much complaints with this cover cause the typography is nice too.
The only thing I find 'misplaced' are the circle things, I think those are kinda unnecessary? I don't know if this would look good (cause I'm just imagining it) but maybe putting a big one (the circle thing) behind her head - like a halo - would've been better.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

18. DiCatMin

Siah : 18/20
-the cover's interpretation is really good. the font has been blended too much tho , idk plus jimin at the background seems , um messy ? it's good overall tho :)

Adlyn : 13/20
Since you mentioned your design as an 'abstract' I'll have to admit, its well made in matter of edition! Its just the title which kind of ruins it for me. Well done with the interpretation!

Synn : 08/20
I think in a book cover, two of the most important elements are the character and the title, the attention should be on them but with your entry, it ended up looking like the focus is on the background instead. Also, it lacks the author's name, which is something important too. Maybe you should work on that. Be careful with the overlay/fading effect cause the object you're editing might end up being the background instead.

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Huhhh that was hell lotta copying and pasting even for my new phone! Bitch hung so many times :'')

Anyway, before we move on to the final tally, I think I wanna give my POV as the main host towards this poem.

I'd like to give an honorable mention in this round to tokyoschild regardless of the score she gets. Because I think her cover was the closest to my (and BTSdope123's) imagination.

Tbh..."The Road Not Taken" for me is very special because it's something most of us might have experienced. Making decisions and then questioning our own choices. Not knowing how something could've turned out if you chose some other path. And how one small change of opinion can actually make a huge difference. When I visualized a picture representing the poem...I never saw a particular face with it. Obviously it was my POV and so, I thought it can be anyone but at the end of the day it's probably about the choices. It wasn't angst, nostalgia or any feeling of that sort...but rather just a reality, a slice of life. Just a road that could lead me to anywhere, but I never took it so I would never really know where I could've been if I chose it.

(Cover Credits : petalli )

Well enough of my blabber. Moving on to more important things :D

After the first round the scores are something like this.

(tell me if there is any mistake in the table)

So we can see that we've three people with highest scores in this round, and I clearly never expected that. But they were indeed great so well deserved.
Congrats chersonesse ughgay and mani_v !!
Sticking very close by with 2nd and 3rd highest scores are divinegguk and EARTHSETTES

And other's did a great job as well. I hope y'all do even more awesome in next round.

And now the part that I hate the most. The eliminations.
Since one of the participants, dionysows withdrew due to her busy schedule, there will be only one elimination.

Sadly announcing that the person to leave this Contest after Round One is
Softheartxx

We're thankful that you participated. We wish you all the best for you future and hope you come back next time, stronger and better :)

So this is it for Round One. See you in Round Two ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 89 15
My wlw thoughts Men DNI ๐Ÿšซ If you don't like these stories just block don't report
53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
2M 160K 43
"แ€€แ€ปแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บ แ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแŠแ€กแ€™แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€…แ€ฏแ€€แ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ท Royalแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€•แ€ฑแ€™แ€šแ€บแ€ท แ€แ€„แ€บแ€—แ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€แ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€ท แ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€ปแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€บแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ซแ€ท" "แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€ธแ€ธ" Zawgyi "แ€€แ€บแ€ณแ€•แ€นแ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€น แ€ฑแ€แ€ฌแ€นแ€แ€„แ€นแ€ฑแ€šแ€ฌแ€€แ€นแ€บแ€ฌแ€ธ...
75.3K 3.4K 79
โค๏ธ