Santaan Bhava: A Miracle That...

By Albeli_26

We often bless couple with blessing Santan Bhava: but ever wondered what will happen when this blessings turn... More

PROLOUGE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
EPILOGUE
FROM WRITER'S PEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

1.3K 119 101
By Albeli_26

As the days started to pass, the members of Bhalla family started to live with new enthusiasm. The excitement of family members started to increase as the days of the arrival of little member started to near. With handling his crazy family and his wife tantrums Raman never realised how a month had passed and his beloved wife entered in her seventh month of pregnancy. To take care of her needs Raman decided to work from home where Aditya took responsibility of office in his father absence.

The family almost took the job which they felt easy going, so that Raman can handle hai pregnant wife which was hardest to do.

"Raman...."

"Hmm kya khana hai tumhe? Icecream ya gulabjamun?" Raman half opened his left eye and looked at his wife who was staring at him with a cute pout on her lips.
(What do you wish to eat? Icecream or gulabjamun?)

"Kya Raman aapko aisa hi lagta hai ki mujhe bhook lagi hogi?" Ishita made face hearing her husband comment.
(Why do you feel like I want to eat something?)

"Roz toh tum aise hi demand karke uthati ho mujhe isliye maine poocha." Raman replied in obvious tone and yawned realsing his wife will not let him sleep now.
(Because you usually make demands in odd hours of the day.)

"Kuch bhi. Woh main keh rahi thi ki aaj na mujhe......" The way his wife stretched the last word longer then requirement grew suspicion in his mind. He quizzed his eyebrows and continued to observe his beloved pregnant wife who was still making animated face.
(Actually I want to have.... )

"Bolo bhi ab." Raman whispered calmly, continued to rub his sleep filled eyes.
(I'm listening.)

"Mujhe mangoes khaane hai." And his palm met with his forehead hearing her out of blue demand. It was almost end of monsoon and there was no way to find mangoes.
(I want to eat mangoes.)

"Jaan tumhe pata hai na is mosam mein mangoes nahi aate." He faked sweet smile at his wife who was looking at him with hopeful eyes.
(We can not find mangoes in end of monsoon.)

"But mujhe khaana hai na Raman." Ishita curled her lips making her husband sighted.
(I want to eat mangoes only.)

"Are par abhi kahan se aam aaenge Ishita. It's impossible baba."

"But aap hi toh kehte ho na ki tumhare Raman ke liye sab possible hai toh ab kya hua? Kahan gaya aapka pyar?" He rolled his eyes hearing the usual dramatic lines from her.
(But you always boasted saying nothing is impossible for you.)

"Jaan I love you and you know that. Please kuch aur kha lo, see I bought two boxes of black current for you."
(You know how much I love you, right. And I have kept boxes of black current in refrigerator for you.)

"Mujhe nahi khaana woh. I want mangoes and mangoes. Bas!!"

"Are mere baccho ki Maa, jab mango ke trees pe hi mangoes nahi hai toh tera pati kahan se laayega?" Raman tried to give reason seeing his wife doe shaped eyes which were filled with tears now.
(The mother or my kids!!! From where do I suppose to bring mangoes when there is no season of mangoes.)

"Please na mujhe kahan baby ko khaana hai." And Raman Bhalla gave up seeing the heart melting puppy dog face his wife made. He fetched his car keys and gestured his wife to follow him. After settling her on passenger seat they drove towards the 24*7 open Icecream parlour which he recently discovered. He covered her front with thin shawl and lead her inside and soon represented the different flavour of mango Icecream she carved.
(But baby wants to eat it.)

She hopped on Icecream like a five years old school girl making him forget his anger. His eyes twinkled his happiness seeing her the way she was relishing the flavours of mango Icecream. Indeed the baby bring the craziest sides of there family members including his wife itself. He don't remember her making such weird demands at the time of Aditya and Ruhi but there baby was surely different, the baby which is going to lead them towards new journey of love and happiness.

"Maza aa gaya." Raman looked at his wife who whispered while licking her fingers. He passed her tissues and lead her towards car after settling the bill. Once they settled themselve in car, his beloved wife showered his face with numerous kisses making him shock.
(It was delicious Raman.)

"Yeh kya tha?" He asked her after recovering from happy shock.
(What was that?)

"Aaj phir tum pe pyar aaya hai." She winked at him playfully as he ignited the car and soon zoomed towards there apartment. As they stepped back in there room and he started to strip his shirt he felt a hug on his back leaving him startled. His muscles loosened feeling her tender fingers on his hard biceps which soon replaced by her lips. The initial torture was bearable until her kisses became bold and vigorous. He tried to stop her but his attempts went in vain when her fingers started to pull the straps of his vest.
(I feel like to love you little more today.)

"Ishita yeh kya kar rahi ho? Chodo baba." Raman almost jumped with horrified expressions on his face, unable to believe on his wife actions at all.
(What are you doing baby? Stop it.)

"But I want to be with you." She approached him with big steps, seeing him stepping back.

"This....this is not right Ishita." Raman stammered seeing his wife approaching him like a hungry lioness.

"But I want it na..." Ishita used her usual weapon, made the possible innocent puppy face to blackmail her husband.

"Are par kyon? Kal tak toh tum mujhe bhagati rehti thi and ab mere peeche bhaag rahi ho." Raman questioned her, bewildered with her actions.
(Till yesterday you kept me away from you and all of sudden you're behind me.)

"I want hanky panky Raman, bas ittu sa." His eyes popped out hearing her hold demands, he never saw such bold side of her in these twenty five years of marriage, he rubbed his eyes to confirm the same as he saw her approaching him with shy steps.

First of all thodi si hanky panky nahi hoti hai meri Maa, ya toh hoti hai ya phir nahi hi hoti hai.
He mentally commented looking at his wife who was still hoping for some action which was not practically possible at this stage. He took her hands in his and made her sit beside him.

"Ishita kya hua baba?"
(What happened Ishita? Are you alright?)

"Raman....these hormones will make me mad someday. I carve for you badly." She scratched his well tonned chest with her manicured nails.

"Agar tumhari behen ko pata chala gaya na ki maine tumhe haath lagaya hai toh keema bana degi woh mera." Raman taunted his wife elder sister who's comment still embarrass him.
(You're sister will chop me off if she came to know about it.)

"Kya Raman, kuch bhi."  Ishita hit her husband stomach through her elbow and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Kya kuch bhi agar single ki jagah delivery ke time twins ya triplets nikal aaye na toh tumhari behen mujhe maar daalegi." His idiotic joke made her laugh and she forgot her own inner urges which were making her ma already. He kissed her forehead fondly and then her nose, the trails of kisses adored her face and at last captured her lips. They continued to savour each other tastes as long as they run out of breath and later slept cuddling with each other.
(I don't know what will happen if you gave birth to twins or triplets at the time of delivery.)

***********

The another day brought another matter of joy and happiness in Bhalla Mansion, Ishita godbharai function made the entire Bhalla family ran on there toes, especially Adi, Aaliya and Ruhi who were he'll excited to celebrate the day in special way. In these weeks Aditya not only sorted his remaining difference with his parents but also developed an affection with the baby who was yet to come. After going through old pictures of his mother babyshower ceremony happened at time of his and Roohi birth they decided to organise another babyshower, grand and beautiful than the last one.

"Aaliya tu IshiMa ki saree laayi kya? Aur Papa ki dress? Aur woh Roohi ka suit? Yaar I'm warning you to do it on time, tum ladkiyan humesha time lagati ho ready hone mein." Aditya yelled on his fiance while decorating the wooden swing with strings of marigold flowers.
(Aaliya do you collected IshiMa saree and Papa kurta? And Ruhi's suit? I'm warning you to do it on time.)

"Oh chup karo tum, tumne subah se chillane ke alawa kiya kya hai? Mera aur Ruhi ka saara kaam khatam bhi ho chuka hai." Aaliya mocked Adi back and placed the dishes of sweets on dining table. She moved towards the swing and started to wrap  strings at the remaining place. "Ruhi tumne sabko bol diya na?" Aaliya asked to ruhi who appearently came back after inviting the society members. As Aaliya Aditya finished decorating the swing, Aaliya forwarded the brown packet towards Aditya who looked at it with confusion.
(You better keep your mouth shut Adi. We have already did the things and Ruhi do you informed everyone in society?)

"Yeh lo mere would be patidev, aaj ke function ke liye. Jaakar apna huliya sahi karo, tum Raman bhalla ke bete kam aur restaurant mein kaam karne wale chotu zyada lag rahe ho." Aaliya comment made the family member laugh and left Aditya flushed. He was busy in preprations since morning and his clothes got soiled while doing chores. He glared at his fiance who showed her tongue to him and ran towards his sister room before he can catch her. Otherside Ishita Raman were going through whirlwind of emotions all of sudden where entire family was busy in making there day special they chose to stay with each other savoring the moments of past. Ishita glided her finger through the snapshot, the captured moments they once lived and now became part of there memory.
(Go and change your clothes Adi. You looked mess.)

The first picture was from her first babyshower, which her mother in law organised at the time of Aditya birth, the babyshower was grand and lavish, and they were crazy beyond anything. There excitement looked visible from there faces, the red saree she wore on her babyshower was presented by her husband the personalised handcrafted one, stealing hours from his tight schedule. And the second picture was from the time of Ruhi birth, the babyshower was more than a surprise for her and Raman, organised by her Amma and Mummy Ji just to welcome the another member in there family. Ishita caressed her tummy realsing how things had changed in there lives, the members who weren't ready to accept baby till few months back, are now running on there toes just to recheck the arrangements.

"Tum na pagal ho Ishita, yeh khwaab hi toh hum dekhte the na, aur ab jab yeh khwaab poora ho raha hai toh tum ro rahi ho."
(You're feel to cry Ishita. The dream you dreamt are real now. )

"Kuch bhi, I'm just happy. Nothing else." Ishita whispered looking at the set of clothes sent by Aaliya for the evening.

"Chalo ab ready ho jaaye? Varna tumhare dono cartoon mera hi sar khaaenge." Ishita punched her abdomen as he referred there kids as cartoon. She lovingly placed the photographs back in the album and they decided to deck themselve for the evening. Half and hour later as they stepped down hand in hand the family members and guests couldn't stop themselve from admiring the couple. Dressed in red banarasi saree, Ishita managed to stole everyone heartbeat, she dressed herself in same way like her first godbharai function. The red banarasi saree was draped finely against her body, outlining her bulged belly, her hairs adored with jasmine flowers and the red apple cheeks perfectly complimented her look for the day. Stood beside his wife encircling his arm around her waist, the protective husband Raman Bhalla wore peach color kurta along white churidaar.

The family who was busy in checking arrangements back then, started to admire the couple leaving the rest where Ishita Raman eyes birthed with tears seeing the lavish arrangements done by her three kids. The entire hall was beautifully decorated with flower strings and pink blue balloons. As they moved towards the swing, Ishita smiled seeing the spot on the wall where their numerous family pictures were pasted, reflecting there happy days. Ishita took the free end of saree and wrapped around her right shoulder seeing her mother in law coming towards her who took her in hug and kissed her forehead.

"Haaye meri bacchi, kinni soni lag rahi hai tu. Yaad hai na madhu, Adi ke waqt ki godbharai mein bhi yeh itni hi pyari lag rahi thi." Ishita blushed as her Amma kissed her forehead and her Mummy Ji applied black dot behind her earlobe.
(You look lovely Ishita. Madhu she looked lovely at the time of Aditya babyshower right?)

"Saari tareef is madrasan ko hi? Mujhe kuch milega ya nahi?" Raman gained everyone attention faking the anger which made everyone laugh. Out of excitement Santhosh pulled her son cheek making him cringe his nose and leaving family laugh on his expenses.
(Even I deserve some praises Maa.)

"IshiMa you look so pretty." Ruhi chirped seeing her mother and kissed her cheeks due to excitement. Ishita caressed her daughter cheeks who looked beautiful in red color anarkali she gifted her few months back.

"Tu hat yahan se, meri mummy hai woh." Aditya pulled his sibling away and hugged his mother making Ruhi fume. She was about to pull his hairs like usual when Raman pulled her at his side and Aaliya took Ishita towards swing not before mocking the siblings for there child like behaviour.
(Move aside Ruhi, she is my mother.)

"You liked it na IshiMa?"Aaliya sat on her knees after making Ishita comfortable on swing.

"Very much beta. Thank you." Ishita peaked Aaliya knuckles and then hugged her.

"Lo yahan toh bahu bete zyada favourite hai." Aditya faked anger seeing Aaliya clinging to his mother.
(My mother loves her daughter in law more then her own son.)

"Beta yeh yahan pacchis saal se ho raha hai." Raman laughed looking at his mother and wife, admiring the bond they started to share twenty five years back which is still continued. Santhosh ward off evil eye from Ishita and then applied kumkum in between her brows where Madhvi Iyyer gestured Raman to take place beside Ishita so that they can start the function.
(This is happening here from last twenty five years.)

As Santhosh applied vermilion to Ishita and then did aarti, Madhvi started to slid glass bangles in both the wrists, "God bless you meri kanna." Madhvi whispered and kissed her daughter forehead after applying turmeric paste on her chubby cheeks. Next to Madhvi,  Mihika came and started to slid another set of glass bangles in Ishita wrist and then filled her saree end with dry fruits as a fork of good wishes.

"So jeeju!! Kya gift dene ka socha hai Akka ko?" Mihika teased Raman who was enjoying ceremonies happily.
(What you're going to gift her?)

"Maine tumhari Akka ko yeh gift nahi diya hota toh hum aaj yeh babyshower celebrate nahi kar rahe hote. (I had already gifted her this baby. If this baby didn't happen then none of us would be here to celebrate this day.)
Raman slowly whispered enough audible to make Ishita and Mihika hear. His remark made Ishita flushed and Mihika coughed. Vandita who stood beside Ishita glared Raman and bounced back, "Raman I never saw such shameless man like you." Vandita taunted Raman in straight tone, making the playful smile vanish from Raman face. "Raman I hope tumko aage dimag aaye aur aisa koi stunt na ho." Vandita passed angry look towards Raman making Ishita hit her head with her palm.
(Raman no doubt you're a shameless man. I hope you don't perform such stunt anymore.)

"Meri Maa!!!!! Maaf kar de mujhe. I promise I will try my best not to bring more sibling for Adi, Ruhi and upcoming baby. Happy!!!"

(Forgive me professor. I promise I will try my best not to perform such stunts in future.)

The way Raman said try it made Mihika laughed and Vandita fumed. Before Mihika could comment back, Aditya Ruhi came to grab their attention, "IshiMa yeh aapke liye, humari taraf se." (IshiMa we bought this gift for you.) Aditya Ruhi spoke in unison while forwarding the cardboard box towards Ishita,  as Ishita Raman opened the cardboard box there lips curved in wide smile. It was the the frame contain three digital photo frames, out of three two of them have pictures of Aditya, Ruhi and Ishita start from there birth day to the present day, "IshiMa se have kept the third frame for this junior Bhalla, so that we can cherish our childhoods whenever we wish."

Ishita nodded her head in positive unable to say anything. She peaked her children forehead and welcomed Aaliya who also came along lots of shopping bags.

"What is this Aaliya?"

"For our chotu." Aaliya chirped and forwarded the bags to Ishita. As they emptied the content they started to giggle different customised baby dresses for the new born baby. Ishita Raman face lit with delight seeing the different rompers for the newborn baby, deigned in different designs. The soft fabric and light colors were especially chosen to keep the clothes gender neutral. Ishita hugged Aaliya due to overwhelmed with her gesture and they started to cherish the evening.

"Vaise madrasan kyon ki ab tujhe sabse gift mil chuke hai so mujhe aisa lagta hai ki mujhe bhi tujhe kuch gift de hi dena chahiye." Ishita narrowed her brows with confusion as her husband represented her two packets.
(Well everyone gifted you something another so I'm thinking to present my gift as well.)

"In mein kya hai?" Ishita peeped into the packets curiously making Raman irk. He stopped her in midway and presented first packet to her, "you loved it few months back when we went for shopping haina?" He opened the red velvet box and presented her the diamond set she once saw during there shopping trip. She remembered they went to jwellery showroom to purchase things for Aaliya where she lost her heart to the sophisticated diamond and pearl collar necklace bur she never voiced out her desire as she found it waste of money.

"But I never told you Raman." She whispered where he started to make her wear thr neck piece.

"It's been twenty five years since we are married wifey and I simply don't need words everytime." Raman warmly replied as the neck piece perfectly suited her and added stars in her beauty. "You held my hand when I had nothing and now you deserve all happiness when I have everything. I remembered those days when you use to kill your small wishes just to support me, I remembered the days when you even worked in double shifts so that you can support the family expenses by your own without burdening me. You have been a pillar of my life which always gave me strength and support and I will always be grateful for it." As he mouthed inaudible I Love You ishita burst into tears and engulfed him in possible tightest hug without caring of audience.

"Raman this is......their was no need of it."

"Stop repeating old lines meri buddhi madrasan. Well I prepared this speech for our upcoming 25th marriage anniversary but this godbharai came out of syllabus and I delivered this speech here. I guess with this special guest we can do so many other things in anniversary celebrations." Ishita couldn't help to stop herself from giggling as he mentioned their baby. She took her husband in another hug and Aaliya who was happily witnessing the scene stood along Aditya captured the moment with her dslr.

"Don't worry, I will also give same romantic speech on our 25th anniversary. Pakka promise." Aditya joked seeing his fiance shedding happy tears.

"Their is no need of it just promise me to be a husband like your father is." Aditya nodded his head in agreement and held his hand in Aaliya hand as they started to pull the family for dance. The family started to shake there legs on beat of bhangra where relatives and guests continued to grace the evening and bless the couple. Aditya who was jumping with full enthusiasm stopped as his special guest made entry.

"Papa dekho kon aaya hai."
Raman who was busy in shooting the entire function stopped abruptly seeing the three figure entering in the apartment. He immediately ran towards the door and helped her to walk.
(Papa see who arrived.)

"Beeji" Raman squealed with delight and called his mother who almost rushed seeing her aunt and immediately touched her feet. Aditya also jumped and touched his grandmother feet followed by his sister and fiance. The delighted elder lady started to bless everyone, where Santhosh got busied with her aunt, Raj and Simran approached Raman Ishita with grin.

"Kya baat hai bhai sahab, Biji ka aashirwaad sach sach kar diya aapne toh." Raj elbowed his cousin with devilish grin making Raman scoff.
(Congratulations brother. Biji blessings came true.)

"Chup kar tu. Gadhe" Raman pinched his younger cousin to stop him from teasing otherside Simran started to tease Ishita who was already red due to continous blushing.
(Shut up!!)

"Raman puttar, Adi atthe aa toh..." Raman alerted hearing Biji voice and almost pushed his kids aside to take place beside her.
(hey Raman come here.)

"Mera sabse pyara baccha." Biji exclaimed and hugged Raman making him happy and he immediately bend to take her blessings.
"Doodho nahao, phooto phalo, santan bhava....."
(God bless you. May you bless with beautiful kids.)

"Are Biji yeh kya keh diya?"
Raman Ishita gasped with horror hearing Biji words. "Are Biji aashirwaad vaapis lo aap. Phichli baar ka siyappa ab tak chal hi raha hai."Raman yelled dramatically after recovering from shock.
(Not again Biji. We are not ready for another disaster.)

"Haan Biji yeh aashirwaad mat dena bas." Ishita also joined her husband to greet Biji.

"Matlab aage aur bhi chance hai?" As the words came out from Bala mouth the family almost yelled in dramatic no making Raman Ishita hit there heads with foreheads.
(It mean there are more chances left?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 231 2
A short story on how Ishita and Raman confess their love for each other. First published in India Forums in 2015.
59K 1.9K 16
A very childish and baby ishita's innocent and hilarious means of seducing her husband raman. [RANKED #2] on jun 13, #1 in ramabhalla and ishitabhall...
107K 7.8K 52
Leap of Faith an act of believing in or attempting something whose existence or outcome cannot be proved or known. Sequel of my book Faith Destiny a...
2K 136 3
He waited patiently in the hospital corridor in hopes for the positive news. True he asked her to go away from him but he never knew she would try go...