Walking Among Us

By Cnife15

A group of people hold on for dear life in this post-apocalyptic world. They have been lucky enough to surviv... More

Chapter 1: School of the Dead
Chapter 2: Pit Party
Chapter 3: Convenient Fist Fights
Chapter 4: The Counting Game
Chapter 5: Tunnel Vision
Chapter 6: Broken Promises
Chapter 7: Winter Storm
Chapter 8: Labour Problems
Chapter 9: Nature's Bounty
Chapter 10: Back From The Dead
Chapter 11: The Good Life
Chapter 12: Don't Look Back
Chapter 13: City of Champions
Chapter 14: Rock Bottom
Chapter 15: Fatal Reunions
Chapter 16: Friend or Foe
Chapter 17: The Road Ahead
Chapter 18: Crime and Punishment
Chapter 19: Gone to Hell
Chapter 20: Adapting
Chapter 21: Staying Strong
Chapter 22: Explosive Bargaining
Chapter 24: Trust Issues
Chapter 25: Council Meeting
Chapter 26: Destroying Bridges
Chapter 27: Daddy's Little Girl
Chapter 28: Grave Digger
Chapter 29: Starting the Engine
Chapter 30: Short Cuts
Chapter 31: Nobody Get's Left Behind
Chapter 32: Dreams VS Reality
Chapter 33: No Rest For The Heroes
Epilogue: Lost Child

Chapter 23: Family Ties

59 1 0
By Cnife15

"I'm assuming you want to know where you are," Travis said as he pulled the blindfold off of Jessica. She saw that she was sitting at a large table with a few candles and flowers arranged across the table. There was a plate of food in front of her. It had chicken, potatoes, carrots and bread for her to eat. She tried to pretend like there was nothing there, and just focused in his statement.

"Of course I am!" Jessica yelled, "I was blindfolded the whole way here!"

"I would be happy to tell you in a bit, but for right now, I think we should focus on the great evening ahead of us," Travis stated.

"What do you mean, evening ahead of us? I'm not doing anything with you!"

"You shouldn't be so hard on me Jessica. All I want is to help," Travis said, "You must be hungry, how about I get you some food?"

"How about you untie me and let me go!" Jessica yelled, "I don't want to take a part in your plans!"

"Take it easy! I just want to be friends. Is that too much to ask for from you sister-in-law?"

"You are right. How could you have a good time if you are tied up?" Travis asked retorically, "Somebody get in here!"

Two armed men came into the room and looked at Jessica and Travis. They pointed their guns at Jessica and one of them asked,

"Is there something you want, Travis?"

"Untie her for me," Travis replied, "She can't eat if her hands are tied."

"Are you sure you want us to untie her? What if she tries something?"

"She won't," Travis said, staring directly at Jessica, "If she makes a single move, I want you both to splatter her brains across the table. I really hope it doesn't come to that though, it would be a waste of a perfectly good meal."

"If you say so," the man said as he walked up to Jessica. He untied her as the other man stood at Jessica's side, with his shotgun pressing up against her head. When she was untied, the men slowly backed away and trained there guns on Jessica, ready to shoot at any moment.

"Now go on, eat. I'm sure you are hungry," Travis said as he pick up some food off of his own plate, "Go ahead, eat up."

Jessica looked at the food on her plate. She knew she wanted some, but she didn't want Travis to think she was comfortable in the situation. So she tried her hardest to fight off the hunger and pushed away her plate, "How do I know you haven't poisoned my food?"

"Why would I poison it?" Travis questioned, "I have no intentions to kill you."

"I won't eat it until you prove to me that it's edible," Jessica stated, staring at him angrily.

"Fine! Can one of you two eat some of her food?" Travis asked, "I'm sure you are both hungry. And it would be greatly appreciated."

"I can do it", the man agreed as he walked up to the plate. He grabbed a fork and stabbed it into a peice of chicken and took a bite. He chewed for a bit then placed the fork down and said, "Tastes perfectly fine to me."

"See! That's what I was saying. There is nothing wrong with the meal, so eat up!"

"Okay, I will eat," Jessica said as she pulled the plate closer to her. She looked at Travis and asked, "Can I ask, why exactly did you bring me here to have a dinner with you?"

"The reason I brought you here to have dinner with me is because, I wanted to spend some time with you. You are my sister-in-law after all and we have barely spent any time together. I think this is a good time for some bondage between us."

"You know exactly why we never spent anytime together Travis! Cause of things you did in the past, you were the cause of this shit you know!"

"I know. And I was wrong for doing so. I want you to forgive me. I want to be able to put the bad things I've done behind me. I've changed, and sadly I think I needed the apocalypse to realize that. So could you please forgive me?"

"I don't think I can do that, Travis. I'm not okay with the things that you've done, and with Jordan gone, it would be like me spitting on his grave if I forgave you, as soon as he was gone."

"And I wouldn't expect you too. But as far as I know, you are the only family I have left," Travis stated as he dropped his head, "It's an evil world out there. And if you don't have anybody, it gets kind of difficult to keep pushing on. And if you are the closest thing I have to family in this world, I want to stay close to you."

"What do you mean, you want to stay close to me?" Jessica asked uncomfortably as she pushed away from the table.

"I wouldn't get up from your chair if I were you," Travis stated, "I believe you are forget about the two gunmen behind you. Who both have orders to kill you as soon as you get up. I'm just trying to look out for your well-being."

"If you were looking out for my well-being, you would tell the two men to take their aim off of me," Jessica said as she got closer to the table.

"Well I have to look out for my well-being as well, Jessica. And as you have shown time and time again, you are quite unpredictable."

"Oh. If I am so unpredictable, then why would you untie me?"

"Well who wants to feel like a hostage at a feast? Can't eat if your hands are bound," Travis answered, "You seem tense, would you like some wine?"

"I'm good," Jessica replied, "Im not thirsty."

"Oh you must be thirsty. Water and food is scarse, so we have to appreciate the things that we do have. And when food and drink is available, you take it, because you never know when your next meal will be."

"Where did you find this stuff anyways? It must've been hard to come by," Jessica said as Travis walked over to her with a bottle of wine. He poured some in her glass then answered,

"We got lucky, and I'm grateful for all of the food that we have. You should be too, not everyday that you get an oppurtunity like this," Travis stated, "Now we were talking about something, would you mind enlightening me on the subject?"

"We were talking about relationships," Jessica answered.

"Oh yes. Now I remember. And it wasn't just any relationships. It was specifically our relationship."

"We don't have a relationship, Travis. We are only related through marriage, and marriage is only true until one of us dies. So since Jordan is dead, we are not related."

"But we could be. We could keep it going, as long as we both try, my brother's death will not go forgotten."

"You never cared about Jordan until he died. That doesn't look very good Travis."

"Neither does having a dinner with your late husbands brother. Yet you are still here."

"Not by choice! I would be back at the safehouse if it weren't for you!" Jessica yelled, gripping her fork tightly.

"And yet you haven't fought back at all. If you wanted to get away you would try and escape, but you sat quietly and played along. You obviously would have rather had dinner with me than die," Travis stated, "But if you would rather die, I can arrange that. Even though I would rather it didn't come to that."

"I'm not afraid of you!"

"And yet, you should be," Travis stated, "Tie her up, again! I believe our guest is done with our hospitality."

"Don't touch me!" Jessica ordered as the men got closer.

"You don't have a choice!" the man laughed as he went to grab Jessica's hand, "You need to let go of the fork!"

"Fuck off!" Jessica yelled as she stabbed the fork into the man's neck. She then pushed him into his teammate to knock him over. She got on top of them and stabbed them both with the fork repeatedly, until both her and the ground were covered in blood. She then looked at Travis and stood up, ready to charge at him at any second.

"Like I said, you are quite unpredictable," he said as she charged at him. She swung the fork at Travis, but he grabbed her arm before she could connect, and punched her in the stomach. Jessica lost her breath and dropped to the ground. Travis crouched down beside her and whispered, "Unfortunatly for you, I am also quite unpredictable, and usually know what you are about to do, before you even do it."

Jessica layed on the ground gasping for breath, as Travis climbed on top of her. He leaned in close to her and said,

"Now we are going to do something I want to do."

He reached for her pants and started pulling them down. Jessica tried to muster up the strength needed to get him off, but she was still out of energy.

"You know I love you Jessica. I always have. And now it's time for you to love me back," he demanded as he pressed his lips up against her cheek.

"Fuck off, Travis," Jessica muttered as she try to push him off of her. It was no point, the more she fought, the stonger he pushed, making it impossible for her to move.

"Stop struggling. It will be a lot less painful if you just let it happen," Travis stated.

"Get off of me!" Jessica yelled, now pushing full force, she got him off of her for a bit, but Travis was back on top of her as quickly as he got off of her.

"Stop fucking resisting!" Travis ordered as he pushed down on Jessica's chest, "I know you want it."

"Somebody help!" she screamed trying to fight as hard as she could.

"Nobody needs to hear that," Travis said as he pressed his hand against her mouth, "Now that's better, don't you think? Never was a fan of screaming."

Jessica tried to scream again, but the sound of her voice was muffled by Travis' hand. He pulled away from her a bit and started undoing his own pants.

"I feel like sharing something with you. A little secret that I think you need to know," Travis whispered, "Before we get to intimate."

Jessica looked at him, all of her attention was directed at him, she wanted to know what he was about to say.

"I should have told you this earlier, but I wasn't quite sure how to say it," Travis started, "I killed Jordan."

When those words came out of Travis' mouth, Jessica completely went silent. She didn't know what to think. She was being raped by her husband's murderer. Her emotions went all over the map. She was terrified of the man that was on top of her. She started to mourn over Jordan's death again and started to cry, and yet she was relieved, because she knew the cause of her husband's death. All of these feelings were rushing through head and yet she did nothing about it. She let Travis touch her, because she didn't know what to do. Then after a few minutes in shock, she muttured out the words,

"You bastard."

As she said that her ability to move came back again. The adrenaline rushed through her body and she threw Travis off of her. She quickly stood up and searched the table for anything to use as a weapon, and found a butterknife. She drove that knife so deep into Travis' skull that it came out of the back of his head.

"That is for Jordan..." she muttered as she fell to the ground, and started crying, in the pool of blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884 10 8
In the months following the outbreak of a zombie-like pandemic, survivors travel the continent in the hope of reuniting with loved ones and a chance...
118 19 21
Hordes of undead and Bandits threaten a group of survivors trying to find a place to call home. It seems as though there are many mysteries of the ne...
15 1 1
Three friends made it through the end of the world. In their new dystopian reality, they don't just want to survive. They want to thrive. Unfortunate...
279 11 32
After a multitude of events that leaves the world in an apocalyptic state occurs different survivors must adapt to the new post apocalyptic world an...