•°From Peer to Professor°• Se...

By EmmaSalamar

(Y/N) had been friends with Severus for about 4 years when he graduated from Hogwarts. She continued her stud... More

Introduction
Prologue
Year 7
Severus?
A New Severus
Quidditch Tryouts
Tension and Detention
Quidditch Complications
1am Talk
Assignment
Champions
Dancing with Dilemmas
Yule Ball
Living Quarters
Morning
Going Home
Diagon Alley
Christmas Day
Return to Hogwarts
Second Task
Misunderstandings
Third Task
Shocking Revelations
Upcoming Birthday
Surprise
Curiosity
Trickery
Memories
Graduation
New Arrangements
Apparition
Jealousy
Unforgivable
Loss
Truth Be Told
Pleasant Evening
New Term New Teachers
Unexpected
Professor
Remember
Reunion
Christmas Eve
Subsequence
Pendant
Are You Really?
Name After Name
Essentials
Elora
Nurture
-Digital Art of Severus-
History Repeats Itself
Return
Where Once We Met
All Planned Out
Inevitability
Decisions, Decisions
100,000
Many Tasks At Hand
Assurance
Prophecy
Elora Art
Falling In Love With You
Epilogue
Sequel is Out!!!
New Snape x Reader book

First Task

8K 323 182
By EmmaSalamar

~ Dorm Room - December 5th - Thursday Afternoon~

Your POV:

I put on my uniform for the first task and looked into the mirror. It fit rather snug.

'Good for swimming I guess..' I thought as I remembered the most important thing.

'The Gillyweed! Where did I put it again? Oh yeah, I put it in the night stand drawer.'

I grabbed two pieces of Gillyweed from the jar and stuffed them into the pocket of my swim shorts. Looking once more into the mirror, I took a deep breath and then made my way down to the docks with Lucas.

"I am so excited for you (Y/N)! Are you nervous at all?" Lucas asked.

"A little.. I wasn't able to figure out what Professor Dumbledore mean't by 'We will have to retrieve something we've lost.' I didn't loose anything recently." I said, thinking about what it could possibly mean.

"Well, maybe it'll come to you when you hit the cold water." Lucas joked.

I just glared at him playfully.

"Just kidding!" He replied with a chuckle.

We got in the boats that would bring us out to the platforms in the middle of the lake. I spotted the other two contestants already in their places. They seem ready. Maybe they figured out what Professor Dumbledore mean't by finding something we lost. Now I'm definitely nervous..

Once on the floating platform, Lucas said good luck to me before he took his seat in one of the raised sections of seating. I took my place on the diving platform, ready to begin. I just barely remembered to stick the Gillyweed in my mouth before the countdown began. It made me choke a little because of the texture, but I was able to swallow it. I heard a bunch of cheers before the cannon sounded. All three of us jumped in the water, instantly being affected by the cold. It was so. damn. COLD.

Once under the water, I could feel my throat begin to itch. Touching the area, I noticed some gills were growing there. Epic. My feet felt weird too and I looked down to see fins instead of feet. The same thing occurred with my hands when I felt the webbing grow in between my fingers. I began swimming downwards and into some tall sea grass. We were allowed our wands, so I took it out of the holster on my leg to defend myself if needed. I was almost out of the sea grass until I heard someone singing. I've heard about this before. My parents told me how there were Sirens and Grindylows in the lake. That was probably a Siren I just heard.

I kept swimming, trying to follow the sound of the Sirens. But apparently I was too distracted to listen for any other dangers I might encounter, because a couple seconds later, I was being restrained by my ankles, keeping me from swimming. I turned around to see a Grindylow and shot the defense charm Flipendo at it. I took this split second to swim out of the sea grass as quickly as possible.

Upon entering a more barren area at the bottom of the lake, I noticed what looked like the remains of a temple in the distance. The Sirens gradually became louder the closer I got to them. I noticed some of them swimming around the entrance of said temple and decided to check it out.

Once I could see clearly, I noticed that what the Sirens were circling around were people! Three of them, tied by the ankle to keep them from floating to the surface. I saw the girl from Beauxbatons swim past me, and untie one of the three people. She then swam upwards with the person without disturbing the Sirens. It can't be that easy, can it? I swam up even closer, my ears filled with the sounds of one of the Sirens. It warned me,

"Onlyy onnne.." It almost hissed.

I nodded and looked at the two people. The first one I didn't recognize, but the second I recognized immediately. It was Severus. From afar I couldn't tell, being that he didn't have his cloak on. I worriedly swam up to him and placed a hand on his face, noticing how pale it was. His hair seemed lighter too. How long has he been under here!? Bubbles were leaving his slightly opened mouth, worrying me even more. I also noticed something around his neck. It was some sort of tooth attached to the twine around his neck. I used my wand to break the rope wrapped around his ankle. As I was swimming upwards, Severus' weight became too much and I was struggling to make it to the surface. On top of that, I could tell that the Gillyweed was wearing off. I reached for the extra Gillyweed, only to find that it was gone. I looked over to see the boy from Durmstrang holding my Gillyweed. Damn him. He swam downwards to retrieve his person.

'I still have time.' I thought.

Right then, I began to cough, I couldn't breath underwater anymore, and my webbing was starting to disappear. I was only 2 or 3 meters away from the top. Having to swim to the surface with an unconscious Severus was beginning to take it's toll on me. I decided to use the rest of my strength to push Severus to the surface, otherwise we'd both drown. I pushed him upwards with all my strength and watched as he surfaced. I smiled, my sight becoming blurry as I fell unconscious.

Severus' POV:

I came to with a gasp, as if I hadn't been breathing for a long time. The cold surrounding me shocked my system even more than the lack of oxygen had. I soon realized why all of this was happening when I peered over at the floating platform overflowing with Students and Professors. A memory of mine resurfaced at this very same moment.

-Flashback-

"Severus? May I ask something of you?" I heard Albus say to me.

We were currently in his office.

"What is it Headmaster?" I inquired.

"As I know you've recently found out, (Y/N) is going to be participating in the Tri-Wizard Tournament." He began.

Immediately, I regretted coming here to talk with him.

"Yes." I replied, very much annoyed by the topic of our conversation.

"I am asking you to take part in a very important part of the First Task." He continued, making me suspicious of what he was going to ask of me.

"Each person will be looking for something they've lost. I've decided, as well as the other Headmaster and Headmistress of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, that the champions will be searching for a person they care deeply for." Albus explained.

"In (Y/N)'s case, I would like that person to be you, Severus." Albus' statement shocked me tremendously.

My eyes widened and then narrowed as I struggled to formulate a response,

"No, no there must be some mistake. There must be another person (Y/N) cares for more than I."

"Severus. You trust me, don't you?" He asks.

"Of course I do, Headmaster, but I don't see how this-" "Then you should know that I wouldn't pick you if (Y/N) cared for someone else more deeply than you. Believe me Severus, I've seen the way you've interacted. Both in your time as students and as student and professor." Albus states.

"And what of everyone who sees this? Would they not be suspicious as to why a student retrieved their own Professor?" I asked him.

"A spell will be cast to alter the memories of all the witnesses to this event. They will think she brought up a family member instead." He assured me.

I could not fathom what I was hearing. But in the end, I agree with Albus' proposal.

"Although I am still extremely puzzled on the topic, I accept taking part in the event, Headmaster." I replied.

"Good, good. Meet me at the docks three hours before the event begins."

-End of Flashback-

Remembering what I was doing in the water, I searched around for (Y/N). I caught many people's attention, due to the fact that people were calling for me to swim to the docks. I did not listen and grew more worried.

"Severus where is the girl!?" I heard Albus' voice call towards me.

In a panicked state, I reply hastily,

"I-I don't know! Where could she-"

My eyes widen as I quickly submerge myself in the water, looking downwards. She was slowly sinking to the floor of the lake. I went up for air before diving after her. As soon as I grabbed her wrist, I pulled her towards me to get a better hold and swam up as quickly as I could. Once at the surface, I heard many students cheer, unaware of what had occurred.

'Imbeciles.'

In my attempt to swim safely toward the platform, I heard Albus' voice call out to me,

"Severus! Severus, bring the girl here!" I heard Albus shout to me from the edge of the platform.

I began swimming over with her. Multiple people took hold of her wrists and pulled her up onto the dock. Others attempted to help me out of the water, but I refused their help and pulled myself out. (Y/N) lay on her side as she began coughing up large amounts of water. I had a mortified expression cover my face as I took a towel from a pile just a foot away and wrapped her in it. Once she stopped coughing, she sat up. I knelt down in front of her to make sure she remained conscious. All of a sudden, the remaining champion emerged from the lake, holding their respective person. I should not have agreed to this. I am the reason for (Y/N)'s near death.

"Severus?" I heard (Y/N) ask as people cheered all around us.

"What is it?" I asked, concerned for her health.

She stared at me and then sprung forward, encasing me in a hug. It caught me off guard, seeing as I nearly fell back into the frigid lake. I steadied myself as she clung onto me. I held her for as long as I could, until I heard a somewhat familiar voice.

"(Y/N)!? Oh god! Are you ok!?" (Y/N)'s red headed friend asked with concern.

"I'm fine. Just, cold." She replied to the boy.

I immediately reached for a second towel to pull around her.

Your POV:

After Severus put the second towel around me, I looked in Lucas' direction.

"I thought you were dead to be honest." I heard Lucas say, looking red eyed.

"I'll be ok, I just need to warm up." I replied.

Severus helped me up and took me to one of the boats on the side of the platform. The other two champions were sat in the boat with the people they retrieved as well. Once we made it to the dock, Severus, along with Lucas and various Professors, exited the boats. The champions and the people who were retrieved from the bottom of the lake were treated in the Hospital Wing to prevent us from catching any illnesses.

I had changed into dry clothes after arriving in the Hospital Wing. It felt great to not be in that cold water anymore. The remaining people in the Hospital Wing were already leaving to go to their Dorms, being that it was getting close to curfew. As Madam Pomfrey spoke to Lucas, who was determined to talk to me, I walked over to Severus.

"Hey, Severus?" I asked, standing in front of him.

He was currently sitting in one of the chairs in the Hospital Wing with his eyes closed. He looked tired.

"Hm?" He said, not opening his eyes.

"Everyone saw that you were the one I retrieved from the lake. I'm worried people will gossip.." I explained anxiously.

"Professor Dumbledore assured me that everyone's memories had been altered after we left the platforms. All except that of your friend being that he accompanied us on the boat." He told me in a calm manner.

I let out a sigh of relief before jumping to the next topic,

"You should probably go rest. It's almost 9. I'm about to go to my dorm anyway, so there is no need for you to stay here anymore."

"Alright. I suppose you state a valid point. I'll escort you to the Common Room." Severus responded, getting up from the chair.

We walked in the direction of the Slytherin Common Room and once we got there, I turned to Severus.

"Thank you for saving me today, Severus." I said, blushing a little.

"You shouldn't be thanking me. I am the reason you nearly drowned." He said, sounding a bit guilty.

"Don't say that. It isn't your fault that you had to take part in the event." I smiled at him.

"I suppose you are correct. Oh.. And one more thing before you go. Here." He replied, handing me something.

It was the necklace he was wearing underwater. The one with the tooth on it.

"Apparently it's a clue to what your next task is." He told me as I took the necklace.

"Thanks." I smiled.

There was silence for a few seconds.

"Well. Goodnight, Severus." I smiled at him.

He nodded and replied,

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

He then turned to make his way back towards his Quarters.

I turned to the entrance of the Common Room and whispered,

"Parseltongue."

Once I was granted access, I walked to the Common Room, I was met by loads of cheering. All the Slytherins were gathered in the Common Room, celebrating the fact that I'd completed the task.

I smiled and held up the tooth necklace, to which people asked a bunch of questions about the clue. I discussed it with some people who were closest to me, but was interrupted when Lucas pulled me aside into a much quieter part of the Common Room. He grinned at me.

"So. Professor Snape huh?" He jokingly asked me.

"Get away." I smiled as I shoved his shoulder a little.

"Were you together when he still went to school here? Are you still together? Did you-" I cut him off before he went on a tangent.

"No, we were never together, Lucas."

I looked off to the side, thinking about my words and imagining how it would have been like to be with him.

"Ooo, seems (Y/N)'s got a bit of a crush, huh? Lucas joked.

I laughed and we finished the conversation by exchanging goodnights. Once I got to my dorm room, I pulled out the tooth necklace that Severus had given me and inspected it. After a minute, I set it to the side and lay down in my four-poster bed. Today was a super long day..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 94 18
Hi, Y/N(Your Name), It's your 6th year at Hogwarts and you notice one of your professors has started to take a special interest in you. Will you be h...
6.3K 263 23
Severus Snape has had a terrible childhood. What happens when he discovers that he is not an only child and that he actually has an older sister whom...
45.2K 1.4K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
6.2K 186 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...