Spellbound: COMPLETE

By Joywriter9

Dragons, princesses, and dancing. Oh my! Ever heard of the 12 Dancing Princesses? Whether you have or not, t... More

PART ONE: The Changes
Chapter Two: Ariadne
Chapter Three: Ariadne
Chapter Four: Peter
Chapter Five: Peter
Chapter Six: Ariadne
Chapter Seven: Ariadne
Chapter Eight: Ariadne
Chapter Nine: Ariadne
Chapter Ten: Ariadne
Chapter Eleven: Ariadne
Chapter Twelve: Ariadne
Chapter Thirteen: Ariadne
Chapter Fourteen: Man from the Closet
Chapter Fifteen: Ariadne
Chapter Sixteen: Ariadne
Chapter Seventeen: Ariadne
Chapter Eighteen: Ariadne
Chapter Nineteen: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty: Ariadne
PART TWO: The Challenge
Chapter Twenty-One: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Two: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Three: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Four: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Five: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Six: Simeon
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Ariadne
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Peter
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-One: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-Two: Estevan
Chapter Thirty-Three: Julie
Chapter Thirty-Four: Julie
Chapter Thirty-Five: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-Six: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Ariadne
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Ariadne
Chapter Forty: Peter
PART THREE: The Finale
Chapter Forty-One: Prince Wilson
Chapter Forty-Two: Prince Wilson
Chapter Forty-Three: Ariadne
Chapter Forty-Four: Ariadne
Chapter Forty-Five: Ariadne
Chapter Forty-Six: Ariadne
Chapter Forty-Seven: Ariadne
Chapter Forty-Eight: Peter
Chapter Forty-Nine: Ariadne
Epilogue: 1 year later
Final Farewell
Freedom Series
1k Reads Contest!

Chapter One: Ariadne

487 43 39
By Joywriter9

Ariadne's POV

Being a princess was not as easy as everyone thought.

Especially on days like this.

I had been promptly rushed to the huge fitting room well before sunrise, and now the sun was about to disappear out of the top corner of the window I had been staring out of the past few hours as I stood as still as possible. A dull ache in my feet was beginning to bother me from standing too long.

Balls were very tiresome to prepare for.

First, they scrubbed me until even the thought of dirt had been completely removed. Charities, my younger sister and the third child, then came with a plate of left-overs from their enormous breakfast. Normally one of my maids would have brought me the food, but they were busy with the final touches for tonight's ball. And they weren't the only ones.

Every able-bodied person, including my father and most of my sisters, were down preparing for the arrival of hundreds of guests.

After the food, they commenced in covering me in moisturizers and cleansers, making me smell like fruit and flowers of every variety.

An elegant woman, whom I only saw during the dance season, then came to make me look the part of the crown princess. She applied powders and creams that were supposed to create a perfectly beautiful facade of flawless skin.

I personally thought they made me look like a child's toy, but fashion is fashion.

"And if it isn't my favorite crown princess," a welcomed voice echoed through the room.

"Mr. Eli!" I would have run to hug the older man if I wasn't strapped to a wicked device that was currently tightening my corset.

"I came to see how well my gown compliments your astounding figure."

"You are much too kind, sir."

He gently raised my hand to his mouth and placed a customary kiss on the top of my hand, which tickled because of his long mustache. "A beautiful woman deserves to be respected. Especially if she is about to be the queen, and complimenting her would mean I get to keep my job."

He chuckled as I rolled my eyes. He walked over to examine the gorgeous dress he had designed and handmade for me to wear tonight. A small figure slipped through the door he had left open.

I could not believe it was me in the mirror. Once again, his work had paid off, and Juno's suggestions turned out better than I thought they would. The dress was a beautiful shamrock green, complemented with dark blue stitching around the skirt and a matching blue ribbon that went around the waist.

However, the most breathtaking feature was the ornate gold pattern that flowed over the skirts of the gown. It didn't take a particular shape or form, but it was mesmerizing nonetheless; almost like a stunning maze had wound itself into the delicate outer layer of the dress. Very appropriate for tonight's ball.

As I stared, a golden chain was brought out to weave through my light brown hair. I almost squealed in delight, but the princess inside me refused to allow that, so I smiled happily instead.

                 *                                                                     *                                                           *

This was the first ball where I would have to greet the incoming guests by myself. The staff had once again lost Diana and my father was the only one who had any idea where she may be – leaving me alone. I was more nervous than I should have been, my father never did much but stand there anyway, but his presence was always comforting.

The first guests who walked through the main entrance were announced by Sir Sneddon before making the journey down the stairs to where I stood.

"Welcome, I am so pleased you could attend the ball this wonderful evening! I hope your journey was well?" Lord and Lady Pimberly were always the first people to arrive at every event, even though they never obtained a room in the castle beforehand.

"It was very pleasant-" Lord Pimberly started to say, his plump cheeks red as he spoke.

"Do not lie to the girl!" Lady Pimberly interrupted, hitting her portly husband with her fan. "The journey was terribly long and bumpy, and the coach was frightfully crowded! We just hope your little rendezvous was worth all the trouble," and with that, she walked away with her chin up with her husband trailing behind.

I shook my head and smiled, their greetings were always interesting. But the egotistical Lady Pimberly and her short husband soon left my mind as more guests began arriving. I greeted them all with a smile, and my cheeks began hurting before long, but I continued to do so because I knew that my father would be disappointed if I didn't treat every guest with the same amount of respect. Rich or poor, as long as they were older than 13, all were welcomed to the palace ball. After the last guests began trickling in, I began to become hopeful. Maybe Lord Tweedle was unable to come this year! I knew it wasn't a very princess-like thought, but that man did not know when his presence was no longer wanted.

Ever since my first ball, when I was eleven, Lord Tweedle had been trying to win the last dance and thus far has never succeeded.

For each of our balls at the palace, there is always a competition in which the winner gets the last dance with the princess of honor. For my balls, it is always a maze because I was named after the goddess of mazes and passion after all.

All twelve of the daughters in my family are named after a goddess because my mother loved reading, especially mythical books. We are also in alphabetical order because my father always says things should be organized and in their proper place. Although my mother always teased that it was because he wouldn't be able to keep our names straight otherwise, especially as more and more of us came into the world.

"Milady," the next guest greeted, interrupting my thoughts, and I immediately knew I wasn't so lucky but put on a smile anyway.

"Lord Tweedle." I curtsied. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't make it."

"I would never miss her Majesty's royal ball," he said with a bow.

"Of course."

"I also came to inform you that I will be most honored to have the final dance of the evening."

"You sound confident you will have it?"

"Indeed I am. Mazes are my new specialty!"

"You say that every year," I replied, reminding myself to be polite.

"Indeed! But this year I feel I am truly ready."

"Lord Tweedle, I apologize for the interruption, but more guests are arriving and I must see to them."

"Ah, yes. Of course. I bid thee farewell, for now, my lady," he said bowing once more than walked away.

I sighed after he had gone and someone to my left chuckled. I turned and saw dark brown eyes filled with amusement looking at me. I couldn't help but smile.

"What's so funny, my Lord?" I asked him and his grin widened.

"Just that your favorite Lord has once again managed to capture your heart," he said mischievously nodding toward Lord Tweedle.

I glared at him. "You know full well my thoughts towards that man," I whispered so the other guests couldn't overhear.

"Dear me! Is this the one and only Princess Ariadne, forgive me for I mistook you for my sister," he said bowing very low before coming back up.

I rolled my eyes. "Peter-"

Peter gasped, looking wildly around the room in feigned disbelief. "You know who I am? The Princess knows who I am!"

"Now that you mention it, I don't believe we have met, I think I should have the guards teach you a lesson," I said with my eyebrows raised. He only grinned. 

I put my hand in the air as if to signal the guards standing just a few feet away, but Peter quickly snatched it up and placed a kiss on the back of it, leaving me speechless for only a moment.

"You don't know who I am? Why, my fair lady, I am none other than the great and wonderful Peter Fairborne!" He bowed deeply.

"Sorry, the name doesn't ring a bell," I said, not able to refrain from grinning.

Hello, my amazing readers! 

Thank you so much for trying out Spellbound! I hope you have enjoyed the journey so far :)

What do you think? Any suggestions or thoughts? I'd love to hear it all! The good and the bad :) (I won't get upset, I just wanna know what you think!)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

And I'll be posting new chapters every Monday (and Thursday).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 228 37
Two kings. One woman. Two children. Countless hearts broken. A lost princess stuck in between. Losing the one person she called father to the King of...
115K 6.1K 35
𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅☑𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚&𝒕𝒉𝒆𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 "𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕?" After being trapped in the cursed...
1.7K 204 47
❝ In a world tainted by decadent rulers, the Princess must step back to her kingdom for a revamp of the rules, claiming her rightful place on the thr...
98 68 23
∞ Sequel to The prince of trickery ∞ " Be careful with him, tricksters can't be trusted" " I'm well aware of that " The Prince of Trickery... We...