Straya 801- Planet of Total M...

By orangecaramel05

'Welcome on Straya 801.' The first time they heard these words, they were kids. Now, they are Stray kids. ... More

TEASER
Prologue
Chapter 1: Gorgeous.
Chapter 2 - Palis...
Chapter 3 - Part I: Pale Blue Feather...
Chapter 3 - Part II: Feather Pale Blue...
Chapter 4: Glowing Promises...
CHAPTER 5: Once upon a time...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION~
Chapter 6: Starry Night...
Chapter 7: Euphoria...
PART II - MYSTERY OF LOVE.
Chapter 8: The Greatest Day...
Chapter 9: Green Violets - Beyond Love...
TAG TIME~
TAG TIME 2.0 - '+=+'
Chapter 10: Dear heart...
Chapter 11 - Part I: Rêverie...
AUTHOR SELFLESS (lol) PROMOTION 2.0
CHAPTER 11 - Part II: Réalité...
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
CHAPTER 12: I Love You...
CHAPTER 13: Forever & Ever...
Announcement + New Fanfic's Teaser
Chapter 15: One Day, Waiting Between Worlds...
Chapter 16: Into the Light...
Chapter 17: For You...
Update~
CHAPTER 18: For-ever...
Last Chapter. 19: Last Journey - Planet of Total Madness...

CHAPTER 14: Appassionata...

3.6K 154 520
By orangecaramel05

(Disclaimer: Original pic is not mine [If the owner wants me to remove it, I will]. However the editing is mine. Also, this is not a fanart, just some editing and filters made by me on my computer.)

A/N: What? We're not in April you say? Oh well... Enjoy~

-------------------------------------

The sun was slowly coming down the sky, casting everything in a pretty dark orange hue as drinks were poured into cups and meat into plates. The air was filled with a pleasant melody, along with the laughter and singing of the invitees. Hyunjin eyes fell onto Suzy, seated on a tree root and singing a song along with the now grown up people she had known as a kid. He smiled, heart filling with warmth at the sight.

"Hyunjin-ah! Over here!"

Hyunjin turned at the sound of an all too familiar voice, his heart missing a beat. His water green robes spiraled around him when he hurried to Seungmin, grabbing both of his hands and bringing them to his lips.

"Yah, why so touchy? We're going to steal the spotlight at this rate." Seungmin declared with a short laugh, rubbing his thumb along his jaw.

Hyunjin just smirked and looked him in the eyes, proud of himself. Seungmin rolled his eyes at him but let him settle behind him. So Hyunjin hooked an arm around his waist and leaned back against the nearby tree, bringing his lover against him.

"So, why did you call me over?" the fighter asked, hooking his chin onto his shoulder.

"Can't a man just want to see his One, love?" Seungmin teased, casting him a look over his shoulder.

"Anything you want." he chuckled, not giving into Seungmin's teasing. "So?" he asked instead.

Seungmin pouted slightly, muttering under his breath. But before he could properly explain why he asked Hyunjin to join him, several screeches resonated in the air.

"Is that..." Hyunjin trailed off as he straightened up and looked up in the air.

Seungmin nodded, grabbing the hand laying over his waist and intertwining their fingers.

"Yes." He looked up too. "This is Johnny's present to Ten."

A screech was heard again, followed by others, and soon a flight of at least fifteen Young Wings emerged from the clouds. One was red, another other blue and green, the other purple and so on, and soon many others followed, creating a rainbow of birds in the sky. But the leading one was more magnificent, larger than the others – a blue and purple one. Mark's Young Wing.

Around them, people cheered. Hyunjin hollered and looked to the side. Ten was looking delighted, unshed tears of happiness gleaming in his eyes. It made the couple smile.

Hyunjin squeezed his One's fingers and Seungmin squeezed them back. They both meant to train their eyes back onto the show, but the wind slapped Hyunjin's curls away from his forehead and Seungmin froze. His man was stunning. Without thinking, he leaned in and kissed his jaw.

Hyunjin gasped silently and looked down at him in surprise. Seungmin just smiled and turned back to the show.

Hyunjin stared at him some more, something obviously going on in his mind, but at last, it seemed as if he'd found a satisfying answer, for he resumed his watch too, a smile on his lips.

– – – – –

"What are you doing Jeonginie?" Chan wondered, as he came next to the younger.

He crouched next to him, flapping his sea blue robes behind him. He stared at the colorful powder in the younger's hands curiously.

"It's a custom, hyung." the younger replied, handing him some yellow powder. "During a wedding, invitees must spread those powders onto the dance floor."

"What for?" he asked, following the younger's movements of his eyes. Jeongin dropped his magenta powder onto the ground of the cave, curving it into a spiral. Chan proceeded to mimic the move. "You draw well." he commented, truly impressed by the younger's skills.

Jeongin smirked and nodded at his hyung's turquoise spiral.

"I used to draw everyday when I was a kid. Now, I do when I get time to. But my walls are beginning to get packed. You're not bad too, hyung." he chuckled, smearing the powder a bit further right, colliding with Chan's spiral. The oldest playfully grunted and elbowed him, sending Jeongin in a chuckle fit.

"I used to, too." he then explained. "But then I got busy. But I never got the chance to work with powder. It's a first." he commented, a somewhat nostalgic smile on his lips.

Jeongin saw that and patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"If you want... one day I can show you my drawings? Jisung hyung already saw them." he laughed, reminiscent of the time he knocked him out.

Chan smiled, amused.

"I'd love that." he declared, standing up. Jeongin followed suit but stopped straight once his eyes spotted someone.

Chan looked in front of them in amusement and felt his smile widen when he saw a young boy clad in black and red robes leaning against a cave's wall, a familiar orange fur over his belt.

"Will you show them to me too?" Yedam asked, his grin bright and obviously content.

By now, Jeongin was frozen on the spot.

His heart was racing with just how good the younger was looking, but seeing that orange fur on him was not helping. Around them, people were finally catching up – now that their attention was no longer on the grooms – and shocked mutters could be heard all around the cave.

Jeongin wanted to flee.

Chan's eyes flickered to Jeongin, eager to see his reaction, sure that he would fluster. After all, it was probably not everyday that a clan's chief's little brother and a future leader were courting.

But as music began to gently fill the air, the unexpected happened.

Jeongin's eyes filled with something he recognized as determination and he lowered his head – obviously trying to hide his flush. He began slowly marching forward.

Chan noticed his steps were slightly bouncy, almost as if he was in rhythm, and-

Oh.

He watched stunned as Jeongin stopped in front of Yedam and held his hand out.

"No, I won't. But I can offer you a dance instead." he offered, smirking smugly at the younger boy, all trace of flush gone from his face.

If Chan didn't know him better he would almost believe in all that confidence.

Yedam seemed taken aback for a while however. But as the sitars and flutes began to get louder his smirk returned. He slowly took Jeongin's hand and nodded.

So Jeongin dashed past Chan, feet carrying him to the center of... the drawing made of powder?

Chan watched stunned as the boys got ready, a circle forming around them as the instruments got louder. What were they about to do? Weren't the newly wedded couple supposed to open the first dance? Then again, Straynian customs were probably different.

Jeongin met eyes with him once more and winked, as if to say watch and learn. Then, he returned his undivided attention to the boy in front of him. So Chan settled back, eager to see what would happen.

Jeongin settled into position slowly, the both of them languidly circling each other. His dark gaze met Yedam's one, before it traveled lower, to his hip, where the orange fur laid. Yedam made it clear that he was courting him.

Then what better way than inviting him to a dance to show that he was interested?

He looked up, eyes not missing Yedam's small proud and amused smile.

So, when the first drum began to get louder, Jeongin automatically moved, arms raising sideways as he spun around. Yedam mirrored his actions, sending a cloud of yellow smoke around them as their feet swiped the powder around. Their hands meet midways and both boys smiled, feeling a spark of tingly energy run down their arms.

The crowd began to cheer, and Jeongin held his other hand out. Yedam took it with no hesitation. Dancing together was exhilarating. As Yedam sent him spinning left, a curl of blue smoke surrounding his robes, his feet carried him to an all too familiar person, surrounding them in the circle.

With a genuine smile, he held his hand out.

Mark looked up in surprise, but slowly grinned. He accepted the hand and slowly moved into the dance floor, joining Jeongin into the dance. Their hips moved in sync as they stepped further into the circle. Jeongin looked to the side, only to see that the smug little Panther had sought Chan out. Jeongin almost burst out laughing here in there.

But his mouth was quick to shut once he saw the human move.

Chan was skilled. Really skilled.

His movements were even better than some of the Strays. And he wasn't the only one to think so apparently, for some of his people were cheering for the human. It brought a smile to his lips. These three humans were truly exceptional.

His attention was brought back to his childhood friend when Mark slightly bowed to him and spun around toward the still forming crowd, a cloud of pink powder trailing behind him. He watched amused as he sought a flustered but more than happy Felix out.

Jeongin shook his head and gently move forward with the intent of bringing a certain brother of his out.

– – – – –

Seungmin spun Jisung around with a chuckle, sending apple green powder flying above them. The human laughed and wrapped an arm around his waist to sway them to the beat. Seungmin rested his head onto his shoulder with a smile and let Jisung do all the work.

Jisung snorted at his laziness and strongly sent him twirling away.

Seungmin yelped in shock. Jisung smirked, proud of his little trick, and was about to twirl him back into his arms when he saw a certain tall Stray dressed in green not far away from them. Good thing Jisung was a professional at aiming.

With a wink, he let go of his hand.

Seungmin looked at him in confusion before he stumbled straight into a strong torso. Jisung watched amused as Seungmin jumped on the spot and almost hit Hyunjin in the face.

Laughing outloud at that, he spun around and held his hands out, eager to see in whose arms he would end up.

His hands caught tiny ones.

Jisung stopped abruptly and looked down.

His wide eyes met beautiful shining ones.

"Sosoil." an all too familiar little girl called out, a bright grin on her features. Jisung watched in silence as her golden-green eyes turned into crescents.

He broke into a huge grin.

"Natee!" he called out in excitement, crouching down to her level so that he could hug her. He stood up and spun her around, chuckling in joy. The little girl laughed and hugged his shoulders even tighter.

"I'm so glad you're okay..." he mumbled, the girl startling at his near-perfect Straynian.

She leaned back and nodded happily, and then put her tiny hands onto his cheeks. "Let's dance!" she announced.

Jisung laughed and nodded, lowering her to the ground, ready to go slow for her.

But he was once more smacked in the face by her skills. She danced nearly like a pro. Were all Strays skilled in everything? His mind wandered back to Minho nearly crashing into a tree while ridding a Young Wing. Probably not, then.

Jisung quickly shut his gaping mouth and followed suit, copying her movements.

As they danced, Jisung couldn't help but feel relieved. The girl could dance and bounce again properly, her ankle injury seemingly not having left any after-effect.

Suddenly, she bowed. And before he could even say a proper goodbye to her, an older woman with matching green eyes snatched her away. Natee giggled and happily hugged the woman's arm as she was spun around. Jisung smiled warmly at the two sisters and waved them goodbye, turning around to grab someone else out of the circle.

His chest collided with another one.

He gasped as arms sneaked around his waist, and snapped his head up.

His eyes met beautiful shining hazelnut-golden one.

"Shall we dance?" Minho asked him, a small smirk on the corner of his lips. His breath fanned over Jisung's lips and their noses were so close to brushing that Jisung felt warmth sprung all over his skin.

He audibly gulped, angling his head sideways and a bit away from his, but nodded nevertheless. He settled his hands over Minho's own and gently peeled them away from his waist. Instead, he intertwined their fingers and stepped back. Now able to breath, he met eyes with Minho.

The boy wasted no time and spun him forward.

Jisung almost lost his footing here en there, but thanks to his quick reflexes he managed to follow Minho's moves and speed. He playfully glared at him, trying his best to follow the other's moves.

"Show off..." he mumbled to himself.

Minho only smirked and twirled him again.

Jisung scoffed, snatching his arm away from his grip. The smug bastard. But then something sparked inside him.

He smirked and swirled around Minho, feet sending powders of multiple colors flying around them. Once he was behind Minho and sure he had inhaled enough powder for a lifetime, he leaned down and picked some of it up. He moved closer to the leader and brushed his hand along his nape, sideways to his neck, and down to his torso. He then ran his fingertips up, straight to the man's lips. He smeared his thumb along his lower lip.

Minho's breath caught in his throat.

Leaning forward, Jisung smiled.

"Show off." he repeated, this time straight into his ear, breath fanning over its shell.

He leaned back and admired his handwork, swirls of blue running down the man's neck, then his torso, and of course, his lips. He watched as Minho brought his fingers to his lips. The leader then looked at his hand and something seemed to shift in his eyes.

Jisung then noticed the mutters around them. He looked, amused to find the people dancing glancing at them with knowing smiles. He raised a brow. That was weird.

"Min, why are they-" he turned around to ask Minho, only to stop when he was swooped forward by the waist and straight into the leader's arms. This time, their noses brushed and their breathes mingled. Jisung's whole face radiated with warmth and his eyes met his – for once, not shying away from them. "... staring at us..." he ended his sentence in a whisper.

Well, if he had no idea why before, now he definitely did. This surely did give them a reason to.

"Simple," Minho declared with a shrug as he gently swayed them to the beat. "They're just wondering who finally caught my attention." (I love how I wrote this sentence like he was fifty or something and never ever had a lover, when he's only twenty.)

Jisung's breath caught in his throat and he suddenly had troubles dancing correctly. So that is why he had a crown too... Fucking Rosé.

His heartbeat was racing at an incredible pace and he suddenly felt like stumbling forward to crash their lips together.

But he refrained.

Minho often said that humans were complicated, but in that moment it felt like Strays were the complicated ones. For them, love was with one person for a lifetime – it was all about sharing your remaining years with your One. And Jisung was no fool, no idiot – he knew what he was beginning to feel for the older Stray. But Jisung could never guarantee that to Minho. Not without knowing if he was himself ready for such a commitment. Not without JYP's agreement and promise of never sending them back to Earth.

Chan and Changbin were aware of that too but probably had more positivism than he did and too much faith into their boss. But no man could promise them a stay forever in a planet that was not theirs – especially not when what they wanted from it could forever compromise their peaceful relationship.

He knew that Minho said that Suzy, JYP, the previous leader and himself worked hand in hand to grow peace. But Jisung never believed in fairy tales.

And this, this was reality.

He couldn't give his heart to Minho and promise him eternity, as of now.

His hand went to his dog tag, resting over his chest, next to the blue feather.

But he could promise Minho that he would, once he could.

He reached out and settled his hand over his jaw. He had to tell him to wait for him.

"Minho, I-"

But before he could even finish his sentence, cheers erupted into the place.

Minho snapped his attention to the newly wedded pair, who was now dancing in the center of the dance floor, surrounded by a cloud of diverse colors. He laughed and joined the clapping, slowly stepping back like everyone else and tugging Jisung along.

Jisung looked down with a sad smile. He guessed that could wait. It's not like he was leaving any time soon. Instead, he wrapped his hands around Minho's bicep and cheered, stepping back next to him to leave the dance floor to the couple, and clapped happily with a bright grin. After all, this was Johnny and Ten's moment.

He looked up at Minho's profile, heart melting at the man's beautiful cat-like grin. They would have their own moment later.

Cheers erupted once more when the music stopped. Ten and Johnny shared a kiss and Jisung whistled loudly, one arm pumping the air. He looked back up at Minho with a beaming grin.

"This is my first wedding ever! I love it!" he squealed, eyes darting back to the newly wedded who were hugging as he leaned into Minho's side.

Warm lips met his forehead.

Jisung stilled, the lips still on his skin.

"You really like kisses, don't you?" he mumbled, eyes slowly fluttering close.

Minho wrapped an arm around his shoulders and loosely hugged him, his lips curling into a smile. "Look at the ground." he whispered instead of answering him.

Jisung reopened his eyes and did exactly that. And gasped.

"Wow." he let out, staring in awe at the beautiful soil.

It was covered in smears of all colors forming a beautiful tree-like shape.

"The Grand Tree, huh?" Jisung chuckled, snuggling comfortably against the older.

Minho raised a brow in surprise but let it go and smiled. "Yes, the Grand Tree."

Jisung hummed and simply wrapped both his arms around Minho's middle. In that position he could feel even more the cold of his dog tag, urging him to give it to the older. He stared at the drawing.

The Grand Tree was their most important thing in the world. There, is where he would make his very own promise.

– – – – –

Night had finally fallen onto this part of the universe. The invitees were finally sitting around large wooden tables in the cave, covered with luscious food.

Minho and Jeongin stared at each other in utmost disgust for the umpth time.

"Are we really forced to watch that hyung? Can't we just ditch them?" the youngest whined, snarling at his best friend who was now feeding Seungmin Gyujaks in a disgustingly adorable manner.

"I'm in. C'mon let's leave." Minho answered, his own judgmental eyes set onto his own best friend who was rolling his eyes fondly at his partner but still accepting to be feed. Minho snorted.

"I can hear you. Stop complaining just because you're jealous your boys aren't giving you any attention." Hyunjin called from his seat.

This caused Jeongin to choke onto his drink and Minho to not-so-subtly fan his own face.

On the other side of the table, Felix stared fondly at Changbin, Chan and Jisung. The three humans were marveling at the food in front of them, and Felix found their interest and thrill just absolutely adorable and touching.

Next to him, Woojin wrapped an arm around him and fondly nuzzled his cheek. Felix playfully whined at the motion but Woojin only laughed and stayed put. Instead, he went to look at the boys too.

"They seem to fit in just right. They look like they belong here." he commented, laughing lightly when Chan's whole face went red after biting into a spicy cake.

"Because they do. They belong here, with us. They're our family now Woowie." he declared confidently, looking up at his brother. "You know, I really like them. I don't want them to go back home- I mean, on Earth."

Woojin looked down at his brother with pride. He'd grown so much. He carded a hand through his long blond hair. He liked the thin ponytail on Felix, it looked great. His hand stopped over the jewelry holding them tied.

"I don't want them to leave either." he confessed, eyes flickering over a certain blond. "But that's something they'll have to decide with their boss first. You know Minho gave them the green light."

Felix hummed, contemplative.

"I'm sure Suzy would want them to stay. It's everything she's ever wanted." he commented, eyes falling onto Changbin and Jeongin playing a hand game.

"But Suzy's not their boss," he paused, chuckles dying. "And this decision is theirs, first and foremost."

"You know they want to stay here." Felix stated, throwing him a knowing look.

Woojin flicked his forehead, a shy smile forming on his lips as he looked away.

"I know nothing." he retorted, focusing instead on his food.

Rosé, who was sitting next to them with her partner, snorted in amusement and shook her head. Woojin threw her a betrayed look, as she tugged her own lover up for a dance.

"Look! Ten's about to sing a song!" Jeongin squealed from his seat, latching onto his brother's arm.

Minho smiled down at him and raised his drink for the newly wedded. Woojin followed and so did Felix and most of the table. Soon, Ten began to sing. It was a beautiful love song, his voice sounding beautiful along with his sitar.

Woojin watched as Rosé and her lover began swaying gently to the beat, quickly joined by other couples.

Woojin cast a warm look at his little brother and brushed a strand of hair away from his face.

Felix looked up, eyes sparkling.

"Care for a dance, little brother?" he chuckled, warmly smiling.

Felix grinned back and simply nodded, pulling him up by the hand.

They reached the dance floor by the time Ten was midway through the song and Felix leaned his head over Woojin's chest. The older gently hugged him and swayed them to the melody. The residual powders flew around them as Woojin twirled them around. Their once pale blue and peach robes were now stained with spots of colors, but if anything they loved it even more. It was a memory of the wedding they'll keep forever and laugh at ten years in the future.

"You know..." Woojin suddenly said as he spun Felix around. "No matter what happens, when all ends or even before- if you... if you just feel like Changbin is the one for you, then go for it." he advised, wrapping his arms around Felix's waist.

Felix stared at him in surprise, mouth agape.

Woojin stopped swaying them.

"You shouldn't waste time just because of what ifs or because we're about to face hard stuffs." he chuckled, bringing his face closer to his. The underlying message concerning the bad humans' threat was clear in their heads but Woojin's words managed to settle a bit of hope for what's to come into Felix's heart. "If anything, being together makes one stronger." Woojin assured him.

Felix closed the distance and rubbed their noses together, tenderly. His eyes fluttered close.

"I really like him, Woowie. I was hoping for your approval." he confessed, smile tiny but content as he fluttered his eyes back open.

"Then give him a reason to stay." the older stated, slightly leaning back with a smirk. He looked him in the eyes. "Give him a reason that will make him fight to stay here, if it comes to it."

Felix laughed lightly and shook his head. "I know what you're implying."

"Then, will you?" Woojin asked, raising a brow.

"Who knows?" he shrugged and then suddenly spun the older around.

As Woojin caught his balance, he glanced at the table and laughed out loud once he saw Hyunjin and Jisung getting up.

"Hyunjinie! Let's go!" he declared as he dragged Hyunjin by the back of his sea green robes. "They say you're a dancing king, well so am I, and it's time to prove it!" he laughed, happy when Hyunjin's eyes lit up with passion at the mention of dance.

Hence how they both began to dance like there was no tomorrow, in a succession of very... original moves, Woojin noted.

Seungmin cackled from the table, having the time of his life watching them dance some seriously disputable dance moves. He cheered for his lover, Minho and Jeongin joining the other invitees in their laughing fit. Chan and Changbin on the other hand cheered for their little brother like their lives depended on it, happy to see him dance again. The three of them really enjoyed music in their spare time. It had been a long time since they had danced this freely.

Suddenly, Chan's eyes met Minho's. A smirk bloomed on both their faces as they watched more people join their little group of friends on the dance floor.

Minho suddenly kicked Seungmin out of his chair and Chan pushed Changbin forward. The two boys stumbled next to each other and shared a look of horror.

"Absolutely not." they both declared, trying to step away. But Hyunjin and Jisung grabbed their arms and pulled them into the dance floor.

Chan and Minho chuckled as they watched them get lost into the sea of bodies, now dancing to some more upbeat oriental-like beat played by three women.

A cough made them turn around.

Yedam was standing in front of Jeongin, offering him his hand.

"Care for a dance?"

The oldest stared at the hand in shock, wide eyes darting to both sides to check how many people were witnessing this. And judging by the whispers and smile, many had caught on. To say he was a blushing mess would be an understatement. Nevertheless, Jeongin did not back down and confidently grasped his hand.

Minho laughed and raised his glass at Yedam in approval. The younger beamed and grinned before he tugged Jeongin onto the dance floor.

Minho chuckled at that and turned to Chan. They were now the only ones of their family left at the table.

"I wanted to thank you, Chan." the leader said, making eye contact with him. The human raised his brow and brought his drink to his lips. "For everything, for coming here- all that." he explained, turning his eyes back to Jisung who was now dancing with Rosé.

Chan smiled at him and settled his drink back onto the table. He stretched his arms and glanced at the starry sky. He could see Orion. And he could also see Woojin's orange star – Helios. Discreet but glowing.

"I'm not to be thanked, Minho. You did the most. You let us have so much freedom, you let us got close to you. You made us your family, even though you have no guarantee we'll stay here..." he whispered, eyes still focused onto the orange orb.

Minho hummed, nodding pensively.

"You do know that my offer is extended to you, right?" he asked, eyes set onto the dance crowd.

Chan chuckled, knowing full well what Minho meant.

"Of course. And I think you already know my answer Minho. Our answers." he answered, eyes finally falling onto the leader. Minho's eyes were already on his, slowly turning into crescent as a content smile bloomed on his face. "But we need to formalize it with our boss first – while he would never object, he needs to make it official to everyone." he precised, a dreamy expression on his features.

Minho nodded happily, well aware of this very fact. But he was optimistic. He had a gut feeling everything would turn out well.

He turned to stare at the dance floor once more and his eyes caught Hyunjin's ones. The boy was dancing with Changbin, a radiance to his face Minho had rarely seen so far.

"We make a lovely family." he commented, hand coming over Chan's on the table.

The human hummed in approval and squeezed his fingers back.

"We do."

– – – – –

Changbin brought his cup of ale to his mouth as he stared at the starry night. It was a beautiful night, though chilly. But he would have to get used to it if he were to stay there forever.

A smile crept up his lips.

Thinking those words and knowing it was most likely to be true was making him feel more alive than ever. He could see himself running after work to the beach in summer and up the mountains in winter, eating luscious fruits under the shade of a turquoise palm tree and going back home with-

Home.

This was going to be his home, the tree house might one day become his home and these friends of his family.

"What are thinking that is making you smile that hard?" Felix asked as he came closer and sat down next to him on the hill.

Changbin chuckled and offered him some ale.

"Nothing much, just thinking about how bright the future sounds. You know, I've always dreamed of climbing these mountains when I was a child." he revealed, pointing his finger to the beautiful chain of mountains further away in front of them.

Felix took a last sip and furrowed his brows.

"Really? They aren't that extraordinary, you know? We've got prettier places on our planet. Don't you have mountains back on Earth?" he wondered.

Changbin smiled and shook his head, shoulders slumping.

"No, I guess they're not. But for a boy like me, who's grown up in a facility and a city that's full of technological stuffs and buildings, it looks amazing." he explained, turning his his body sideways so that he was facing the younger. "The most we did see was this little river behind our dormitories. We used to sneak out at night and go play there. It was so amazing to see something so natural in a place like that that we used to say it was a "sea". It was the most water we'd ever seen."

Felix grinned at him and took a sip of his cup.

"It must have been a shock then, seeing our sea."

"Yeah, it was." Changbin admitted, laughing. He leaned back on his palms, fingers intertwining with the mint green grass as he stared at the stars above. "So was your whole planet, to be fair."

Felix looked down at him, bright eyes studying his face. "Yeah, we're pretty amazing." he shrugged in fake nonchalance. Changbin laughed and hit his shoulder, making him laugh too.

"Don't brag too much. Earth was better on some parts." Changbin conceded, as he leaned back on his elbows.

Felix's eyes widened in curiosity and he hovered over him. "Like what?" he whispered eagerly, almost like he was asking for a secret.

Changbin chuckled at his cute demeanor and brushed a strand of hair away from his forehead.

"Well, first the food-" At Felix's offended gasp he held his hand up. "Wait, wait, wait I'm not saying yours is bad, it's actually amazing. But our hamburgers, pizza, pastries- all that? It was to die for." he stated, eyes sparkling with memories.

Felix huffed but as he was intrigued with the strange names and the way Changbin seemed to really love it, he granted him that. "What else?"

"Hmm, I'd say our night activities?"

Felix coughed next to him, a soft blush rising on his cheeks.

Changbin's eyes widened and he quickly sat up.

"No, no! Not those kind of activities!" he was quick to rectify. "I meant, going out at night, to see movies, have a drink, go clubbing or to the restaurant."

At Felix's incredulous face he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What? You can't deny that it's really calm here. What do you guys do at night anyway?" he wondered, genuinely curious.

Felix blinked at him and burst out laughing.

"Oh my Jae, Seo Changbin you're unbelievable! You go out at night here three times in months and you think you already know everything?" He leaned forward and smirked at him, breath fanning over his lips. "Straya is everything but calm at night, human boy."

Changbin gulped and blinked.

"Then show me." he whispered, eyes darting from his shining eyes to his plush lips.

Felix's smirk turned into a wide grin and he took both his hands in his.

"Come with me." Felix whispered, and suddenly he was pulled up.

Changbin blinked out of his reverie as Felix dragged him through the depth of the bioluminescent jungle. He stared at the back of Felix's head and couldn't help but grin. Together, they both ran away from the wedding.

– – – – –

It was well through the night when Minho began saying goodbye to everyone, having night duties to perform. Wedding or not, he had things to check up on.

"Already leaving, Min?" CL asked with a warm smile as she came to him. He smiled and nodded, letting go of Midnight.

On the way, she nodded to Jeongin and Yedam who were talking in hushed voices. They nodded back with bright smiles. She reached Minho and patted his shoulder.

"Their union will be a good way to strengthen our clans ties, with Jeongin being a leader's younger brother and Yedam a leader." she commented, arm loosely hanging off his shoulder.

Minho turned to her in shock.

"You've already taken a decision?" he wondered.

CL nodded.

"I've known it for a long time that it was going to be him. I feel like everyone has known. Having other candidates was more out of formality, but even they knew that they were no match. Actually, I plan on handing him the crown sooner than expected." she revealed.

At Minho's shocked gasp she grinned and looked him in the eyes.

"I'm getting too tired of this. To be honest I'm thinking of a retreat to the South, beyond the Sea." she whispered, looking down, a sad and regretful smile on her lips.

Minho froze and blinked his tears away. So soon?

Without waiting for his reaction she went on.

"I'll ask Suzy to go with me." she sniffed, wiping her nose with a chuckle.

Minho could only stare at her in shock.

"You do know she won't give up her position here for a chance to see her lover again, beyond the Sea?" he asked.

CL chuckled and shrugged.

"I'll try. But I wouldn't be too sure about that." At Minho's confusion she went on. "Now that everything she's worked for is coming to an end, that she no longer has another purpose refraining her from loving him to her truest and someone to take her place, I don't think she'll be that reluctant. Actually, she might seize the opportunity." she revealed, eyes reminiscent of all their memories as youngsters.

"A successor?" he wondered out loud.

CL nodded to he left. Minho followed her direction and his eyes fell onto a familiar blond.

"You don't think... Chan?"

CL nodded.

"Yes, him. He's a born leader from what I've seen. She's seen it in him too, I can feel it from the way she speaks and appraises him. She's considering it. I know her better than anyone here, I can assure you of that."

Minho chuckled and nodded, walking back to his Pali.

"You're probably right. She's too old now anyway."

CL snorted in indignation.

"And it's time for her and him to reunite, their love tragedy has gone for too long." he scoffed, an amused grin on his face.

CL burst out laughing and clapped him in the back.

"You and your sharp tongue." she laughed.

Minho winked at her but then calmed down and looked at her. Her, who'd always been there for him. He'll miss her. But her time has come. She needed to step down and he understood that perfectly.

"Says hello to everyone for me. To him." he declared, suddenly going forward and enveloping her into a tight hug. She yelped in surprise but relaxed and hugged him back.

"I will. I'm sure he misses you dearly. He would be proud to see his training did not go to waste. You're a worthy leader." she mumbled into his neck.

Minho closed his teary eyes.

"I miss him too." he whispered, hand blindly reaching for one of his trademark blue feather hanging from his necklace. "Give it to him for me, will you?" he smiled, leaning back and handing her a feather.

She gently closed her hand over his palm. "I will." she swore. "I hope to see you there soon too, when everything has calmed down and you're allowed to roam this world freely. With your family. All of them."

"You know it's unlikely to happen." Minho pointed out, suddenly grim. With those relentless attacks from the humans he felt like he was never bound to be free.

Yet, CL smiled warmly at him, eyes all knowing.

"It will happen Minho. Sooner than you expect. I know you can feel it too, everything's about to come to an end. Soon, no more of this." she promised, hoping that those bad humans could be rode off soon.

"Soon." he promised, a tiny smile on his lips.

She nodded in approval but suddenly slipped a note into his hand.

"They are coming Minho. You have to warn your humans and ask for their help." she whispered, eyes fearful but hopeful as she let go of his hand.

Minho nodded in confusion and fear, clutching the note in his hand as a bad feeling settled in the pit of his stomach. She was right, he had to protect not only his people but the good humans who've strove to make peace with their kind. If this note was so worrisome that CL asked that of him, then he would.

"I will." he assured, eyes falling onto Jisung. A wave of protectiveness enveloped him and a newborn fire erupted in his eyes. He clutched the note tightly in his hand, his eyes never leaving the human. "I will."

– – – – –

Changbin could only blink in utter astonishment as he toyed with his cup.

"I never thought your world would be this lively." he commented, eyeing the people dancing and drinking inside the small pub-like cottage.

People were dressed in colorful garments, drinking around tables or dancing on a dance floor. Outside these walls people were sitting on the grass under the bioluminescence and enjoying an evening snack together, while others were playing around. There was also music everywhere. Felix had told him there was also an animation with the skulls of long extinct beasts on the other side of their tribe, where the oldest members retold the stories of their clan to their youngest.

Felix chuckled and reached out to pat his hair.

"I know, I know. You've been repeating that for one hour straight now." he pointed out, biting into his Honuk.

"I know, sorry, it's just... so unexpected." he lamely said, wide eyes still scouring the place.

"Seriously?" he asked, genuinely surprised. "Did you think we spent all of our nights inside?"

Changbin looked at him guiltily but shook his head. At this moment Gyu climbed up his sleeve, sitting on his shoulder. The cute ball of fluff let out tiny yawn and Changbin petted its head, telling it to rest.

"No, no, it's just... I've been here for so long and I never knew." he explained with a sigh, wondering just how many more things he was kept in the dark from. His hand left Gyu to settle on the table, centimeters away from Felix's.

"We don't bring everyone in town, you know?" the blond stated more than asked.

Changbin raised a brow at that. Guess that made sense. They would not go around revealing everything to the first newcomer.

"Oh, so I guess I'm special?" he smirked, reaching out to play with Felix's fingers over the table.

The boy blushed and looked to the side, eyeing the Lubia on their table, its dully shinning purple petals swaying in the wind.

"You could say that." he mumbled, biting his lip.

Changbin's hand froze over his.

At this, the blond looked back at him, wondering why he stilled.

However, when their eyes met he stopped breathing. The human's ones held something he could not decipher, but it was profound and passionate. So much, that he felt like if he were to stare at it any longer he would do something thoughtless. He had never been stared at like this.

Not able to take this any longer, he cleared his throat and stretched.

"So? Were your Earth night escapades better, or this?"

"To be frank, this is better."

"Really?" Felix gasped, genuinely surprised. Seeing the three humans together had him thinking that they were always doing cool and amazing stuffs back on Earth.

"Yeah. Back in Seoul we had a lot of fun. But it was not the same. There were those few times we would sneak out when we were younger and we would go and play in arcades or simply walk around at night- these were really good times and we had a lot of fun. But..." he paused and looked around at the warm atmosphere, so different from the cold and devoid of emotions streets of Earth. "This does not compare to the feeling of warmth reigning over Straya."

Felix let go of his cake and wiped his hands on his leather trousers.

"I think I get what you mean."

Changbin chuckled and shook his head.

"I doubt that. Back there, we only had each other. It was just the three of us against the whole world. Here? Even if you're alone, you're never really alone. There's always those warm smiles and touches and the kindness- everything is basically warm, while Earth is... frozen."

Felix sighed and looked down at the table. It saddened him to hear that. But what saddened him the most was the perfect picture Changbin seemed to draw in his mind of their planet. The boy had seen so few of it and yet, with all its flaws, judged it warm... he could not even begin to imagine how horrible half his other legacy was then.

"Well, I am sorry to tell you I perfectly get that feeling. When I was a kid, our history made it that Straya wasn't so warm for me. But I don't blame my people for that. Actually, I don't even think I had it that bad. My mom probably did."

Changbin frowned and reached out for his hand. "She was a scientist, right?"

"Yeah. One of the most brilliant here. Or so I heard. But she was the one warm thing I remember from my youth. Then, came Woojin, Minho and all the rest. They were warm and we were a lovely family. But the streets were not as warm as they're now. I won't go as far as to say it was freezing but... if Woojin's love for me was an ardent flame, theirs was a chilling blizzard." he paused, eyes unfocused, then smiled. "Then, the years went by and all the fear with it. But... I get where you're coming from Changbin." he ended, looking up at him with a tight smile.

To say Changbin was speechless would be an understatement. For a while, he had forgotten that the bright ball of light and joy seated in front of him went through hell and back. Funny how appearances could hide so many deep wounds.

"My mom died when I was a kid too." he confessed, surprising himself as well.

"She did? I'm sorry to hear that."

"That's alright. I never knew her that much. But I remember her smile. It was beautiful." he stated, unconsciously smiling at the memory. "People say I share it."

Felix smiled at that and intertwined their fingers.

"I guess you do." he nodded, surprising the human, whose cheeks slightly went pink at the compliment. "People say I share my mom's hair. But that's not true. She was blond but... she had that cold blond type of hair while I hae the golden type one."

"Your natural hair color is blond?" he gasped in surprise, imagining him with his natural blond hair instead of his colored version. "God, I bet it suits you. Why don't you let it be, instead of coloring it the same? What does it change?"

Felix looked at him like he was an idiot. Which he probably was.

"That's soft blond!" he exclaimed, pointing at his hair. "Golden blond is not the same." he huffed, pouting as he looked to the side.

"If you say so, cub." Changbin chuckled as he reached out to wipe his lips. Felix had soft lips. His thumb stayed a bit too long over his lower one and Felix's heartbeat quickened. He looked back at the human.

Changbin's eyes were on to his lips.

Suddenly overwhelmed, Felix let go of Changbin's hand and stumbled up, face in flames.

"Let's go! There are some other things I'd like to show you-" he paused and shyly looked at him again. Changbin's eyes were now on his, but they still held this thing that made his skin feel tingly. "That is, if you want to." he carefully added.

Changbin simply reached out for his hand again and intertwined their fingers.

His eyes never left Felix's.

"Let's go then." he simply said, raising from his seat.

The blond gulped and nodded, shyly leading Changbin out. He couldn't stop his beating heart from drumming so fast. In fact, he feared Changbin would hear it.

But the human only warmly held his hand, like he was shielding him from everything and making him stronger at the same time.

So Felix relaxed in his hold and decided to trust him.

– – – – –

Minho was taking a stroll on the beach, along the sea, when the palm trees' leafs shook. He looked up in surprise, not expecting to see a familiar humane step through the foliage. He frowned. Straya's moon was up in the sky, way too up for the human to still be awake by now.

"Sosoil Minho." he greeted him, slowly extirpating himself from the thick foliage of the forest's edge. He ran up to him, feet plunging into the water as he reached him. It was cold but welcomed after all the heat that had rushed through his body with all this dancing.

"Sosoil Jisung." Minho answered as he settled properly over Midnight's back and looked down at him. The boy was obviously tired and Minho wondered if it were the nights spent in the labs or the training sessions that tired him out that much – he had seen the bruises on the boy. And while he knew Jisung was just as much a fighter as him – "soldiers" they call them on Earth – it still pained him to see the boy harmed in any ways. He remembered the first time he saw him hurt. His eyes were shaking and almost closing, his face sweaty and his feet bloody and battered by the rough nature. At the time, he had only felt pity and annoyance for the boy. But now... just thinking of it made him want to rip off the roots and stones that hurt him from the ground. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, you didn't say goodbye so I thought I had to find you." he cheekily answered and Minho snorted in amusement.

"Sorry, didn't want to interrupt the dancing king. Are you leaving?" he asked instead, a hand reaching out to tuck back a strand of hair behind his ear.

Jisung laughed at that but nodded and tiredly hummed, leaning into his touch.

"It was fun, but I have to go back." he chuckled, wrapping an arm around himself. He sighed and looked around, longing in the eyes.

Minho raised a brow and leaned back.

"You don't seem eager to go back." he commented, scanning him of his eyes. He was good at reading people but so far Jisung had been full of surprises, he must admit. The boy was still as spontaneous as ever, but he had begun to let loose on some reservations and beliefs he had. Or so, Minho liked to hope.

"Much work awaits for me at the base. Though, I think it can wait until tomorrow. I'd rather go sleep at the moment, to be frank." he revealed with a soft chuckle, massaging his arm.

"So going home, it is." Minho nodded, smiling down at him. He was actually relieved the boy would get some sleep. It was already way past his normal sleeping time, he should rest now.

Jisung hesitated a second.

"Yup." he then confirmed, popping the "p".

Minho frowned at him.

"What is it?" he asked, hands toying with his Pali's short mane.

"Oh, nothing. It's just... you mentioned home, but our little flat does not really feel like home anymore."

The confession had Minho shocked, stomach churning. What did he meant? Was Straya no longer good enough? Did he miss Earth... did he wish to go back on Earth?

The simple thought made him pale and he felt the urge to reach out and tuck Jisung away from everyone, in the safety and comfort of his tree home.

Jisung must have seen his dreaded face for he was quick to smile and explain.

"It's your house that feels like home, Minho."

Minho gasped at that, breath knocked out of his lungs at that simple admittance.

That, he had not expected at all.

But the pure image of Jisung laying on the couch in their home, bathing into the Glowlight and eating a Gyujak while they laughed to some silly jock Jeongin made, brought a warm feeling in the pit of his stomach.

A smile etched its way on his lips.

He got down from Midnight, gently patting its side. Midnight understood the message and slowly trotted away, leaving the two of them for a moment alone.

Minho turned to face Jisung, who looked at him in surprise.

"I thought you were going home too."

"Walk with me." he simply offered, walking ahead.

Jisung only laughed and nodded, catching up with him and spraying sand everywhere. Some got into Minho's eyes and he stopped, glaring at the shorter human. The boy only shrugged innocently.

Minho shook his head in amusement and firmly took his hand in his, not wanting him to go around and spray sand down his throat this time.

"Come." he simply said, tugging him forward.

Jisung's breath caught in his throat and he looked down at their joined hands. His were so warm... he had never felt this kind of warmth before. And he was not saying this because the weather had dropped significant degrees this evening, rather it was because Jisung had mostly been alone his whole life. His two childhood friends he now called brothers had already held his hand like this. But it had never felt this warm and safe – it had never felt this love. The way Minho was holding it was so tender and steady – it felt like the leader would never let go of it, even if they were to face a storm.

A soft smile blossomed on his face.

Minho led them to a boulder, halfway into the water. He turned to smile at him.

"Come." he repeated, never letting go of his hand as he reached out for the tall rock and began climbing it.

Jisung stared at him like he'd grown two heads. Did he really expect him to go up with only one hand? Now, he knew he was excellent when it came to climbing on things, but that was when he has two hands to do it.

Minho turned his face sideways and looked down at him expectantly.

Jisung blinked but finally grinned and shook his head.

"You're nuts." he declared, reaching out and grabbing the cold rock with his free hand. He thought back to the time they climbed that volcano for the Ordeals. "But so am I." he laughed.

He quickly pulled himself up and was surprised with how firm and steady Minho's hold on him was. The boy's hand did not even shake. Instead, Minho hauled him up even further, catching him by surprise. He quickly took hold of the rock higher up and turned to glare at his friend.

"You have no patience, I swear..." he facepalmed, eyes following the leader as he continued to climb past him, not missing the smirk on his face. "Motherfucker." he mumbled in Earthian as Minho hauled himself up onto the top of the boulder.

Not wanting to be "accidentally" tugged by the taller, he quickly caught up, for the first time struggling to do so.

As he was about to join Minho on the flat top, another hand caught his upper arm and pulled him up. Jisung yelped as he lost his footing, closing his eyes as he expected his body to slam into the rock. But instead he was hauled up and thrown against an all too familiar strong torso.

"Yah. You motherfucker." he deadpanned, head resting into his neck as he slowly inhaled. "Never do that again. What the fuck is wrong with you... is that the Straynian way of helping someone up?"

Minho chuckled, his breath tickling his neck.

"No. I'd simply heard that you were an excellent climber, so I wanted to see if you could handle the way our excellent climbers do it."

Jisung finally looked up, a somewhat doubtful look on his face.

"You guys really do it with just one hand?"

"We like the thrill."

"You're really plain mad."

"Probably."

Minho shrugged and Jisung snorted at that, leaning back once the crashes of the waves against the rock reached his ears.

"Woah, that's so cool." he breathed out, walking to the edge. "Is that what you wanted to show me?"

Minho hummed and Jisung smiled. Minho was a sweetheart.

All around him was a wide expanse of holographic water, with slow but tall waves crashing down white sand and boulders. The hills on both sides were covered with bioluminescent grass and plants, and the horizon ahead was full of colorful stars. Jisung could even see a planet from up there. There were no clouds tonight and Straya's aster was up in the sky, standing in the center of all stars, her reflection a glaze over the sea.

"What is beyond there?" he asked, pointing at the horizon, his voice barely heard over the strong crash of a wave.

"Other lands." Minho commented from behind him.

"Inhabited?"

"Yes."

Jisung's eyebrows shot up at that. Humans had never heard of it. Though, their satellites never got to fully fly around this planet, blowing up into space the moment they tried to go further, so he shouldn't be that much surprised by this new piece of information. However, he was eager to know more. But he knew Minho enough by now to know that if he did not elaborate it meant he didn't want to talk about it. So he closed his mouth and simply stared ahead.

Suddenly, a stronger and bigger wave crashed against the boulder, sending water flying all over them.

Jisung gasped and stumbled back-

Straight into Minho's arms.

He yelped but his words of apology died down the moment the boy tightened his grip around his waist, nuzzling his neck and shakily breathing in.

"Stay."

Jisung stilled in his arms, eyes wide. What did Minho... meant?

"Please don't leave-" Minho paused and swallowed, seemingly struggling to find the words. Jisung didn't dare to say or do a thing as he waited for him to go on. He could not even breath properly, too shocked to. But then, Minho said it:

"... me. Don't leave me."

It was like a slap in the face, a wild wake up call, like a heart attack even. Minho wanted him to stay here. To stay with him.

Not leaving him any more time to proceed what was going on, Minho shakily gulped and lowered his head against his nape.

"I don't think I can handle to ever let you go." he admitted in a whisper, one that Jisung didn't miss against the waves' crashes.

After a second, he finally found the strength to wrap his hands over Minho's.

"Minho," he began, voice surprisingly calm and steady. "How could you even think I would leave this place? I never intended to. All my life I fought to find a home and now that I have it... there's nothing left for me on Earth." he confessed.

He turned around in his hold and grabbed his face with his two hands, leaving a wide eyed Minho stunned.

"You doomed yourself to have me forever by your side the moment you've let me come here." Jisung admitted, omitting the few small details that made everything so complicated. But for now they did not matter.

Minho could not help but let a shaky breath out, a smile blooming over his face.

His hand went to Jisung's chest, over his heart, where the dog-tag and the blue silvery feather rested.

"Good." he declared, feeling the cold hit his cheek as one of Jisung's hand left it to settle over his own.

Jisung stared at Minho's shining eyes for one more moment. And in that moment, he realized that Minho knew and understood Jisung's feelings as well as accepted that he had to wait for them. And he was willing to do so.

So he let go of Minho's other cheek and tugged off his chain, the metal breaking.

His neck should have felt bare, now that it was gone. But the simple weight of the light string holding the blue feather around it made it feel like nothing had changed.

Minho stared down at their joined hands in shock, the cold chain in between sending shivers down his skin.

Jisung let go of his hand, letting the dog tag rest in it.

It had a new owner now.

"I'm not leaving." he promised again, looking him in the eyes.

Minho clutched the necklace tightly and looked up.

"Good."

Not even five hours ago Jisung had thought that the Grand Tree would be the place he'd made his promise. Yet, right in that moment, nothing felt more perfect than there and then.

– – – – –

"Did you like it?" Woojin asked Chan from his spot next to him on a large tree branch in front of his house.

Chan turned to him, knees tucked under his chin.

"You mean the food?" he smiled, eyes turning into crescents, seconds away from letting out a goofy laugh.

Woojin playfully rolled his eyes and elbowed him in the ribs.

"No, you Yeshihk. The wedding."

"I know, I know." he chuckled. "To answer your question, yes I absolutely loved it."

Woojin smiled at him in happiness, glad to hear that. He always had this stupid fear that Chan would not like what he saw. But as soon as he was next to the human and saw the vibrant spark in his eyes that fear disappeared, like it never existed in the first place.

"Actually, it was my first ever wedding and I'd feared it would grow to be boring at some point. On Earth that's the case, but here... it was fun from beginning to end." he confessed, looking up at the starry sky. He could see their stars from up there. Orion and Helios.

"Why was that?" he genuinely wondered.

Chan turned to him, eyes falling on his.

"Because you were with me from beginning to end."

Woojin's eyebrows shot up and he chuckled.

"Did you say that to all your girls back on Earth?"

Chan smiled cheekily.

"Only if we were sitting under the stars like we are tonight."

Woojin burst out laughing at that and Chan soon joined him, their laughter echoing in the silent night.

"No but seriously," Chan began after a while, now calmer. "I meant it."

Woojin's eyes turned into crescents as he smiled. He reached out for his hand and placed his over it.

"I know you do." he then looked in front of them, at the tree house. "Will you stay the night?"

Chan looked ahead too and hummed. He squeezed his hand.

"Never had any intentions of leaving."

Somehow, these words felt like they held another meaning. But neither commented on it, well aware of it but not needing words to state it, instead opting to hold hands a little bit longer into the quiet of the night.

– – – – –

"Oh god, how many Honuks did you eat, cub?" Changbin huffed as he reached Felix's bedroom.

The boy mumbled something against his shoulder, along the lines of 'shut up you Yeshihk and let me go'. Which Changbin did gladly once he reached the boy's bed.

Felix slumped onto the covers, yawing and stretching tiredly.

"You should change before you fall asleep-" the human however cut himself the moment he saw the boy curled up on his sheets, looking seconds away from passing out. He sighed and sat himself next to him. He reached his hand out.

"Arms up, cub." he asked, tugging the boy's sleeve. The blond whined but sat up, letting Changbin undo the knot tying his robes together.

Amusement took over the human's features as he reached out to undo the hair extension and jewelries off the boy. This scene seemed so familiar, and he was suddenly all too reminiscent of their second encounter. Now that he thought of it, not much had changed.

Changbin then moved to the silky pale blue robes and slid it down his shoulders. He took in the marvelous expanse of slightly tanned skin.

He couldn't help but admire Felix's well sculpted body. It was like he had been carved by the gods, looking more beautiful than any human could. His eyes traveled from his shoulders to his back and back to his torso, once more in awe before his tattoo and bellybutton delicate piecing.

His eyes fell onto his ribs.

They darkened a little, the long scar making images flash before his eyes, images he'd rather erase from his memory forever.

Not thinking twice, he reached out and thumbed the scar.

Felix's stilled at that, now wide awake and conscious.

He looked at Changbin in worry. While he considered this scar a strength and was in no way ashamed of it, he knew that it wasn't pretty. He wondered if Changbin thought any less of him for it.

"What do you think of it?" he asked, voice low and strained.

Changbin didn't even hesitate to answer, eyes never leaving it.

"That it's beautiful." he declared in all honesty. Felix choked on his breath, not having expected that answer at all, and Changbin looked up at him. "That you are beautiful."

Felix blushed and sputtered.

"You're beautiful too." he honestly said, wanting the human to know it.

Changbin chuckled and shook his head.

"You're too kind."

"I mean it Changbin. I really do." he assured him, eyes wide and honest.

Changbin stared at him in bewilderment. He was surprised by his earnestness. But it made him smile and warmed his heart.

He reached out and tucked a loose curl behind his ear. Felix's eyes fluttered close and he leaned into the touch, relinquishing into his warmth.

The moment stilled for a minute and Changbin suddenly had troubles breathing, too close to this marvelous creature, feeling like his fingertips were about to get burn by the bright light sitting in front of him.

He hastily stood up and Felix blinked at the loss of contact, confusedly looking up at him.

Changbin cleared his throat and straightened up his clothes.

"I think it's time for me... huh... yeah I need to-"

"Stay. Please."

Changbin's words died in his throat at the quiet plea, eyes meeting Felix's dejected ones.

His heart broke at the sight. And he realized that never again did he want to see them like that, worst, be the cause of it.

So he snapped.

He kneeled before him, reaching out for his face, desperate.

"Listen, one word of you and I'm gone Lix, out of your life, out of everything. But-" he paused, choking on his words, all coming to him in a tangled mess. He took a sharp inhale of air and tried to calm his nerves as he stared into those shining golden orbs. "If you... If you want me to stay, if you want me here..."

Changbin cursed under his breath when he saw those eyes well up and brought their foreheads together. He stared him in the eyes, eyes hopeful and determined, never wavering.

"Then you have me kneeling at your feet, ready to do whatever you ask of me, be whatever you want of me."

A single tear rolled out of Felix's unblinking eyes. He slowly and softly uttered those words out:

"Even if what I want is not what you want?"

"I'll take it still."

"Kiss me."

The words had not even fully fell out of his lips that Changbin's own were already crashing over his.

Felix choked on a sob as he reached out for his nape and pulled him in, their lips moving in harmony. He had never felt so loved, tingles exploding all over his skin. Changbin gripped the back of his head and bit his lower lip, tasting what he had died to taste for so long. He could not believe this perfect, strong but delicate being was finally his. Felix answered just as passionately and shakily inhaled, not believing what was happening. Changbin protectively wind up an arm around his waist and brought him closer, promising to always be there for him if needed be. Felix could only desperately hold onto him, as he swiped his tongue over his own. He wanted Changbin to stay true to his words. Changbin only wiped his tears away of his free hand in answer.

"Kiss me." Felix could only repeat against his lips, the moment Changbin leaned back.

And so, the human did.

– – – – –

Jeongin woke up to a snowflake hitting his nose.

He blinked his eyes open in confusion. How in the world...

His eyes widened as he looked outside the big rectangular window hole in his bedroom. The first snow had fallen. It was still dark outside, it was probably only four or five in the morning. But their soil was already covered in a small coat of it.

He shivered and rolled over in his bed, seeking more sleep.

His eyes fell on his orange fur.

They widened and he looked up, almost screaming out loud once they fell onto Yedam's sleeping face.

The boy was still sleeping soundly, so Jeongin quietly got out of bed and settled to sit on his windowsill, one leg hanging outside. He reached for the ground and wrapped the first robes that came to his hand around himself.

Black robes. Yedam's robes.

He smiled to himself as he stared at the beautiful landscape outside.

Now that everything was clearer, all came back to him. Yedam and him had danced the night away and were too excited to just settle back down onto their chairs. So they ditched the wedding and had a night stroll on Chittaprr before they let him go and settled for the Sureki grounds, in that one clearing Jeongin had stolen some orange paint. There, they had talked for hours and chased one another through the jungle like they were children. When they had reached his house, Yedam had planned on leaving but Jeongin had simply tugged him inside, where they barely even had time to take off their robes before they had collapsed onto his bed and slept like snoring Palis.

All had been so fun, in fact, the most fun he had in a while.

He chuckled in reminiscence and focused back onto the boy in his bed.

However, this time Yedam's eyes were staring right back at him.

"Sosoil."

"Sosoil."

Yedam smiled, somewhat shy, and stretched, looking like a panther. That made Jeongin smile.

The boy then sit up and rolled to the bed's end. Jeongin's eyes never left the scar on his bare shoulder.

There, Yedam sat and looked for the pouch he left on the ground. He took out a small ointment and pulled the cap open.

Wordlessly, Jeongin walked up to him and took it from him. He poured a generous amount of it onto his palm and kneeled on the bed, behind him.

The silence that engulfed them as he worked his palm gently over his muscle, that once would have been just plain embarrassing, was now nice.

As he finished to rub it in and hovered his palm over his warm skin, Yedam reached out for it. He intertwined their fingers and brought it his lips.

He closed his eyes and kissed his palm, and Jeongin reached for his jaw and lifted it. He stared at Yedam's face and smiled.

"Do you know where I see myself in the future?"

"Hopefully with me." he sheepishly grinned.

Jeongin chuckled at that and lightly tapped his cheek.

"I always pictured myself staring at a sunset on the beach, alone and painting my last work onto a seashell that I would send to the sea, hoping it reaches the other side."

Yedam hummed thoughtfully, leaning back onto his hand.

"That's a nice perspective."

"It is."

But as he uttered those words, his eyes could not stop staring at the younger boy. He had thought of it for a while but having the boy so close to him now, it all seemed so much clearer. In fact, now that this boy had wrecked into his life, he could no longer imagine this future anymore and be content with it.

No, what he pictured instead was himself running back toward the jungle into a certain person's awaiting arms, the both of them holding hands and walking back home.

He stared some more at the beautiful boy in front of him.

Said boy smiled at him, seemingly content with what he had. Now that he thought of it, it was true that Yedam was not difficult to please and never really asked for much. Jeongin could probably give into his requests a little bit more.

"There's something I want to show you." he declared, hand carding through his dark locks.

Yedam's smile made it all worth it.

– – – – –

"To all units, ready your guns. We're about to leave."

"Rogers." Elya gritted out, turning off his mic and earphones.

His eyes were red and swollen, unshed tears in them.

He turned his head to the side, worriedly eyeing his sister. Seraphina looked even worse, anger all over her face as she covered her belly with one arm. She hastily wiped off a tear from her cheek before anyone could see them, smearing her camouflage paint all over her cheek.

"I can't do this Elya." she groaned, head hitting the backseat of the helicopter they were in.

Elya tightened his jaw and looked down.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had no idea this asshole would bring the attack sooner." he cursed under his breath and loaded his gun. "I swear he found out about us and tricked us."

"We're not going back there alive." she declared, eyes closing.

Elya bit his lip, brain churning. No, they were indeed not going back there alive, if they were going back at all. But he could not let that happen, not to Sera, not to the baby.

"We have to retreat. It's either that or we get caught and he gets to do... god knows what he'll do." he whispered, frowning in horror and pain at the image of Seraphina facing the asshole's craziness.

"But we can't leave the boy, Elya. We promised we'd free him. He helped us so much, we can't leave him to them." she whispered, anger taking over her features once more.

And she was right. They could not let the boy in there.

"Alright. Then I'll go back-"

"No!" she hissed, quickly looking around to see if they were spied on.

Elya smirked.

"What? You think I'm going to go all hero and sacrifice myself? That's not knowing me well, Sera. Our colleagues here are probably ordered to kill us the moment this attack begins. What do you say we discreetly ditch them like the professionals we are and smuggle the boy out before all the units are ordered to leave? All this asshole's elite is on this mission, no one really scary will be guarding him and," he looked down at his watch and pursued his lips with a shrug. "That leaves me fifteen minutes to get him here unnoticed, which is more than enough."

Sera pursed her lips, thinking through his plan.

"Sneaking in and out won't be an issue. But what about the attack?" she demanded, eyes firm. It was clear that she would not leave before she could prevent those innocents' deaths.

Elya paused.

"Then what about this... I go smuggle the kid out and you run to your father, your sister, Minho or whoever you want to get help from, and save them?"

"And with what do you plan to reach us? Running is not an option."

Elya smirked.

"With what, my darling of course."

Sera's eyes softened.

"You really think that after all these years it will answer your call?" she gently asked.

Elya smiled at her, love in the eyes.

"Of course. A Young Wing never leaves its partner's side."

Sera smiled at him and nodded, eyes set as she took hold of the helicopter's commands.

"Good. Then get off my baby and go get him." she declared making him laugh. He hoped off the engine and offered her a salute. "If anything ensues or if there's any issue, you call me. Got it?" she asked, tapping her earphone.

Elya smirked and nodded.

"Count on it. Now go save them." he instructed. "Mode incognito on?"

"Mode incognito on." she confirmed as her helicopter turned invisible. A formidable technology the asshole acquired after stealing some of the Stray's bioluminescence. "Stay safe."

He smiled and looked up at the top of the building's east tower, where the light was still on.

"You too Seraphina."

"Hyuna. My real name's Hyuna." she suddenly declared as the helicopter rose from the ground in total silence.

Elya smiled and nodded as he sneakily approached the building. "Then stay safe Hyuna."

Hyuna laughed and nodded, though he could not see her. She rode away, amused but not surprised that Elya did not tell her his real name. That could wait for later.

For now, they had people to warn.

They had people to save.

As her eyes fell onto a familiar base ahead over the horizon she slowed down, longing filling her eyes. "It's good to be back home. Wait for me Suzy."

She looked down at her tablet, where data was stored in. Her eyes fell onto a file called "future leaders", something her sister had sent her a while ago. Under it was one name, a name she was sure would change many things.

"May you be as great as my sister claims you to be, or else we're all doomed to face some deep shit." she muttered to herself as she dashed into the night. "Let's see what you've got Unit 3Racha."

~~~~~~~~> To be continued... 

A/N: Taadaaa~ Did you like it? I hope you did aha !

On these notes: I MISSED YOU GUYS! And yes I'm back! I simply got a summer job and Jae was it time consuming!!! But now I'm done and finally had time to get this done aha. As you could see, shit is about to go down~ And we're about to enter the last and final arc of this story!

Anyway, about the important stuffs- are you happy Changlix finally got together ehe? Did you expect it?~ Well, I did pomise a kiss didn't I? It was so much fun writing it aha!

So, coming up next:
- Shit.
- More shit.
- More love.
- Revelations...
- And I don't know what else~

On these notes, I hope you didn't miss me and that story too much, and if you liked it then as always comment, leave kuddos, bookmark or do nothing, from the moment it makes you happy, it makes me happy!

See you soon!

Lots of love,
Orange.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 3.2K 57
[Modern AU] Han Jisung was a stalker. Due to events that stirred up in the past, he had promised to himself he would stalk as many people as he could...
19.8K 564 53
Han Jisung, a confident and somewhat naive college sophomore, moves into the infamous Stray House on campus. He quickly becomes interested in Lee Min...
19.8K 1K 23
Sequel to 'Meet' Hyunjin and Seungmin had the perfect life living in a big house with their beautiful daughter. Life for the three of them as a famil...
11.3K 593 30
"I want out! I can't do this anymore." Han spat, slamming his gun on the desk. "Out? It don't work that way. You can't just get out. It's kill or be...