Restoration in the River

By MagicMaloo

Taking a trip to Egypt to take new photographs for a possible, upcoming exhibition, Julian Lennon son of the... More

Always Think Twice
Stick Around
Everything Changes
Day After Day
Good to be Lonely
I Don't Wanna Know
Imagine
Take Me Home
Other Side of Town
Photograph Smile
Lookin' 4 Luv
I've Seen Your Face
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Now You're in Heaven
You Don't Have to Tell Me
Kiss Beyond the Catcher
Nobody Told Me
Let Me Tell You
Saltwater
This is My Day
Invisible
Honey Don't
The Night Before
Day Tripper
Hello, Goodbye
I Saw Her Standing There
Oh! Darling
Say You're Wrong
Stand By Me
And I Love Her
Can't Buy Me Love
Thin Red Line
That'll Be The Day
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Any Time At All
Do You Want To Know A Secret
The Ballad of Harvey and Wolf
A Hard Day's Night
On The Phone
You're The One
From Me To You
Love Me Do
Ticket To Ride
Till There was You
Hey Jude
Come Together
Bonus Chapter: Can I clear up some confusion (hopefully)?
Woman
Oh Yoko!
We Can Work it Out
A Day in the Life
With a Little Help From My Friends
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
All I've Got To Do
Carry That Weight
Yesterday
Golden Slumbers
Act Naturally
Tell Me Why
Please Please Me
The Fool On The Hill
If I Needed Someone
There's A Place
Birthday
Misery
All You Need Is Love
Ain't She Sweet
Don't Bother Me
I Need You
Ask Me Why
The Long and Winding Road
Don't Ever Change
You're Going To Lose That Girl
I'm Looking Through You
A Taste of Honey
Let It Be
Hello Little Girl
Got To Get You Into My Life
Cry For A Shadow
Words Of Love
Her Majesty
Hold Me Tight
The Saints
Bad to Me
Leave My Kitten Alone
I Want to Tell You
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Your Mother Should Know
The End

Getting Better

77 6 2
By MagicMaloo

She looked around for any clue as to where Harvey had taken her.

But nothing was coming to her or ringing a bell.

"Emmaline dear, I know it seems like I'm an enemy to you right now, but I am anything but!" Harvey said. "You'll be safe here!"

"For how long, Harvey??" She demanded. "How long will I have to stay here?? How long can you keep me safe?? And where have you taken Julian??" 

"I would die for you Emmaline Elizabeth Mary Hatchford! And you know it!"

"I know that Uncle, but if you put yourself in my shoes, wouldn't you be a worried as me if someone took you away from Aunt Holly?" She asked him.

"My Holly and I were never put in a situation like you are in now!" 

"I beg to differ, Harvey William Gordon!" The doctor argued. "There were many a time in your career where Holly had to be moved somewhere safe, because her life was put a risk, with you hunting down dangerous criminals and murderers!!"

"And all the while, that woman had nerves of steel and you know it!" Harvey continued to dig his heels in "Probably why Wolf never married or had kids!" 

"I just never thought that life would parallel mine, Harvey...become mine, I'm just a humble doctor wanting to spend the rest of my life with my Julian!" She said.

"Wolf and I are working with the Chief to get you two back together, Kitten!" Harvey continued to tell her. "But unless we know someone who is more powerful than the Almasi's, we ain't gonna bring you two lovebirds together, plus, could you imagine, anything happenin' to Lennon? His father was shot dead in cold blood when he was seventeen!"

"You looked this all up?" She asked, with a cheeky grin.

"No, Kitten...I was a big fan of John, both in the Beatles and after, his cover of Stand By Me, I want to be played at my funeral, guess you learn something new every day don't you?"

"So you never fangirled when you met Julian because he wasn't..." 

"Julian is not John, and I am mightly glad that he isn't, doctor. John had his demons, his faults, yes, but he also had good in him. I admit...I was surprised that you managed to, 'land' Julian in the first place!" He said.

"Uncle Harvey!" She scolded. "So will you tell me where I am?"

"You're in my Bamboo Beach Shack, Dr Hatchford" came the voice of a middle-aged man, about the same age as her, "I am Wolf's son, Emmaline"

"You're a fucking liar!" Harvey yelled, pulling out his gun. 

 "Harvey!" Emmaline growled. "He is also the Governor-General of this country! Put your gun away!"

Wolf came into view.

"You TOLD me you have no family, you liar!" Harvey snarled "now I feel my world has been turned upside down! You, have a son?? And he is one of the most powerful men in this country..." 

"Yes, and I can help Emmaline and Julian, I can keep them hidden in plain sight!" Wolf's son said.

Julian came into the little beach shack and Emmaline ran to him and hugged him as tight as she could, then she kissed him.

"How?" Harvey asked, eyeing Wolf, the man he thought he knew.

"You may address me as Your Excellency, Detective," the Governor-General said calmly.

"I will address you however I..."

"Harvey!" Emmaline snarled "He is the Governor-General!" 

 The old detective felt nothing but emptiness and betrayal, so he just walked into the bedroom, and slammed the door.

"Your Excellency, I apologise," she said "but may I just go in and see him, he is my Uncle" 

He nodded.

"So, Wolf how many children, family members do you have?" Julian asked.

"I am a widower, but my wife and I had five children, three sons, and two daughters. The Governor-General here, and also one of the best Air Marshals in the RAAF before serving Her Majesty, on a higher level is my firstborn, my other two sons, excelled in their fields, one is the Police Chief in Brisbane." Wolf said.

"His boss, also my brother, my name is Alexander Logan Wolf, but my family and friends call me Aleko," the Governor-General said. "My father is a humble, wise, brave, loyal, dry detective of the city he was born in and his ancestors were born in too!"  

"So what is your plan?" Julian asked.

"Queensland needs a Governor," Alexander began. "If Emmaline were to step into the role, she would be more protected! Like I said, hidden in plain sight!"

Julian looked at Wolf, then back at Aleko.

"Think of the Doctor's position, and your name Mr Lennon, you and Emmaline could do great GREAT things for Queensland, and The White Feather Foundation!" Alexander said.

"Is it wise for the Governor of Queensland to be married before taking office?" Julian asked, grinning.

"Name your venue, Mr Lennon!" Alexander said, smiling back.

*

"Oh Kitten..." Harvey said, pacing back in forth.

"I know Uncle, but why let this get to us? Logan would never turn his back on you and betray you!" Emmaline said. "he's got a family, good for him! He's got children, one is the Governor-General, that could help Julian and I! Unlike Wolf, my so-called best friend wants me either dead, miserable, or my whole world destroyed!!"

"I'm helping you too, Kitten!" Harvey continued to repeat himself.

"Alright, Harvey William, what is this about??" She demanded. 

"I don't want to lose you, darling!" He said, looking worried, even the tears were threatening to fall.

"Why would you lose me?" She asked, "Even if I marry and spend the rest of my life with Julian, you were there for me when Mum died, and you were there for me when Dad died, Harvey, you've always been there for me! And I will always be there for you! No matter if I marry Julian and live with him, hopefully happily ever after, okay??"

He smiled and hugged her tightly. "I wish you were mine, darling, I wish you were born a Gordon!" 

"But I am a Gordon, Harvey, because of Mum and you!" She said to him.

"No, sweetheart, I wish I and Holly had been the ones to raise you, properly! We truly didn't want to hand you over to your Father when he came for you, that's why we were always so close to you while you were growing up, and Rob hated that!" Harvey opened up to his niece. "Every day that passes I never stop thinking of the coward that I..." 

"Uncle Harvey, you have been more a father to me than my own father, and you remember that!" Emmaline silenced him. "I am not a spoilt, upstart bitch because of you and Holly! Dad loved me, but he raised me, to believe I was better than everyone else! That's also why I became a Doctor, to help people that need medical care!"

"Sweetness?" Julian knocked on the door, "could you come out for a moment?"

"Later, I'll buy you a drink, and a hearty pub meal!" She said smiling, as they embraced, she kissed his cheek.

"Everything okay?" He asked as Harvey went over to Wolf, his best friend and partner for many, many years.

She smiled and kissed him for reassurance. 

"Sorry for keeping my family from you Harv, I know you and Holly never had kids yourself," Wolf said, dryly. 

"Your firstborn? Is the Governor-General?" Harvey asked, then he whistled, almost to show how impressed he was.

Wolf smiled at Harvey. "And your niece is the best doctor in the country! We both got young ones to be proud of! I actually wished my Aleko, got with your Kitten! They would have made a great, powerful team!"

"Yeah well if you wouldn't have kept your kids from my knowledge, they might have!" Harvey bit back.

"Are we cool?" Wolf asked, dryly.

"Yeah, you old prick, we are!" Harvey said, smiling.

"So, Emmaline" Aleko began "I have a proposition for you, Governor of Queensland? With Julian by your side of course."

"But I'll be out in plain sight, Your Excellency!" She said.

"And also one of the most powerful women in Queensland!" Aleko said, "I am told, Her Majesty The Queen has requested you to be one of her personal doctors quite a few times!" 

Emmaline smiled "and I have refused, of course. But, she has finally got me hasn't she?" 

"Her Majesty always finds a way to get what she wants and needs!" Aleko said, "you know that! So, shall we go up to the house to discuss this?" 

 She smiled, "We shall, Sir." 

*
"I love this place you know? Byron Bay is so relaxing and peaceful!" Aleko said, looking around. "I hardly get back here though, even though my two offical residences are Government House in Canberra and Admiralty House in Sydney! You will love Fernberg House, Doctor!" 

"And your Father lives in a nice apartment complex up in Spring Hill," Emmaline said, smiling at the wise, dry old detective. 

"This ain't about me Doctor, this is about you!" Wolf told her, a finger pointed. 

"So, Doctor, as I said Queensland needs a Govenor, and although you would be elevated in status and known all over the country, you would also be hidden in plain sight, and this is how. Now, Tilly and Zosar are powerful, but they're not untouchable, and as for your brother and his wife Mia, well they've got no power at all! Mia thinks she does but let's face it, she's just a hopeless git! That will get what is coming to her! Now I am told you are in possession of some Egyptian Canopic Jars, so, get in contact with the Almasi's once you are settled in as Govenor and bring them to Fernberg, hand them back.."

"And make them see, they can't touch me!" Emmaline said.

"But the Almasi's are very powerful, Sir," Julian said.

"Oh I know, Mr Lennon. But I am the Queen's representative, as Emmaline will be. It would be stupid to try and take her out!" Aleko said. "And I know all about them, I know about Emmaline's attack, I know about Brooks, I know about Amelia thinking she can take Emmaline's place and Julian she believes will magically fall in love with her, I know that the Almasi's want to also ruin your relationship, life and force you to work over in his hospital in Egypt until you are nearly dead and then bring you back to life to do it all over again, Emmaline!! I am the Govenor-General, Julian. No one keeps anything from me! This Taweret is an ancient Egyptian goddess, who is not connected to your attack in the Nile Julian, that was just you being in the wrong place at the wrong time. This Lady Taweret is Tilly, she came to you when you were being operated on, she drugged you with hallucination drugs and the amulet that thank heavens you have turfed because it was broken in Uganda, was tracking your every move and sound! Anything else you want to know?"  

There was dead silence around the table, but finally, questions were being answered.

Aleko spoke once more "Tilly and Amelia are sisters, there is another daughter, she is not corrupt as her older siblings, she got a clean break and is a vet, up in Darwin. They were born to disadvantaged drug addict parents. When Tilly met you, Emmaline, it was friendship all at the start, she thought the world of you, but soon the jealousy set in, and when she met Zosar well that was just the icing on the cake. Your father kept those jars from Zosar's father, and that was all the more reason for Tilly and Mia to be jealous and hateful towards the Hatchford's."

"Were Tilly and Zosar, did they know each other before the met, were they connected? Family wise?" Julian asked.

"No, it was just lucky they met, Tilly got a powerful and rich husband, and all the while was jealous of the strong, independent woman Emmaline became, without a man! And now she's got one and has a good, pure heart that doesn't take any bullshit from anyone, she should be the happiest woman alive, and she will be." Aleko said. "And Amelia sucked Mark in like a gutless, little shit! Sorry, Emmaline, I don't like cowards, I get that from my Father!" Aleko said. "Come back up to Brisbane and I will swear you in as the new Govenor of Queensland."

"But shouldn't the Queensland Premier be able to recommend who they want?" Emmaline asked.

"Usually yes, but I have been asked by her Majesty herself, to offer you the position," Aleko said again with a smile. "The Premier is all for you assuming the role of Governor!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1M 64.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...