Restoration in the River

Da MagicMaloo

Taking a trip to Egypt to take new photographs for a possible, upcoming exhibition, Julian Lennon son of the... Altro

Always Think Twice
Stick Around
Everything Changes
Day After Day
Good to be Lonely
I Don't Wanna Know
Imagine
Take Me Home
Other Side of Town
Photograph Smile
Lookin' 4 Luv
I've Seen Your Face
Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Now You're in Heaven
You Don't Have to Tell Me
Kiss Beyond the Catcher
Nobody Told Me
Let Me Tell You
Saltwater
This is My Day
Invisible
Honey Don't
The Night Before
Day Tripper
Hello, Goodbye
I Saw Her Standing There
Oh! Darling
Say You're Wrong
Stand By Me
And I Love Her
Can't Buy Me Love
Thin Red Line
That'll Be The Day
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Any Time At All
Do You Want To Know A Secret
The Ballad of Harvey and Wolf
A Hard Day's Night
On The Phone
You're The One
From Me To You
Love Me Do
Ticket To Ride
Till There was You
Hey Jude
Come Together
Bonus Chapter: Can I clear up some confusion (hopefully)?
Woman
Oh Yoko!
We Can Work it Out
A Day in the Life
With a Little Help From My Friends
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
All I've Got To Do
Yesterday
Getting Better
Golden Slumbers
Act Naturally
Tell Me Why
Please Please Me
The Fool On The Hill
If I Needed Someone
There's A Place
Birthday
Misery
All You Need Is Love
Ain't She Sweet
Don't Bother Me
I Need You
Ask Me Why
The Long and Winding Road
Don't Ever Change
You're Going To Lose That Girl
I'm Looking Through You
A Taste of Honey
Let It Be
Hello Little Girl
Got To Get You Into My Life
Cry For A Shadow
Words Of Love
Her Majesty
Hold Me Tight
The Saints
Bad to Me
Leave My Kitten Alone
I Want to Tell You
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Your Mother Should Know
The End

Carry That Weight

65 6 5
Da MagicMaloo

"What??" Emmaline snarled. "Wolf that is nothing to fucking joke about!! Tilly Almasi is my best friend in the entire world! She would do anything for me!"  

"Then you're gonna hate me for the next sentence... she and Amelia..." 

The doctor snatched the note from the detective, almost tearing it in two.

"Kitten! Be careful will you?" Harvey scolded her.

Julian sat her down on the bed and gently rubbed her arms "do you want me to read it to you, Sweetness?" He offered, his voice was soft and calm, soothing her.

Her world had just been completely turned upside down if what was in the note was true.

"What?? You think I'm trying to pull your leg doctor?" Wolf scoffed.

"Yes! Thank you, Logan!" Julian growled.

Sylvie gently squeezed Wolf's hand "put yourself in Emmaline's shoes. Imagine if you found out Harvey was trying to destroy your life when you think he is actually your best mate?" She whispered then, so everyone could hear "Check the other jars for anything Logan, please?"   

Emmaline handed the note to Julian, the tears had welled up in her eyes. 

Her entire world had come crashing down around her. What was right? What was wrong? Who could she trust? Who really loved her and cared for her? 

Harvey saw her tears and knew that she was thinking.

"Everyone in this room including Miss Mawko, you can trust with your life my Kitten, and we all love you and adore you! And don't you ever forget that! Promise me you won't? The night your beautiful mum passed away I made a promise to you, you were so tiny and red and crying as I held you in my arms and wrapped you up in a blanket to try to calm you down. Your face was all squished up as you'd just been born and your father wasn't coping, so I made a promise to you then and there in your mother's hospital room, to always take care of you, to never turn my back on you no matter how old you were! I wasn't sure that Rob would man up and take care of you, even though he knew he had to, losing Lizzie crushed him. God! They'd only knew each other for two years being married for only one!" 

"But Dad did man up, Uncle Harvey," She told him.

"He did, but it took him a while, Emmaline!" He said. "For the first six months of your life, you lived with your Aunt Holly and me! We even began the steps to legally adopt you! But one morning your father turned up on our doorstep and demanded you back! I remember Holly didn't want to give you up, and neither did I, but we put our faith in your father and..."

Emmaline had got up and headed into their ensuite, locking the door behind her. Julian was on her tail and was surprised she let him in.   

"My whole fucking world gets turned upside down and my uncle tells me this after fifty years! Fifty years! He didn't think to tell me before??  I could have had two parents, Julian!" She snarled, so upset.

"Your Uncle and Aunt could never be your Mum and Dad, Sweetness," He said, watching her closely as he sat on the edge of the beautiful deep set bath underneath a big open window looking out onto the river, tea light candles lined the windowsill.

"I know that Julian!" She snapped, pacing back and forth.

"But yes, you could have had two people raising you, but at the end of the day, your father was the man he had to be and raised you, not because he knew he had to, but because he loved you, Emmaline, you were his daughter, you were his flesh and blood! Something I would give my right arm for, you had thirty years with your father, I hardly had any with mine darling!"

She looked at him, "yes but you had nearly fifty-two years with dear Cynthia! I never even got to meet my Mum! We both at least got some years with one parent and hardly if any the other!"

"Shall I read this note to you, Pet?" He asked.

She nodded.

He cleared his throat and began in a clear, strong voice. "To my darling Emmaline, what I have to tell you, what I have done, will come at the greatest of shocks and perhaps shake your faith and trust in the people you are closest to, including me. Many years ago, I came into possession of a set of ancient Egyptian Canopic jars belonging to Pharaoh Nebdjefare, he was from the Fourteenth Dynasty reigning from 1694 BC to1693 BC. Zosar's father, a good friend of mine was a descendant of Nebdjefare. However, I was not a good friend to him, daughter. I have kept a deep, dark secret for so many years it still haunts me. Greed overcame me Emmaline, when I was offered these priceless jars, I knew the right thing to do was give them to Zosar's father, whom they rightfully belonged to, but I kept them daughter, and in doing so kept it from him I had them in my possession when he was told by me that they had been broken. I lied to him, something I instilled in you never to do. Tilly goes by the name of Lady Taweret and Zosar goes by the name of Kamuzu. They are two of the most powerful people in all of Egypt, I hope you can forgive me for whatever they put you through! When Zosar found out I had kept these jars from his father, he swore he wouldn't rest until he saw me and my family suffer, in every way possible."

He stopped and looked at her.

"You're not gonna like this next bit Sweetness" he warned.

"Don't keep it from me, Julian!" 

He nodded and looked back down at the note. "I never told you this, but dearest Tilly was not born a Roberts. She was born a Carter to Amelia's parents. I helped her foster parents foster her. But as the years went by, I could see she was always jealous of you and I was a coward for not doing anything about it, It was always the fact that you were born into a very wealthy family. I just pray you'll forgive me for what I have done in the past and I hope you meet the man that will sweep you off your feet and treat you like a Queen! I raised you as if you were better than everyone else because I lost the true meaning of life, I believed the entire world owed me for taking my Elizabeth away from me and just left me with you instead, but.... my brother-in-law Harvey always seemed to keep you grounded, and I will always be thankful to him for that!  You lived with him and Holly for the first six months of your life, looking back, I realised I should have let you stay with them after your mother died, to be honest with you, I never wanted to keep you. It was after your birth, I came into possession of the Canopic jars, I suppose being devastated by your mother's passing I threw caution to the wind and behaved like a reckless moron! If you have more sense in your head than I, you will do the right thing and give the jars back to Zosar where they rightfully belong! I'm sorry I was never really a good father. You should have been raised by Harvey and Holly!"

Emmaline was at the ensuite door quicker than Julian could comprehend, but he was right behind her. 

She rushed straight to Harvey and hugged her uncle so tight he nearly turned blue.

"Kitten!" He breathed. "I'm sorry!" 

"I wish you and Aunt Holly had raised me instead!" She sobbed "you know I never told Dad this, but I always considered you more of a Father than he ever was!"   

Julian stood in the doorway to the ensuite and made eye contact with the detective as he was hugging his niece.

The two men didn't need words to know what each other was thinking. 

Their main concern was Emmaline since her world had been turned upside down, they both knew she would need them. 

 "Dad kept those Canopic jars from Zosar's father, Uncle Harvey. Do you think I should return them to him? Instead of handing them over to the Brisbane Museum?" She said as she pulled away, but was still within arm's length.

"It might help Kitten." He said, hesitant to say yes or no.  

"I'm worried the damage is already done though Harvey. From the tone of Dad's note, it seems Zosar is out to destroy me..." She stopped mid-sentence as she realised, and she found herself rubbing her scar. "She wasn't in on my attack over at Lennon's was she?"  

"There's quite a possibility Kitten," Harvey said, "I don't know for sure though." 

"Then what do you know Detective??" She snapped.

"What I have said from the start, Wolf and I will get to the bottom of this Emmaline!" He said loud and clear, yet his voice was laced with a fatherly tone. "Now, I know you feel trapped and you are frightened! Leave those jars with Wolf and I and take off with young Julian here, I hear Lake Como is a lovely place, one to settle down in and one day perhaps, have a family together!" 

She looked at him, wide-eyed. 

"You got yourself a true gentleman there Kitten, hold onto him as tight as you can!" He said.

"Could you live over in Lake Como with me, Emmaline?" Julian asked. "I know this home has been in your family for one hundred and thirty years."

"it is just a roof over our heads, Julian, I can take the memories with me, I can pack up my most precious things and belongings and I can take my money pit with me, or I can pump a lot of it into foundations and charities that need it, like giving The White Feather Foundation a helping hand!" She told him. "Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps I have felt stuck in this big old place? Loyal to my father's side of the family, the Hatchford's when I find out after fifty years that the man I looked up to, the one parent who raised me, stole something of such great importance to a good friend of his and in turn has caused suffering unto me! My own best friend, who has chosen to be loyal to her husband, and remain strong by his side! Something I have yet to have, but I feel a strong possibility of it with you Julian."

He smiled "but not rushing into it Sweetness, I will propose when I am good and ready, I have a feeling you will adore my home over in Italy!"

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 35.7K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...