Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 23

4.9K 259 12
By Puppies59

                                           Sidney

Daniel's wolf was fast but then again so was mine, however he had the advantage of being on his own turf and knowing the land here better than I did. I still kept close on his heels despite that little advantage, my smaller size gave me speed and I was more agile than most wolves, letting me dodge and weave through the forest at surprising speed. Still his longer strides started to give him more and more of a lead so I started coming up with a plan a bit more logical than the full on chase he was giving me.

 I let it seem like I was falling back before I cut to the left out of his sight, keeping pace as I ran as soundlessly as possible. It wasn't long before I saw his pace start to slow as he glanced behind him, I took the opportunity to surge ahead. "Too fast for you huh, wolf girl?!" I heard his taunting link ring through my mind as he looked behind him and kept jogging ahead, bad move on his part. "There is always more than one solution to a problem." I linked back smugly, barely sensing his confusion as I made my move. 

"You should really watch where you're going." I hummed tauntingly as I lept directly into his path, he only had time to yelp at my sudden appearance as his momentum propelled him into colliding with me. I used the collision to roll him onto his back with a soft growl as I pinned him to the ground. "Got you. You might be fast Danny boy, but I'm fast and smart." I linked as I gently cuffed his muzzle with my teeth and he submitted easily to my wolf's great delight.

 I released my hold on his muzzle and brushed my scent across his scruff by rubbing my head against him gently, receiving a low rumble from him. I still had him pinned beneath me but now he had his gaze pinned on me as his eyes grew darker, I resisted the urge to scent the air as my wolf tried to instinctively react to the playful males invitation. I was fairly relieved when I heard the others finally catching up as they entered the small clearing we'd ended up in. I reluctantly allowed Daniel back on his feet as I took a few steps away to eye the others, I had been wondering how long it would take for them to catch up.

                                                  Daniel

I had to admit Sidney was certainly impressive, I'd guess she was the only wolf I knew that could keep up with me in a full on sprint. I certainly hadn't been expecting her to get in front of me like she had, hence the reason for our embarrassing little tumble through the grass. To have her pin me so easily was startling but even more so was my wolf's joy and excitement to obey her after our little chase, he seemed to approve of her even more now then before. I might have expected the asking submission since she was an alpha but what I was NOT expecting was to have her brush her scent against me like a pleased little kitten because I obeyed her.

 I didn't know what to think but my wolf certainly knew what he thought, he liked it, way too much. I was fighting to stay in control of his wanting to mark her back when Bowen and the others ran in, I received more than a few looks as she let me back up. "What happened?" Micah linked out as he stared me down before sending a look to the she wolf. "I won." She linked back proudly as she curled her tail under her and sat down with her head held high. "That's debatable, lucky little b*******." The scoff was linked at me as my brother Jason glared at me as much as he could in wolf form.

 "Hey, it's not like I was asking her to rub all over me!" I defended through the pack link, they chose to ignore me and let it drop. "Hope you didn't run yourself out little wolf, the night's only just beginning." Simon linked as he nudged Sidney gently with his nose, she wasn't even out of breath. "I think you boys still don't understand, I'm far faster and stronger than you realize, I dare you to test my stamina." Her link was delivered with a playful challenge as her eyes sparked with excitement. 

"Little wolf you're going to wish you never even thought of challenging all of us." Beckett chuckled through our minds as she stood and trotted a circle around him. "I was hoping you would say that." Her croon was delivered with a wag of her tail as she turned her attention back to Bowen. "Well I was invited to a run, I hope you won't disappoint me?" Her link was given with her cute little head tilt as she perked her ears up in waiting for his answer, she was certainly a brave and daring female.

                                                Colton

Again the little wolf posed a challenge directly to our alpha but this time it was clear to see she was doing so all in good fun, her playfulness was remarkably contagious. I could see that even our usually stoic leader was perking up to her crazy and fearless ways. I was more than willing to sit back and watch the hilarious new show, She Wolf versus Alpha Bowen Shaw. "We wouldn't dream of it." Bowen rumbled back through the open link and without another word he turned and headed further into the trees. I followed at his side in my position as second in command but surprisingly or maybe unsurprisingly the little she wolf trotted neck and neck with the both of us.

 The act was a show of her strength being similar if not equal to our own which was amusing considering her much smaller stature, but it was also a show of respect that she did not try to steal the lead. When we reached the rocky clearing that began our usual runs we all stopped and slowly little Sid strolled around our group waiting to see what would happen next, watching all of us with her head at its usual curious tilt. "We come here to howl as a pack before we start our runs, the rock helps the sound travel further." I linked to her, those dazzling blue eyes of her wolf focused on me as she nodded her thanks. 

We spaced out in a circle and I watched as the younger female nipped gently at Gavin's flank before taking up a spot between him and Tucker. "Are you sure you're all okay with me being here?" Her link was posed with uncertainty as she took a seat and Tucker whined as he nuzzled her with gentle encouragement. "I invited you Sidney Blake, if it wasn't okay you wouldn't be sitting here with us." Bowen linked her. "What's the matter, do you have some horrible howling disease?" Beck taunted at her from my right and I growled a warning towards him, he was always a trouble maker. 

"Sadly yes it's called CMWS." Her link was entirely serious but from where I was sitting I could see the sparkles in her eyes. "What?" Poor Beck hadn't caught on or hadn't been expecting her answer so he was stumbling for a response. "Or in other terms if you're not careful Casterated Male Wolf Syndrome might just catch around here." Her link was given with the snap of her teeth and I couldn't help but be amused by Beck backpedaling in surprise. The moment the others caught on there was a mixture of worry over losing their family jewels and amusement at Beck being put in his place once more by the she wolf. 

"CG you terrify me." Gav linked with a quick shake of his fur. "Don't worry Streaks I only FIX the males that get too annoying for my liking." Her response had me sending a questioning look across the circle to her but other than the twinkle in her eyes she kept silent. "And Beck I can howl just fine, I'm just not sure how that will go here. After all you are the first pack to share something like this with me, I'm learning things as I go here." Her link was given with a snort but there was a flash in her eyes that hinted of worries that quickly disappeared.

 "Well then please take the honor of first howl tonight, we will join in after." Bowen directed, she seemed to hesitate but after Gavin and Tucker cheered her on a bit she tilted her head back to look up at the moon high in the sky tonight. There was a moment of pure silence as the moonlight shone on her fur and then we watched as her eyes closed and she took a deep breath, letting loose a beautiful yet haunted howl into the night around us.

                                               Simon

I was shocked at the raw emotions ringing out through the younger girls howl, so much pain and lonliness drifted off into the air around us. Even after her howl ended we were all still staring at her in awe of the beautiful and yet sad song her wolf had given us. There was a glance she shared with all of us before Bowen stepped forward and lifted his head in a powerful howl of his own.

We were quick to join our alpha and after a few precious seconds the little she wolf joined in our howl and it was as if a piece had fell right into place. With our howls joined there was a power to the beauty of her howls, it was as if she had always belonged. My wolf felt even more connected to her as our howls trailed off one by one into the night, something told me our pack runs would never be the same after tonight. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 1.1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
84K 241 4
You and your husband decide to invite his friends over for the super bowl, but things take a wildly hot turn towards the end of the night
63.8K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
53M 377K 65
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!