KIMETSU NO YAIBA: The Blossom...

By ereshkighal

Pillars, are the top-ranked and most powerful swordsmen among the Demon Hunters in the Demon Killing Corps wh... More

免責事項 disclaimer
桜島 千尋
序幕 prologue
十一
十二
十三
十四
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十五
三十六
三十七
三十八
三十九

十五

9.4K 329 9
By ereshkighal

15 - on to the sakurajima shrine

It was the usual, calm and serene day at the Butterfly Estate. As if nothing can harm them in any way, the world looked like at peace. The sun's soft ray shines upon them, lighting and warming their day. Protecting them from the man-eating demons.

Except the constant shouts from the kakushis.

"You there! Don't just sit and casually drink tea! Help us!"

Tanjirō, clad in the Estate's white outfit for the patients, almost spit out the tea he currently drinking.

He looked to his back, immediately standing up. "Y- Yes! I'm sorry!" He said loudly, his posture straightened.

As the kakushi gone from his sight, he looked around, trying to find something he can actually help.

From his peripheral visions, he caught something approaching, gaining his attention.

"Tanjirō-san!"

"Aoi-chan? What's wrong?"

The girl, Kanzaki Aoi, wearing her usual attire of black Demon Hunter's uniform and white blouse on top it, stop abruptly in front of him, panting as she finally came to a stop.

Patiently waiting for her to calm down, Tanjirō looked down at the smaller figure, confusion on his features.

"Shinobu-san wants you to meet her immediately."

He slowly opened the slide door, peeking inside, recognizing the people inside.

Zenitsu, hearing Tanjirō's usual kind, gentle voice with his keen hearing, looked at his direction, his face brightened. "Oh! Tanjirō!"

The boy smiled, proceeding to walked inside, joining them. He noticed all of them were on their uniforms already, confusing him.

"Huh? Shinobu-san? Aren't we going to depart tonight?"

The Insect Pillar looked at him. "We finished the preparation faster than expected, so we might as well depart as soon as possible." She explained  a soft smile on her. "You go change as well." She continued, letting Tanjirō to go change.

The said boy brightened up, you could sense the sun on him.

"Yes!" He said eagerly, immediately bowed down, before leaving to change his clothes.

It has been six days since the dreary pillar meetings. Six days since the dead of the beloved Flame Pillar.

Sadness still remains inside them, no doubt about that.

Forcing themselves, they move forward, preparing themselves for the worst.

Midnight, they're supposed to attend the Sanno Festival, one of the three major festival in Japan, being held in one of the largest shrine in Japan, Sakurajima Shrine. It's located west to the imperial capital.

These days, the Butterfly Estate have been so busy transporting the injured to the shrine, today almost finished.

Tanjirō, himself, had gone to the Rengoku household, giving the Flame Pillar's last words to his little brother, Senjurō, and father. He have been exhanging letters with Senjurō on the past days.

Since the declaration from the so called Moon Stone Demon, the activities of the demons has increased greatly. The numbers of the injured had also increased in amounts as the result.

Tanjirō gripped his black uniform, his teeths gritted. The frustration came back to him. I... Have to get stronger!

As he was on his way back to the main hall, where the others has gathered, he looked up to the brught blue, clear sky. His gaze lingering there for awhile, his dark crimson eyes sparkled.

Rengoku-san, Mom, Dad... Please look after me and Nezuko.

Opening the slide door once again, this time the people there has increased. Kakushis and demon hunters chattering with each other.

Tanjirō made his way to Inosuke and Zenitsu with Nezuko's box on his hand, held carefully by the yellow boy.

"Zenitsu! Inosuke!"

"Finally! How long you need to take!?" the boar boy said furiously, smokes fuming out from his mask's nose.

"Haha. I'm sorry. Ah, thank you, Zenitsu, for holding on Nezuko."

"No problem! I'm glad I can held Nezuko-chan~" the lightning breath user said dreamily, cheeks flushed, as he gave back the box to Tanjirō.

Tanjirō looked at him weirdly, sweats and a forced smile on his face as he grabbed the box, putting it on his back. "Hahaha..."

A sound of someone's clapping brought their attention, stopping their bantering. All eyes focused on the source of the sound.

In front of all of them, eight figures, easily recognized, lined up. Even the unexpected Wind Pillar are there.

"Now that everyone have gathered, we will now proceed with our schedule." The Insect Pillar let out her voice, loud enough for everyone to hear. "We will depart, to Sakurajima Shrine!"

The others cheered, bringing their hands to the air. Determined looks on all of their features.

As they made their way out, Tanjirō can't help, but still wonder.

What is this Sanno Festival?

"W- Woah!"

Tanjirō's eyes sparkled, widened, the atmosphere around him certainly screamed 'festival' at him.

Food stalls, game stalls, and many others stalls lined on their way to the main shrine's ground.

The lighting itself brought the night to shame, the colours so bright.

Nezuko's eyes, as sparkling as her big brother, astonished with the festival. This is the first time they ever attend to a festival after all.

"T- This is certainly a major festival, all right. No wonder this festival is called one of the three major festivals of Japan." Zenitsu, while not looked ah astonished as them, still have a surprised look on his face.

"Ta- Tanshoji! What is that! And that!" The boar boy, the most surprised of them all, grabbed Tanjirō's haori, frantically pulling him and directed his hand everywhere. "What is this place!? Don't tell me... This is the monster's kingdom!?"

Zenitsu sweatdropped, looking at his friend weirdly. "You... It's Tanjirō, not Tanshoji. And why are you so surprised like that? It's a festival! Not the monster's kingdom!"

"What do you mean! This light, it must be the source of his power! Let's destroy it!" Inosuke charged one of the stalls, immediatelly pulled back by his friends. "Stop! Stop! Don't bring us trouble!"

As they continue to walk and admire the festivals, as well as dragging Inosuke, they finally arrived at their initial destination, the main shrine of Sakurajima. A big stage can be seen.

"Oh, you guys finally arrived. Where were you just now?" The Love Pillar, as well as the others, already sitting, asked the four of them.

"Just... Preventing Inosuke to go berserk..." Tanjirō said tiredly, searching for any vacant seats, as well as the others.

Noticing two vacant seats beside the Water Pillar, he grabbed Nezuko's hand, approaching him. "Are these seats vacant?"

"Yeah." Giyū gave them a small reply with aside glance, allowing them to sit. Tanjirō brightened up, sitting there immediately.

He observed his superior silently. Noticing something.

"I wonder how Chihiro-san is doing. She has gone here before us, right?"

Gaining his attention, Giyū stared at him for awhile.

"Yeah."

Another small reply, Tanjirō just smiled a little. Typical Giyū-san.

But, he knows that deep inside, Giyū is worried with the Blossom Pillar, despite his calm demeanor.

"Where is she now, anyway? Shouldn't we meet up with her here?"

Giyū, looking at him one last time, brought his attention to the front again. "You will know soon."

"Eh?"

Suddenly, cheers came out from the audiences and the demon hunters, startling the young demon hunter, gaining his attention. Music sounds started to ring as a familiar figure came to the stage, wearing a red and white kimono, a pair of red fans on her hands. Her pale pink hair tied to a bun, red and golden ornaments, along with violet flowers as decorations. Her eyes painted on grey and purple eyeshadows, face applied with makeups.

"Is that..." Tanjirō widened both his eyes and mouth, completely surprised.

Out of nowhere, footsteps came to his ears. Someone came behind him, stopping there.

"Yeah, the Sakurajima heir, their main miko. Sakurajima Chihiro."

Not even bothering to looked back, Tanjirō had his eyes locked on the female at the stage, so are the other audience.

The woman sit seiza style, bowing down until her head touched the ground, before slowly standing up.

The dance has started.

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————

A miko (巫女) is a shrine maiden or a supplementary priestess. Miko were once likely seen as a shaman but are understood in modern Japanese culture to be an institutionalized role in daily shrine life, trained to perform tasks, ranging from sacred cleansing to performing the sacred Kagura dance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 9.8K 24
"𝑵𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆" "𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖" (Y/n) is the last hope in the family to become a demon slayer to save them from the poor house. Un...
25K 546 33
Y/N, a lower level demon slayer is caught in a battle with a lower moon. My team struggled to keep pace and we lost the upper hand quickly. Just as a...
69.5K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | slow...
310K 13.1K 45
Cover made by @Shingiling, thanks so much!!! Even though she'a a pillar, Y/n still grateful for her encounter with Douma where he keeping her alive...