Elastic Heart

By CarlsRightEye21

Jolene Swan was Bella Swan's older sister. She was loud, rambunctious, wild and blunt, the complete opposite... More

-epigraph-
Part One
-chapter one-
-chapter two-
-chapter three-
-chapter four-
-chapter five-
-chapter six-
-chapter seven-
-chapter eight-
-chapter nine-
Part Two
-chapter ten-
-chapter eleven-
-chapter twelve-
-chapter thirteen-
-chapter fourteen-
-chapter fifteen-
-chapter sixteen-
-chapter seventeen-
Part Three
-chapter eighteen-
-chapter nineteen-
-chapter twenty-
-chapter twenty one-
Part Four
-chapter twenty two-
-chapter twenty three-
-chapter twenty four-
-chapter twenty five-
-chapter twenty six-
-chapter twenty seven-
-chapter twenty eight-
Part Five
-chapter twenty nine-
-chapter thirty-
-chapter thirty one-
-chapter thirty two-
-chapter thirty three-
-chapter thirty four-
-chapter thirty five-
Part Six
-chapter thirty six-
-chapter thirty seven-
-chapter thirty eight-
-chapter thirty nine-
-chapter forty-
-chapter forty one-
Part Seven
-chapter forty two-
-chapter forty three-
-chapter forty four-
-chapter forty five-
-chapter forty six-
-chapter forty seven-
-chapter forty eight-
-chapter forty nine-
-chapter fifty-
Part Eight
-chapter fifty one-
-chapter fifty two-
-chapter fifty three-
-chapter fifty four-
-chapter fifty five-
-chapter fifty six-
-chapter fifty seven-
-chapter fifty eight-
Part Nine
-chapter fifty nine-
-chapter sixty-
-chapter sixty one-
-chapter sixty two-
-chapter sixty three-
-chapter sixty four-
-chapter sixty five-
Part Ten
-chapter sixty six-
-chapter sixty seven-
-chapter sixty eight-
-chapter sixty nine-
Nico's Coven Update
-chapter seventy-
-chapter seventy one-
-chapter seventy two-
-chapter seventy four-
Part Eleven
-chapter seventy five-
-chapter seventy six-
-chapter seventy seven-
-chapter seventy eight-
-chapter seventy nine-
-chapter eighty-
-chapter eighty one-
-chapter eighty two-
-chapter eighty three-
-epilogue-
-sequel-

-chapter seventy three-

6.1K 258 102
By CarlsRightEye21

Two days after Benjamin and Tia leave, I finally decide to open the box that Charlie brought me. 

Emmett had placed it in my room so I sit on the floor and peel open the flaps. 

There on top was my clothes that I had left behind. Pulling those out, I come across gifts that I've collected from the Cullen's. Then there is a photo album of Izzy, Jack, and me. 

I reach the bottom and I recognize the brown paper bag. I open it and pull out the contents. 

I stare at the carton of cigarettes before turning and throwing it as hard as I can against the wall, watching the carton explode and cigarettes roll onto the floor. 

Under the bag was a note in Charlie's scrawl. And then there was a single red rectangle. 

It's the lock that Charlie put on my window to keep me in.

I feel trapped and I can't breathe. 

I stand and yank my door open and going downstairs, taking the steps two at a time. I pause at the bottom of the stairs but I then continue onwards and out the back door, ignoring the concerned calls after me. 

I leave my coat and shoes at the front door. It would take too long to put them on.

I can't think of anything but that stupid note. 

'you're being silly Jolene' 

I'm not being silly, why can't Charlie understand that. 

'I'll forgive you if you come home'

Forgive me for what? I didn't do anything!

'We can talk about how to fix your girl situation' 

Did he mean Rosalie? Did he not accept that I was gay? Are both my of my bio parents homophobes? 

I finally stop once my legs ache and the cold air makes my lungs hurt. 

"Jo," 

I whip around to look at the twins who had followed me. It was probably the whole 'protector' thing. 

They move towards me as I tumble towards them, throwing an arm around each of their shoulders and holding them close, letting the familiar cold wash over me. 

"You're shaking," Alec comments, pulling back and grasping my trembling hand. 

"It's just emotions," I gasp out, wiping away tears that slither down my cheeks. 

They lead me to a fallen log and I collapse onto it, not caring about the dirt of water from the recent rain getting on my pants. 

They sit on either side of me. 

"Edward said that you opened the box that the man gave you and to give you space before you ran," Alec starts.  "He's hurt you. You've told us before that you would miss your scars because you hadn't been taught to care. Why do you continue to let him torment you?" 

I let out a sigh and reach up to run my hand through his hair. "This is a different time then you were born. I cannot get away from him so easily. Yes, I am eighteen, almost nineteen. But Charlie, no matter how badly he fucks up, still cares about me in some odd way." 

"He has no right to treat you like that," Jane hisses. 

"You're right," I tell her and she looks a little startled that I agree. "But I still live in the same town as him. I may be a Cullen, I may call Carlisle my father but as far as Charlie is concerned, I am Jolene Swan, his kid." 

"Why don't you cut off contact with him completely?" Alec questioned. 

"Because my sister wanted to come and join me down here sometime within the next few years," I start. "I'd give anything in the world to protect her and if I cut myself completely from Charlie then he may keep her away from me when she finally comes down." 

"That's a silly reason," Jane huffs. 

"It may be but I've practically raised my little sister. I love her so much and it would kill me for Charlie to keep her away from me," I admit. 

"Do you ever want kids?" Alec blurts. 

I raise my eyebrow at the random question. "Sure. I've been known to sporadically adopt. Jack. Angela. Joshua and Isaac. Colton. Why?" 

"You are our protector," Alec starts. "You make us feel safe and you can comfort and calm us down. You protect us and care about us..." 

My heartbeat picks up at the turn of the conversation. 

"We want to know if we can call you our mother," They finally blurt at the same time. 

I was in no way ready for that question. I'm still high on adrenaline from opening the box and I'm stunned into silence. Their gaze is apprehensive as they wait for my answer. 

I don't know what Rosalie would say but I love these two kids that never really got a childhood. I wrap an arm around each of their shoulders and pull them close to me, pressing a kiss to each of their heads. "Yes." 

They turn into me so that they can grip me too and I just hold them. They're mine now. 

I haven't a clue what I'll tell the Volturi when it comes time for Jane and Alec to go back. Perhaps Marcus knew what was coming with the shift in our bond. 

"You are our mother," Alec mumbles before looking at me and testing it. "Right Mamma?" 

My heart lurches and I nod. "Right." I recognize the Italian variation that he uses. 

They sit with me while I calm down. I text Rosalie to tell her that I'm okay and ask her to get rid of the box, the note, and the cigarettes. 

My feet are dirty and I start to get cold. 

The twins then perk up and jump up, lowering into crouches and growling. 

"Alec? Jane?" I stand too. "What's wrong?" 

"There's a vampire near," Alec explains before whirling around to look at me with black eyes. "Hold on." 

Alec collides with me and I'm swept off my feet as Alec starts on back to the house, Jane following behind. 

I see a flash of blond hair and my fingers dig into Alec a little.

Alec barely slows as we enter the yard, Jane opening the door. 

Alec continues into the living room where the others are and sets me onto my feet. "They are near." 

Everyone descends into chaos. Alec is on the phone with Aro and Rosalie wraps her arms around me. 

They start to pile outside to protect the house, Rosalie sticking close to me. 

The twins leave, unsure as their eyes flicker back to me when they leave. 

Rosalie takes me upstairs where everything was put away and the box was out of sight. 

I open the closet to pull out the emergency bag I'd made a while back and I pull out my underwear drawer, pulling out a multitude of lighters and stuffing them into my pockets. 

I also slip in a switchblade I had bought. 

Rosalie and I end up in a large hallway closet where there are no windows and only one exit. 

We sit in silence for an hour before the closet door is flung open to reveal Tucker. 

Rosalie jumps at him but he uses his powers and shoves her to the floor, making sure that she stays there as he advances on me. 

My hand flies to my pocket as Tucker approaches. 

"Stop," Tucker grins as my hand freezes and I can't move it. He swiftly moves to my side and crouches down to look me in the eyes. 

His cold fingers find their way around my wrists as he yanks me to my feet. "Walk." 

I stumble beside him as I plead with my body to just stop giving in to his commands. 

My eyes are on Rosalie's panicked face as a soft whimper comes from her lips. 

We reach the front door and Tucker turns to me before hauling me over his shoulder and out the door. 

We pass by a detached arm and by the crest on it I recognize it to be Emmett's. 

I choke down bile as we pass destroyed trees. 

Tucker finally sets me down and props me against a wall. "Stay." 

I droop against the tree, unable to control my limbs as Tucker darts off. 

It was quiet and I was silent, hoping to hear someone, anyone that was alive. 

Tucker's command couldn't stop the tears that roll down my cheeks. 

Something snaps a branch but I can't move my head to look. 

A mop of dirty blond hair comes into my view and I'm now staring into Seamus's beaming face. 

He crawls closer to me and I just hope that he doesn't drain me. 

He clambers onto my lap and uses my shirt to help him stand on wobbly legs. 

"Ah-ha!" He squeals, placing a chubby hand onto my face. 

Something blue flashes over my vision before I'm looking down at the toddler, able to move again. 

I quickly stand and stare at the baby at my feet, unsure of whether to take him or leave him. 

I finally decide to scoop him up and look around. 

The others had always been very clear that if Nico ever came that I was to run and seek help from another coven. 

The closest coven was probably Denali. 

I hold Seamus in one arm as I pull out my cellphone and start running towards the road. 

I call their house, stemming sobs as I finally see the road and keep running. 

"Hello, Denali residence," Kate speaks. 

"Kate!" I sob in relief. "Help me!" 

"Jolene? What's wrong?" Kate questioned. 

"Nico. I dunno where anyone is," I admit. 

"Where are you?" Kate demands. 

"I'm on the road just outside the house," I answer. 

"Shit. Okay. Hold on," Kate mumbles. 

"I took the baby," I blurt. 

Kate's rambling goes silent. "What?" 

"He was just crawling all alone so I took him," I look down at the ruby red eyes of Seamus. 

"Why on earth did you take it!?" Kate shrieks. "Why didn't you leave him or kill him!" 

"I dunno!" I mirror her shrieking, mixed with anxiety. 

"Find someplace with a lot of people. Blend in," Kate demands. 

"I'm four miles from the nearest town and I'm not wearing shoes and hauling a vampire baby. I can't blend in," I admit. 

"How much cash do you have on you right now?" Kate asks. 

"Two thousand," I answer. 

"Okay. Uhh, hold on. I need to think," Kate grunts. "The others are hunting." 

I get an incoming call from Jasper. "Hold on. Jasper is calling me." 

I answer the call. "Jasper! Are you okay?" 

"You took him," Nico's voice comes over the phone. "And you ran. That wasn't very nice." 

I could hear Mirabelle sobbing and screaming for her baby. 

"What did you do to them?" I demand. 

"We just incapacitated them," Nico hums. "Now. About you--" 

"You come near me and I'll make a baby bonfire," I threaten. "You kill any of them and I'll take the baby straight to the Volturi." 

"Look at you," Nico laughs. "Ms. Big and tough. Alright. How about a game?" 

"A game?" I repeat with a swallow. "What kind of game?" 

"Nuh uh, you have to agree first," Nico tuts. 

"Okay," My voice cracks. 

"You have one week with no contact with any other vampire. We'll know if you do. You have to run and hide. Then we have one week to find you. If we find you, you're mine," Nico explains. 

"And if I win?" I mumble. 

"You get to live and we'll leave your little veggie vamps alone," Nico was quiet as someone mumbles something. "We also get the baby back." 

"I have to hide for two weeks?" I repeat. 

"Ding-ding! Correct!" Nico laughs. "Well?" 

It was a dangerous game that I was most likely not going to win. 

I hope that the Denali would go to the Cullen's house first and put them back together. 

I just adopted two kids today. I needed them and they needed me. Rosalie needed me. I swallow and take a deep breath before I answer. 

"Okay." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 3.8K 26
Belle Swan is the cousin of the infamous Isabella Swan. But this is no ordinary story where they love each other and get along. Belle moved in with h...
62.2K 1.2K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
1.3M 23.9K 47
Britt Swan is Bella's adopted sister. She's been living in Forks for 4 years with Charlie but after Bella comes into town, she brings not only hersel...
57.5K 1.1K 14
Amy Swan, older sister by one year of Bella Swan. Half sister, but guess who her mother is? She was a powerful witch and a Bennett witch who was the...