๐ฟ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐ด๐‘ก ๐น๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘†๐‘’...

ื ื›ืชื‘ ืขืœ ื™ื“ื™ pound-s

๐—›๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต ๐—ฆ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—”๐—จ! ๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™—๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™‹๐™ก๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ง! ๐˜Œ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜’๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜… ๐˜ฝ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™‚๐™š๐™š๐™ ! ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๏ฟฝ... ืขื•ื“

A/N: New Book โ™ฅ๏ธ
i - Big News
iii - Friends, Foes, & Competition
iv - Cheeky Bastard
v - Dรฎner de Rouge
vi - Saturday Shock
vii - A Favor
viii - Wake Up Call
ix - 20 Questions?
x - Girlfriend?
xi - Dodging Feelings
xii - Just Friends, Got It?
xiii - Soft Thoughts & Hard Shots
xiv - Girl Talk
xv - Homecoming Queen?
xvi - Confronting the Ambiguity
A/N: I'M SO SORRY
xvii - Caught You
xviii - Then They're Sweet
xix - Homecoming Queen.

ii - Auditions?

3.1K 102 74
ื ื›ืชื‘ ืขืœ ื™ื“ื™ pound-s

So Hi, I'm (Y/N).

(Y/N) (Y/LN). I'm 17, I have (H/L) (H/C) hair, & I play tenor saxophone. I'm a self proclaimed band geek & I'm starting at a new school this August.

I'm actually on my way to register for classes right now. Currently it was June 25th. We moved into our new house less than a week ago, so naturally the next thing to do was to register me at the new school. My mom pulled into the parking lot as I took in the campus. It was huge! Their funding was probably through the roof..

"Grand Line High School, home of the pirates." My mom stated matter-of-factly, turning off the car. The school was tall & concrete, overflowing with red, white, & black tiling & architectural detailing. I marveled at the size of the buildings as we made our way up to the front doors. We made our way through the lobby into the main office, looking for someone to talk to.

"Hello, I'm Ms. Makino, how can I help you today?" A slender woman with dark green hair walked over to where we were standing.

I stuck my hand out to shake hers, "(Y/N) (Y/LN)." She smiled & shook my hand. My mom did the same, explaining what we needed.

"Oh a new student! How exciting, please, come with me." She smiled politely & led us into a hallway connected to the main office. It was a relatively short hallway, lined with windows on the left & doors on the right. The plaques next to the doors labeled each room, Guidance office, Attendance office, Director of Athletics, & at the very end of the hall was the Principal's office.

Ms. Makino knocked on the principal's door, opening it slightly. "Mr. LeRoux, there's a student here who needs to be registered." He must have responded as Ms. Makino opened the door fully, allowing us to enter.

We were greeted by a tall man standing behind a dark mahogany desk. He was wearing a white button-up shirt that was half tucked into his black slacks & a red tie. His hair was slicked back slightly, letting a few of his wavy locks fall at the side of his face. His tie actually matched his hair perfectly. But his most prominent feature was the claw-like scar over his left eye. I wonder what the story was..

"Hello, welcome to GLHS, home of the pirates. I'm the principal, Mr. LeRoux!" He smiled and shook our hands. "Have a seat & we can get started." We all sat in unison. He typed on his computer for a second and then turned to me.

"Okay let's start out with something easy, what's your name?" He leaned back in his office chair.

"(Y/N) (Y/LN)."

He inquired about legal things for most of our meeting like my age, grade level, birthday, medical concerns, classes I've taken before, etc. He seemed really laid-back for a principal, maybe I don't have to be so scared about this new school thing.

"Okay last thing, I promise." He chuckled as he continued, "Classes. There's a required math, science, history, english, p.e. & fine arts class per year, but that leaves 2 open slots for whatever else you want."

"Just sign me up for whatever band classes you have." I almost interrupted the ending of his sentence with how fast I replied.

"Oh so you play? What instrument?" He seemed genuinely interested in this fact.

"Tenor sax, sir." i replied simply as he jotted some stuff down on my schedule.

"Well if you're interested in band I suggest going to see Mr. Igaram or Mr. Brook, our band directors." He handed the schedule to me and stood up. Me & my mother took this as a message to stand up as well.

"I'd love too, could you tell me where to find them?" I tried to contain my excitement. Mr. LeRoux wrote down some directions on a sticky note & set me off.

"Thank you, it was nice meeting you Mr. LeRoux." I waved to him as I made my exit, schedule & sticky note in hand.

"Likewise (Y/N), I look forward to seeing you around this school year." He waved in response, returning to his business when we left. My mom opted out of walking around the school awkwardly looking for the band hall & went to wait for me in the car. Leaving me all alone in these seemingly endless halls.

Fortunately, Mr. LeRoux's directions were clear enough to follow & I found the band hall relatively quickly. As I turned the corner to the doors I heard faint music coming from within. I peaked inside through the thin windows on the doors & saw an impossibly tall man playing violin in the front of the room. Not only was he the tall, but he was very thin as well, looking almost skeleton like. He had a large, dark afro & he wore a suit & top hat over his tanned skin. His prominent facial features were his goatee & an omega shaped birthmark on his forehead. His music was beautiful. I could feel his soul through his notes. I listened to him until the end of the song, not wanting to interrupt. As he brought the violin down, I pushed open the door.

"Hello. Mr. Brook, right?" I awkwardly croaked. He looked over at me and stood up, taking a few steps closer. "Yes, and who might you be miss?" He had a very polite manner about him.

"I'm (Y/N) (Y/LN), I came to ask about the marching band. Mr.LeRo— Ma! Ma!~ Ma~" What i can only describe as an opera singer's warmup interrupted me. "Marching band huh? What would you like to know?" Another tall man walked out of room connected to the band hall. He was dressed very colonial, powdered wig, the whole getup.

"Mr. Igaram, meet Miss (Y/N). I believe she's new." Mr. Brook explained, turning to the man. I nodded, extending my hand towards him. He shook my hand firmly, doing his opera warm ups again.

"I just wanted to know about your program, rules, requirements, or anything you want me to know." I felt at ease in their presence somehow. Even though I had just met them and even though they towered over me.

"For starters what instrument do you play?" More questions. I mentally sighed at having to answer anymore questions today.

"I play tenor sax sir, have most of my life." I remained cheery though, as band was my biggest passion. Mr. Igaram clapped, "Ma~ Ma~ Excellent choice! I play alto myself."

I beamed, "Oh wow! So what do I need to do to join the marching pirates?" I pressed for the answers I really wanted.

"Come by the school July 5th around 9:30am for auditions. Highest marks get to be captains." Mr. Igaram noted with a 'Ma~'. He handed me a couple sheets of music & a paper with dates. "There will be a solo audition, a sight reading portion, & some scale performance." Mr. Brook explained the music I was given.

"10 days huh?" I scratched the nape of my neck & analyzed at the music. It looked to be grade 3, maybe 4. Semi-common time signature, common key, rhythms aren't too difficult, nothing too high, lowest is a b..

"If you don't think you can do it by then you can try again next year ma~.." Mr. Igaram took on a sympathetic tone. I must have been staring for a while. He reached for the music subtly, to which I pulled back.

I chuckled, "Now I didn't say I was giving up." I tucked the sheet music with my other papers, "Mark my words, I'll be your next wind captain."

The 2 directors shared a look & the corners of their mouths turned up. "We look forward to hearing your audition Miss (Y/N)." Mr. Brook patted my shoulder.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, ruining the great teacher-student moment I was having.

=====𝚝𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚢 🥰=====

Mommy 🥰:
hurry up babe, I have to run some errands

Me:
okay okay, im on my way out •3•

=====𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍=====

"I have to go, my mother needs me." I headed for the door & turned to say, "It was nice meeting you, be ready for me on the 5th." & with that I left.

I all but skipped to the car I was so happy. I was so excited to show this school what they've been missing.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I know you haven't met Kid yet, but I want to build the world a little, build up your character and all

give me some feedback, I'd love to hear it

Until next chapter ♥️

ื”ืžืฉืš ืงืจื™ืื”

You'll Also Like

1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
158K 5.6K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
169K 17.7K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
465K 31.5K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...