Perfect Beginning (The Preque...

Autorstwa Taedreamer02

The Perfect series of books has followed lovers through early dates, late nights, heartbreak and Paradise. B... Więcej

introduction
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
p
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38

chapter 14

635 54 53
Autorstwa Taedreamer02

The next morning you were deep into the project when you noticed a commotion outside your office.

A local caterer had entered the office with a cart loaded with baked goods, snacks, coffee mixes, and quick instant foods that could be eaten at your desk. 

Everyone was following the cart into the break room and scrambling to grab a quick bite. 

You called you assistant over and asked what was going on.

“No idea," he responded. “The caterer just said a business called and asked for a standing order of food and snacks for the whole office.  He is to deliver weekly until he is told otherwise.”

You frowned slightly at that information.  You waited until the caterer returned to the common area and stopped him.

“I know what you are going to ask Miss, but I cannot tell you more than I have already told your boss.  Please enjoy.  There is a list I will be taking weekly to see if there is anything else you would like." with that he bowed and left.

Your boss came out of her office.  She simply shrugged and handed you a white card.

“It will be good for morale. And good to keep us healthy.  I am grateful.” With that she headed to the break room to hurry the stragglers back to work.

You turned the simple card over in your hand where #fighting appeared in  bold handwriting.  There was nothing else on the card.

You shook your head and returned to work, slipping the card into your desk drawer.

You worked without stopping until 3 o'clock when a grumbling stomach and a headache lured you to the breakroom.  The food really was a generous and thoughtful gesture.

On a hunch you pulled out your phone and texted Jin.

You were already on your way back to your office before you got an alert.

You stopped and stared at the screen. 

What did that mean?  You were almost sure he was behind the delivery.  You were smiling, thinking of a way to get it out of him when you sat back down at your desk to work.

Jin put his phone down and returned to practice.  There was no way you were getting that information out of him. 

Well, he paused, there were a couple of delicious ways you could coax it out of him. 

His mind was busy imagining your reaction to the food delivery.  He was saved from imagining further than that by a sharp reprimand from his leader. 

Work now, dream later.

Two days later your team had finally worked the crisis into a manageable direction.  For the first time since the District meeting you had a minute to catch your breath.

You stood at the window looking around the skyscrapers into the late afternoon sky. 

A cold diet Coke and some chocolate from the break room made you content.

Since the caterer had filled the break room with goodies you had been thinking of Jin. 

Every time you went into the room, every time you saw a coworker enjoying a break, you thought of Jin. 

You knew he had done this and you were so grateful for his kindness.

However, you were still troubled by Jin's actions at the club.  You wondered how the man who showed such kindness was the same man who hurt you so badly just a short time ago.

As you stood thinking about that question your assistant pounced into the room. 

“You have another delivery” he practically sang.

You felt yourself flush.  You would be so very disappointed if Jin thought sending you flowers or candy was going to make everything right.  You found yourself growing angry at the thought.

Sighing, you waited for him to continue. 

He huffed when you did not react or try to guess what it was.

“You are no fun" he grumbled as he went out to his desk.

He returned immediately.  Instead of some huge, overcompensating bouquet of flowers he held a small package in his hand.  You were intrigued.

He handed you the package and leaned with you on the desk.

“What is it?” he breathed.

Catching your look, he huffed again and returned to his desk muttering “no fun".

You went to sit behind your desk and examined the package in your hands.  It was small and wrapped in brown paper and tied with twine.  It was beautiful in it's simplicity.

You carefully untied the twine and discarded the paper.  Inside was an envelope and a beautiful journal bound in soft leather and fastened with a key which fit in a loop on the front.

You carefully opened the envelope and withdrew a beautifully handwritten letter.  You held your breath as you opened the heavy paper.

Dear Heart"  you read the beginning and frowned. 

What was this?  You began again.

Dear Heart;

Please don’t think I am strange and stop reading.  I started this letter about ten times before I settled on this. 

I wanted to be more intimate than your formal name but knew I had not nearly earned the other things I hoped to call you. 

However, when I came to this I thought it was appropriate because I want to say these things directly to your heart in hopes you will forgive me and see the real me.

I had a feeling that flowers or candy would only make you mad.

I was afraid you would find them cheap tokens without any real effort to address the problem between us. 

Plus I am afraid there is not a big enough bouquet of flowers to fix the mess I made.

I know I can only make this right by showing you I am genuine in my interest in you and that my intentions are only respectful.

I think the only way to do that is by speaking to your heart and showing you mine. 

That's the purpose of the journal.  I have it's mate.  I know things will be crazy for both of us right now.  But I plan to write to you about myself and ask you things about your life.  I really hope you do the same. 

We could each write in our journals to  share our days or write down our struggles and questions and fears with hope that soon we can share these thoughts with each other.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I want to get to know you.  I want to know how to make you laugh, what makes you cry.

Those are the things that drew me into the flower shop after you. 

I want more of that.  I want to know you.

Again…..please don't think I am weird…please!!!  I will be waiting until you feel the time is right for us to talk.  In the meantime, let me learn about you.

Very truly yours,

                       Kim SeokJin”

Underneath his name he had boldly written “Jin". 

He absolutely took your breath away.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

31.2K 2K 28
One year. 365 days. 365 days since your perfect boyfriend invited you to a perfect restaurant and with exquisite tenderness broke your heart and en...
30.2K 2.1K 16
Ever since the day he walked through the front door of your cafe hand in hand with his sweet daughter on one gloomy afternoon in the middle of winter...
18.6K 1.4K 103
BOOK 1 is higly recommended to be read first before proceeding to this sequel. The Sequel to 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. Her touch burned-the good kind and he allowed...
253K 8.5K 34
"Listen. I don't know what kind of man you think I am, but I'm not gonna throw you on the bed and have my way with you just because you're standing n...