Elastic Heart

By CarlsRightEye21

Jolene Swan was Bella Swan's older sister. She was loud, rambunctious, wild and blunt, the complete opposite... More

-epigraph-
Part One
-chapter one-
-chapter two-
-chapter three-
-chapter four-
-chapter five-
-chapter six-
-chapter seven-
-chapter eight-
-chapter nine-
Part Two
-chapter ten-
-chapter eleven-
-chapter twelve-
-chapter thirteen-
-chapter fourteen-
-chapter fifteen-
-chapter sixteen-
-chapter seventeen-
Part Three
-chapter eighteen-
-chapter nineteen-
-chapter twenty-
-chapter twenty one-
Part Four
-chapter twenty two-
-chapter twenty three-
-chapter twenty four-
-chapter twenty five-
-chapter twenty six-
-chapter twenty seven-
-chapter twenty eight-
Part Five
-chapter twenty nine-
-chapter thirty-
-chapter thirty one-
-chapter thirty two-
-chapter thirty three-
-chapter thirty four-
-chapter thirty five-
Part Six
-chapter thirty six-
-chapter thirty seven-
-chapter thirty eight-
-chapter thirty nine-
-chapter forty-
-chapter forty one-
Part Seven
-chapter forty two-
-chapter forty three-
-chapter forty four-
-chapter forty five-
-chapter forty six-
-chapter forty seven-
-chapter forty eight-
-chapter forty nine-
-chapter fifty-
Part Eight
-chapter fifty one-
-chapter fifty two-
-chapter fifty three-
-chapter fifty four-
-chapter fifty five-
-chapter fifty six-
-chapter fifty seven-
-chapter fifty eight-
Part Nine
-chapter fifty nine-
-chapter sixty-
-chapter sixty one-
-chapter sixty two-
-chapter sixty three-
-chapter sixty four-
-chapter sixty five-
Part Ten
-chapter sixty six-
-chapter sixty seven-
-chapter sixty nine-
Nico's Coven Update
-chapter seventy-
-chapter seventy one-
-chapter seventy two-
-chapter seventy three-
-chapter seventy four-
Part Eleven
-chapter seventy five-
-chapter seventy six-
-chapter seventy seven-
-chapter seventy eight-
-chapter seventy nine-
-chapter eighty-
-chapter eighty one-
-chapter eighty two-
-chapter eighty three-
-epilogue-
-sequel-

-chapter sixty eight-

6.4K 271 26
By CarlsRightEye21

Rosalie and I like to cuddle with minimal clothing at night. I often just sleep in my boxers and a tank top while Rosalie just strips to her panties and a t-shirt. It was comfortable and everybody knew not to enter without knocking because if they saw me half naked then they would be privy to an enraged Rosalie. 

I wake up from nightmares sometimes and just lay with Rosalie, staring at the ceiling as we tangle our limbs together. 

One early morning at around four, our bedroom door opens. 

Rosalie bounces up and hisses at whoever dares to disturb us. 

I sit up too and I can see Jane in the doorway, looking very distressed. 

I push the sheets back and slip out of bed, my feet uncomfortably cold on the hardwood floor as I make my way to Jane. 

Jane moves forward and tumbles into my arms, her hands gripping fistfuls of my tank top. 

Rosalie hasn't quite calmed down but has stopped hissing. 

I have no context to whatever has made Jane so upset. Alec isn't anywhere in sight. 

"Shh," I cradle her close to me and run my fingers through her hair. "I've got you. It's okay."

Jane's face is pressed into my shoulder and I know that she's smelling my scent. 

Rosalie gets dressed and quietly mumbles to the others in the house, probably trying to figure out what happened. 

I haven't a clue why she came to me instead of her brother. 

I keep murmuring reassurances as I spot Edward stick his head out from his room across the hall. 

His eyes catch mine and he gives me a nod. 

I tug Jane further into the room so that I can close the door and give her privacy. 

"Grab my sweater," I tell Rosalie, deciding to move Jane to the bed. 

Rosalie moves to our closet and rifles through it to pick out a sweater while I carry a clingy and distressed Jane to the bed. 

I manage to maneuver both of us onto the bed and pull her into my lap so that I'm holding her close again.

Rosalie sits next to us with the sweater. She moves in front of Jane and starts to pull the sweater over her head and helps me move her arms through the correct holes. 

I appreciate Rosalie helping me with Jane despite her strong dislike for the Volturi and the twins in general. 

Rosalie apparently had no information from the others. They had no clue why Jane was in so much distress. 

I just hold her and hum her song. She'd tell me when she was ready. 

The clock slowly ticks by and we eventually shift to lie back down. Jane was practically lying on top of me. She hadn't even let go. 

"What's on your mind?" I eventually ask her. 

Rosalie shifts towards us a little. 

"It was just like long ago," Jane starts slowly. "I thought I was back there. With him." 

I have only an inkling as to who she is referring to. Her father. 

"He used to say that all the time. It's how I knew he was going to beat us," Jane continues. 

"You had a flashback," I gently stroke my fingers down her back. "What caused it?" 

"That Egyptian," Jane hisses. 

"Benjamin?" I inquired, wondering what on earth he could have said to set her off. I feel her nod into my shoulder. 

 "What did he say?" I tentatively questioned. 

Jane lets out a small shuddering breath. "I'll show you what I can do.

I wrap my arms around her and press a kiss to her forehead. I knew how much flashbacks unsettled me. 

"Where's your brother? Did Alec hear any of this?" I ask her. 

Jane shrugs. "He wasn't near. I believe he was conversing with Emmett about his gaming system." 

I was glad that I wouldn't have to hunt him down too to see if he had suffered a flashback also. 

Rosalie rolls closer to us and Jane tenses up as she feels Rosalie on the other side of her. 

"You interrupted our cuddle time, get over it," Rosalie informs her bluntly, throwing an arm over Jane and onto me. 

Jane presses herself closer to me, trying to wiggle an inch of room between her and Rosalie. 

"Rosalie's not gonna hurt you," I promise. "It's okay." 

I start to fall back asleep and I feel Rosalie pull the sheets back over us. Jane's curled into my side, a little less tense. 

-elastic heart-

Jane is disturbed from relaxing by something wet on her shoulder. 

She opens her eyes and turns to look at Jolene and immediately sits up. "Jolene?" 

Rosalie too sits up and sees what Jane was concerned about. 

Jolene was pale and there was blood trickling from her nose. 

"Carlisle!" Rosalie shouts, crawling over Jane to reach her mate. 

Carlisle rushes in at the tone of her voice along with the others. 

Jane and Alec start hissing at Carlisle as he gets near Jolene. 

Rosalie is the one that grabs Jolene's blue blanket from the bed and bundles the thrashing agitated teenagers under it. 

She holds them tightly to her to let Carlisle look after Jolene. 

Benjamin watches with wide eyes in the doorway, Tia wrapped up in his arms. 

Carlisle turns Jolene onto her side as she starts making a grunting noise and gasping for air. 

It scares Rosalie but she knows that the only thing she can do is keep the twins away from Carlisle. 

"I can't read her mind," Edward mumbles and it strikes Rosalie that this situation is familiar. 

"I think it's Nico," She blurts before she can stop herself. 

"I can't get her stable," Carlisle finally announces. "We have to move her." 

The twins start to wiggle in her grip again as Carlisle scoops Jolene into his arms. Blood drips down her face and stains the white tank top and Carlisle's coat. 

Rosalie turns to the twins in her arms. "Look at me," She commands. Their black eyes flicker up to look at her. They look panicked and scared and much younger than they usually acted. 

Rosalie melts just a little. 

"You can come with us to the hospital but I need to know that you'll stay in control because if you can't then we'll have to leave you here," She informs them bluntly, aching to get to her mate's side. 

They nod and follow closely after her out to her car. 

They have to wait in the ER waiting room. Jane sits on one side of her and Alec on the other. Jane is still wearing Jolene's sweater and has pulled the collar up to just under her nose.

The others take seats spread out. Benjamin and Tia didn't come. They went out to hunt instead. 

Rosalie has to throw an arm over Alec's shoulder to keep him in his seat so that he wouldn't spaz and attack the first person to walk through the ER doors bleeding. 

Jolene is her mate and the twins 'protector'. She is loved by all vampires in the waiting room. 

Carlisle comes back after two hours. He said that Jolene experienced what appears to a seizure with abnormal electrical activity in the brain. That caused the nose to bleed. They've put her on oxygen for the moment while they run more tests. 

Carlisle has no doubt that it was a mental attack from Nico. 

Only four can go back and be with her in the small room. Jasper, Rosalie, and the twins go. 

And in all of the haste and chaos, nobody remembered that Jolene's emergency contact was Charlie. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.2K 23
Piper Swan is the older sister of Isabella Swan. Piper is quite outgoing and funny when she wants to be. She's overprotective of her little sister, e...
200K 3.8K 26
Belle Swan is the cousin of the infamous Isabella Swan. But this is no ordinary story where they love each other and get along. Belle moved in with h...
139K 3.8K 61
Janetta Swan is Bella's older sister. She has lived in Forks all her life. Janetta has a secret: she is a supernatural being. She has been able to ge...
621K 12.7K 31
Elena Swan is the younger fraternal twin sister of Bella Swan. Elena has always been close with her father Charlie so when Bella suggested they stay...