Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 44

87.6K 3.6K 1.2K
By SJSebastian

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead.

💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞💕💞

Prince Alexander Fay's POV

My father tore the back of my sisters dress apart, allowing her wings to freely unfold themselves.

I watched in horror as the skin on her back broke. Thank heavens she was already passed out on the ground. I can't imagine the pain. Very slowly, her greenish blue veins and nerves were showing on her back. They were spread out like branches but connected near the broken skin of hers, where the tips of her wings emerged . They were crystal like but they were tainted with blood so it wasn't a pretty sight.

The deafening crack of her bones filled our ears. Her body was somehow reshaping itself, making way and adjusting to her new features. Her skin broke further down, along her back.

"Will it hurt when she wakes up?"

"Not like this Alex. She will feel uncomfortable but it won't be so bad once they grow out." My mother explained. It pained her to see our Eve like this but this was bound to happen.

During our short conversation more of her wings were already showing and they continued to grow out progressively. It was almost like seeing a sapling sprouting out. They blossomed beautifully. About half an hour passed and we were able to see most of her new body part. They were huge and they spread out three meters on either side.

Once the process was done the cut skin on her back healed itself up. There was no trace of any damage caused by the wings that fought themselves out. My father immediately scooped her up in his arms and we all walked back to the castle.

"I'll clean her up." My mother informed.

"Her wings are beautiful love," my father smiled at his wife. "They sure are. They are big and I have no doubt that they're stronger than mine."

My parents were right. Eve's wings were beautiful, something I've never seen before. Most of it was crystal like but the center part of the wings were a soft golden glow that made them look magical. The top of each wing had a curvy claw structure. No doubt they were its defense mechanism. They would look truly immaculate when she's all cleaned up.

~~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. Maybe Alex decided to hit me with a hammer while I slept? Why does my head hurt so badly?

"A...Alex?!" I groaned as I tried to get up. Every part of me felt like they weighed a ton.

"She's awake!! Wait I'm coming!" he informed the entire Kingdom.

He rushed to my side seemingly worried. Why was he worried? What happened?

"Did you hit my head with a hammer?"

"That would have been so much fun Evie." He chuckled and helped me sit up.

"What happened?"

"You'll see."

I felt so uneasy as I forced myself to sit up. I was laying on my stomach the whole time.

"Eeerggmmm! Could you please ask for some m..medicine Alex?" I held my head in my hands.

"I know it hurts but it won't last very long. Drink some water and you'll be fine."

Alex brought me a glass of water and as he handed it to me he tripped. On what? I don't know.

I saw the glass tilt and tip over his hand but not one drop of water landed on me. Before I could even blink or comprehend the situation, something moved in front of me and shielded me from the transparent liquid. What I saw next was like a big splash hitting down on the windshield.

I covered my mouth with my hands and looked at Alex wide eyed. What in the world??

"Wow." was all he said looking at my sides. I turned my head to my right ever so slowly, shaken up by what had just happened.

Then I saw them. Massive glass like things that were connected to.. my...my....back??!

All that shock made me jump out of my bed. I turned around like a dog trying to catch it's tail. I wanted to scream but my voice got stuck in my throat. Alex just watched me blankly the entire time, not knowing what his next move should be.

"Oh my goodness!! Wha...how...what are...when??!!" I was out of breath and I was panicking.

"Whoaaaa breathe. Mother!!!" he screeched. Just then my parents rushed into my chambers. My mother gave me a hug and helped me calm down.

"Nothing to be worried about, princess. They are your wings, an extremely significant part of you," my father explained.

"Oh my gosh!" I placed my hands on my cheeks. "How is this happening?! Things like this j...just happen?! I have wings?!" I shot the questions.

"Yes, sweetheart. Just like me. You remember the sudden pain on your back yesterday? Now you know the cause." Mama finished.

"Oh my goodness! I h..have, I have wings. They just grew out!! Oh gosh!" I frantically walked around my room with my so called wings dragging behind me. My reaction was making everyone nervous but who wouldn't react this way?!!

"What happens now?" I asked hesitantly while feeling my right wing for the first time. They were soft yet strong, resilient.

"Training continues. We must find out the extent of your powers. You just grow stronger and stronger everyday my child. I bet there's a lot more in you," my mother said eyeing my wings in awe. "But first, get some rest."

"H..how do I-"

"It's like any other body part, Aeval. They work as a second pair of hands, only difference is they have quicker impulse, high reflexes and they can also take you up to the sky." I gasped at my father's explanation.

I can...I can fly.

At that moment I willed them to stretch out. The results were immediate of course. Unfortunately, I underestimated their length and force so as they stretched out my right wing knocked down the small table beside my bed, shattering the beautiful glass vase that was on it.

"Sorry." I flinched.

"Just....rest. no more experiments for today," my father sighed. Alex snorted. "As if she's gonna listen."

"Wait! How do you fold your wings mama? When you wear your dress, it's like you don't have wings at all. How is that?" I suddenly remembered.

Moreover, did Queen Charlotte also have wings? If she did, how does she hide them?

I don't want to wear dresses or blouses that only come with a halter neckline.

"You can always hide them sweetheart. Just let your mind know that you're not in need of them and they will stick to your body like a second layer of skin. Your wings will look like tattoos plastered across your skin when not in use. That will take practice but you'll get it."

"Wow," honestly I was very excited. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Walking towards my bed, I squealed.

"Rest Eve!"

A week later.

"Come on, you can do this." I motivated myself. Stretching my hands out to my precious creature, I closed my eyes and shared my energy with it. My palms began to glow and so did the broken part of the tree bark. This particular tree was almost eight hundred years old.

Last afternoon some of the soldiers in training almost chopped this poor thing down with their swords and weapons they used to fight each other with. That made me wonder how these two soldiers actually trained.

Putting that thought aside I continued the task.

Come on. Mend yourself.

Conjuring up more energy within myself, I spread it towards my poor tree. Sharing a part of my gifts to strengthen and save its life. Every tree has a spirit. They are all alive and they can feel. Hence, my beloved creatures must be protected and taken care of.

It took me about ten minutes before I was completely done. Now my tree looks healthy and most importantly not dead. Its leaves were looking much greener than before. I slowly landed on my feet on the ground. My wings folded themselves by my side.

"Damn."

I yelped and placed a hand on my chest. "Alex!! Don't sneak up on me!"

"I didn't. I was just passing through and I'm glad I did. You're amazing you know that?"

"Many fae creatures can do this," I blushed at my brothers compliment.

"Nope. Not like this. They can only heal up to three at a time but we all know you can do much, much more. You're the most powerful of us all. Evie did you know that you were glowing?!! You're eyes were fiery orbs just now!"

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Did I look scary?" I didn't want to be scary.

"Highly intimidating. I was freaked out," he said seriously. I looked blankly at him and then he laughed.

"How is me being scary amusing to you? I don't want to be like that."

"Hey! It's freaking cool okay. Now you can chase away all those vampires," he thought for a moment "and all the werewolves and the elves, the witches..."

"Enough Alex. I don't want to chase everyone away and I hope I won't permanently become.....intimidating," he snorted and laughed again.

"Eve that's just the way you look when you use your gifts and let me tell you, you look like a badass fae fighter and that's awesome. I am so proud of you. I really am. You came out of all your trauma and you came out stronger than ever. You can fight and save lives with your wonderful gifts. Seeing you up there just now, that is the being you were always meant to be. Vibrant, untouchable and badass."

I smiled up at my brother and crushed him in a hug. We didn't let go for some time. "Maybe I will scare away some vampires." I whispered.

"I'll help."

"Come on, let's head back before father sends a dozen guards to look for you."

~~~~~~~~

Three more months later

Third Person's POV

"We sneak in okay."

"What do your mean?! He'll know. That's a stupid plan."

"He won't."

"We always get caught you idiot. Think of something else."

"Like what?! We have to go with your brother."

"Do you even know why they're going there human? To fight a war! You wanna be a part of it?"

"Well, I just want to see them and whatever happens, happens. So what? Maybe I can help."

"You're a lunatic. A mad human."

"Hey I know you want to go too so stop blabbering and tell me what time he plans to leave tomorrow!"

"At dawn, alright."

"Pack your things."

"We are both going to die."

"He won't kill you, you dumb brat. He might punish you but he'll save the killing for me so let me worry about punishments. Now answer this," Prince Timothy rolled his eyes at his personal servant. His brother was going to chop both their heads off. The Dark Prince had given him strict orders saying that he and his servant were not allowed to follow. He even told the King and Queen to keep an eye on them.

Fortunately for the young prince, his father had made the decision to join the Dark Prince to fight in the war against the trolls. So now, he only needed to sneak away from his mother.

Which was close to impossible.

She had decided to stay because she didn't want to leave the castle unguarded.

The young prince smacked his forehead.

"So we can't hide in the booth of your brother's car. We can't go with the soldier because of you-"

"Hey! Why because of me?!!"

"You're short genius. You'll drag attention and probably force your brother to look at you." Kyle said grumpily then his eyes widened.

"I know! You sneak into someone's booth while I disguise myself as a soldier!"

"Hell no." Prince Timothy said flatly.

"Why not?!"

"If we get caught, we get caught together. No way we're separating." Kyle looked at him in disbelief. He couldn't believe this kid.

"What the fuck?! You do know I'm the one who can get killed right?"

"You're wrong stupid human!! You're the brother of the girl my brother has fallen in love with. You think he's gonna kill you? She'll never forgive him if he hurts you so there. We stick together and who cares if we get caught. The only thing we have to make sure of is that we don't get caught too fast. If we get caught too fast, they can turn back and drop us here again."

"Okay so where do we hide?"

"In the booth of my brothers car."

"WHATT??!! That was my first idea. You said it was a bad idea!"

"Hey we both agreed that was a bad idea. I thought of something. My brother is taking India-"

"When was that decided?"

"Last night. She's a witch. She can help in the war. So listen, we'll ask her to mask our scent when we hide."

"Oh alright."

Prince Timothy nodded proudly.

"Go to sleep already," Kyle grumbled while he made the bed for Prince Timothy.

"Don't sulk just because my idea is better than yours."

"It was my idea first Tim," Kyle emphasized each word and held his head high as he walked out of the room.

The young prince laughed at his silly servant who he rather have as a best friend.

~~~~~~~

Kyle woke up about an hour before dawn. He slowly planted his feet on the ground. Just as he was about to take his first step, he fell face first on the floor. He turned and saw that his foot got tangled with the blanket.

He forced himself up and quickly tiptoed to the door. He pulled it open and heard someone clear their throat.

"Going somewhere Kylie Pie?"

"You're dreeeaaaaaming. Gooooo toooooo sleeeeepp." Tonya stared with an emotionless expression.

"You're still dreeeeeeaaaming-"

"Does he get dumber everyday?"

"Go back to sleep Bessie."

"You can get into so much trouble Kyle and my name is Bethany!"

"Can't back down now."

"I know you won't listen. There's nothing we can say or do to stop you," Tonya rubbed her forehead. "Just be careful Kyle. It's going to be dangerous. You're risking a lot."

"I'll take care of myself, don't worry ladies. I promise not get into too much trouble."

"Tell Alex and Eve we miss them terribly."

"Will do and Bessie, you can continue dreaming about your Prince Charming. I know you've received more than one letter from him. I'll let him know that you're dying to meet him." With that he left the girls.

Prince Timothy and Kyle met up with India near the trucks. It was crowded and everyone was too busy to notice Prince Timothy. They were making preparations to leave.

"You want me to do what?!!" India whisper-yelled.

"What? It's not that hard for you. You've been training for months!"

"Eerrggh! I can't do this Kyle. He gave orders for both of you to stay! If I do this I'll be disobeying the Dark Prince and who knows what the consequences will be!"

"He won't kill you," India could only gape at his calmness.

"Perks of being Eve's closest family and friends." He said smugly.

"That doesn't mean we wouldn't get punished you idiot!"

"Alright if you don't help us we'll find some other way which will increase the chances of us getting caught and I will be severely punished. You will be happy to watch me get punished right India? See this face. Take a closer look!! Maybe this will be the last time you'll-"

"Shut up!! I'll do it. Eerrggh I hate you Kyle!!"

Kyle and the young prince high fived each other. None of them realized that Prince Zenas and Princess Esmeralda were actually eavesdropping. They were preparing the weapons not far from the trio.

"Should we tell him?" the princess asked.

"Nope. Can't wait to see the look on his face when he catches them," the Prince laughed.

A short while later, Prince Zenas started the engine of his brother's car. He left it to warm itself up while he helped the princess.

The moment he left, India quickly laid her hands on Kyle and Prince Timothy's heads. "We didn't ask for you to bless us India."

"Quiet," she gritted her teeth.

She simply put a cloaking spell on them to not only hide their scent but also their very being. No one will be able to see them, hear them, feel them or detect their scent. She didn't know what their plan was once they reached Golden Haven but for now she didn't care. Hopefully Eve will protect them.

They left about twenty minutes later.

With no suspicion.

~~~~~~

Princess Aeval Florentine's POV

King Epaphroditus Urien and his army of elves were already in Golden Haven. There were ten thousand elves. The Alpha King, Silvian Hunter brought his army of fifteen thousand wolves. We were currently waiting for the Royal Pure Bloods and their army. We fae people had about fifteen thousand soldiers. We lost many during the previous battles. I hope we don't lose so many this time.

This war was going to be hard. My parents and Alexander were nervous. The estimated number of trolls were beyond worrying. They have multiplied by at least five times. There were tens of thousands of them now if not more.

Our army commanders were always on guard and we had nothing to be really worried about these past few months. Those creatures however, were hiding and expanding their army. Now they are going to come stronger and better. They will hit Golden Haven with everything they have. If we are not strong enough, the Core of Life will be destroyed and so will everything good in this world.

As I was getting lost in my thoughts, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Eat something Aeval. The battle is not until tomorrow."

"I will come down shortly papa."

"Don't take too long. I want you to eat something before they arrive. Once they come, we'll be planning and preparing for tomorrow."

"Alright," he kissed the top of my head and left.

By they he meant the Royal Pure Bloods. My mind was immediately filled with my days in the castle, serving him. I remembered all the dreadful things he did but my thought will not stop there but rather remind me of the more horrifying experience I had in that cage. Goosebumps spread all over my skin as my mind started to recall things. I felt my skin pricking and my eyes started to tear up but I quickly stopped myself.

No!! I will not fall back into that dark pit!!!!

I have come so far. So far. I am no longer bound by heavy shackles that once defined me a slave.

I am now a free being.

The more I allowed myself to think about how I achieved this glory of freedom, the more I realized that I could never have gotten this far all by myself.

It baffles me that I owed a big part of this glory to the very being who broke me first.

Dark, intimidating and deadly on one hand, and the other,

gentle, caring, sensitive.

I didn't know what to think of him. Training has helped me to forget about the Dark Prince but now that he's on his way here, I'll have to face him. I can't believe it's been more than eight months since we last met.

We knew the day in which the great armies would arrive. So, as the days came closer, I started to have dreams. Memories of my time in the castle. Most of them were bad dreams but I just couldn't stop dreaming of midnight blue orbs with blood red limbal rings around the iris. His eyes.

I still remembered how he looked at me when he confessed his feelings for me. I still remembered the emotional depth those eyes held. I knew he was completely honest and he meant every word but he wanted my heart. I'm not so sure how I feel about that.

"Aeval!! They've arrived!! Didn't I tell you to eat before that?!" my father's strict tone pulled me out of my thoughts immediately.

"I'll grab something light papa."

I looked out the window just to see him get out of his car.

"Evie?!!"

I scramble out of my chambers once I heard my brother call me.

"Slow down dear. You might fall." My mother said. I stopped at the entrance beside my parents and my brother to welcome the Royal Pure Bloods.

"King Caelestinus," my father acknowledged but we didn't have to bow anymore. I kept my eyes on the king but I knew his children were slowly coming to stand in line beside him. I felt His gaze on me but I didn't dare look at him.

"King Sindrion Celeste, I would like to apologize for not fighting in the previous wars. It is one of my greatest mistakes as king. I know that now and I can see how my decision has affected so many lives. I hope you harbour no grudge against me and I hope we can both work towards a better relationship." He unexpectedly bowed. 

"You are here now. I thank you for that so straighten up my friend," King Caelestinus nodded at my father and turned to greet my mother. "Queen Aurora," he shook her hand.

"Look at the two of you!"he said turning to Alex and I.

My brother smiled at the king and we both thanked him for coming.

Seconds later, a young man with red hair took my hand. He placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand which made me blush. I looked down for a moment.

He chuckled at my embarrassment.

"We've never met you know. I'm Prince Zenas Everett. King Caelestinus' second son."

"Nice to meet you Prince Zenas." I said softly.

"Always good to see another red head. You must be Princess Aeval Florentine."

"Yes-"

"The soldiers need help unloading the weapons Zenas. Go help," a rough voice cut me off. I turned to look at a very annoyed looking Dark Prince. He still looked scary. I guess I'll never get used to his angry side.

Prince Zenas however, was unaffected. He simply smirked at me and chuckled at his older brother. Only after he left did I realize that all the others were gone too.

Leaving only me and the Dark Prince.

#################################

That's all for now. Share your thoughts 💭 💭 💭

I have a war to plan😊😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 102K 70
'Are you afraid, do I scare you, baby girl'? He asked me in a sturdy accent And all I could do is nod in affirmation, as I lay on the bed trembling u...
2.3M 99K 56
👑1 in Queen Series👑 (Warning: Dark themes & sexual assault) I will have you...all of you, Esmerleda," he said as his eyes raked over my body. I tr...
308K 2.5K 6
Warning ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️this is not a happy ending book, the male lead in this book is evil to the end. Explicit mature themes, kidnapping, manipulation, bo...
8.1M 193K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...