The Academy - Book III

By emmyles

This is the final installment in the Series! *This book features very mature content! If you don't like your... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Don't Kill Me
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Q & A
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine - Side Chapter
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part One
Chapter Fifty Six Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Author Note
Word Index and Information
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Help Pick a Cover
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty Eight

3.3K 173 97
By emmyles

Chapter Fifty Eight

The Silver Lights District - The Ward Residence (Kaelen's Bedroom)

Ruby angry gaze rested on the screen of her hand held as she watched Kaelen and Xara.  "He's never done that to me while standing up," pouted Ruby as she watched Kaelen head move aggressively between Xara's legs while his fingers dug into Xara's hips.

"I need to get rid of that baby and I need to get rid of her," whispered Ruby.  "But how," thought Ruby aloud as she watched Kaelen walk over to the bed and drop Xara to the bed with a bounce.  "It needs to look like an accident or something."

Ruby frowned while she watched Xara enthusiastically rip Kaelen's shirt off.  "She's so obedient and meek that it would definitely have to be sine type of freak accident.  I can't see her doing anything dangerous because she's too docile."  Ruby head tilted as she watched Xara kissed and licked down Kaelen's taunt stomach.  "I could poison him," thought Ruby out loud, "something that wouldn't affect him but would be deadly to her."

Ruby smirked, "I need to seem innocent so it can't be something that I outright do."  Ruby pressed her lips together while she watched Kaelen's hands entwine in Xara's shoulder length hair.  "She cut it," frowned Ruby as she watched Xara’s head bobbed up and down.

"Hmm," hummed Ruby thoughtfully.  She turned her device off and moved to the bathroom.  "But how to do it.  I need for him to think it was something he did."

Ruby quickly removed her clothes and stepped into the shower.   She picked up the liquid soap she liked to use, "I have an idea."

***

The Silver Lights District - Ward Residence (Kaelen's bedroom)

The next morning

Kaelen walked into his closet with a scowl, "I have to go on council business for the next few days.  I'll be back before the wedding."

"Oh," pouted Ruby as she followed behind Kaelen slowly.

"Because you don't fully understand Nah'Byian customs Jael Quin and Mia will finish setting up the wedding," continued Kaelen in clipped tones.

Ruby rolled her eyes as she watched Kaelen shrug into a white linen shirt.  "I'm sure my mother and I -."

"Your mother is dead, remember," drawled Kaelen in clipped tones.  "Your father informed you of it this morning."

"Ah yes," frowned Ruby, "the accident at the surgeons."

"Yeah, the accident." replied Kaelen distractedly.  Kaelen turned to look pass Ruby while he grabbed a pair of black boots, "While I'm away I thought it would be more productive of your time to start looking for a residence in the Gold District."

"We are moving to the Gold District," asked Ruby excitedly.

Kaelen pursed his lips and shook his head, "No you are moving to the Gold District."  Kaelen walked past Ruby back into the bedroom, "You have made your distaste for this house clear and so I thought it would please you -."

"And where exactly would you live," snapped Ruby.

Kaelen sighed while he shrugged his shoulders, "I would remain here in my home."

"No! I will not accept this," snapped Ruby as she glared at Kaelen.  "Not in a million years would this be considered okay even on Ah'Tarian.  Husband and wife live together!"

Kaelen turned to stare blankly at Ruby, "But if I remember correctly that is what you said you wanted to do."

"That was before I realized you'd be here playing house with your paramour," screeched Ruby angrily.  "I will not stand for this Kaelen Ward!"

"What exactly do you want from me," growled Kaelen frustrated.

"I was told you off worlders could love," snapped Ruby.  "I want you to love me like that whore does Jacob.  She follows behind him like an obedient dog."

"Uh huh," nodded Kaelen with his fist clenched.  "And what exactly do you believe you have done to garner my love, admiration or devotion?"

Ruby sucked in a breath, "I did a lot!  I became discreet -."

"Really," inquired Kaelen in bored tones.  "You called that being discreet?"

"Yes," snapped Ruby with an impatient frown.  "You need to get right with your attitude."

Kaelen lips pressed together while he tried to fight a smile, "If that's what you want."  He moved to stand in front of her and cupped her chin so their eyes could meet.  "I could love you," he smirked, "I could love you to death."

Ruby batted his hands away, "Okay I don't really care if you love me but you better start showing me the respect I deserve."

Kaelen chuckled and shook his head.  "If it means that much to you have a contractor come and see what the cost would be to add a small cottage in the gardens for Xara."

"And the baby," asked Ruby skeptically.

"The baby will remain with her," replied Kaelen smoothly as he exited the room.

Ruby's lips curled into a dark frown.  "I see," she whispered before she swirled around to move to the desk she'd had placed where the window seat used to be.  "I definitely see."

****

Silver Light District - The Ward Residence (The Kitchens)

Sebastian tapped his device on the kitchen table while he watched Xara glide around the kitchen as she prepared breakfast.  "So you're pregnant," asked Sebastian for the twelfth time.

"Yes, C-Bass!  I'm pregnant," laughed Xara as she measured than poured four cups of all-purpose flour into a large blue bowl. 

Sebastian scowled as he watched Xara happily grab another bowl from the cupboard.  "And how far along are you," asked Sebastian sulkily.

Xara looked up from the bowl and laughed, "I'll ask Kevin when I see him this afternoon.  Now come here and help me with this."  Xara held out a tray that held a glass container of milk, a cup of sugar, butter, salt and one egg.  "Mix those together so I can hurry with these cinnamon rolls."

"I don't want cinnamon rolls," pouted Sebastian.  "I like apple scones."

Xara laughed and pointed toward a small basket on the counter, "I know that's why I made some for you, Lucca and Mekhi."

Sebastian waved a hand turning all the ingredients into cinnamon rolls, "And there!  You're done!"

"You do remember what Kaelen said," frowned Xara while she stared at the hot plate of gooey cinnamon rolls.

"Just don't tell and plus," chuckled Sebastian while he ran to pick up the basket, "I left the mess you were creating."  Sebastian waved a hand toward Xara, "Lucca and Mekhi are -."

"Before you go," interrupted Kaelen as he walked into the kitchen and frowned at the plate of cinnamon rolls.  "I've arranged for Harmony to bring her stylist here to fix that."  Kaelen picked up a cinnamon roll while he pointed with his other hand at Xara's lopsided ponytail.

"And," sighed Sebastian.

"I have to go on council business so I won't you to stay here and make sure that -."

Sebastian stared deadpan at Kaelen, "You do remember Xara is a grown ass woman that doesn't need supervision?  And that I'm like 10 years younger than her, right?"

Kaelen glowered at Sebastian, "I don't know this Lily woman -."

"Lilith," provided Xara with a slight frown.

"Lilith," sighed Kaelen.  "I don't know Lilith and would have preferred to have had it done at the Lawson Estate but Harmony insisted on coming here."

Sebastian twisted his lips at Kaelen, "And that was the best you could come up with?"

"I was thinking on short notice," laughed Kaelen while he put several cinnamon rolls in a plastic container.  "With everything that has happened," sighed Kaelen with a serious expression, "I would prefer if you stay here.  I honestly can't be sure if that Lilith woman is friend or foe."

Sebastian nodded, "She did remove Xara's necklace and soon after Xara was shot."

Kaelen pointed at Sebastian in acknowledgement.  "Also," continued Kaelen as he walked toward the door, "some of the council is concerned with Orchid's whereabouts."

Sebastian shoulders rose and fell, "She's en route to Ollyum."

Kaelen lips pressed his lips together tightly while he watched Sebastian go into his 'I'm innocent mode'. "The council would like to see her in one piece soon," drawled Kaelen before he left the room.

"Kaelen," called Xara softly.  "I have an appointment with Kevin at 14:15 today."

Kaelen turned and strolled back into the room and smiled down at Xara.  "I wish I could be there," sighed Kaelen as he looked into her eyes.  Kaelen hand lightly rested on her stomach, "I'll send him a message and push your appointment back."  Kaelen gently kissed Xara's forehead, her eyelids, her cheeks and finally he left a lingering kiss on her lips.  "I really wish I could be there."

"I know," sighed Xara as their foreheads rested against each other.  "Shall I ask Sebastian to come and record it?"

"Yes," agreed Kaelen.

"No," moaned Sebastian at the same time.  "Could you both please for the love of the gods find a room?"

Kaelen chuckled before he kissed her again, "I'll be back in four days.  Ruby was instructed to contact a company to build you a cottage for you in the gardens."

Sebastian turned to stare out the window toward the gardens and arched an eyebrow, "I have been meaning to ask you.  Why is your yard five times bigger than your neighbors?"

Kaelen looked at the window toward the lilac bushes, "I believe it had something to do with Lucas and Jacob having bought the house.  No one wanted to live within close proximity to them."  At Sebastian's amazed expression Kaelen chuckled, "They were very bad boys when they bought this house.  I'm sure the likely buyers thought they would have bought the land thought they were buying a den of depravity."

"Ha ha," laughed Sebastian while he raised a hand to call for his device.  "I'll let Lucca and Mekhi know I won't be joining them today for training."  Sebastian looked up and smiled, "I guess they'll have all the fun tormenting Dion."

"Uh huh," nodded Kaelen.  "If I were them I'd be careful," Kaelen gave a jaunty wave; "I heard Dion is a master at hand to hand combat."

"As if," laughed Sebastian as he sat down heavily.  "I'm fairly sure I saw Kayla throw him over her shoulder about a week ago," yelled Sebastian at Kaelen's retreating back.

********

The Silver Lights District - The Ward Residence (Xara's Bedroom)

Xara smiled as she watched Harmony bounce around her green and white room excitedly.  "It's like I said Lilith!  You'll have a list of customers on Ah'Tarian and Rayia before you know it!"  Harmony happily waltzed into Xara's small walk in closet before she quickly walked back out.  "That is the smallest closet I’ve ever seen in my laugh," smiled Harmony while she moved to a long white ledge shelve and stared at the items on it.  "Oh!  Oh!  What is this," asked Harmony.

Xara offered a polite smile to the honey kissed complexioned woman with a short black elfin haircut. Xara pointed toward an image in a stark white frame, "According to Kaelen that is an image of the outlands when people still lived there."

"Wow," murmured Harmony as she turned to stare at the photo of a body of water with tall metal and glass buildings in the distance.  "It looks like it was really nice."

Xara nodded.

"Can you keep your head still for me," asked Lilith.  Lilith proceeded to run her fingers through Xara's wavy red hair.  "You are a natural red head," smiled Lilith. "Your hair is thick and lush with waves any woman would die for."

Xara skin blushed a pretty pink while she shifted her eyes to avoid eye contact with Lilith.  "Thank you," whispered Xara.

"Girl speak up," laughed Lilith excitedly.

"Leave her alone," whispered Sebastian menacingly from the corner.  "Xara is perfect the way she is."

"She is," asked Lilith while she took a step back to stare thoughtfully at the hatched job Xara had done to her hair.  "I say we start fresh," smiled Lilith, "I can cut it all off and give you a nice short haircut that would frame your pretty face."

"Kaelen doesn't like short hair," responded Sebastian offhandedly.  "He wouldn't like it so don't do it."

Lilith frowned darkly toward Harmony, "What in Hades?"  Lilith turned Xara around and glared out of deep purple eyes, "How do you want your hair cut?"

"Um," responded Xara with a small pout.  "I would like it to be layered like Acadia's.  Around my shoulders if possible?"  Xara gave Lilith a tentative smile, "And if possible I'd like to keep my front long."

Lilith made a huffing sound but nodded, "I can do that!"  Lilith reached around Xara toward a small red velvet bag.  Slowly she pulled out a pair of gold toned scissors and large tooth comb.  "I'd like to turn you away from the mirror so you are not watching and moving around trying to see."

"Okay," nodded Xara while she sent a fleeting smile toward Sebastian.

Sebastian waved his hand and the green and white vanity seat turned into a white leather swivel chair.

"That's a nice trick," smiled Harmony.  "I can't do it but I can do this!"  Harmony waved her hand and a soft melody began to play.

"It's lovely," smiled Xara while Lilith turned the chair away from the mirror.  "It feels like the melody is wrapping itself around me."

Harmony laughed, "Acadia taught me how to do that."  Harmony shrugged while she moved away from Xara's collection of antiques.  "With my power level I can only do so much."

Xara giggled happily, "I can't do anything but dream."

"Dream," asked Lilith as her nimble fingers moved around Xara's head clipping off hair.  "What do you dream about?"

"Mmm," hummed Xara with a slight frown.  "I dream about -."  Xara jumped as the door to her bedroom slammed open and Kevin stood glaring into the room.

"Xara," drawled Kevin with a frown.  "You are five minutes late."

Sebastian slapped his head and reached for his hand held, "Kaelen the dummy sent the message to me instead of you."  Sebastian threw the device in the air and it vanished.

Kevin raised his hand and the device reappeared.  Slowly he reviewed Kaelen's message with downturned lips, "I can't believe how he messed up a simple task."  Kevin looked up and back down at the final message, "But he is very interested to know when's the due date."

"Due date," asked Harmony standing with an excited clap.  "Xara are you pregnant?"

"Who are you," asked Kevin impatiently while he stared baffled at Harmony.

"I'm Harmony Marie Lawson and -."

Kevin eyes rounded as he stared at Harmony.  "That's impossible," growled Kevin. "You are too weak to be a Lawson."

Harmony shook her head and frowned, "That's a mean thing to say!"  Harmony scratched her chin as she stared at confused at Kevin.  "Acadia told me you were nice."

"Did she," asked Kevin while he tilted his head at Harmony.  "I am very surprised that you are still alive with your dismal power level."

"Are you a power level snob, Keith?"  Harmony raised her chin and stared down her nose at Kevin, "I cannot believe that you, a branch member of the family would have the nerve!"

"You should die," mumbled Kevin before he appeared in front of Harmony.  Kevin hand shot out and grabbed Harmony around the neck.

"Oh my gods," screamed Lilith as she watched horrified next to a startled Xara.

Sebastian quickly moved to Kevin and gripped his shoulder, "I've sent a message to Acadia.  I can't even begin to imagine how hurt she'd be if you kill her only niece."

Kevin growled low in his throat, "She's a disgrace to -."

"Kevin," yelled Acadia as she appeared in the room.  "Release Harmony this instant!"

Kevin glared toward Acadia while he released Harmony with a flick of his wrist, tossing her toward the bed.  "She's weak and needs to be eliminated. She is a danger to the Lawson family."

"What," asked Acadia confused.  "A danger?"  Acadia paused as Lilith ran between her and Kevin to help her friend that was tossed across the room.

"Harmony are you okay," asked Lilith anxiously.

"She'll be fine," frowned Acadia toward Kevin.  "And Kevin will apologize."

"Kenneth," snapped Lilith as she moved to stand in front of him.  "How could you do something so evil to -."  Lilith broke off when Kevin appeared in front of her.

"Do you know an Ebony Aleah Talisman," asked Kevin slowly.

Lilith face scrunched up while she took a step back, "She's my cousin."

Kevin face lit up as she stared at Lilith, "Jacob gave me a gift!"

"What," asked Harmony while she sent a confused stare toward Acadia and Harmony.  "What in the name of Jericho are you talking about?"

Xara frowned as she stared from Kevin to Lilith.  “I hate to be a bother but can she finish my haircut.”

Acadia giggled while waving a hand toward Xara, “I’m so sorry!  I’m sure you are very confused.  Kevin, Harmony and I will leave and talk in the hallway while Lilith finishes your hair.”  Acadia sent Kevin a stern look before she looked at the door he'd knocked off the hinges, “Kevin?”

*I'm not sure if you realized yet a part of Kevin's illusion to make people not realize it's him is to also affect the way they hear his name.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 136K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
3.2K 107 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
381K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
869K 34.1K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...