The Players (TP4)

By pseudoannie

(Complete) It is not easy growing up with the perfect Jack Harris, especially since Ryan Harris has always be... More

Author's note
1 - The Players
2 - Indecent
3 - Banished
4 - Booty call
5 - The Jail bait
6 - Loud One
7- Double Standard
8 - Guys and Baby
9 - Block Party
10 - Driving me crazy
11 - Relax we're all single
12 - Cucumber
13 - The B in the bathroom
14 - I know some secrets
15 - Angry recluse
16 - Never dropped the football
17 - By Labor Day
18 - Therapy for her soul
19 - I don't care if you do
20 - Still only one
21 - Perpetual house guest
22 - Google
23 - The way I like it
24 - The scum hurt her bad
25 - Not banished
26 - Severely Misguided
27 - Up a notch
29 - There are no secrets here
30 - Tell Uncle Ryan all about it
31 - Hotel Shangri La
32 - It's open
33 - Don't think what you did was okay
34 - It happened again
35 - You leave a path of destruction
36 - Interpret that message
37 - I love a good cat fight
38 - One emotional visit
39 - Takes one to know one
40 - No f-ing clue
41 - No cucumbers
42 - Broadway Tenor
43 - Regret, lack of regret
44 - There's no room for me
45 - You weren't the only one
46 - Like AA without the alcohol problem
47 - Just a summer fling
48 - Skip the crying
49 - I am now
50 - What's yield?
51 - Loved not love
52 - If I had five minutes alone
53 - Incorrigible
54 - For Good
55 - No More Secrets
56 - Dessert
57 - An imposter
58 - Happy Birthday
59 - Better Him Than Me

28 - A little excitement

2K 212 37
By pseudoannie

Adam

Adam was halfway home when he realized he invited Amanda to spend the night. Was he really going to sleep with two girls on the same day?

He immediately showered but hadn't even dried off when Amanda arrived. "Look I don't even have to undress you." She cooed and dropped to her knees.

How could he give her up? He didn't know if he wanted to. She was struggling with her new boss and he liked how she leaned on him. He thought the guy was a jackass. Recently she started spending more nights during the week with him than not. He would stay at the office to call Lana and then go home to Amanda.

He decided he was ready to end things with Lana, but then the image of her face as she climaxed would fill his mind. When his dick twitched, he knew he wouldn't say a word. Labor Day was the day he had set to figure it out.

Ryan

Ryan met with Douglas Alfano again. The older man said, "Good news! Dougie's tired of me talking about you. He's flying up for the weekend. He wants you to be ready to drink."

Ryan joked. "I'm not twenty anymore."

"Twenty! You were getting drunk at seventeen!"

"Guilty as charged."

"He'll be here Friday. Now tell me how you'll make my money grow."

"I recommend varied risk. I have some funds I like which pay over six percent in dividends. They're high risk, but if combined it with lower risk options."

"Go on. I'm listening."

By the time Ryan explained, they had a plan. Allie would set up Douglas' account and arrange for the wire transfer. Once it was in place, Ryan would spin his magic.

Late afternoon on Friday, Ryan went to the door to find his old friend, Dougie.

"How do you look so good?" Doug walked in and looked around. "Nice place. All yours?"

"No, it's a friends. Man, it's good to see you. Drink!"

His friend had a few extra pounds which he attributed to marriage and kids. He looked too old to be a lifeguard, but except for some thinning on top of his head, he still had the Malibu look.

"Yeah." He made his way to the slider. "You devil you've got that hot thing!"

"What?" Ryan remembered Lana was floating. "No, she lives across the street. She likes to use the pool."

"Then you don't mind if I try my luck with her?"

"She's in a relationship and I thought you have a wife."

"I do, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her."

Ryan cringed, but didn't say a thing, after all his father was a client.

"Dad said you're going to make him lots of money."

"I'm trying. You want to go to the beach?"

They walked down and Dougie marveled at all the changes. Ryan knew Alex was responsible for a great deal of them.

Ryan heard him before he saw him. "Hey QB!"

The kid was with Cassie who already had a boyfriend. Was anyone faithful anymore?

"You come to play?"

"Dougie, can you still catch the ball."

"Hell yeah!"

They played for a while and then they went to The Beach House. It was early enough that they found two spots at the bar. Ryan felt at a loss because there wasn't much in his life to talk about. He could tell him about Jack, but he didn't want to talk about his brother's loss.

"Jack lives here year round. He turned our cottage into a house."

"Dad said your folks bought a condo."

"Yeah and Jack married Maddie Evans."

"You've never married?"

"Nope, I have no plans to. You happy?"

"Happy enough, but every once in a while I need a little excitement, if you know what I mean."

Ryan watched as Dougie scanned the crowd. He was looking at the women. Ryan felt seventeen again and worried about peer pressure. He never worried about it then. If Dougie found girls then he would expect Ryan to what? Keep one of them happy, but he wasn't interested. He went away to get rid of problems caused by a woman. He was getting along with Jack and if his brother found out, he would disapprove. Jack wasn't perfect because he got Maddie pregnant, but at least they were in a relationship. The thought of Jack telling his teenage daughter made Ryan smile - the daughter Jack worried about being on the beach with her boyfriend.

Ryan really hoped Doug wouldn't attract any woman as he finished his beer and ordered another round. Ryan was halfway through his second when a woman pushed between their bar stools attempting to order drinks from the busy bartender. He could smell her perfume. The scent gave him a headache, as it reminded him of Isobel. Doug wasn't bothered by it and offered to get the bartender's attention. He ordered two lychee martinis. "Put them on my tab."

She began to argue with platitudes. "You didn't have to." All the while she assessed Doug and eventually smiled. "Thank you. My friend and I appreciate it."

Ryan watched as she waved across the room and held up her glass. He didn't even turn around because he knew they were being joined by a second woman. Great one for each, but Ryan didn't want one. He had to turn for introductions with McKenna and Brooke. Brooke, the second to arrive, didn't even hide her appraisal of Ryan. He bit his tongue because he wanted to ask if he passed. The problem was she didn't pass for him because she was loaded with silicon. He hated silicon and overlooked the fact when he got involved with Isobel and refused to make the same mistake again.

It was too loud to talk, so he just nodded his head and pretended to listen. It wasn't until Dougie was paying the tab he realized he agreed to bringing their new friends back to the cottage.

Once on the beach, Dougie said, "We should go for a swim in the pool."

Ryan wanted to run the other way, but he tried to be polite. "Are you staying on The Point?"

"We've been here for a week and head back to Connecticut tomorrow," said the one who thought he was hers.

It relieved him they would not be around longer. If he caved, he wouldn't have to worry about seeing her again. She wasn't bad looking, but he just wasn't interested in continuing his reputation.

As they walked up the street and to the door of his cottage, he kept looking around hoping no one would see them. He really didn't want Lana to find out and did not understand why it mattered. He was working hard to convince her he was not the jerk he had been when they first met. Unfortunately, he kept failing, because he had trouble embracing her relationship with Adam and she knew he had an issue with it.

Both of his guests were impressed with the cottage and as Doug led them out to the pool, Ryan asked if anyone wanted margaritas. He might as well get rid of the poison. He made them strong and pour each girl a glass. Dougie declined, and Ryan brought out a beer for him and a bottle of water for himself.

"You're not drinking?" Doug was disappointed.

"Nah, I don't drink like I used to."

The sweet liquid went down fast as the woman prattled on about nothing Ryan was interested in. He heard the word divorce and tuned out the ex-husband bashing while feeling smug he was smart enough not to fall for the marriage trap. He refilled their drinks and went inside to make more.

Brooke went to use the bathroom and found him in the kitchen with the blender whirring. She put her hand on his arm. He didn't feel a thing and was glad. He would have trouble if his libido betrayed him.

He looked at her. "Just so you know, I came here to get away from a woman and I'm on a fast."

"A fast?"

"Yes, from women and sex for the summer."

"You're kidding!"

"No, the old me would probably already have you in the other room, but..."

She turned around and walked past him back onto the deck. When he followed her, he found Doug and the other one in the pool and they weren't in their clothes. Ryan refilled the glasses and turned and went inside. She followed him. "I guess you don't want to swim."

"No, I swam earlier. If you don't mind, I think I'll watch the game."

"I think I'll go back to the bar."

He watched her leave and turned his attention to the TV. He didn't want to think about what was happening in the pool. What happened to fidelity? Doug was no better than the jerk Lana married - worse because he had kids.

He gave up on the game and went to bed, glad the bedroom door locked. When he woke early to meet Jack and Maddie for their run, he wasn't sure what to expect. Doug was passed out on the sofa. The girl was gone. By the pool was the empty margarita pitcher and dirty glasses, but no stray clothing. One good thing came out of the night, the tequila bottle was finally empty. He would never buy that shit again.

Jack looked at him. "Tough night?"

"Not for me. I went out with Dougie and let's say he hasn't changed."

"And you have?"

"Yeah, I have. There's a pissed off girl somewhere who didn't like I turned her down. Dougie didn't turn his down, and he's married."

"Creep," Maddie said.

"Where d'you meet them down at The Beach House? Everyone knows it's easy to hook up," Jack said.

Ryan nodded and Maddie laughed and punched Jack in the arm. Ryan wondered what all that was about, but didn't ask. For a minute he was jealous of their little inside joke. There were definitely some benefits to marriage, but he wasn't about to admit it out loud.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 10.9K 40
(Complete) New Year's Day is a time for resolutions. Jack Harris, still mourning the tragic death of his wife, vows to start living again. Maddie Ev...
183K 3.7K 57
On the surface, Lila Summers is flawless: good looks, expensive clothes, and a big, beautiful smile. But a dark past and even darker secrets are thre...
420K 14.4K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
6.4K 34 16
Tayliah Moreno was a little girl when she met the Conklins and Fishers. Her father was best friends with Adam Fisher throughout high school. Tayliah...