Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 16

6.3K 292 28
By Puppies59

                                  Daniel

It was crazy how she ruled our minds after such a short time of knowing her, how she had all of us drawn to her without even trying. The day after she went home she didn't contact us until she had Gav send her Simon's number to give his worried doctor brain a rest. She sent him photos of her major wounds and showed that thanks to him they were healing fine now, he seemed less stressed after that. Still only Simon and Gav could get in touch with Sidney since neither of them were handing over her number willingly, Gav had even put a lock on his phone to keep Micah out. 

The second day after we had found out we had a she wolf neighbor we were all getting a bit more anxious to see her again. She sent a text to Simon that her wounds were doing better and nothing else, it was maddening knowing we weren't allowed to pay her a visit either. Today was the third day and we still hadn't heard anything from her despite it being after dinner, Bowen seemed ready to barge over there himself to make sure she wasn't in trouble, or causing it. 

"Do you think she ran off?" Jason puffed out as he plopped onto the couch beside me, ever my dramatic younger brother. "She doesn't seem like the type to run off, I mean she has been challenging each of us since she got here." Tucker stated as he stared out the window in the direction of the Black Fork cottage. I was about to agree when Gavin's phone started to ring and all focus turned to him as he answered and the room fell silent. "Sid?" Gav whispered softly as he put the phone on speaker and laid it down on the table for everyone to be included, there was a sigh on the line in response.

 "Yeah Streaks it's me, I'm going to guess I'm on speaker and everyone can hear me, right?" Her voice was a captivating interest as we all stared at the phone. "Yeah." Colt answered as he glanced around the room, I met my older brothers eyes a moment before looking away in submission. "Are you alright, are your wounds bothering you again?" Simon rushed out as he hovered over the phone and her light chuckle came in response. "I'm fine, they barely even ache anymore." She stated through the receiver and Simon's shoulders sagged in relief. 

"Then to what do we owe the pleasure of your phone call, Sidney Blake?" Bowen was stern but despite his tone there was no hesitation or stuttering in her response. "Well we have to get this over at some point, might as well deal with it now. I'm inviting you all to my place tonight, we'll need to discuss the details a bit but the sooner we get this over with the better." Her huff sounded annoyed and I wondered if she could feel Bowen scowling at the phone. "Just what do you mean by that Sweet Cheeks?" Beck taunted her. "Simple, tonight we find out whether we can put up with each other as neighbors, or die trying." Her tone was clipped and serious, causing all of us to stare at the phone in silence, suddenly I wasn't so eager to see her again.

                                        Sidney

Once I had given the specific instructions to them on the best way to go about this little reunion I hung up and got to work getting things ready. My wounds were fully healed albeit still tender from the healing process but they only ached occasionally now. I decided to stretch my muscles to help limber them up as I locked my pets up in my room for their safety and ours. I didn't want them rushing to defend me if things got tense, because if anything happened to them all of my good neighborly bits were going to rip apart anyone that hurt my fur babies. 

I pushed all the furniture to the sides of the room to make a bit more space in the living room for the slightly unwanted company. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of 12 male wolves stinking up my property but I trusted my control a lot more than theirs. The knock on my door accompanied by the scents I could now recognize from a mile away let me know tonight was only just beginning. I steadied myself as I opened the door and allowed the six dominant males inside my home, all of them watching me as they held their tense postures. 

Part of my instructions had been to have them split into 2 groups, the six most dominant and the six least dominant in their pack. Asher, Micah and Beckett didn't faze me at all with their posturing, my attention was focused more on Bowen as alpha and Colton and Simon as his second and third. "So why is it you wanted us separated like this?" Asher murmured out warily. "Well as the dominant wolves of your pack you are going to be the more protective and thus the more dangerous wolves I've got to deal with right now. I also had you come onto my territory to try and prevent any aggression your wolves might have to defending their land, this way they know they're the ones trespassing, not me." I answered slowly. 

"You thought about this carefully, didn't you?" Colton voiced curiously. "Yes, I did. I really didn't want to have to fight any of you if we could avoid it, and considering none of you have shifted or tried to attack shows that it seems to be working." I said as I scanned their group. "My pack knows how to control themselves, if not we couldn't live so close to town." Bowen growled out defensively. "Sure they know how to stay in control around HUMANS, as we've established already, I'm not human." I stated clearly to his frown. "I think my wolf knew that before you even told us." Micah said with a puzzled look on his face. 

"It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, the beast side tends to notice things that the human side doesn't. Go ahead and get the others in here so we can get on with things." I nodded as Beckett went to open the door and allow the other six to slowly make their way inside. "Hey crazy girl." Gavin muttered shyly as I nodded to him with a small smile. "You guys good?" I voiced to the other six males that had joined us. "My wolf wants to roll over and cuddle you if that's a good thing?" Fletcher murmured uncertainly as the other five agreed to his words. "It is for what we're about to do next, thanks for being honest Puppet ." I nodded to him before focusing in on the 12 strong group. 

"What now?" Emmett asked curiously. "Now your wolves meet mine." I state carefully as they share a look of confusion. "Can you explain please?" Simon voiced with a frown. "I am going to go outside and shift and then one by one each of you will do the same until all our wolves have been introduced to each other. Except this time Streaks group will make the introductions first and Simon's group will come out after them." I answered. "Why switch it?" Colton frowned curiously at me.

 "Because once we shift things are going to be different and as I've said before your wolves are going to be more protective of the pack than theirs, letting them meet me first might help you to get it through your skulls that I don't mean any harm." I meet his eyes and hold his gaze, and after a minute he nods and turns his attention back to his alpha. "Well then Puppet and friends, shall we?" I hum out. I head out the front door, leading the group of the six less dominant males outside glad that they follow easily enough despite their uncertainty. Now came the best bit, learning if these crazy boys could put up with me in wolf form and not have me wanting to rip my new friendly neighbors to shreds.

                                          Fletcher

I felt like my mind and body were having an inner turmoil and neither one knew who was in the lead position. My wolf was anxious to meet the wolf that Sidney was hiding away from us, and yet I was still confused how she didn't smell like a wolf at all. "Well boys this is as good a spot as any. I'm going to shift first and then I will link you to come forward, then the introductions will begin." Her tone was calm and kind as we lined up side by side and she turned to face us. I was both disappointed and relieved when she decided not to strip out of her clothes and just shifted like it was nothing at all. 

I wasn't the only one gasping at the sight as her chestnut colored wolf shook off her shredded clothes and studied us with those dazzling blue eyes. I had to admit she was gorgeous in both forms even though we'd seen her wolf before, knowing who she was changed things. Now that she had shifted the faint scent of her wolf form caught my attention, it was easy to recognize after having it all over our front porch for days. "Alright Puppet, you're up." Having her voice ring through my head with her link was different but nice in a strange way. I slowly stepped forward as I took my shirt and shorts off, deciding to leave my boxers on as she waited patiently for me to shift.

 My shift came slower than hers and it made me wonder how practiced and controlled she was to go from two to four legs in just a matter of seconds. Once I was fully shifted I felt my wolf instinctively being drawn closer to her as I stepped stiffly and cautiously forward, I made it a few steps before she closed the distance in an easy trot. I could see her body language was relaxed and friendly and it instantly put my own wolf at ease. 

I whined softly as my tail wagged in greeting to her and she sniffed at my neck, instantly I was rolling over in submition to her at the action. "Well Puppet if all goes well with the others, I think we might just have to have another delicious dinner soon, after all you are an amazing cook." I could sense the playful mocking in her link and knowing I'd passed whatever test had just happened made me overjoyed as I stood and bowed my head respectfully to her. She licked my ear in response and the action had my wolf crooning happily at her praises, meanwhile I was just glad wolves couldn't blush.

                                           Gavin

Watching her interact with Fletcher was nerve wrecking until she approached him with friendly intentions and their greetings passed over quickly. Then it was my turn and I wasn't sure if I was panicking over what she would think of my wolf or about to pass out from holding my breath for Fletch. "Alright Streaks, your turn." Her eyes held me in place and before I could chicken out I let the shift ripple over me, I didn't like these jeans anyway.

 As soon as the shift was complete it was like my wolf had been waiting as he forced me back and took over control as he dashed forward to meet her. I tried to pull back in fear he would attack her like she said but I watched as she tilted her head at me and I felt shocked as my wolf went into an immediate play bow in front of her before letting me take back control. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..." I started to link an apology only for her to nip gently at my ear as I stood up from the play bow. 

"Relax Streaks, it's nice to see your wolf form is as playful if not more so than you are, it's cute really." Her amusement was clear as I growled playfully back at her, I was not cute. "Yes you we're." She linked back teasingly and I realized I had linked her my thoughts on her comment. She didn't even let me defend my actions as she brushed her shoulder against mine and used her nose to nudge me towards where Fletcher was sitting on the sidelines in wolf form. She made it clear I had passed the initial test too, and my wolf was very pleased in his participation of that passing.

                                            Tucker

I shifted before she even called me forward, and I let my tongue roll out in a wolfish grin as she studied my wolf form. "Well aren't you the Goldy Locks of this little story." She puffed out as I cautiously approached, my wolf didn't seem the least bit bothered by her own wolf form so I took that as a good sign. "If I'm Goldy Locks then who are the three bears?" I teased back through the link she had open, receiving a chuff of amusement from her as she watched me. 

"I still haven't quite figured that one out, although I do have a few ideas." Her link was a gentle hum through my mind and I found myself relaxing out onto the dirt beside her as I rolled. I wasn't one to submit unless forced so having my wolf willingly roll over and show off his belly to her meant she had great respect from us and honestly I didn't mind bowing to her beauty.

                                          Daniel

Once Sidney passed Tucker off as a goofball that was at the very least tollerable, it was my turn to shift for her. I was nervous out of my mind despite having seen three of my pack brothers already pass the friend not foe test, considering my wolf was unsure about hers. I let the shift consume me as I studied her wolf and she studied mine, I found myself growling wearily when her eyes held my gaze. "Stop that Danny boy, trust me it won't lead to good things." Her own soft growl punctuated through her link and surprisingly it cut off the growl rumbling in my throat almost instantly as I cocked my head at her. "You don't seem scared of us at all." I found myself remarking and I sat on my haunches while she watched me.

 "I'm not. I can understand that your wolf is wary being on territory that doesn't belong to him and meeting a strange wolf, but I am not the enemy right now." Her link was quick as she trotted forward and circled me effortlessly, clearly her wounds no longer hindered her in the slightest. My hackles raised uneasily until she met me nose to nose with gentle body language and a friendly yip. The action and sound seemed to stop my wolf in his tracks and draw his interest even more towards her as I responded with a whine of my own, only to find my tail wagging happily back at her. "Go sit down with your friends silly, there are still more introductions to be made." Her link held direction behind it and I found myself obeying her without question, this was nothing at all like the deadly danger she'd described.

                                        Emmett

She was even more gorgeous than I thought possible, watching the way she interacted with the others was strangely comforting, but I couldn't place why. "Emmett." She motioned me forward with a tilt of her head as her link rang out to me. I stepped forward and stripped before letting my own shift take over, I silently preened over the fact it came quicker than the others had. I found myself posturing for her as she inspected my wolf form and allowed me to sniff at her muzzle in greeting. My wolf was more than happy to meet her, it was as if he'd been waiting for the perfect opportunity to engage her in play for forever.

 "Your wolf is just a big puppy isn't he?" Her amusement flooded through her link just as I gave an excited playful whine to her. "I suppose my wolf form can get a bit more playful than most." I hummed back as she shook her head slightly and passed me over to the rest who had already made their introductions. "Does anyone else feel weird watching her greet everyone?" Gavin sent through our pack link. "Well at least you can see, Bowen won't even let us peek out the windows!" Micah grumbled through the link. "I think I get what Gav means, for some reason I'm nervous for her to like all of us." Daniel sent out and I found myself in agreement. It was strange but not impossible for packs to accept nomads like we had, but this felt different somehow and that was the weird part.

                                         Jason

I could feel my wolf pacing beneath my skin, we were the last one to shift from our group of six and I was eager to get it over with. I hadn't even shifted yet and I knew my wolf would love hers, I could sense his excitement to meet her growing by the second. So when she turned her attention away from Emmett it was all I could do to rip my shirt over my head before my shift rippled over me and my wolf stood in my place. I stood stiff and still as she trotted up to me and tilted her head as I underwent her inspection. 

She was half my weight in wolf form easily considering I had more height and muscle than her, but she didn't seem fazed that I was the largest wolf around her at the moment. I noted that as a hopeful sign for when she would meet the others whose wolves were even larger than my own. "Well surprisingly I can still see the family resemblance with the color of your furs." Her teasing was clear as she looked between Daniel and me, I found myself huffing at her in response. "Funny little wolf." I growled softly as I playfully nipped at her shoulder.

 Her response was to nip back at me with a slight baring of her teeth, making it clear to respect her space and my wolf easily responded. I sat down and watched her as her slightly tense posture relaxed once more and she cocked her head at me curiously. "What?" I questioned. "Nothing, you just have a lot more control than I'm used to when dealing with packs, it's impressive." Her compliment had my wolf puffing up in pride as she brushed her fur against my own, letting our scents mingle briefly in a friendly acceptance. I didn't have any time to respond before she linked us to stay put and dashed off into the trees, leaving the six of us to watch the place she disappeared to in utter bewilderment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 107 10
I'm bored and I'm not satisfied with the smut/fluff I'm getting so..here you go!
59K 2.7K 19
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
22.8K 470 75
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~★...
250K 7.2K 130
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."