Always and Forever ~2

By Vampirediaries1996

A dark prophecy follows Sofia Gilbert all the way to New Orleans where more danger awaits her. She was promis... More

New Orleans
Werewolf in the Quarter
Another Masquerade
Bayou Doctors
Unlinking Lessons
To the Bayou and Back
Memoirs and Sabotage
New Reign
Defiance
Visit
Revenge Part 1
Revenge Part 2
Revenge Part 3
Afterlife or Hell
Moving On or Failing to Live
Sacrifice of Innocence
Love at First Sight
New Leaf
Wedding Bliss
Temporary Goodbyes and Rebirth
Nothing is Permanent
Keeping the Fight Alive
Here Comes Mother
Deciding Fate
Steps Back
Reunited
Farm House Life
Trust Ceremony
I Hear Wedding Bells
Eva or Dahlia
Betrayal at Its Finest
No Hesitation
Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
Blissful Happiness
Lucien and the Sires
Seer's Lies or Truths
Hayley's Return
Parties and Bait
It's Just Getting Started
Ex's and Oh Shit
We Really Shouldn't Have Dinner Parties
Untold Truths and Lies
Baby Showers
Christmas Miracles
Transition
Getting Closer to Hell
Breaking Sire Bonds
It's Raining Enemies
Like Father Like?
Not Safe at Home
On the Run for Some Rum
Fighting a Beast
Heavy Heart
Start of the End
Bite from a Monster
Goodbye for Now
Missing You
Planning Life
Never Let Go
The Armory
A June Wedding
Surviving Hellfire
Here Comes Freedom
An Enemies Attempt at Revenge
Closer to the Heart
Parenting
Sharing Memories
Let's Start with Forever
Happiness
Harmony
Possession and Kidnapping
Throwing a Party for Reading
Red Paint
The Ancestors
Twist of Fate
Hard Choices
Transferring Power
Not Gone Forever

The Harvest

4K 114 30
By Vampirediaries1996

What are your predictions for the future of Klaus and Sofia?

Klaus vamp speeds Sophie into the house against her will. "We had a deal. You protect our unborn child and I dismantle Marcel's army! And while I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked. And almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear."

"And I'm having a hard time believing that." I say standing in front of her. "Sofia, remember Hayley and me are linked. She dies, I die."

"Then who were the men chasing after us in the woods?"

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about your baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks rather calmly.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation."

"We didn't ask your opinion we asked what was her vision." I say getting annoyed and Sophie notices my patience is thinning.

"I'm guessing she is wrong about this one."

"Well as Sofia did point out we do not want your opinion. What was this particular interpretation?"

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." Klaus grows a giant smirk on his face.

"Ah, well I grow fonder of this child by the second."

"Klaus!"

"What? I have to say witches are annoying love."

"I'm a witch and I would like that my child doesn't bring an end to me."

"Understandable." He says nodding his head.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty." Rebekah interjects. "Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah is talking to Davina?"

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine."

"I guess she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

"Again let's stop with the allusions of the truth and just say what we're here for! What do you want with this Davina girl?"

"I wasn't always an advocate for the witches." Sophie explains how she was a party girl and everything opposite of what she is today. "My sister was devoted like our parents. And our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21, I left the Quarter to travel and play. But I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's." What stopped us is the mention of a Harvest. I've never heard of this ever and by the looks on Klaus and Rebekah's face, they haven't either.

"What the bloody hell is the Harvest?" Rebekah asks Sophie.

"It's a ritual our coven does every 3 centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors."
"And why haven't I heard of this?"

"Because the Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story passed down through generations, like Noah's ark. Or Buddha walking on water, the kind some people take literally and some people don't." Sophie explains how the girls in the community had been groomed for months for the Harvest as a way to restore their ancestral magic. The whole concept sounded barbaric and insane that people would go through with this. "They had the girls in our community preparing for months. 4 would be chosen for the Harvest. They said it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."

"And was it?" I ask but Klaus' phone rings interrupting Sophie's story. He seems cheerful as he greets Marcel over the phone.

"Dead witches in the bayou. Sounds less like a problem. And more like a cause of celebration." Sophie perks up at this and I remember the tradition of consecration is very important for their ancestors.

"You can't go out there now!" Sophie warns Klaus as he gets ready to leave. "I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we lose the link to their magic." She pleads.

"They tried killing the woman who is carrying my baby1 I don't care what happens to them."

"I happen to agree with Sofia on this and I for one prefer for Marcel's informant not to find anything that would lead him back to us. To her or to, you know, that." He points at Hayley and my mouth hangs open with his rudeness.

"You are all class." Hayley sasses at him as she sips her hot tea.

"Stay put and save the rest of your story till I return." He orders Sophie and he's out the door without a second thought.

"He's a real ray of sunshine." I comment rocking nervously on my heels.

__________________________________

It didn't take a Brainiac to know that Sophie was planning her own strategy to get Davina back. She snuck away from the house right after Klaus left. Hayley and I followed close behind her not wanting to her to get out of our site. She has been keeping secrets from us all this time and there is no way we're letting her get away with it now. We follow her to the cemetery where all of her ancestors are located and surprise her before she can leave again. "Hey, what the hell?" She asks us as we block her exit.

"You're going out there, anyway, aren't you?" Hayley says to her.

"We want to go with you." I say making sure she doesn't try and get past us.

"No thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning, don't need a repeat." I place my hand up stopping her from moving from the spot I want her to stay in.

"Sweetie that was just him saying good morning. If you want to see an assault I'm sure he would be happy to show you the difference." I smile at her ever so sweetly.

"And what if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there?" Hayley adds and that makes Sophie stop and think.

"Hayley and I weren't harmed by it and even though I'm a witch it didn't harm me and likes her so do you really want to take your chances?" I state and Sophie is really pissed with us.

"So you'll be safer with us." Hayley tries to charm her but it doesn't seem to be working.

"Sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety." She tries to move but my boundary spell keeps her in place annoying her more.

"Listen the whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister is the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. And last night, pretty sure some guardian angel wolf saved my life."

"So, in other words, we're coming with you or I'll never let you out of that boundary spell."

"Could the three of you be more idiotic?" Rebekah's voice surprises us all. "Two can play the follow game. You heard Klaus he and Marcel are heading right where you're going."

"So distract them. Because unless you want to lock a hormonal, pregnant werewolf in a tomb, I'm coming with you. And wouldn't Elijah be mad if he hears that Sofia's baby and I died of asphyxiation?" Damn, she's good. I high five Hayley as we get what we want.

We hike through the Bayou in search of the dead witches bodies and I remember how much I hate exercising. Being locked in Klaus' house for weeks has made me forget how humid and hot it gets in New Orleans. "So this Harvest thingy, tell me more." Rebekah orders Sophie.

"Klaus said to wait."
"Yes, and he also told you to stay out of the Bayou, and yet here we are amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures." She complains and I can't blame her. These bugs are loving me and I hate it.

"We're here." Hayley declares as we stop. The bodies of the dead witches are more gruesome than I remember it from last night. The smell is revolting and I can only imagine what Hayley and Rebekah smell with their heightened senses. "Who." Hayley stops at a giant paw print most likely from the wolf that saved us last night. Claw marks grace every other tree.

"Is that a wolf track?" Sophie asks. A twig snaps in the distance and we know we're not alone.

"Who's there?" Rebekah calls out but that's a bad mood. Doesn't anyone know in any horror movie ever you never ask who is out in the woods with you?

"What the hell?" A guy steps out from behind the trees. "An Original?" He says and he speeds away. And of course, he's a daywalker one of Marcel's trusted men now spreading the secret about what we're doing in the woods. Great this day just got worse.

__________________________________

Rebekah leaves us to join Klaus to track down Marcel's man before he reveals our secrets. That leaves Hayley and me to hike back to the car with Sophie who we feel is keeping more things from us. No matter how much we try to break through to her about what happened she keeps hiding something that I believe would make a difference in our situation. "Those people, all this cause of a vision of my baby. A vision that you don't think is true." I say to Sophie as she hauls the bag of things she needed to consecrate the remains of the witches into the car.

"Look, I love Sabine, but she's the witch equivalent of a drama queen."

"Trust me I know all about that. My sister Elena is nothing if not a drama queen." I say which earns me a smile from Sophie.

"I've learned to take little stock in whatever she says or sees. Just kind of wish she kept her mouth shut."

"If you say you don't believe in what Sabine says and you don't believe in the Harvest Ritual were you right?"

"No." My heart drops with her answer. "I saw it with my own eyes. It was working. It was real."

"And what makes you so sure Sabine's vision isn't?" She doesn't answer me but I'm not taking silence as the final response. "This is my child Sophie and I will do anything to protect her. No one, I mean no one will harm my child."

"You talk like you have this power over us but to the rest of the witches, you're just that. Another witch."

"And if that is so. Why hasn't Davina ever since when I practiced magic? Oh, I know. I am not bound to the same stupid ancestral rules you are. I have access to my own magic that none of you can match. The magic that is running through my child's veins and I will be damned if you or anyone one of your witch bitches lay a hand on my child." I step close to Sophie making sure she knows how serious I am. "You may fear Klaus but don't underestimate me."

__________________________________

When we made it back to the house we were in for a lecture from Rebekah which was to be expected. "I don't care if we have to get you both a leash. That was your last trip to the bayou." Rebekah says as she pours herself a glass of bourbon. "What is it with you and these wolves, anyway?" She says the last part to Hayley.

"I feel like we're connected somehow. I don't know. Maybe it's just some pipe dream I have of finding any real family out there. But sometimes when I feel like it's me against the world. It keeps me going." Rebekah hands her a glass of bourbon and we look at her like she's crazy.

"Oh right." I take the glass from her and down it. The alcohol burns as it slides down my throat. They both give me a look now. "What? I'm not pregnant so that means all the drinks I want." I pour myself another glass.

"You are so much better than your sister." Rebekah says with a genuine smile.

"And don't you forget it." We clink our glasses and down our drinks.

"Well if you ask me, family is a pain in the behind. And as for being in it alone, how dare you? I don't ruin a perfectly fabulous pair of boots traipsing through the bayou for just anyone." This is the first time Rebekah has shown she has a heart towards us besides telling Nik not to strangle Hayley. Klaus barges through the front door. "Nik, finally what..." Rebekah stops as she sees Elijah come through the door. She runs into her brother's arms and it makes me miss my family. I haven't called Elena since leaving Mystic Falls. I've done nothing but try not to think about her and everything that came with living in that town. I have barely spoken to Caroline or Bonnie about anything going on in my lives. The only person I have kept in contact with is Jeremy and telling him about being pregnant and then not was one of the hardest things for me to do.

__________________________________

Elijah separates from his sister and instead he follows Hayley outside surprising Rebekah but not Klaus from the looks of it. He briefly looks at me and I know it's because we're in this weird situation. I'm the mother of his unborn child but I'm not currently carrying the child. His responsibility and worry goes to making sure Hayley and the baby are okay but where does that leave me? What makes me feel at ease is when Elijah calls us to the living room Klaus has me sit next to him leaning on his shoulder as he holds me close. "Everything that brought us here to New Orleans was a lie. This story that Sophie Deveraux fabricated, the struggle for control of the French Quarter, this war between vampires and witches, wasn't over territory at all. This was over Davina." I knew she had her own agenda and this pisses me off even more. She has been using us all this time and she thought she could get away with it. "Eight months ago, Sophie Deveraux and her Jane-Anne lost everything. Now 4 months after that, Sofia and Klaus come back into town and they sense she is pregnant. All hope is renewed. Hayley being in town was just icing on top of an already delicious dessert." Elijah explains Sophie's plan. "Jane-Anne actually sacrificed her life so that her sister could use you to find Davina. If Sophie Deveraux is successful in capturing Davina, she can return Jane-Anne's daughter back to life. We thought we'd come here to wage war for power. This is about family. In order to return her niece to life, Sophie Deveraux will fight to the death. That makes her more dangerous than anyone."

"What do we need to do to kill her?" I ask not taking my eyes, Elijah. "She comes after one of us she comes after all of us."

"You'll stand with us."

"Always and forever."

How will the gang back in Mystic Falls react to Sofia being or was pregnant with Klaus' child?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.3K 52
[ BOOK ONE ] Erin Gilbert believed the worst thing that could ever happen to her was the death of her parents. But when the Salvatore brothers waltz...
56.3K 1.3K 34
❝ 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞.. ❞ the original family.. the first vampires, the legends that are told to...
28.8K 794 44
Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans with her twin sister Meredith, without tell...
350K 8.5K 34
Maddison Grace Gilbert, little sister to Elena Gilbert and twin to Jeremy Gilbert, has always been a bit a of a know it all. Not in the wanna punch h...