MacGyver Imagines

By 99girl000

A bunch of imagines about the character Angus MacGyver from the CBS show MacGyver. Disclaimer: I do not own M... More

"End Up With You"
"Nervous"
"All to Myself"
"Backsliding"
"Walkashame"
"I Won't Tell a Soul"
"Goodbye"
"All These Years"
"Friends Don't"
"Under the Weather"
"I Like the Sound of That"
"What I Never Knew I Always Wanted"
"Secret Love"
"Unforgettable"
"Speakers"
"Alien"
"The Cure"
"Better Than Flowers"
"In Love Again"
"Isn't She Lovely"
"Kindly Calm Me Down"
"Dive"
"Rumor"
"For Her"
"Live Forever"
"I Do"
"Woke Up Like This"
"Piece By Piece"
"Count On Me"
"My Little Girl"
"I Hate You, I Love You"
"If I Can't Have You"
"This Side of Heaven"
"Bring You Back"
"I've Been Waiting For You"
"You Will Always Be My Son"
"Don't Give Up On Me"
"Seรฑorita"
"Fallin' All In You"
"Don't Let Me Forget"
"Marry Me"
"Work From Home"
"In The Name of Love"
"Jealous"
"Wrapped in Red"
"Cozy Little Christmas"
"Perfectly Wrong"
"The Fighter"
"Nobody Gotta Know"
"Craving You"
"Too Good at Goodbyes"
"Magic"
"Love's Lookin' Good on You"
"Perfect Love"
"Your Side of the Bed"
"Dancing With a Stranger"
"Like To Be You"
"Make You Stay"
"Andante, Andante"
"'Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore"
"This is What it Takes"
"Any Other World"
"Waking Up in Vegas"
"Half of My Hometown"
"Dress"
"Before You Go"
"How to Save a Life"
"Light On"
"She'll Never Love You"
"I Hope You're Happy Now"
"Lovin' You Easy"
"After You"
"Stuck With U"
"Saturn"
"Different"
"Changes"
"Fine Tune"
"If the World Was Ending"
"Over and Over Again"
"Take Me Home For Christmas"
"One I've Been Missing" ๐ŸŽ„
"Marry Me ๐Ÿ’”"
"Used to Love You Sober"
"Wonder"
"Gettin' in the Way"
"First Man"
"Lazy Day Afternoon"
"Hands to Myself"
"Leave Your Lover"
"Ticket To LA"
"You Ain't Here to Kiss Me"
"When You're Ready"
"Kingdom"
"Why"
"Photograph"
"Battleships"
"Every Other Weekend"
"Somewhere Love Remains"
"One Less Lonely Girl"
"Party For Two"
"Chances"
"If You Loved Me"
"You'll be in My Heart"
"Unapologize"
"I Was Made for Loving You"
"Roulette"
"Woman You Got"
"Sweetest Devotion"
"Tell Me"
"Grow As We Go"
"DNA"
"Into You"
"He Didn't Have to Be"
"Illicit Affairs" (Pt. 1)
"Illicit Affairs" (Pt. 2)
"Late to the Party"
"What I'm Leaving For"
"Steal My Love"
"Like I Want You"
"When You're Smiling" ๐ŸŽƒ
"Only Us"
"Visiting Hours"
"My Only Wish"๐ŸŽ
"Enemiez"
"Just a Little Bit of Your Heart"
"When We Were Young"
"18"
"Fire Meet Gasoline"
"Close as Strangers"
"Issues"
"Fix You"
"Don't Take the Girl"
"Everything"

"Sleeping With The Telephone"

1.8K 48 31
By 99girl000

A/N: Hello lovelies! Happy (official) summer! ☀️ This summer may look a bit different for most of us, but it's my hope that we can find a way to make the most of it by doing things that make us happy (which for me comes in the form of writing! 😊). So, I hope you like this new one! Happy reading! 🧡
Song: "Sleeping with the Telephone" by Reba McEntire (ft. Faith Hill)
Rating: Everyone

***

It's early in the evening, and you've been cleaning the house from top to bottom - anything to pass the time of an evening spent alone at home.

As you're finishing up the kitchen floor, the doorbell rings and you answer it, surprised to see your mom on the other side of the door.

She catches your puzzled look and questions, "Did you forget?"

Then, it dawns on you. "Oh gosh! I'm sorry. I didn't realize it's been two weeks already."

"We've been doing this for long enough now. You should be used to it," she jokes.

You and your mom started a new tradition not long after you and Mac got married. Since he's away so much for work, your mom comes over about once every two weeks on a night when Mac is gone, and you spend a mother-daughter game night together. It's her way of trying to keep you company and ease a bit of your anxiety while Mac is gone.

Welcoming her in, you put away all your cleaning supplies. "I was planning on going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I don't know what kind of snacks we have," you apologize while rummaging through the pantry.

"Well, good thing I came prepared, then." She holds up a bag full of your favorite snacks.

You give her a tight hug in gratitude. "What would I do without you?"

"A daughter will always need her mother. That is a tried and true fact."

"I am really glad you're here," you confess with a delicate smile.

"I knew who he was when I took his name. But, somehow knowin' is just not the same late at night. He knows the danger, but he does what he does. He calls it duty, but I call it love. So, here I am while he's gone to some foreign land."

Soon, you both set up the snacks and games, settling in around the dining room table.

"So, any idea where he's off to this time?" your mom asks, referring to Mac's latest escapade.

"I don't know exactly. I just know somewhere international. He left yesterday morning, and I haven't heard from him since. I mean, he usually at least texts me so I know he's okay."

You can't hide your worry no matter how hard you try, but you turn to the game in front of you, trying to distract your mind.

"I know that concerned look in your eyes. But, you need to get out of your own head. He knows what he's doing. You have to have faith in that," your mother pleads with you.

You sigh in frustration and defeat, "I know. Look, I knew what I was getting myself into when I married him. But, that doesn't mean it's not hard when he's gone for days on end and I have no clue where he is, when he's coming back, or when I'll even hear from him next."

"I know, honey. It takes a special kind of person to deal with all this uncertainty. But, you do it well. He knows that, and I also think he knows how lucky he is to have you." She watches as you look down, staring at the wedding ring around your finger - a symbol of your and Mac's undying commitment and fight for one another. She adds, "And I know how much you love each other. Every goodbye just makes every hello that much sweeter."

You give her a half-hearted smile. You know she's right. Of course she is. But, you still can't shake a bad feeling that's been weighing you down for the past few days. No matter what she says, she can't really understand what it's like when you have to constantly say goodbye to the person you love more than life itself.

***Flashback***

"I lose him in my darkest dreams. My blood runs cold, and my heart skips a beat. So I get up; I can't take anymore. Sometimes I hate how much I love him. But, every day I love him more."

You've found that there's an infuriating truth about dreams. The good ones are always cut short, and most of them you don't even remember by morning. But, the scary ones always last far too long and consume your memory - certain ones for nearly an eternity.

And, every now and then, you experience one that comes and won't go away, only reoccurring during your most vulnerable times, like a parasite that feeds on the weak.

This dream, or more accurately called a nightmare, usually happens the night before you know Mac has to leave for a mission.

This night is no different.

You're not sure where you are. All you know is that it's dark, cold, and silent... Until you begin to hear a voice echo through the void around you.

Instantly you recognize it's Mac's voice. He calls out to you, gently at first. But, then his calls grow with intensity until they eventually become screams.

Your heart rate spikes as you try your best to search and run toward the direction of his voice. But, it seems to be coming from every direction at once, and no matter how hard you fight, you can't move. Your legs feel like weights that won't budge against even the strongest of forces.

You try to call out to Mac, but nothing comes out. Finally, you fall to the ground, tears cascading down your face, banging the floor beneath you in anger....

You're quickly startled by the sound of your alarm clock, and you wake to find the sun shining outside but an empty spot next to you in bed.

First thing, you walk out into the kitchen to find Mac, and he gives you a smile. "Hey, I was about to come tell you goodbye."

He notices the still slightly shaken look on your face, and he asks, "Did you have the dream again?"

You consider fibbing and saying no, but it's no use. "Yeah."

He reaches for your hand, squeezing gently. "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." He then places a soft kiss on your lips.

"I know my dreams are crazy and paranoid, but please just be careful," you beg, placing a hand on his chest.

"I will. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. Now, go save the world."

"Yes, ma'am."

***Present time***

Later, it's nearing midnight, and you're wrapping up one last game with your mom.

"I didn't realize it was so late," she exclaims with a tired sigh. "I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun."

You offer, "You can stay here if you want instead of having to drive back home this late at night."

"That's okay. It's only a twenty-minute drive. As long as you'll be okay?"

"Of course. Don't be silly."

"Okay." She hugs you tight. "I love you, sweet pea."

"I love you too, Mom. Drive safe, and text me when you get home."

"I will. And, honey?"

"Yeah?"

"Smile. He'll be okay."

***

"And I cry 'cause I'm all alone. And the nights get so cold and long. And I try not to think he won't come home. But, I'm sleeping with the telephone."

Once she leaves and you lock up the house, you're left with the eerie silence of an otherwise empty home, and you sigh. You check your phone for possibly the two-hundredth time today, but there's still nothing from Mac.

You think out loud, "Mac, this isn't like you. I know you're busy, but give me something here. Anything."

Even though you know sleep is unlikely at this point, you decide to brush your teeth and put on your PJs for bed.

Soon, you crawl into bed, staring at the dark ceiling, your phone resting on the pillow next to you. Somehow, keeping the phone close gives you a little bit of solace.

You watch the clock on the nightstand as the seconds tick away, hoping your eyes will grow heavy with each tick.

You say a quick prayer for Mac and the team and for a sign to comfort the nervous feeling you've had in your stomach all day.

With that, after some time, sleep finally steals you.

***

"Something awakes me from where he should be......."

Tonight, it's a new nightmare that fills your subconscious instead of the usual one.

But, there's something about this one - something that feels almost too real, and you suddenly jolt awake. When you awaken, your recollection of the events of your dream is foggy, but a nauseous feeling sticks with you nonetheless.

You can vaguely remember what you think was the sound a phone ringing in your dream. So, you check your phone on the pillow just to make sure. But, the screen is empty.

When your eyes search the dark room, you're met with nothing but calm silence. Sleepily, you reach to the other side of the bed, Mac's side, but find nothing but smooth, cold sheets under your touch.

You close your eyes, knowing that sleep will soon consume you again.

And, as expected, the warm feeling of sleep nearly overcomes you once again until....

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

You jump at the harsh, piercing sound of your phone ringing.

A cold, shrill feeling fills your body. Your heart begins to race. A rush of adrenaline courses through your veins. And your stomach turns upside down.

You don't even have to answer the phone to know that something is very wrong...

"...I reach for him.... the telephone rings..."

A/N: Part two??? Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 224 19
This story is so awesome the writer isMaritimeSailorsCathedral From the website Fanfiction.net
31.3K 574 28
Adeline Kingsley is known for a lot of things, She knows a lot of people, been a lot of places, been through a lot of shit, and if there's one thing...
113K 1.9K 53
"A good relationship is a lot like a car, it'll work if you put some effort into it." -Angus MacGyver A compilation of imagines and one shots from th...
6K 100 12
Still reeling from MacGyver's cancellation before season 6 when MacRiley WOULD have happened. Here's what MacRiley would have looked like in the next...