Her Darkness, His Light (Book...

By SJSebastian

"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just th... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Chapter 30 (Part 3)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter (Just for You💖)
Book 2

Chapter 42

87.3K 3.9K 1.8K
By SJSebastian

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

############################

Third Person's POV

She staggered back in fright and brought both her hands before her. Aeval then kept her gaze on his chest as usual.

"You look happier, healthier. That's good," she stared ahead for a few seconds then gave a slight nod.

"Shall we take a walk around the gardens? You lead the way." She nodded at that too and it made the Dark Prince much happier.

She lead him in the direction that she was initially headed to. The pixies smiled at her but they were weary of the person walking at her side.

Prince Phoenix's POV

"I didn't even do anything to them and they're afraid already," I grumbled. My Little Flower looked in my direction with a frown, then back at those annoying, bright, colorful creatures. As we were walking, she reached out to them and many flew towards her like moths to a flame. She then looked towards my direction expectantly.

"No fucking way. I don't want them anywhere near me. Let's just walk...without them," I gritted out.

"A...alright Y..Your Highness."

"What?" I asked surprised at her sudden reply. She simply looked down timidly.

"What did you say? Say that again." There was a hint of demand in my tone which made her move back a little.

"Sorry. That came out a little harsh."

"I...just say...alright." She said softly. She was slowly getting all the words out and not the usual yes, no and maybe. I was so happy that I pulled her towards me and crushed her in a hug.

"You're talking." I blurted out while I lifted her up and spun her around.

"D..down.....pl..please." 

"Alright, I'm sorry. You just don't understand what it means to me," I said sincerely. She scrunched up her nose and stared ahead.

"For God's sake Little Flower, just look at me in the eye! Do I have to beg you?" She just looked away with her shoulders slumped. Obviously upset that I raised my voice. So I went closer to her until we were inches apart. I cupped her beautiful face in my hands and tilted her head up. She tried to move back but I didn't let her.

She immediately shut her eyes tightly. Why was I always scaring her?

"You are a royal fae creature, Little Flower. Do you have any idea what that means? You're a princess. Princess Ally...Fern...or something.....I don't recall but still, you are a princess," she just looked away again. I sensed a little worry in her but it was understandable. Not long ago she assumed that she was just a castle servant.

"Look at me." I whispered only for her ears.

She looked at her shoes for a moment, no doubt contemplating as to what to do next. Seconds passed and just when I thought she wasn't going to move, she slowly she lifted her twinkling eyes to meet mine.

The moment our eyes met, those eyes were the only thing I could look at. Nothing else. The sunlight was hitting her orbs, making them to shine and actually look glittery. She was truly a breathtaking creature.

"See? Not so hard was it? Look at me in the eye whenever you're with me Little Flower." Hey eyes didn't stray away even when I was done talking. She kept looking at me and for some reason I felt like she was looking into me. Her look was so intense I felt her looking deep inside of me.

I brought up my hand and caressed her cheek gently. Then I kissed her forehead. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes, Y...Your Highness."

"Again, you're not a servant anymore, you have never been one," I muttered the last part under my breath.

"Come on, show me around."

With that we walked across the gardens. She admired everything within her eyesight whereas me, I've visited a few times so there wasn't anything mind blowing for me. Once we were halfway through, she decided to sit in a small clearing which was surrounded by all types of plants. It was peaceful. There was a river not far from where we were, the sound of running waters somehow made the environment more serene. My Little Flower just closed her eyes and sat on the soft grass, relishing her surroundings. Her fiery hair swayed along with the soft breeze.

"Are you tired?" I asked after a while.

"Little..."

"You need to strengthen yourself. I hope the new environment will improve your health." She nodded at this.

"I will be leaving soon, Little Flower," she finally turned to look at me once I said those words. She no longer looked down, she was staring at me in the eye. "I have to go back and make plans for the war to come. Those giant trolls are not going to stop and they will be back real soon."

She looked at me for a long time before answering a quiet 'okay.'

I knew she had more questions burning inside that pretty head of hers but like always she held her tongue.

"Just ask. Whatever it may be." I ordered.

"A..Alex and I..Your Highn-"

"Will remain here, where you both belong." I said firmly. She gaped at me in shock. She looked adorable with her wide eyes and parted lips.

"Why does this surprise you?" she shrugged at my question and looked at her lap. "You thought I was going to drag you back to Red Kingdom?" I was genuinely curious about what goes on in her mind.

"I...I don't know." She whispered out.

"You will never be a servant again Little Flower, understand that. You're with your family now. Your real family. All I ask now is that you recover from everything that has happened to you. Please be happy. Please find your happiness and I hope that someday you will be able to forgive me." Her eyes held an unexplainable emotion at that moment. I just couldn't figure out what it was.

Sadness? Worry? Fear?

"What are you thinking?"

She shook her head slightly and looked at a few pixies nearby.

"C..can I give paper?" I looked at her with a raised brow. She seemed to be thinking hard.

"Paper? Why?" she then made a gesture of writing in her palm.

"A letter you mean?" she nodded.

"Yes you can but to whom?"

"My family there. I...I miss them," she said softly.

"I'll make sure they receive your letter. I can't do much for them now, I hope you understand."

"Thank you Your-"

"Try Prince Phoenix instead." I cut her off. I didn't like her calling me Your Highness all the damn time.

"Thank you Prince Phoenix," she muttered hesitantly, trying to avoid eye contact. My name rolled out beautifully from her lips. Its gave me a warm feeling.

"Just because I'm going back to perform my duties doesn't mean I'm going to leave you here just like that," the words flew out of my mouth before I could stop them. Although they unintentionally came out rough, I meant each word. "You will always be my Little Flower. Only mine. Never, ever forget that." I pulled her close to me planted a kiss on her forehead before she could react.

"D..don't...."

"Right......I...I apologize. But hear this, I'm not going to let you go so easily my Little Flower. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not sure when I'll be coming back. I want you to understand that I'll never ever stop fighting for you." As I said those words, I looked deeply into her eyes. They were swirling with so many emotions.

"I'm not going to hurt you, ever." I brought my face closer to hers as I stared at her full, pink lips. She was slightly shaky in my arms so I forced my desires to the back of my mind. I couldn't hurt her. She just went through a horrific episode and I should be helping her come out of it. I couldn't have her painting me as another monster. The rest of the world can call me that but not her.

Anyone but her. 

I already treated her badly. And realised my actions a little too late. So now I have to fix my mistake. No matter what. No matter how long it takes. Even if she doesn't forgive me, I can't let her see me as a monster.

I simply gazed upon the beauty before me as my mind ventured into various thoughts. I saw that she had shut her eyes tightly. I couldn't help but clear my throat, gaining her attention. That's when she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me through her long lashes. "I won't make you uncomfortable ever again. At least I'll try my best not to."

She continued to look deep into my eyes as if figuring out whether or not I was telling the truth. A moment later, I noticed delicate understanding in her pretty eyes. It was there for just a fraction of a second.

"Beautiful," I muttered. Just then we heard laughter somewhere close. I swiftly turned around while my Little Flower covered her face with her hands. I was greeted with the sight of a few annoying pixies. Some were laughing and others were making kissy faces. Some were fucking pointing and explaining the situation to other pixies.

"Get lost before I freeze all of you!" They all dispersed but they still didn't stop giggling like maniacs. I turned back to my girl and saw a slight blush on her cheeks. She looked extremely uncomfortable at that moment so I didn't want to make her feel worse.

"Come, it's getting late." She stood up immediately.

~~~~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

"You're late."

"Not that late. It's only five in the evening."

"You've been gone for hours." King Sindrion gritted. There was a dangerous look in his eyes. One strictly reserved for protective fathers. The Fae king knew full well that there was something going on between the Dark Prince and his Aeval.

"Stop stressing King Sindrion, you will age faster."

"I am immortal so I can stress however much I want!!" the girl standing next to Prince Phoenix flinched at her father's tone. "Aeval dear, go see your mother in our chambers. She's been asking for you," he said softly, switching his tone to a full one eighty.

The girl headed towards the stairs and once she was out of sight, King Sindrion Celeste glared at the Dark Prince. Thankfully Alex walked in before anything happened. He could feel the tension in the hall where the two of them stood head to head.

"Whoa, what's going on?" Alex walked closer to them.

"What do you want with my daughter Phoenix?" The prince narrowed his eyes at the King and looked away after a few moments. He wondered if the king had already learnt of his daughter's brutal experience in the castle.

Had Queen Aurora told him? Definitely not yet. The prince realized he would have been dead if King Sindrion knew everything.

"Answer me Prince!!" Even though Prince Phoenix didn't appreciate the King's attitude, he understood him.

"You are a smart being, you should know by now." Prince Phoenix murmured.

"Know what?" King Sindrion was slowly losing his patience. 

Prince Phoenix fisted his hands by his sides tightly and closed his eyes for a few moments. He wasn't prepared for this.

To hell with everything of course he should have been prepared! He knew damn well he was going to face her parents so why was this so difficult?!

He knew this day would come ever since he learnt about her true identity. 

He let out a heavy breath and looked directly at the fuming King that stood before him.

"I like her. I more than like her," he said with much difficulty.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I'm in love with your daughter."

~~~~~~~~

"What's all that noise, sweetheart?"

"Don't know. Argument?"

"Sounds about right. Let's go downstairs," Queen Aurora and Aeval walked out of the room and headed downstairs, following the loud noise. It led them to the main hall.

They were greeted by a very angry looking King Sindrion and a calm looking Prince Phoenix. Alex was in the middle trying to explain things but he wasn't really successful in calming his father down.

"We can talk about this father," her son spoke.

"I will not blindly allow such a thing! There is no way this is happening!"

"You don't have to blindly allow anything. You can talk about it." Alex tried again.

The Fae king stepped away from his son. "You want me to talk about it?! Alright then!" he pointed a finger at the Dark Prince. "You will not have my daughter! You will not court her!!" That earned him a deadly glare from the Prince. The room instantly became cold. He was going to spit something out but he stopped himself when he heard a loud gasp.

All of them turned towards a very shocked Aeval Florentine. Queen Aurora just shook her head at her husband. "How long have you two been standing there?" Alex asked and looked worriedly at his pale sister. Everyone knew the Prince had developed feelings for her. Everyone knew except her. Hopefully, now she fully understands.

Queen Aurora got the message at once. She turned towards her daughter. "So, he never confessed anything to you?" Aeval couldn't look away from the Prince.

He wanted her like that? She thought to herself.

"Can we just calm ourselves? Enough with the drama. How about we talk things over dinner? This is a small matter that can be solved. Seriously, there is another war coming. There have been signs of trolls not far beyond our borders. I think that's a more pressing issue." Alex tried. The King glared at his son.

"This is a lot more pressing."

"Seriously?" Alex gave his father a blank look.

"Alright boys. Both of you follow me." Queen Aurora dragged them away out of the main hall, leaving Aeval and Prince Phoenix alone.

Once they were out, the Prince lifted his eyes to look at his Little Flower. There were stress lines on her forehead indicating that she was thinking hard.

He took slow steps towards her. Her breathing became heavy once she noticed him come closer. "Please don't run."

"Wh...what was that?" her breathing was still ragged. He stood in front of her hoping she wouldn't disappear.

"Calm down Little Flower, breathe," he didn't need to say much. His voice alone calmed her and steadied out her heartbeat.

"Look at me." He said softly. She did as she was told.

"You don't have to ask me what I meant a while ago. You already know. Deep down, in your heart, you know. I always had feelings for you. Ever since the first time I laid my eyes on you. I remember that day like it happened yesterday. I came into my chambers from a long, shitty meeting and found you there. I remember being so angry that there was a stranger in my room, but when you came out from behind the curtains and looked my way, all the rage halted. One look and that's all it took for me to be entirely captivated by you. You always took me by surprise. The way you handled a vacuum cleaner, the way you talked to flowers. You were an exquisite creature in my eyes," the Prince poured out. His words had the girl frozen in her spot.

"Me being the person that I am, I ruined everything good. I ruined you. I broke you. I took away your smile and happiness. I destroyed your light with my darkness and I wasn't there to stop those people from doing whatever they did to you and that is something I can't erase. I am ashamed of myself, I truly am but I can't stop loving you. That's right, there I said it!! I've always loved you Little Flower and I will never stop loving you because I simply can't. I don't have the strength to let you go," he said and looked down. At that point, it didn't matter if she had anything to say or not. He felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. This time his breath was heavy. He shut his eyes, and allowed everything to sink in.

He took a few moments before he opened his eyes and looked at her. What he saw confused him. He looked at her puzzled and worried. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she looked up at him.

"Y..you speak the t...truth?" her voice trembled as she spoke.

"From the bottom of my heart. I meant each and every word. It is the truth." A single tear escaped her eye. The Prince wiped it immediately with his thumb.

"T..then, I forgive you." She said looking up at him.

#################################

Well, that's all for now! Gotta go!! There's a war coming

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 99K 56
👑1 in Queen Series👑 (Warning: Dark themes & sexual assault) I will have you...all of you, Esmerleda," he said as his eyes raked over my body. I tr...
148 25 23
After he lost his throne to the hands of his younger brother, Reginald is banished from the vampire kingdom, never to return, and sent to the human r...
201K 4.9K 40
"Don't you get it? You know when you try to run away, punishment like this happens." he said teasingly, squeezing my chest. I gasped for air, I reall...
102 6 5
I gasped sharply when, in the midst of it all, his long fingers penetrated me, causing my walls to clench around his fingers. The sensation was elect...