How To Act Gay [LiLo]

By lilacdreams-

Louis Tomlinson is a struggling, out of job actor who finally lands a possibly career changing role-- playing... More

How To Act Gay
[1] The Goddamn Role.
[2] The Character.
[3] The Audition.
[5] The Awkwardness.
[6] The Threesome.
[7] The Crush.
[8] The Confusion.
[9] The Secret.
[10] The Progress.
[11] The First Day.
[12] The Visit.
[13] The Day Off.
[14] The Question.
[15] The Interview.
[16] The Social Media.

[4] The Not-Gay Actor.

14.4K 970 648
By lilacdreams-

LIAM'S POV:

"He was pretty good, I mean the kid has potential," Will said gruffly as Sadie chimed in agreement.

"And he has the physique that perfectly fits our character!" Sadie tapped the wooden table excitedly-- almost seeming too excited for a woman in her late thirties-- and I chuckled along with a normally stoic Brian while Will's lips quirked up just a tad.

"And not to mention, we'll gave him his break," I added thoughtfully, meeting Will's eyes who smiled a tiny smile and nodded inderstandingly.

"His tapes and pieces from other TV shows weren't half bad," Brian droned with a shrug. "But, eh."

I resisted the urge to throw a glare at Brian. I wanted the guy to get this role not only because he screamed potential, but because I could feel that chemistry between us, the chemistry I feel when I meet and instantly click with a co-star, and which I've experienced many times in my eight year career.

After discussing a few more points and a few previous auditions and auditioneers, they all turned to me and asked for my opinion because hey, the character is supposed to be my character's love interest.

I shrugged, and tapped Louis Tomlinson's profile laid on my desk with my pen. "Him."

Sadie squealed and Brian groaned, leaning his head in his hands.

Will nodded. "Fine then. Let's call him back in."

A few minutes later, Louis shuffled into Will's spacious office, trying hard to mask his nerves as he sunk into the chair, tapping his Vans on the floor and ocassionally tugging his beanie, or twisting the script in his hands.

"You got the role." Damn. There's thing called suspense, Will.

Louis' foot halted it's tapping, and he assessed all of our faces to see if we were fibbing. But then he believed it.

"Sir? Is the role actually mine?" He gasped, still in disbelief, his voice hoarse.

"Yes, Louis," I answered with a smile to ease him. "I can already feel the on-screen chemistry between us," I said, meeting Louis' eyes, who seemed like he'd realised the same thing as well, his face betraying how unbelievably happy he was. I could see it.

"Well congratualtions, Mr. Tomlinson," Will said. "Let's discuss the details. Shooting scedules and salary and whatnot."

As Will started discusssing the above mentioned things with Louis-- who was almost jumping in his seat, his lips constantly stretched into a wide smile-- I was called to re-shoot a scene, but the secondary directer had to do it as Will was busy.

• • •

"We finally got the guy, yeah, the gay guy, and then they had to re-shoot a scene. I'm heading home as we speak," I informed my Irish best friend on the other line, speaking around a mouthful of chocolate I snagged from the set, as I walked between the rows of the Gold Sun Studios' private parking lot, the place almost deserted even though it was just past noon. I'd been here for the whole days the past few weeks so I think I deserved an early day home as my schedule was clear.

He hooted. "We need some serious one-on-one time and Chinese, mate! I have shitload to tell you, and I think I might have even fallen in love," Niall sighed dreamily, and I rolled my eyes at the last part.

"Ni. You fall in love every two weeks," I dead-panned and Niall scoffed.

"I got a feeling deep inside, hotter than a jet stream burning up!" Niall declared dramatically, and I hummed sarcastically, finishing the last of my chocolate bar as I stuffed the wrapper in the pocket of my jean jacket, and fishing my keys out of the other as I held my phone against my ear and shoulder.

"Well, I'm finally out. Save the chatter and Chinese for when I actually show up at--"

I stopped for a second then laughed under my breath as I saw the guy who got the role of Logan Whitlock, --Fit-Ass guy, yeah, that one-- leaning against his car, eagerly flipping through the bulky script, ocassionally mumbling curses and shaking his head. I thought he already left? How long did Will retain the poor guy?

"You there? You hit a deer or somethin'?" Niall enquired from the other side, and I looked away from Mr. Fit Ass who still hadn't seen me.

"Ah, no. I'll be home soon, yeah? Bye babe," I said pleasantly, and after hearing Niall's reply, hung up.

I walked the remaining distance to my shiny red Audi that I'd bought from my hard-earned money, and Beanie Boy still hadn't noticed me.

He had managed to stuff the script in his man-purse by now, and was... mumbling to his car. What? I scooted closer curiously, and also because my car was literally parked next to his.

"Don't lose your self esteem baby, your rustiness has a vintage charm that never gets old," he cooed to his car, as he glared daggers at my baby as if it were actually harassing his piece of junk, and despite trying to keep quiet, an amused chuckle escaped my lips.

The guy, Louis, turned around swiftly, his tan cheeks tinting pink as he bit his lip. He jutted his thumb towards what he just called his baby. "Uh, just trying to pep talk my car so it doesn't give up on me on the way," he explained with a cute, nervous titter, and I laughed again, nodding as if I understood.

"Uh, sure." I then smiled at him and he smiled back, albiet a bit uneasily.

"You don't have to be nervous around me, Louis," my lips quirked up, "We have to act as lovers now. Congratulations on snagging the role by the way," I added, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my jacket, grimacing when my hands came in contact with candy wrappers.

Louis was definitely an unknown actor as of now, and I had seen the spark of happiness in his eyes when Will had said yes. It was the same spark I's had when I'd recieved a yes from Will Baker. And that's why I had urged them to give Louis, --the only unknown actor who Will had miraculously agreed to audition-- the coveted role.

Louis chuckled softly, lightly scuffing the edge of his black Vans on the concrete. "Thanks so much Liam, really. It means a lot coming from you. And this is possibly the happiest day of my life," Louis said with a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes like before, when he was talking to his metal bucket which he obviously must've bought with his hard earned money.

"I sense a but here," I urged, then grinned. "No pun intended."

Louis laughed instantly, his nose crinkling up and the laugh lines around his eyes becoming more prominent. "Good one. But yeah," he sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck. "It's crazy weird actually."

"How so?" I leaned against my car, lightly crossing my arms over my chest.

Louis bit his lip again. "I know I sound like an asshole by talking bad about the role that just saved my non-existent career, but I'm not gay. At all. But my best friend is gay but that's not the point. Ugh. I'm a non-gay guy playing a gay role! This isn't a big deal but I've never played such challenging roles before so this is freaking me the fuck out!" Louis rambled as he started pacing in from of his car; I processed his words.

Well, he was a damn good actor. I think he can pull his off easily. And he kinda has no choice if he wants a career. "You played an sassy, epileptic British guy with a stomach virus in House M. D. I think you can handle playing a sarcastic gay guy with a cute bum, and I can work well with you, like I said. On-screen chemistry," I shrugged, and Louis was thinking over my words. But that much was true. I can see Louis and I will hit it off with the on-screen stuff.

"Every role is different. But once you prepare a mind-set that you have to play this character, get in the character's shoes, the feelings come naturally," I enlightened as I unlocked my car and got in, while Louis was still intently listening to my words; all he needed was to whip a notepad and pencil out.

"It will be a matter of time before I fall in love with you, eh?" Louis then said cheekily, and I laughed with a fervent nod, pointing to my head.

"See? You finally got it up here!" I started up my car, revving the engine as my baby purred sexily.

Not trying to make Louis jealous, 'course not.

"Hope to see you on Friday, aka your first ever day on the set," I added, as I leaned out the window, smiling at Louis who too was getting into his car. He then scrambled out halfway, yelling at me to stop.

Louis dug into his sling-bag and pulled out a... diary? Yeah. And offered it to me with a pen through the window. It was a glittery pink one with my name is swirly writing over it. Uh. I looked up at Louis with an amused smirk, who was smiling at me, then his eyes widened in horror.

"Oh God, no! That's not mine! That's my aforementioned gay best friend's, who's throwing a party as we speak because I got the role and wants to have your babies," Louis rambled and I can safely say I haven't been more amused than anuone before. But maybe this best friend will beat him.

"Okay," I chuckled as I flipped open the diary, trying to ignore the stuff written there about me. "What's his name?"

"Zayn Beyoncé Malik, I swear to God," Louis rolled his eyes fondly, and I just grinned, and with a shake of my head, wrote out a cute messgage for the bloke, returning the diary to Louis.

"Thanks. And, uh, thanks for the advice Liam. I'm glad you're a nice guy and not, well, not like Damian Rush," Louis chuckled lightly, absently twisting the strap of his bag, and I sighed, then smiled with a shrug.

"Good for me, eh?"

"I guess, hah. See ya!" Louis waved lastly as he got into his baby, and I found myself smiling again. I can tell Louis and I will get along well.

• • •

you and louis will get along more than well, dear liam *smirks*

hope you liked this update, cute lilo friendship has began, aka step one!

ANSWERRRRR LOVELIES!

question #1 more zarry (like zayn and harry povs, an actual back story) or nah?

question #2 niall's love interest: a girl or ashton irwin (nashton) CHOOSE! NIALLER IS ALREADY IN LAHVE! :D

VOTE

COMMENT #LiLoFuckAlready

LOVE MEEEE

~ramieee (;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 424 60
Harry left Louis, after admitting to cheating on him. Louis turns to a few things to take away the pain, but is truly helped when him and Liam start...
73.1K 4.1K 17
As Louis Tomlinson lies to his mother about having a boyfriend, he asks Liam Payne, his best friend, to pretend to be boyfriends for a couple of week...
76.6K 1.9K 16
Harry is head over heels for Louis but what happens when he realizes Louis is not who he thought he was! Being in an abusive relationship with Louis...
4K 53 2
Pornstar!AU. Louis is a pornstar with more issues than he can drink away. Harry is a bisexual singer/songwriter who is desperate to be signed to a ma...