Alpha Without a Pack...

By Puppies59

She was born to lead a pack, but she's just starting her journey to freedom and family... Sidney Blake never... More

Deleting Account Notice
Vote for new Cover
Short Character bio's
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
The End (sort of)

Chapter 8

6.6K 319 21
By Puppies59

                                      Sidney

The next morning Zach texted to inform me that he needed me to make a run to town for the sanctuary, giving me a budget to work with too. So I went about my usual morning routine but instead of heading straight to the sanctuary I turned towards town. Apparently I was supposed to be picking up a shipment of food for the animals and also finding a few enrichment items for their enclosures. I went to the hardware store and the pet shop in town to pick up some stuff for enrichment, then I picked up the food Zach had ordered for the sanctuary. 

The whole process took about two hours so I was eager to get heading for the sanctuary, that was when I saw the car on the side of the road. It was a blue 2002 Ford Taurus, a car I knew well enough and since it seemed to be having car trouble I decided to be a good Samaritan and pull over to help out. The moment I opened my car door I regretted pulling over, but I was already here and not about to tuck tail and run from a couple male wolves. "Bro I told you this car was a piece of s***, what's even wrong with it this time!?" The boy with the mouse grey hair shouted to the other. 

"Hey, it's a good car, she just has a few issues." The guy with bleached blond hair and electric blue eyes defended. "No it's a piece of junk that's falling apart." The first one retorted loudly, they still were too busy arguing to have noticed me. "Car troubles boys?" I called loud enough to get their attention as their eyes snapped towards me in surprise. "Hey, it's Black Fork girl." The bleach blond said with a frown. "Sidney Blake, yeah. Just because you idiotic jerks annoyed me yesterday doesn't mean I can't be nice, I am your new neighbor after all." I scoffed out softly as they both studied me.

 "Well I'm Daniel Jones and this is my idiot brother Jason, he's the owner of this scrap heap." The boy with mouse grey hair introduced himself and his brother, I noted the last name clicked with them being related to the pack beta. "If you want I can take a look at her, I have my tools in the back?" I voiced as I nodded to the trunk of my car. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Jason asked uncertainly. 

"I was a part time mechanic before I moved here, so I'd say I've got a pretty good idea what I'm doing." I snorted back at him as he shared a look with his brother. I could sense their wolves were about a mid dominance ranking, I wasn't fond of the strength emitting from them but I knew I was stronger so it wasn't too much of a problem. "I guess it couldn't hurt." Jason murmured out. I nodded back to him as I went to grab my tools from the trunk, it was time to get to work. 

                                    Daniel

She was fascinating this newcomer Sidney Blake, not only did she appear unfazed by any of us but she also knew her way around a car engine. Asher and Tucker were going to love that little tidbit, considering it wasn't everyday you got to meet a hot female mechanic. She currently was working with some gadget under the cars hood, and considering I didn't know much about the mechanic stuff I settled in to enjoy the view of her jean clad a** while she worked. "Okay try starting her now!" She called to Jason as he turned the key in the ignition, and the scrap heap miraculously sputtered to life. 

"It works!" Jason cheered. "For now, but you've got a bad starter so you need to get that fixed. I did a temporary fix on it but I don't have what I need to fix it up properly. If you want I can make sure you get to the nearest mechanic shop without getting stuck on the side of the road again?" Her question was posed with a look between the two of us. "One of our buddies owns a shop not that far from here, if you want to make sure we can get the trash heap there it would help." I sigh out and she nods, maybe Gavin had a point about the girl. Was letting her stick around really so bad?

                                   Jason

I had never been happier that my car was a true piece of junk, it had just got me an introduction with the hottest girl in the area. Sure there was some decent girls in town but none of them could really compare to how gorgeous, fascinating and challenging Sidney Blake was. She ended up agreeing to follow us to Asher's shop so we would not have to push the car there if it broke down again.

 I couldn't keep the grin from my face as she pulled up to the Nolan's Cars sign beside us, I loved my trash heap so much right now. Asher having heard us pull up had come to complain about my car again but quickly quieted as he noticed the human girl climbing out of her car beside us. I sent a grin his way, he might want me to buy a new car, but he was going to love my scrap heap when he found out it brought the new girl to his garage.

                                Sidney

So it was the golden haired male with blue eyes that had himself a car shop, I found myself scanning his muscular built form as he observed me as well. "What is she doing here?" He directed softly toward the other two boys. "I'm just helping your buddies get here to get their starter fixed, I got it running temporarily but he's going to need a new starter sooner rather than later." I jabbed a thumb in the direction of the boys car as all three males turned towards me. "You fixed it up for them?" Blondie asked. 

"Duh grease monkey, how else would they get here? Besides I said its a temporary only, they need a new starter and I made sure they made it here for one." I huff out in response. "Turns out she was a mechanic before she moved here, pretty cool huh Ash? Sidney this is our buddy Asher Nolan his Aussie behind owns this shop." Jason smirked to his blond friend. I had noticed a bit of an accent, good to know the origin was Australian. "How good were you?" Asher voices with a tilt of his head, he seemed genuinely curious instead of the usual sexist remarks I was often greeted with.

"Decent enough to be trusted with my own projects at the shop I worked for, it's not exactly difficult when you know what you're doing." I shrugged back to him as he popped the boys hood and inspected my work before turning back to me with a nod. "That's a lot better than most of the temporary jobs I've seen, you certainly know what you're doing." Asher said in praise, except my attention was drawn to another figure emerging from the shop. It was the only one of their pack I hadn't been introduced to yet, the light brown haired and hazel eyed male studied me curiously. 

"Uh hey, I'm Emmett Miller and I'm also free tonight if you want to hang out?" The male winked flirtatious and I couldn't help but snort my amusement as his grin widened. "No thanks, I've got a date to Netflix and chill with my pets tonight." I shook my head at the idiot. "Maybe I could join you?" He crooned out slowly. "No thanks M&M, after the last time I'm not too excited to have any of you jerks over at my place." I retorted and he pulled back curiously to study me a moment. "You really aren't like the other girls, nobody turns down me or Micah around here." He commented with a playful shake of his head. "It's not my fault your game sucks." I muttered as I leaned in towards him and watched him straighten, he flared his nostrils at me considering he had no idea of my intentions.

                               Emmett

I was trying to test her scent as she eyed me straight on, her close proximity was throwing me off my game, not helping the fact she'd just insulted my man pride. "I honestly pity the girl that would fall for such a pitiful excuse for flirting." Her words were a purr as her eyes held mine firmly, it took a moment for the words to register as I heard the rest of the guys chuckling. "Hey!" I defended instantly with an annoyed growl only to have all my anger leave me as she actually chuckled at my response.

 The sound was so light and free that all of us couldn't help watching her in silent awe as the small grin on her face slowly ebbed away with her chuckles dying off. "You really are too easy, I've got to get back to the sanctuary now." She stated with the shake of her head as she turned for her car. I wanted to get her to stay but my mind was a jumbled mess on how to keep her here just a bit longer, so it was a blessing when Ash had something to get her attention. I wanted to know more about her, I wanted her to call me M&M again, I wanted her to like me like I already liked her.

                                       Asher

I had been so busy admiring her beauty and the fact that she actually knew her way around an engine that I completely forgot she worked at the sanctuary with Gavin. "Hey, wait a second!" I called after her and she paused to turn back and tilt her head at me in question. "I was going to call Gavin to come and get them but since you're here, do you think you can help me with something?" I hated the slight uncertainty in my tone but I needed her to stay a little longer. "What?" She questioned warily.

 "A pair of birds built a nest in my shop and a cat got the parents." I mumble towards her, she shuts her car door and strolls back over to our group with a frown. I catch Emmett posturing for her in my peripheral but she doesn't seem to notice as she looks to me intently, and I can't help staring back at the way her hazel eyes shine. "Are you sure they got both parent birds? Do you know what kind of bird it is? How long has it been since they've been fed?" She suddenly has me under rapid fire questions and I'm surprised by the intensity she has for the unknown baby birds.

 "Well I don't know what kind of bird it was, the parents were small and brownish. There was a cat that caught one a few days ago so I was keeping an eye on the other parent coming to feed the baby birds and this morning another cat got that one too. I would guess they haven't eaten for a few hours at least." I answered honestly. "Show me where the nest is." She urged eagerly and I led the way inside as I nodded towards the corner they were hidden in. The nest wasn't far off the ground but it was hidden far back on a shelf cluttered with car parts, keeping the baby birds safe from cat reach.

 "I didn't move the shelf yet because I didn't want something to fall on the nest." I said slowly. "Good move, but we still have to get them out somehow." She stated as she studied the shelf and whistled softly only to get the peeping of the birds in response. Then the next thing I know she's crawling in between the clutter on the bottom shelf and wiggling her way back to the nest, before pulling the entire thing down carefully. I helped pull her back out and steadied her on her feet as she stared in at the nest of babies with beaks wide open and begging for food.

 "All five of them look hungry and a little chilled, I think they're baby house wrens." She murmured softly as she clutched the nest closer to her, a softness had appeared on her features so suddenly that it left me intrigued. She seemed to be stern, cold and distant towards the world and people around her, but watching her with the nestlings showed a caring warmth far greater than I knew anyone else to possess. It made me wonder why she didn't smile more, and how in the world we could change that? It was an insane thought that I quickly shook from my head, she was an outsider it was none of my business.

"They look to be a little over a week old so I'd guess they have another week or so before leaving the nest, poor babies." She cooed before whistling a soft tune that the birds quickly responded to. "You're pretty good at that." I commented lightly, but she never took her eyes off the small birds as she shrugged. "I should get them back to the sanctuary so they can get warmed up and have a proper feeding. Thanks for letting me know about them." Her eyes met mine and I smiled to her nod of gratitude, outsider or not I wanted her to stay. She called a quick goodbye as she climbed into her car with the nest in her lap and drove off, I'd never been so envious of Gavin's job until now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 273 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan
234K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...