Powerless {A.K.}

By XIXJJXIX

"The last time i felt so much peace with someone i got my heart ripped out and thrown back at me like a baseb... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.*
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.*
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.*
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.

26.

625 26 13
By XIXJJXIX

"Hey, T, Do you remember when we first met?" Jack randomly asked in the silence. We were all sitting on the bus doing our own projects on the way to the next venue.

"Yeah why?" I answer, not looking up from my phone.

"What made you say yes?"

I pause to think back on the memory. Freshman year was when I met Jack. Everything was sorta a blur now, but I remember that exact moment that changed my life forever.

"Hey, uh, v-victoria, right?" A voice called from down the hallway. I turned to face the man, confused as to why a senior wanted to talk to me. We were totally different levels. Everyone knew that freshmen and seniors don't have contact.

"Yes? Barakat, right?" I respond and he nods some, rubbing the back of his neck. He seemed to be studying me, focusing hard, trying to find the right words.

"I-i've seen your pictures- uh- For yearbook! They're really good and i- I was wondering if you'd help me with something." He couldn't keep eye contact and stuttered, looking at the ground in embarrassment.

"What do you need help with?" I ask, closing my locker. It was the end of the day and I wouldn't need anything until tomorrow.

"I'm in this uh- kinda shitty band- and well we need a photographer for our first show tonight. There's only gonna be like 30 people there but it would mean a lot to at least have some pictures from it. If you're busy thats okay i- I can figure it out I just- it means a lot to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need help." He rambles, laughing some at the end.

"I'll do it." I sling my bag over my shoulder and he smiles, raising his head up to look me in the eyes.

"Really? Holy shit thank you! I'll pick you up at 5 and i- wait where do you live? That sounds creepy. Fuck i-"

"515, Brookeville road." I cut him off so he would stop panicking. I giggle some, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'll be there at 5, I promise. Thank you so much Tori."

"See you then, Jack." I smile at the new nickname.

"Y-you know my name?"

"Jack, I work with yearbook. I know everyone, unfortunately." I laugh and he blushes some.

"Well I'll see you later then. Have a great day!" He says and runs off and knocks directly into another boy with a similar haircut as him but without the blonde streaks. They began yelling and I laugh some, walking away.

"You were different. No one had ever actually respected me before then." I say, shrugging.

"Seriously?" Zack asks and i nod.

"Yeah i was a nerd. The fact that Jack even knew my name was a shocker, let alone that I existed. Why suddenly ask?" I laugh, stretching some. We only had about 5 minutes left until we were there.

"Do you regret it?" Jack asks, looking over at me. His big brown puppy dog eyes were glazed over with what looked like tears.

"Of course not. Jack you made my life so much better. You all have. I'm not with...her.. Anymore." I say, frowning some.

"I know but sometimes I feel like you don't want us around. I feel like you don't want me around." He sighs.

"That's the most bullshit statement in the world. I love you guys. More than anything."

"More than Awsten?" Jack asks and my heart sinks. I couldn't choose one. The love of my life or my bestfriends. I hoped and prayed to god i would never have to make that choice.

"You shouldn't have to even ask that." I stand up and go to my bunk, grabbing my camera bag. I sit on my bed, setting everything up.

The bus comes to a stop and I put everything back in my bag, standing up. Everyone was rushing around to grab their stuff and I walk out, searching for Awsten. He was pacing around the bus, muttering various curse words.

"Geoff I don't know what to do. She's fucking coming back and I can't make her go away. I can't handle seeing her again Geoff I just cant!" Awsten yells and I step back, not wanting to get involved.

"You have Tori. Ciara doesn't even fucking matter now. Right?"

"Yes but what if-"

"No, Awsten. We'll have security kick her out if she starts shit. You'll be fine. I'll make sure of it." Geoff reassures  him and i walk away, trying to not overthink the situation. Ciara just came to watch the show. That's it. Right?

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Tori can you come here for a sec?" Otto asks and I nod, walking over to the drumkit.

"What's up otter?" I happily ask and his expression lifts some but drops bad to the dull and disappointed look he previously wore.

"I just, I want to warn you. Ciara is coming to the show tonight and Awsten is gonna act so different. He's not good with her. He's not himself with her. But with you he is. Just.. please don't wear your heart on your sleeve tonight. Or for the next week.." He says, sighing. He glances over at Awsten who was sitting on the far side of stage, staring out into space.

"Thanks, Otto. I'll be careful." I force a small smile and he hugs me.

"You don't have to do this tonight. Jawn is perfectly content with taking over the entire show." He whispers and i sigh, hugging back.

"I don't want to let anyone down." I whisper back.

"Tori please, just don't come tonight. It'll be better for you."

"Okay.." We pull apart and I walk over to Jawn.

"Is it okay if i-"

"We've already worked it all out. Have a break for once, love." He says, smiling.

"Thanks Jawn. I'll make it up to you." I smile back and make my way outside to the bus where I run into Alex.

"Sorry A." I say, walking onto the bus and he follows me, closing the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow.

"Daaaad I wanna stay home today." I whine like a kid and laugh some. His expression doesn't change.

"Okay fine. Otto and Jawn said for me to stay away from the show for tonight because Awsten's ex is coming and-"

"And why does that effect you? That bitch has nothing to do with you. You're a confident and strong woman who should never be a coward in the face of misery."

"Make that a lyric."

"I'm serious, you know."

"I know Alex. I'm just gonna chill tonight. Okay?"

"Okay. If you need me, you know where I'll be." He says, walking off the bus. I sigh, plopping down onto the couch. Everything was gonna be okay.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Tori we're going out, wanna go?" Jack yells from outside the bus and I cringe as the hoard of men bursts into the bus.

"None of you learned your lesson from last time, eh?" I ask.

"Alcohol is fun." He says, shrugging. I roll my eyes, looking back at my computer. I was currently watching anime.

"Sooooo wanna go?" He asks, making puppy dog eyes.

"Nope, I'm too involved in this show. I have to find out if-"

"It'll be here when we get baaaack."

"No, Jack, no." I say sternly and he sighs.

"Okay, okay, I get it. We'll be back later." He sighs and the boys all start to say their goodbyes. I say bye to them all and they leave me to enjoy my anime and fruit punch.

Hours later, the drunks stumble back onto the bus with a very annoyed Otto and mildly entertained Lucas.

"Could've used the help tonight but I'm glad you and Awsten had a date night." Otto says, pushing the boys towards the bunks.

"Date night? I thought he went with you?"

"He told me he was gonna stay with you?" Otto questions and my eyes widen. He lied to us. That's when my heart dropped. Ciara.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 6.1K 177
[COMPLETE] Awsten Knight is in the aftermath of his break up, preparing for almost a full year of touring. He's going through his days mindlessly, a...
77K 1.6K 44
T H E E N D W A S N T O U R S T O F E A R B U T A L L T H A T M E A N S I S A N E W B E G I N N I N G - #1 in awste...
60.8K 1.7K 94
in which awsten makes a tumblr blog for the new year -- awsten: if i died, u would cry once. its like your cat dying, not even your favorite cat. jus...
91.7K 2.6K 33
[BOOK 1 OF SUGAR SERIES] "Can I ask you something? Don't get upset, promise?" When photographer Stella Taylor finds herself working with Waterparks o...