Eyes Opened

By Winterbunny13

Story following a female reader x companions arc of Skyrim. Relationships will be focused on Vilkas ( because... More

Prelude
The Grand Mead Hall
A Modest Proposal
The Road Never Traveled
A Bar in a Sewer?
You can do that?
Life of Your Own
Setting up Shop
Eyes on the Prey
The Cauldron
Surprise
Adjustment
Wuuthrad
The Trial
The Lone Wolf
Watchtower by Dusk
NightGate
Romeo and Juliet
Gray-Mane
Thalmor
Skjor and Aela
Wisdom
Confrontation
Dragons
Tally
Hitting the Books
Judgement & Test
Underforge
Ice Brains Sometimes Melt
acceptance
Silver Lining
Her Time of Need
Family Ties
One Missed Chance
Witches
Homecoming
Skyforge
High Hrothgar
The Dragon Born
Ice Breaker
Like Riding A Horse
The Companions, Whole
Proof Enough
Haunted Memories
Hope
Diplomatic Immunity
Eyes On The Horizon
Innocence
Honeymoon
Rat In The Corner
Author note
Silver Tongue
The Knowledge of the Elders
Madness Becomes Her
Trial By Fire
Truce
Eye Of the Storm
Errand
A Temple in the Sky
Excitement
Small Wonder
Insecurity
A short Goodbye
Reunion
Idealistic Life

Celebration

62 2 0
By Winterbunny13

There he was. Sitting across the hall at the table. You loved the man but it was hard, to simply watch him like that. Talking as if you didn't exist, as if your feelings didn't exist. Your eyes shined however for a moment in the dull listless mist of self doubt, confusion and hurt. He was talking to her. You couldn't help but wonder their relationship, how they laughed and smiled when together, it made your gut wrench. You took a deep breath, tried not to let the emotions show upon your stoic face and simply started to eat. "Just a little jealous, are we?" Aela. She always seemed to know how to push your buttons. Looking up to her confident eyes you shook you head.

"What are you talking about?" There was a tiny grunt from your lips.

"I am talking about Farkas talking to her, all the time." She took a seat next to you.

"Okay. So now's the part where you tell me why I should care." Aela shook her head.

"I've been around you enough to know when you're sweet on a girl." She took a drink. You glanced to your brother before looking back to Aela. "Or are you going to say I'm way off?"

"I know better than to say you're wrong." You chuckled before sighing softly. Your eyes went to her. She was laughing with Farkas, it brought a smile to your lips. "She's so happy." You stood up, before shaking your head. "I'm going to go train."

As you stood up, Alea looked to you. "It's dark..."

"Yes. We're good at seeing in those conditions." You chuckled before walking from the table, to the door. The air was fresh, so sweet as you made your way to the end of the patio. Folding your arms over your chest you leaned on the wooden support, looking up into the sky. You smiled softly, thinking about her. After a moment you heard the door close behind you. You pushed off the support, turning to see her, in her dress with two mugs.

"Hi..." She spoke so sweetly, her eyes staring at you, a smile tugging on her lips. "You left so quickly. You know that party is for us, right?"

"Yeah... well I think it's for you more than me. You were amazing, the only reason we got him back alive." You watched the light dusting on her cheeks. She held out one of the mugs to you, still smiling. The woman was flattered, you could tell.

"Yeah, well maybe less of me than you think. I did step on a few pressure plates, without you I wouldn't have made it out." You took the mug, her hand warming your own, her delicate fingers dancing over your skin. You looked into her eyes, before realizing that you were staring. You coughed, then buried your nose into the mug, taking a long drink. The ale was sweet, but her voice was sweeter. "My hero..."

You coughed, pulling the mug down, hitting your chest then looking at her. "Ex.. excuse me?"

She took in a deep breath, smiling a little deeper. "I said... you're my hero. I know I shouldn't prop you up. Idealize you. It's hard not to. You're frankly amazing." She took a drink, her eyes on you still. You rubbed the back of your neck. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel-"

"No." You waved your hand before her for a moment. "Don't apologize. It feels good to be thought of like that. It's a big title to live up to, though." You watched her smile softly. The sight that you would never tire of seeing.

"You have nothing to live up to, Vilkas." She placed her hand on your arm, squeezing your muscle for a moment. "Just be who you are. Vilkas..." Your name on her lips sent tingles down your spine. "You are my hero, without even trying."

You looked into her eyes. "You don't have to be this nice to me, you know."

"I'm not just being nice." She smiled softly, tapping the side of the mug. "Vilkas... I..." She took a moment, before looking back into your eyes. "Thank you, is all. I just...." She took a soft breath. "I feel so safe with you."

You were smiling. "You are." She nodded before turning back to the hall. She took just a step before you followed her, catching up quickly. You had placed your mug on a table on the patio. Your hand moved to her wrist. She looked back to you with a brow rising. You pulled her mug out of her hand, setting it on the table as well.

"Vilkas?"

She asked as you spun her around. Pulling her close you placed your free hand on her waist. She looked up at you as you held her close. She was blushing, which was absolutely beautiful. "I promise I'll always keep you safe." She let her eyes start to close, leaning into you. Your eyes widened for a moment watching her. You nodded very slightly to yourself before your hand moved to her cheek.

"Oh Vilkas..."

She nearly moaned, which only intrigued you more, heat generating between you. You started to lean down, your nose almost touching hers. "I'll let you get back to the party and the company of my brother soon enough. It's just nice to be with someone for a change."

"Vilkas..." She spoke softly, the whispered words between you. "In Farkas' own words, he's not much of a talker, so if I want conversation I should come to you." She was smiling softly.

"Well the conversation you were having in there seemed entertaining enough." You watched her smile softly.

"We were talking about the time he saw a vampire attack a giant, then get knocked into the air is all." She smiled softer, trying not to laugh within this intimate moment. "Every time the conversation is really enjoyable it's been... with you. History, books, strategy, weapons... " She looked into your eyes.

You shook your head, pulling back. "So you aren't... interested in my brother?"

"Farkas?" She chuckled. "No. He's my friend. I wouldn't even think... it's Farkas." You let out a deep sigh of relief. Your lips pulled into a deep smile. "I could never like Farkas." She smiled before biting her bottom lip for just a moment. "I am looking for someone though."

"Without an amulet of Mara?" You stood up straight, letting her loose, though she stayed close.

She looked down, crossing her arms over her chest, as if she were cold. "Well... yeah." She seemed to be down. "In my homeland... love isn't like it is here. I've watched people fall in love, then settle down to have a family. I want... so bad in fact... for a long sprawling romance. A man to court me, because he knows that even in the harsh life that happens here together we can not only survive but thrive. I want poems... flowers... a gentleman to escort me to romantic places. Have conversations with, long ones into the night, fall asleep in his arms." She blushed brightly. "Someone who can't keep their hands off me." You listened unable to help but picture yourself in that place with her. She looked at you, breaking you out of your daydream. "Sorry. I know you're a warrior, you shouldn't have to listen to all that soft flowery stuff."

You place a hand on her shoulder. "No, it's okay. You're more than just a hopeless romantic in this dreary world." She smiled at you, making your heart melt slowly. "It's late, you've had a lot to drink. I can sense the exhaustion. So while standing here with you would be ideal... I wouldn't keep you."

She blushed heavily, looking up to you. "I am tired, but I'd like to stay out here for a while." She walked to the end of the patio, with you following. "I do like the night. The stars are always beautiful. You called this place dreary, and yet it's so gorgeous. I've see the dancing lights in the sky, the snow in the moonlight." Watching her you longed to hold her again, this time kissing her.

"Well I suppose you are right." You looked to the sky, but found yourself still drifting off to her. The moonlight was making her hair shine, when you locked eyes you swore you saw every star in the sky in them. You wished you hadn't eased off of holding her, or brought up Farkas. You were slightly awkward, but learned a lot. You were skeptical that you'd be able to give her what she wanted. You weren't a man of poems or flowers, you were just a warrior. "It's so quiet tonight."

"Yeah, and a little cold. I wish I had some fire salts."

"Oh." You pulled off your cape lined with decorations and the companion logo. You tied it around her neck, then slowly pulled her hair out of the way. "Here... this will keep you warm."

She wrapped the cape around her, smiling. "Vilkas... thank you. You're so sweet. Nothing at all like I first thought." She yawned, covering her mouth with the cape. "Oh my... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." You spoke firmly. "Do you want to head inside?"

"Well I am tired but I don't really want to walk inside." She chuckled.

"I could carry you." It was a half joke, before she looked to you in admiration.

"I wouldn't make you do that again." She took a step to him. "but I am all warm and cozy in the cloak." She hummed for a moment. "I think I'm going to lay down in the yard, under the stars." You watched her, amazed. After a moment of thought you started to pull off your armor, leaving you in a loose shirt. "What are you doing?"

"I can't let a lady spend all night out here alone." She raised a brow, looking at you. A soft smile dawned your lips, setting your armor on a table. You stretched a little before walking out into the yard, tugging her with you. "Come on, the grass is comfortable." She covered her mouth before following closely. You sat down on the grass, watching her follow suit.

"Vilkas...?" You hummed as you lay back on the grass, looking up into the sky. "Thank you." She lays down next to you, looking up as well.

"Just relax here with me. You've been through a lot these last few days." You watched her nod before closing her eyes. It wasn't long before she fell asleep, leaving you with a smile on your lips right next to her, before falling into a soft sleep yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 4.7K 32
Book One of the Honor and Glory Trilogy After training for over a year to fulfill her destiny as Dragonborn and defeat Alduin, Ylva knew she would ne...
216K 3K 159
Requests open but may not be written for a little bit. Also no longer posting on this book, I will be publishing a part 2 hopefully soon. Random Sky...
3.1K 162 28
[I didn't made the picture] Hello dear readers, This is going to be an ShadowxReader book🖤❤️🖤. At almost every new chapter, a new story you're gonn...
2K 52 17
Vilkas x Dragonborn and Farkas x Aela Vilkas realizes he's attracted to their newest Circle member, and then suddenly she's their new Harbinger. To h...