The Academy - Book III

By emmyles

This is the final installment in the Series! *This book features very mature content! If you don't like your... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Don't Kill Me
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Q & A
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine - Side Chapter
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four - Part 3
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six part One
Chapter Fifty Six Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Author Note
Word Index and Information
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Help Pick a Cover
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty One

4.1K 180 76
By emmyles

Chapter Fifty One

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Clarence watched Jael Quin twist her, shoulder length thick reddish brown, hair before she pinned a glass butterfly hair clip into it and sighed, "I don't think it's yours or my place to say anything to Kae.  Xara has a mouth and refuses to use it unless it's to whisper to her cousin."

Jael Quin eyes narrowed at Clarence's reflection in the mirror, "What do you mean you don't think it's our place to tell him that Xara is pregnant."  Jael Quin threw the clip on the vanity and turned in the black cushioned chair to face him.  "Clay, do you know she honestly wanted me to believe that she is using Kaelen."  Jael Quin huffed, "Xara doesn't have a manipulating bone in her body and do you see the way they look at each other?"  Jael Quin snorted as she turned to pat the braid she'd just coiled and pinned up.  She frowned and picked up the last pin and inserted it into a part that was unraveling. "And to think with her hands fluttering around her stomach like they were, I'd believe her when she told me she wasn't pregnant."

"Jael, dear," sighed Clarence as he stared at her reflection.  "For the time being please leave it alone."  Clarence rolled his shoulders as Kaelen's words about Pharris and the council came to mind. "Aren't you supposed to meet Martha today so you both can decide on a wedding gift for Kae and Ruby?"

"Can I buy that little witch a new personality," asked Jael Quin with a pout.

Clarence chuckled as he patted Jael Quin on the shoulder, "Unfortunately they don't sell those on Rex or Rayia like they do breast and butts."

"I disagree," smiled Jael Quin as she reached up and patted Clarence's hand.  "Patricia, Lucas's ex-wife, seems to have been able to acquire a new personality.  Celeste, Acadia and I bumped into her in the Yellow District at the fair and she was absolutely lovely."  Jael Quin shook her head and chuckled, "I almost couldn't believe it was her."

Clarence shook his head, "No Patricia acquired something she didn't think she'd ever gain."  He smiled at Jael Quin's inquisitive reflection and massaged her shoulders.  "A man that places her above any and everything."

"Ah yes," smiled Jael Quin, "I vaguely remember Wyatt Ricker.  If I recall correctly he's a Wiseman from the eastern providence."

Clarence nodded slowly, "Yes.  Since the armistice with the Alliance he's prospered along with most Nah'Byians."

Jael Quin checked her reflection and frowned, "I could have sworn I had a tuft of gray hair and laugh lines around my eyes and mouth but they have vanished."  Jael Quin leaned closer to the mirror to examine her smooth skin and vibrant hair.

Clarence nodded hesitantly, "That new cream is working."

"Clay that cream was for my hands," frowned Jael Quin as she studied him in the mirror.  "I was just telling Acadia and Celeste that they don't look like they could have sons in their late twenties or early thirties."  Jael Quin leaned closer to the mirror to examine where a laugh line used to be,  "They both look to be in their thirties themselves and Lucas and Jacob don't look a day over twenty-five."

"It must be the air," mumbled Clarence as he looked at his own reflection.

Jael Quin shook her head and giggled, "It has to be something in the air or water.  Whatever it is," Jael Quin rose and smiled at Clarence, "we should bottle and sell it."

***

Gold District - Extravagant Cafe

Martha Hand frowned down at the cup of barley tea and waved for the waitress that had just placed it on the table.  "What is this," asked Martha as she pointed toward the cup with disdain.

The young woman paused and stared quietly at the tea cup before her lips pulled into a flat smile, "It is barley tea with lemon.  Madame Ward requested it be served at her table after her party had arrived."

Martha scoffed as she waved her hand over the drink, "Take this away it smells like wet grass and puppy dogs."

"As you wish," bowed the waitress before she picked up the cup and kettle.  "Did you want me to bring something else instead?"

"Yes," smiled Martha arrogantly as she read the reader in the middle of the table. "Bring me a glass of your Royal Blue Diamond Martini and the Gold Leaf Cake."  Martha leaned back in the chair, "And bill it to my daughter's fiancée, His Grace Kaelen Ward."

"Bill what to Kaelen," asked Jael Quin as she strolled up to the table and stared at Martha with a blank expression.

Martha laughed as she pointed toward a chair across from her, "I couldn't abide that tea you had preordered and requested a drink and desert more to my taste."  Martha smirked arrogantly at Jael Quin, "I was sure you wouldn't mind."

"Ah," nodded Jael Quin as she sat down.  Jael Quin smoothed her cream colored skirts around her legs before she turned to the waitress, "Please bring three random fruit parfaits."

"Three," asked Martha as she looked around anxiously.  "Have Queen Celeste and Her Grace Acadia decided to join us?"

Jael Quin crossed her legs, as she sat back in the chair, "Unfortunately they couldn't make it.  Acadia said something about an urgent meeting that she and Celeste couldn't miss."  Jael Quin chewed her bottom lip as she stared down at the crisp white linen on the table, "So I asked Mia and Ebony but they both had something important to do as well."  Jael Quin sighed to herself, "If I didn't know any better I'd think they were all fabricating falsities."

"So who did you bring," snapped Martha as she looked around the cafe expectantly.

"Oh," sighed Jael Quin as their orders arrived.  "I asked Elisa and Xara to meet me here after they were done nearby."  Jael Quin arched an eyebrow at Martha, "Do you have an issue with my choice of companions."

Martha snorted as she eyed Jael Quin as if she were simple, "What should I expect from someone of your breeding."

"My breeding," repeated Jael Quin as if she tasted something bad.  "By all means," smiled Jael Quin humorlessly, "tell me more about my breeding."  Jael Quin stopped and waited as the waitress placed their orders on the table and stared open-mouthed at the items placed in front of Martha.  Jael Quin eyed the gold leaf that adorned the cake and shook her head, "And you don't believe it's ill-mannered to order the most expensive item on the menu and then try to have someone else pay for it," asked Jael Quin sardonically.

"I'm sure I didn't," frowned Martha as she picked up the martini glass, looked at the blue sugar crystals before  she took a sip.  

Jael Quin watched as the waitress gave Martha a look of disbelief before she turned to walked away.  "It appears Elisa and Xara have arrived," murmured Jael Quin out loud, her expression one of relief, as the two women walked in and looked around the cafe.

"I've never really met -," Martha paused as she took in both women.  "Please tell me the blonde is Xara," whispered Martha as she placed her glass back down unsteadily.

"No," frowned Jael Quin as she turned to stare at the woman who'd paled. "The blonde is Elisa.  The young woman with the red hair is Xara."

"Oh my gods," whispered Martha as she stared in shock at Xara.  "No wonder Kaelen kept her in his home for so long?"

Confused Jael Quin squinted at Xara.  She took in Xara's long dark red hair styled, in a loose ponytail, her small rounded figure and her heart shaped face. "Am I missing something,"  asked Jael Quin as looked around the cafe.  She did a double take when she noticed that several men and women were staring at Xara with lustful eyes.

"I'm sure Ruby wants to eat her alive," smirked Martha as she sat up straighter in the chair.  Her blue eyes narrowed as they took in Xara and she shook her head, "But that does explain Ruby's hair color choice and her eyes."

Jael Quin brow furrowed as she looked around the room. "I did notice that both of them had the same similar hair and eye color but just assumed that Kaelen had changed his preferences."  Jael Quin frowned toward an older Rayian man that had stopped mid-conversation with another man to stare at Xara.  "I'm obviously missing something very important here," thought Jael Quin out load confused.

"Jael Quin," squealed Elisa as she sat down excitedly.  "The Gold District is more exquisite than any vid could ever show!"  Elisa grabbed Xara's hand and pulled her down next to her and across from Martha, "We went shopping at a little store called Usher's and I bought the cutest handmade vanity set."  Elisa picked up the blueberry parfait and handed it to Xara, "And Xara was able to get me a great discount!"

"Really," asked Jael Quin as she turned to look at Xara.

Elisa nodded as she picked up another parfait and dipped her spoon in it, "All he wanted was for her to speak to him for five uninterrupted minutes."  Elisa pointed her spoon at Xara and laughed, "I thought she'd pass out for sure."

"That's not true," mumbled Xara as she took a small tentative bite of the blueberry parfait.  "I just didn't know what to talk to him about."  A small smile tilted Xara's lips, "We discussed the weather and the Water District."

"Oh," laughed Elisa happily.  "I can't wait to go to there!"

"Kaelen and Ruby will have their engagement party there in less than a month so your wish will be answered soon," inserted Martha.

"Oh," laughed Elisa mockingly as she sat her almost empty parfait down, "My hope is to go there for a happier occasion after that!"

Jael Quin covered her mouth to stop the laugh that had bubbled up her throat.

"Young woman," snapped Martha as she placed her drink down and picked up the gold trimmed plate.  "My daughter marrying Kaelen is an event that will go down in history."

"Infamy you mean," asked Elisa as she stared at the Martha's drink.  She pointed with her spoon, "I read about that drink in the rags.  It's called the 10,000 Royal Martini because it cost that much."  Elisa frowned as she stared at the glass, "It also comes with two platinum and blue diamond swizzle sticks but I don't see them."  Elisa arched an eyebrow, "Did you put them in your handbag already?"  Elisa picked up the tray that the parfaits came on, "Or are they on the table?"

"How much," stuttered Jael Quin as she placed her empty parfait glass on the tray with unsteady hands.

Elisa reached into the pocket of there gray and tan jumpsuit and pulled out her clear pink and purple device.  "I saved it hoping that I'd see one at either the wedding or reception."  Elisa pressed a few buttons and the article appeared along with an image of the drink and the pastry in front of Martha.

"Martha," smiled Jael Quin tightly, "pay for your food and meet us out front.  Kaelen arranged for us to go to Neverland in the Gold District to commission something for him and Ruby's wedding."

"W-what," asked Martha surprised.  "K-kaelen said today was his treat."

"Did he now," asked Jael Quin as she raised her nose in the air.  "Then you should send for him to pay for your outrageous items."  Jael Quin turned her angry gaze from Martha to Xara and Elisa, "Ladies we are leaving!"

"If you leave without paying for this," whispered Martha infuriated, "Kaelen will be humiliated and it will definitely be in the rags tomorrow."

Jael Quin turned to glare at Martha before she waved toward the waitress.  "I'll be paying for the parfaits only.  Send for His Grace to pay the balance."  Jael Quin rolled her eyes at Martha, "And after considerable thought I'd rather rid myself of the burden of having to spend any more time for you.  Please consider this Nah'Byian custom ended."

Martha's mouth fell open as she watched Jael Quin walk out of the cafe after Xara and Elisa.  Her eyes narrowed before she turned to stare at the waitress.  "Send a message to Kaelen to pay for this," snapped Martha before she picked up the martini and took another sip.

"As you wish," nodded the waitress and walked away quickly to alert Kaelen and the rags of what had just transpired.

******

Silver Lights District - Ward Residence

Xara rolled over in her bed and hugged the pillow tight to her body.  "Damon" whispered Xara her voice full of pain.  "Please don't drink it," she cried as she was pulled deeper into a dream she couldn't seem to awaken from.....

"Kevin, we're here!"

Kevin looked out the dark tinted windows of the chauffeured SUV that had driven him and his best friend, Damon, to a large mansion outside of New York City.  His hazel brown eyes took in the gray stone building, the green shrubbery and manicured grass before he finally exited the open door.  "Damon," drawled Kevin as he fixed the cuff of his white linen shirt, "do you know why we are here?"

Damon's shoulders rose and fell as his midnight blue eyes looked around at the other parked cars, "I only know what I was told by Rocky.  He said this was an important event and we definitely shouldn't miss it."

Kevin glanced away bored as he looked toward the river and saw the lights of the city in the distance, "Who called this meeting?"

Damon brow crinkled as he gave the question thought.  "If I remember correctly it was Demetrius Savanovic."

"Ugh," sneered Kevin as they walked up the stairs.  "He's an eye sore and a disgrace to our race."

"Tell me how you really feel," laughed Damon as he slapped Kevin on the back.  "But I do agree that his views on things are more screwed up than most."

"If it weren't for him and dumb asses like him we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now," sighed Kevin as they walked into the large marbled foyer.   "Are our parents in attendance," asked Kevin as he looked around the well lit room.

"Yeah they're supposed to be here," frowned Damon.  "But who knows with them."

Kevin laughed as he changed the subject, "What do you think of the humans settling Mars?  I also heard rumors that they have a ship about to try some deep space traveling in the next six months."

"I think they should try to get a hell of a lot further away from Earth," chuckled Damon as he grabbed a champagne glass.  "With the moon goddess gone there's no telling when this place will become a barren wasteland."  Damon shook his head, "I give it maybe another hundred years."

Kevin watched with thinly veiled disgust as Damon to a sip of the deep red liquid from the cup.  "I still can't see how you could drink it like that."

Damon laughed as he placed the nearly full red stained glass on another tray as they walked further into the room.  "Not everyone is blessed with the ability to have women falling at their feet and trying to slit open a vein for them."

Kevin laughed, "You call it a blessing and I call it a curse."  Kevin waved away a waiter with a tray, "In the 18 years I've been a live do you know how many woman have committed suicide in the name of feeding me?"

Damon gave Kevin a stale face, "Did you really want me to hazard a guess?"

"No," snapped Kevin.  "But the numbers are staggering and trust me I'm not being boastful."  Kevin paused and looked around the room they'd both just entered, "Are you sure you don't know why we were asked to come here?"

"Positive," sighed Damon with a shake of his head.  "Last time we were here it was to listen to them boost of winning the war again the shifters."

"Yeah," snickered Kevin.  "I still remember when Elgin told those dummies that they'd thrown the planet into chaos by eliminating them."  Kevin shook his head and shrugged as he turned back toward the stage that was positioned in the center of the room.  Shortly after he and Damon started to talk again the light dimmed and a silver haired man walked onto the stage.

"I'm sure you all are wondering why I've called you here," asked Demetrious Savanovic. "As you know my family along with several others have funded deep space research so that we can get off this rock before -."

"We wouldn't need to leave Earth if it weren't for yours and the Krumbume clan," yelled someone from the audience.

"Now, now," laughed Demetrious as he looked around the room.  "The battle with the shifters and their supports started over a thousand years ago.  That is well before my time so don't place the blame of their destruction at my feet."

"But it was you and your family that finished off the moonwalkers and caused this situation," yelled someone else from the crowd.

Demetrious looked around the room smugly, "And it is I and my family that has found a solution but there's a small problem."

"What more could there be," cried a female voice from the crowd.

"Well," drawled Demetrious as he stared out at everyone with cold black eyes.  "There are too many purebloods for the new society we wish to start."  Demetrious paused to let his revelation sink in. "So I poisoned the blood that I served."  Demetrious smirked, "You'll all be dead in less than a week."  Demetrious bowed to the astonished crowd, "And that concludes why I called you all here."

"Damon," cried Kevin as he stared in disbelief at his friend.  "Hurry and throw the little you drank up!"

Damon's mouth moved before he gasped, "Kevin I'm going to die."

"No you aren't," whispered Kevin furiously.  "I refuse to let you die like this."
**
Xara jerked awake and wiped her eyes to clear them as she looked around her dim room.   "Damon," whispered Xara questioningly to herself. "Who is Damon? And what exactly was that?  What and where is an Earth?"   Xara scratched her head, her confusion grew as more questions came but no answers were forthcoming.

Xara picked up her device and frowned at the time, "Crap I overslept!"  Xara threw the light blank from over her legs and hurried to pull on a light yellow sundress that she'd laid out before her nap.  "Don't want to be late for dinner," she mumbled to herself as she hurried toward the door.  "Especially since I know Kaelen will be down tonight about that bill his future mother-in-law created."  Xara paused at the door and frowned to herself as she thought out loud, "Damon looked a lot like Lucas."

❤ A/N Before anyone ask who Damon is I'm not telling right now. ❤

*link to video made http://youtu.be/JcYRXg_q0hs*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
872K 34.1K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...
67.7K 1.8K 14
All it took was a smile for Isabella Brown's life to change forever. "Aiden please", I beg. My wrists were bleeding because of the friction of the t...